Consigned

By Cieranwrites

Erin Thomas is 23, and expecting. She lives with her boyfriend,Dean, and cannot wait to bring her baby into t... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Author's Note

Part 15

49.8K 1.6K 56
By Cieranwrites

I sat numb. I couldn't process anything.

Why me? What did I do to live a life like this?

I watched the cars pass us by on the interstate, a long line of blurry lights.

I couldn't cry anymore. I couldn't do anything.

I finally passed out of exhaustion. I succumbed to the darkness, fearful of what was going to happen to all of us.

I woke up to bright lights of an empty gas station. Dean was filling up the car.

I opened the door and stepped out.

"What are you doing Erin?"

Dean pinched the bridge of his nose together closing his eyes.

"I have to pee." I stood there, void of emotion.

I glanced down and saw Enzo stirring about.

Baby, now is the time to do something!

Dean walked over to me grabbing my arm, and pulling me towards the bathroom.

"Try anything and you know I'll make you pay."

I nod, and enter the bathroom.

I sat down and Dean enters.

"Can I have privacy?"

"Erin, we were together for years. It's nothing I haven't seen before." He rolled his eyes.

I hurried up and finished, struggling to stand up.

My stomach starts cramping and it took my breath away.

I grab the bar in the stall and clutch it for a moment.

"What?" Dean asked.

"Nothing. Just cramping up some." I spit out.

"Oh don't even act like you're going to go into labor or some bullshit."

"I'm not. I'm only 34 weeks pregnant Dean. It's too early."

"Good. I don't need any additional problems."

He opens the door pushing me out the door and follows behind me.

We got closer to the car and I heard a loud crash behind me.

I turn around and see Enzo on top of Dean. He's beating his face into the ground. Blood sprays out his mouth and his eyes close.

"Baby! He's out. Stop!"

"No!" he yells at me, causing me to jump.

"Yes!" I yell back. "You're not a killer. You're not evil."

He pauses, staring at me. His fists drop blood down onto the ground.

"Erin, he was going to hurt you, our daughter, me. I can't give him the chance again."

" We can go away again baby. Please. We need you. I need y-- owww shit."

I fall to my knees, holding my stomach.

"Baby?! Enzo runs over to me, pulling me up into his arms."

"Something's wrong Enz. It hurts."

He looks around, confused about what to do.

I feel it again, the cramping of my stomach getting more painful.

I cry out again and Enzo picks me up in his arms and rushes us back to Dean's car.

He carefully places me inside, and jumps in the driver's seat. He pulls up the navigation and searches for the nearest hospital.

I grip the handle by the door, squeezing it with everything I have.

Within minutes we arrive at the ER and he runs inside to get help.

I close my eyes and see shapes, hear voices, nothing really making sense. All I could feel was pain.

Enzo laid me down on the gurney, and I saw nothing but bright lights as I was rushed up to the maternity ward.

Please God. Please, let my baby be okay.

I closed my eyes, drifting off and listening to mumbled voices.

I open my eyes and see a little girl, about five years old, playing at the park, she laughs, coming down the slide, and begins to run towards a dark haired man. I smile watching her jump into the mans arms, and he scoops her up, kissing her cheek softly, squeezing her in his arms.

I walk closer, and see that it's Enzo, and I start to run towards him. 

He doesn't see me.

I try speaking and he doesn't hear me.

He starts tickling the little girl, and she giggles.

"Stop it daddy! stopppp." she laughs even harder.

He laughs, and sets her back down on the ground, and they start to walk towards the picnic tables.

The little girl falls behind and Enzo turns back to her "Hurry Marci, we gotta eat and go get mommy."

Marci?

I follow them, watching them eat and play.

He's such a great dad. I wipe my tears away watching them together.

They leave the park, and get into the truck. 

The next thing I know I'm watching them get out, walking into a tall building in the city.

I see Marci run straight into my arms.

I stand silently watching my little girl hug me. I have no words. My beautiful baby.

Enzo walks over and brushes his lips against mine, and I lose it. Please let this be my life. PLEASE.

We look so happy.

Beep, Beep, Beep.

I try to open my eyes, but the lights are so bright. I struggle and finally I can see somewhat.

I hear the machines beeping, and realize I'm in a hospital bed, I.V's stuck into my arm, and I am not hurting anymore.

I reach down, and I place my hands over my stomach, feeling a band across my stomach. 

Thank God.

I'm still pregnant. 

Enzo rushes over to my side, smiling down over me.

He has a sling on and look as if he's been looked at and treated while we were here.

"Hey baby." He says.

"Hi. What happened?"

"You went into pre-term labor. They stopped it, thank God. It was brought on by trauma caused by all of today's events. She's okay. They have that band there monitoring her heartbeats. She isn't in distress. It looks like you both are going to be just fine." He kissed my forehead.

"What about you? Are you going to be okay?"

"I'm fine babe. I played up a lot of the injury to make sure Dean thought I was too weak to do anything about it. I'm sorry I worried you. The doctors made me get treated since I was bleeding everywhere." he smirked.

"What about Dean? Did the police get him?"

"The police know everything now, Erin. They impounded his car for evidence, they have the camera footage from the gas station. He can't get away from this. But, they went to get him from where we left him and he was already gone. They put out an APB for him, and nothing's turned up yet."

"How long was I out for?" I ask.

"Nearly a day, don't worry. It's still early. Hold on, let me grab a doctor."

Enzo pulled the doctor in the room, and he pretty much said the same thing Enzo did. I was going to be okay, that I need to take it easy the rest of my pregnancy. He said that our daughter was going to be fine, as long as I took it easy.

After the doctor left, Enzo played with my hair, and kissed my head.

"I'm so sorry baby. I should've taken better care of you. This is all my fault."

"No it's not. It's Deans. You've done nothing wrong. You saved us, again. I'm just confused on how he found us."

"That's where it's my fault, baby." he sadly looked into my eyes. "Remember when we went to the keys and you went to the spa?"

I nod my head, confused.

"I jumped into the boxing ring when I went to the gym. Someone recorded the fight, and it went viral apparently. I never knew. I'm so fucking sorry baby."

**********

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 3.7K 16
Dark Romance! "Forgive me, father. For I'm going to abduct this little sinner." The holy father watched stunned as the tall guy yanked the girl o...
6M 217K 55
When Emily applies for a position as a caregiver for Daniel, a boy with a permanent spinal cord injury, she never thought she'd also be dealing with...
839K 16K 53
[COMPLETE] "You know for someone who's a virgin you sure do talk about sex a lot." He says. "You should see the type of books I read. As for the vi...
506K 8.4K 42
Arabelle Vine, a 22 year old photographer in Seattle Washington, is happy with her current life. She has friends, a great family, and a job she loves...