(Y/n)'s Awakening

By Green_Arrow_Fury

We all know the story of Dante, son of the legendary dark knight, but only a few know of (Y/n)'s existence... More

Your gear
The Devil Arms
Chapter 1: A New Era of Evil
Chapter 2: Baby Steps
What the Future Holds
Author's Note
Chapter 3: The Duel
Chapter 4: Help Wanted
Chapter 5: Hell's Most Wanted
Chapter 6: Dante?
Story info: It gets complicated
Chapter 7: Answers
Chapter 8: The Conflict
Chapter 9: Reunion
Chapter 10: Second-Story Work
Chapter 11: Uninvited Guest
Chapter 12: The War Begins
Chapter 12: Part 2
Chapter 13: Evolve
Chapter 14: Break Every Sword
Chapter 15: Siren's Shriek
Chapter 15: Part 2
Chapter 16: Shall Never Surrender
Chapter 17: The Boys Are Back In Town
The Next Phase
Chapter 18: Ready Your Blade
Chapter 19: The Bane of Pain
Chapter 21: Brothers Requiem
Chapter 22: Seeing Red
Chapter 23: Ulterior Motives
Chapter 24: The Fall of St. Paul
Devil Arms #2
Chapter 25: Home Training
Chapter 26: House of the Unholy
Chapter 27: Swear On My Father's Grave
Chapter 28: The Evil Within
Chapter 29: Fate
Chapter 30: Merry Christmas
Chapter 31: ...And a Happy New Year
Chapter 32: A Hero's End

Chapter 20: Devil's Bane

1.6K 29 5
By Green_Arrow_Fury

???'s perspective;
The sound of a thousand agonies suddenly and unexpectedly turned into commands and eagerness. The booming had begun.

My position grew crowded in a matter of minutes.... or hours.... time flows weird down here.

A horde of unsuspecting heathens made their presence known through howls, grunts and bellowing. They passed me by in an all familiar trance, the seeking of power.

I followed suit. The crowd lead to an abhorrent opening. It was new, different than the rest.

It seemed to lead out. Out.
_______________________________
(Y/n)'s perspective;
Through the open gate, I made my way inside. There were no guardians standing watch. Interesting...

(Y/n): Helllllllooooooo......

The inside was like a bottomless pit. The interior went down deep, in a way the interior went down more than the exterior went up. It lead to the blackest place of the universe.

...The Demon World.

(Y/n): Long wayyyyyyy down...

I kicked a pebble down the pit. Man it's deep!

The Devil's Bane. One of the original 3 towers. Gates, to Hell.

There's the Devil's Bane, Temen Ni Gru and Arnoldininki Adanic.

Out of all 3, I happen to be trying to climb the largest one...

(Y/n): Better get goin'.
_______________________________
Nero's perspective;
I reached the tower entrance. Everything was quiet... too quiet...

Nero: It's never this easy-

Jackass: HuMAn!!

Nero: You again?!

???: You two know each other?

I turned my head to the right. Trish was standing upon some debris overlooking me and Jackass.

Nero: Trish? What are you doing here?

Trish: Awe. You're worried about little ol' me? That's sweet.

She hopped down to my level and began to sway her hips. My cheeks heated up. Damn you!

Jackass: WhAT??! TwO?!?!

Trish: Lets finish him off!

Nero: ...right!

Trish's sword took on the form of a scythe. She tossed it in a circular motion towards Jackass's legs!

With Red Queen's exceed gauge full, I let her rip!!

Nero: CRAAAAZZZZZY!!!

I began to hack and slash at his torso as Trish took to the skies! Yellow lightning danced around us as we all exchanged blows!

Trish: Have a bit of this!

I watched as Trish came down like a falling star! I was kinda mesmerized with her combative action. One move after another, the skills...

WHACK!!

Jackass's hammer slammed into me like a truck! I was thrown into the wall of the tower! Damn.

