Death's Kiss

By XXrogueXlucyXX

Isaac grew up knowing he had the power of Death. With Death not playing an active role he learned with his si... More

:Chapter 1:
:Chapter 2:
:Chapter 3:
:Chapter 4:
:Chapter 6:
:Chapter 7:
:Chapter 8:
:Chapter 9:
:Chapter 10:
:Chapter 11:
:Chapter 12:
:Chapter 13:
:Chapter 14:
:Chapter 15:
:Chapter 16:
:Epilogue:

:Chapter 5:

347 23 0
By XXrogueXlucyXX

:Isaac:

Lore seemed happy. She had a smile on her face as we walked into Wide Awake Café as my mother drove off. Running into her at the pack's infirmary was not what I was expecting, not the least bit.

'But the pack infirmary is taking on a few human patients, I'm sure whoever she needed for a doctor wasn't available, while we are always available in the infirmary.' I nodded at that. There was one thing Lore didn't exactly know about the infirmary well a few things. It was for werewolves.

But the only reason she was signed up there was because she was my mate or they probably would of denied her. It was very complicated at the infirmary with humans. They typically only took in humans who knew of the supernatural world or were exposed to it and in need of medical assistance.

'And then the cases of them having a werewolf for a mate so they can get even better treatment.' Werewolves were much more advanced than humans with their medicine. But werewolves had so much more knowledge than humans with all of the access to things that they had. Way beyond humans.

Whether it be potions, spells, and creams from witches to vampire blood that heals. It was a reason werewolves survive so long and why a human mated to a werewolf was always brought to the pack infirmary before a hospital. And now Lore was now in the pack infirmary.

'She must have something wrong with her to go that fast to find a doctor, it makes me a bit nervous.' That it did, but I wanted to savor the time I was going to spend with her so I pushed out all those thoughts that were in my head.

"I'll have a frozen mocha with extra whip cream and a blonde brownie along with a barbeque chicken wrap." I said with a smile. The barista wrote the order down before putting the order out as she turned her attention to Lore who stood next to me her eyes scanning the menu.

"I'll have a frozen green tea along with a egg, bacon, and cheese bagel sandwich." Lore said. And then that order was up. We went and took a seat. 'Smells very good in here like it always does, sweets, meats, and coffee all in a heavenly scent blended together.'

Coffee shops were one of the best places to be. With all of the scents that teased a werewolf's nose. Restaurants in general were good places for werewolves. Anything with food that was baked deliciously, grilled to perfection or anything else to that degree. Which is why I did enjoy going out places.

So going out with Lore was the cherry on top. "Thanks for taking me out." Lore said. 'She's very pretty as well as kind, seems we got lucky with our mate.' "Yeah no problem, you look like you needed to go out somewhere." I said with a bit of a smile on my face.

Not long after the barista called up our order and I got it before coming back over and setting our things down. Lore smiled as she took a sip of her frozen green tea as I took out my wrap and began eating the good food that I had ordered.

"So Lore, if you ever want a tour around town, I'd be happy to offer it." I said with a smile on my face. Lore looked back up and smiled just a bit. "Sounds nice." Lore said. 'I think that's code for yes, you can give me a tour around town.'

Lore had a bit of a blush on her face as she went to eating her bagel sandwich. "So when could you give that tour around town?" Lore asked her soft eyes looking back up at me.

I smiled at her. "Whenever you want, I'm practically always free." I said. 'Because we don't do much except hang out with Isadora and the training session with psychotic Della.' I nodded at that. "Um. . . will you be busy this Friday?" Lore said watching me waiting for an answer.

"Nope, Friday is clear. Want to do the tour Friday then?" I asked Lore who smiled at me. "Yeah that would be nice." Lore said. "Ok I'll pick you up around 11:30 AM and we can have lunch at a nice restaurant in town and then I can show you around." I told her.

Lore smiled as she took another bite of her bagel sandwich. I smiled at her as I finished up my barbeque chicken wrap before crumpling up the wrapper. 'Well that was quite good, and now I don't feel hungry anymore, but satisfied.' I nodded at that before we went to our drink.

