Married To My Cousin

By AyaMunna

"Why the hell would I want to marry you?!"I snapped "Well I don't wanna marry you either! but we don't hav... More

Jamaima! you're getting Married
Meet husband to be
Haidar, let me go or ill scream
Who's the hunk?
The body therapist
Mashed potatoes
See you in 3 days
Wedding Bells!
Meet the in-laws
Last night was a mistake
Off to Shanghai
'Supplies'
We are even
A friend from work
Is that a hickey?
Habiby
would you rather
Badbye
Reconciliation
Coming home
Suprise!
Understanding
Yes
Wife number 2
Wedding, honeymoon and Catfights
A taste of her own medicine
Dinner with a twist
Lunch
The bun is in the oven
baby daddy
BINGILA MANSION
Teddy
The birth of a princess
epilogue
Life update?

Daddy issues

6.2K 570 15
By AyaMunna

        Haidar

    Things are going to plan.
Zahra was out of the bathroom and on her bed, I walk in and give her a full on smile.

     "What's making you happy?" She asks curiously

     "Oh nothing, My ma just called to invite us all to a family lunch, tomorrow. I was thinking of announcing your pregnancy then, is that OK"

    "Umm...actually I wanted to tell my parents first. Why don't we wait a little, there's no rush"

     "Of course not. They'd be delighted to know they're having a grandchild, but its OK. No rush" I smile and make an exist. After thinking and rethinking...I decide on how to get the drug into her.

     A drink!

  I rushed to the kitchen and filled a cup with some apple juice and added a couple of sedatives. It was prescribed for me when I was having insomnia.

      I stir and take a sip, to make sure it tasted the same.
The there was no noticeable change in the taste or color,now all I need to do is make sure she drinks it.

     I knock softly on her door, once, twice there was no response. I was about to turn back when she opened with a cheerful smile.

    "Sorry I took long to let you in, I was in the bathroom. Come in and sit, its the first time you're coming to my room" she mumbles sadly

    "No, its not"

    "This afternoon was the first, but that was because of the fight"

   For a moment I feel guilty but images of the fight come flying into my brain and I muffle a laugh. I smiled softly "Well you can't blame me for not coming to see you" I spat

    "Haidar, please! Let's make peace before the baby is born"

   I resist the urge to roll my eyes and simply speak "Of course! for the baby's sake"

   "Really?" She asks in disbelief

    "Yeah. In fact, have my drink.... I was going to my room and decided to check on you so i got one glass but I'll get another glass. Have this one"

    Why didn't I just say I brought it for her? Well, she'd start having doubts and might end up not taking it. But if she believes that it was mine, and I'm giving it to her to make peace as she said....she'd take it whole hearted.

    "Thank you, that's very nice of you, but it's okay. I'm not thirsty, I'll get a cup later"

    I panic, I can't loose this opportunity "I'm not giving it to you,i'm giving it to my baby. Will you deny me my right to take care of it?" I question with mock hurt

    "Of course not" she gulps it done with a cheeky smile and wipes her mouth

     I get up abruptly "Well, see you the later" I plaster a wide grin and walk out the door.

**

    Jamaima

    "Ya mustapha please...." Mustapha is Mujaheed's friend and a doctor, I called him to ask for help. We can't just take her to the hospital unconscious and ask them to take a damn test. They'll be suspicious

    " You don't understand, Jamaima this is a crime. I could have my licences seized"

    "No one will know, please Ya musty" I beg with my  saddest most pitiful voice

    " Fine! I'm on my way. But if she takes you to court for drugging her.....leave me out of it"

    "She won't, I promise"

    " How are you so sure"

    " Because I could take her to court for the same reason"

    "She drugged you? Jamaima you should've reported this, she can poison you!" His overprotective brother settings just activated

    "No it wasn't me. I was told by a friend in Shanghai that she did it in college once, so I don't trust her. That's why i believe she's lying about the pregnancy"

     " I'm on my way. But you are going to get me in biggggg trouble if this gets out"

     "Relax OK, just hurry" I dropped the phone and went to check on haidar. He was still in Zahra's room and they were speaking about something, I couldn't hear. I wait till haidar walked out the door.

   "What happened? How'd it go? Did she take it?"

    "Nothing much, fine and yes" he answers all three questions at once.

    "Did you convince the doctor you said would come?"

    "Yep, he's on his way" I answer proudly

    "I guess we wait then"  he takes quick nervous steps to the room. I open Zahra's door and peaked at her sleeping figure and smirk. Payback!

     In case you're wondering? It was still afternoon. Ya mustapha called to tell me he was at the door, I let him in and after a little chit chat he takes a blood sample.

    " May Allah forgive me. I'm doing this to protect my sister"

    "Thank you ya musty".