Trish: Keep your eyes on the prize, kid!

Nero: ...It....wasn't like that...

That smarted! By the time I was back on my feet Trish had taken care of Jackass.

Trish: Done and done.

A bright light engulfed Trish. After it died down Trish had a new weapon.

Nero: Oh cmon! When am I gonna get one?

Trish: When you kill one.
_______________________________
Dante's perspective;
There I was, watching my partners in crime battling a horde of Pride devils from overhead.

Patty: Watch em drop like flies!

Ash: Stay focused.

The silver chick was using some sort of bow staff. She's pretty good.

My eyes moved up past the debris. The tower was just beyond this point. I looked to my 'friends' again. They can handle this.

I hopped over all the destruction. I couldn't wait. Curiosity and all that jazz. Could this be what Silver was talking about? The danger I must prevent in order to save the world?

We shall see.

_______________________________
(Y/n)'s perspective;
Holy shit! These stairs are endless!

*Demonic battle cry*

(Y/n): Now what?!

At the top of the stairs stood some kind of guard. Finally, I was beginning to get bored!

(Y/n): Hey! I'm looking for the elevator. Can you help me out?

To my surprise the devil pointed to a round platform. Damn, that actually worked...

(Y/n): ...Oh, why thanks my good sir.

It was right before I was to step on when he maneuvered into my path.

(Y/n): Um, excuse me?

I tried to pass around him but again he blocked my passage.

(Y/n): I see, in order to pass... I gotta go through you....correct?

The devil readied his flaming sword.

(Y/n): Cmon wimp!

With Agni and Rudra in my Hands I started slicing away!

(Y/n): 1...2...FINISH!

Then came the red hot sword! I hopped over his weak attempts to severe me in half! A few times I came in contact with his flames but I've touched hotter.

(Y/n): Lets see if I can do this.......

I hopped in the air with my swords spinning! A wall of flame surrounded me as I pushed the deformed giant back and forth!

(Y/n): WHHHHOOOOOHHHHHOOOOO!!!

In retaliation, my opponent opened his belly and shot out a flaming laser!

I was forced to hop about while dodging the red hot beams! Six or seven at a time!

(Y/n): Fight fire with fire! Take this!!

My blades impaled the ground as a stream of fire blasted off and collided with a beam from Hot Head!

We canceled each other's move. I'm not finished though!

With Agni and Rudra equipped, I rammed them into Hot Head's exposed belly!

Hot Head: AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHG!!!!

He erupted in twinkling flames before igniting! The explosion was mediocre....5/10.

(Y/n): Amazing...

Agni: Undefeated!

Rudra: We are!

(Y/n): Oh, right! The elevator!

I hopped upon the rising platform and took off. Making progress!
_______________________________
Neo's perspective;
So far the plan has been a success. I reawakened the Devil's Bane, I lured my brother and the son of Sparda out of hiding. Only two more goals.

The sound of the platform's mechanism echoed loudly. He's here...
_______________________________
(Y/n)'s perspective;

The platform stopped finally. I found myself in a large room with a cubic structure in the middle. Atop stood Neo, my brother!

(Y/n): ...Of course...should have known!

Neo: Brother. Welcome.

Neo revealed his right hand from behind his back. He was holding something...a sword....The sword...

Neo: Let's welcome chaos...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17 0 4
Dante is the half demon son of Sparda, the Dark Knight who closed the portal to the demon world to save the human one. Life was going pretty good unt...
100 0 9
This story takes place before Devil May Cry 4. This story follows Saithe, the daughter of Dante, The legendary Demon hunter, and the son of Sparda. A...
304K 4.2K 34
(this book is just a random CROSSOVER mainly DMCxHDXD...) You are YN Redgrave/Sparda, son of Legendary demon hunter, Dante, and the grandson of Spard...
416K 6K 29
Mundus has return to get his revenge to Sparda Bloodline for sealing him in the Demon World (I don't not own any pictures in this story at all)