The mocha taste was welcomed as Lore ate her food before crumpling up the wrapper as well as she finished the bagel sandwich. And like me she drank her drink. I then shifted over to my brownie before finishing that as well before drinking all of my drink.

"So Lore, is this your first time living in a small town?" I asked Lore. 'An attempt to start casual conversation and not have anything awkward.' Lore looked up at me. "Yeah, my parents liked big cities away from nature and anything that they deem a 'threat' to me." Lore said.

The distaste of that made me smile just a bit. She did like nature, her parents didn't. But Lore seemed determined to be her own person. Which is hot. "Greenburg, it seems like a nice quaint town." Lore said and I smiled just a bit at that as she was both correct and wrong on that.

'Greenburg can only be described in two different categories.' Sure the human side was quaint, with cute little shops everywhere. Then there was the supernatural side of Greenburg which wasn't as cute and quaint. Sure some supernatural were docile, but we all shared one thing.

Lovers of the night, seductive, creatures of darkness. Something humans would kill to get a taste of. And it seemed whether Lore liked it or not she would be getting a taste of the supernatural world. And if I had any say in it she would enjoy the taste of it.

'A nice introduction the supernatural world that doesn't send her running off somewhere.' The thought of sharing this world with Lore seemed to be nice. Something that you could savor and enjoy. But sharing things with your mate was the dream for every werewolf out there. It was just an experience.

That was the only way I could describe it. An experience that every werewolf out there would crave. Spending time with someone you care for. But my biggest goal with Lore right now was not introducing her to the supernatural world. Only a desperate idiot would willingly introduce her this soon.

I really needed to get to know Lore before I did any of that. 'Because once she trusts us she'll be more receptive to us on the introduction of the supernatural world.' So the biggest thing I wanted to do with Lore was get to know her before we advanced far

Most alpha werewolves wanted a relationship with their mate like that. Sure they knew it took time, but they typically marked them like that and got to know each other throughout their time together. But I hadn't marked Lore despite being from pure alpha bloodlines that ran through my veins.

Deep within. 'But then again we aren't some horny werewolf who is in desperate need of a quickie.' I nodded at that. We were gifted with patience from all of Isabella teaching us things. But of course we were a lot more patient than Isabella. And patience always paid off in the end.

And I planned to use that to my advantage. I didn't see waiting two years for Lore like Dalton and Isabella. But then again Isabella fought her feelings like hell was on top of her claws sunk into her neck so much that she thrashed around and created huge barriers.

I could see Lore, she was receptive. 'But confused on the way she feels for us, but then again she is human and won't understand unless we explain to her and show her why.' Lore could feel the mate bond. Mate bonds were a tricky complicated thing for sure.

It was stronger with werewolves, humans still felt it. But alphas had a strong urge with a mate bond. Which then turned it more on with a human mate. So Lore was no doubt feeling it. Like there was a rope connecting us and slowly pulling her to me. Slowly, but still that pull.

'A pull that is very hard to fight at times especially after marked, you crave their presence.' Despite what people said mates could be separate. It wasn't necessary to be with each other 24/7 like so many literature likes to show now a days. You could be away from your mate.

It wouldn't kill you, you could go about your daily life without having your mate glued to your side. But most mates preferred to be near each other. But they didn't have to be attached at the hip. So many people thought they had to, but that wasn't true.

'Although some werewolves like it that way.' I nodded at that as I looked back at Lore. "Thanks for taking me out." Lore said and I smiled at her as she brushed some of her brown hair from her face with some of blonde roots beginning to show in reverse.

"No problem, we'll be seeing each other. A lot."

1598. So I bring another chapter into the world. I feel special. I might do a double update. Don't know, depends on my mood. Until next time faithful marshmallows.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 1.4K 24
***COMPLETE*** THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I EVER WROTE SO ITS RUBISH I SUGGEST READING MY MORE RECENT BOOKS THEN READ THIS ONE TO SEE HOW I HAVE IMPROVED...
1.1M 43.7K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
246K 5.2K 40
"I want to claim you right here, so you know you're mine." His nose lightly traced a line down to the base of my neck. He placed a soft kiss on my sk...
54.5K 1.8K 29
This story is not about rejection or my pack beause I would have had to know about werewolves before I fell in love with one. With a family cabin al...