    " I'll give this to one of my friends in the lab. I'll be back in half an hour in shaa Allah"

       The results are back. Haidar was scared of what it would say, I tore the envelop and take out the piece of paper. I gasp and clasp my hand over my mouth, My reaction freaked out Habiby.

    He yanks the paper off my hand and runs to Zahra's room. I follow him but before I could stop what he did next....I hear a scream. HE SLAPPED HEAVENS OUT OF HER.

    She sits on the bed and grabs her cheek."what did I do this time?"

    "You aren't pregnant!" haidar whisper yells

    "Haidar baby, I can explain... I was when we got married. I lost the baby because of our fight with Jamaima" she's trying to blame it on me.

    " No...you were never pregnant!  You'll burn in hell for this" I yell

     Haidar sits on the chair next to her bed and buries his face in his palms. She gets up to go to him and drowsily falls back onto the bed. She's a little woozy from the drugs.

     "Why?" Haidar sobs,"Zahra why would you do this. There was a time I loved you, I protected you!"

     She begins to sob, and for a moment I took pity in her. I sit beside haidar on the chair and say nothing. We just burnt holes into Zahra's soul with our stare.

    We were all silent for over 10minutes before she speaks. "That is why....No one ever loved me like you did. No one ever protected me, and I wasn't willing to lose that.

     My mother left my father before I was born. The man I call 'daddy' isn't my real father.  I found out when I was 14 and asked my mother about it, she told me he was a wicked man and that he denied the baby she was carrying. He denied me,I believed her and hated him with every cell in my body, till I turned 18.

    My mother and  father traveled with Husain, my brother. They didn't take me along, they never did. I always wondered why daddy treated me differently till I was 14. And I didn't care anymore, my life was like a version of 'Cinderella' but with no Prince charming, till I met you.

      When they were away, a man came to see me. He was a striking man with an aura that said 'money', he was a bit old and he looked lost. He seemed poor at heart, like he lost something and there was something about him that looked familiar.

     " You've turned out a beautiful woman. You have mama's eyes too" he said

     I ignored his words for I was afraid they meant what I heard "I'm sorry if you're looking for my father. He's not home"

    I saw hurt in his eyes but he just smiles "Actually, I'm looking for my daughter" My heart dropped, I slammed the door at his face an ran up the stairs.

     "My baby, My beautiful baby!" the man cried from the other side but I didn't stop. I just ran till I was in my room. I waited till I heard his car drive out the gate then went back down stairs. I found a piece of paper that carried the truth.

     My mother didn't leave him because he was wicked, she left him because he was poor. I cried everyday till my mother returned with her husband, I couldn't tell her about it. I wanted to just run away and find him...

     She found the letter in my room one day, she locked me up without food for 3 days then blamed me for bringing back bad memories into her life. "I should have never had you" she said "you are the worst mistake I've made"  she called me a mistake. She called having her poor husband's child a mistake

    "You left him because he was poor, now he's richer than daddy"

     She gasped "really?"

     " why? You want to go back to him and make another mistake, you money hungry-gold-digger!" I yell

    She slapped me. She slapped me! And from that day on she failed to acknowledge my existence. Two months later they sent me to Shanghai to study.

     I wanted to destroy my life in Shanghai, I wanted to just became 'a mistake' as mother said. But I met you, my knight in shining armor.

     I was happy for once in life, till you got married and I was determined to take you back. But I couldn't do what I claimed. I didn't rape you haidar. I couldn't do it!

    You know why? Because I can't hurt the one I love. I know its too late now, I know I've hurt you but I just wanted to share my hurt.

    I couldn't take being left alone anymore. I wanted to love and be loved. But it seems its midnight in my 'Cinderella story. Its time for me to go"

    I always thought Zahra was a good person. And I'm right, she just gat daddy issues. She has been hurt so much in life and Haidar was the last straw.

     She was just standing up for herself, in the wrong way😢

     Show zahra some love guys, she deserves it

     There is a mistake in the next update. Please read 'Lunch' before you read 'Dinner with a twist'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 3.2K 44
"We need to talk " he said and I nodded my head. "We both know this marriage was forced on us right?" He asked making me nod my head already afraid...
675 124 19
Some decisions aren't sudden. Just like mine. Again, I glanced over at my result on the school's notice board, where it was telling me I had to repea...
28.3K 3.9K 47
____•____ In Nigeria, it's known to everybody that each and every family has it own tradition. DAGGASH also has its, which differs from any other fam...
Fallible By UmmSalmaan

General Fiction

4.8K 616 21
She didn't know she had it for him this bad until Umaymah told her he will be travelling out. It wasn't like she was going to see him often anymore...