Love and Loss ~ Marauders Era~

By Music_Alchemist

Completed but currently in editing :) Noelle Starling. A sixth year Gryffindor student at Hogwarts, friends w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 26

4 0 0
By Music_Alchemist

Everyone arrived back to Hogwarts with one free day before classes. All of them sat in the great hall eating lunch as they planned how to spend the rest of their day.

"We could always go outside and play in the snow." Noelle suggested. Isabelle laughed as she shook her head. Snow was cold, wet and got everywhere.

"No. I hate snow." Isabelle replied as she took a drink of pumpkin juice out of her goblet.

"I have to agree. It's cold and not fun to stand out in." Remus added. Noelle groaned as she pushed the last of food around on her plate.

"We could always go back to the common room and play truth or dare or something." Peter suggested. Everyone let out a long sigh. They all wanted to go out and do something, but the snow just didn't seem like fun for Remus or Isabelle. That was until competition was involved.

"It's not like they could beat us in a snowball fight anyway." Sirius whispered rather loudly to Noelle. Isabelle perked up and raised her eyebrow.

"I'm sorry? But Remus and I would destroy you." Isabelle smirked as she laced her hand with Remus'.

"Isabelle you don't have to lie. It's okay to admit defeat." Noelle said. Isabelle rolled her eyes. Noelle and Sirius were totally going to get defeated.

"I think they want a competition." Remus said with a smile. Isabelle nodded in agreement. "To bad they don't what they are getting themselves into." Remus commented. The four of them looked at each with mischievous smiles. No matter how cold it was outside Isabelle and Remus could never turn down a challenge.

"What about us?" Peter asked as him and James sat there. James happened to be looking a little past Isabelle to Lily who was sitting a couple seats over.

"You can help us Peter." Isabelle smiled as Noelle scoffed in disagreement.

"That isn't fair! Three against two!" Noelle retorted.

"Peter can choose whichever side he wants! He would rather be with Remus and I!" Isabelle said crossing her arms over her chest.

"Then we get James." Sirius said. Remus laughed and leaned over whispering something into Isabelle's ear. Isabelle smirked making Sirius and Noelle exchange confused looks.

"Lily-"Isabelle started.

"No! That's cheating!" Sirius and Noelle exclaimed. Lily looked over to the group with an amused look.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Be my partner to kick these people's asses in a snowball fight." James said leaning over Remus to talk to her. Lily pondered it for a second but seeing James' goofy grin, she couldn't refuse.

"Sure. As long as you don't make us lose Potter." Lily said with a smile. Isabelle had never seen James smile so big. James sat back in his spot with flushed cheeks and a smile. Now it was Noelle and Sirius vs Isabelle and Remus vs James and Lily.

"I choose James and Lily." Peter commented. Oh, and Peter. Noelle and Isabelle argued back and forth because of Peter's choice. The snowball fight was going to be the first high stakes snowball fight at Hogwarts.

After lunch everyone raced back to the common room to get ready. The whole time Noelle, Lily and Isabelle talked about how they were going to win. Isabelle wore her favorite sweatshirt with her jacket and a pair of warm gloves. The three of them went and met the boys outside.

"Isabelle can't even aim! You think she's going to hit me?" Sirius laughed. Isabelle heard Noelle snicker next to her. Isabelle leaned down picking up snow and rolling it into a ball before throwing it. Isabelle laughed as she watched it hit Sirius who turned around alarmed.

"I think my girlfriend just proved you wrong." Remus smiled. Lily walked over to James and Peter as Noelle went to Sirius and Isabelle going to Remus.

"If you guys continue bickering then we are totally going to win." James smiled triumphantly as he threw an arm around Lily. Lily shrugged him off.

"Are we going to do this? It's already really cold out here." Isabelle asked as she huddled closer to Remus for warmth. Everyone nodded as they all started taking steps backwards.

"Five minutes to build a fort! Then go!" Noelle yelled flicking her wand up in the air making a timer show above them all. Once it started counting down everyone raced to make the perfect fort to hide behind.

"Bells, roll a big ball. Like a bottom of a snowman." Remus said as he started making one of his own. Isabelle nodded as she started rolling a ball of snow until it was hard to move anymore. Remus helped move hers over to his and the two filled the spaces between them and flattening the top out. Isabelle smiled at their work. The two combined made a excellent shield.

"Remmy we have two minutes left! Hurry lets make snowballs until times up!" Isabelle exclaimed diving behind their fort to start making their ammunition. Across the way was Sirius and Noelle who had a decent sized wall but what everyone didn't know was on the side no one could see was a ton of snowballs. Tiny walls were built on the sides of Noelle's and Sirius' to hide their hidden collection of snowballs.

To the left of Sirius and Noelle was Lily, James and Peter. Lily told Peter to build a snowman as her and James built three walls to hide themselves. James and Peter wondered why Lily wanted a snowman but didn't question it. That wasn't until Lily smirked as she took out her wand charming it.

"Shit, they have a snowman!" Remus said frantically as he started trying to build another wall that faced the snowman. Isabelle didn't understand what was so bad about the snowman, until the counter ran out and a snowball was hurled from the snowman's arm towards the two. Remus had pulled Isabelle down as another snowball flew past barely missing her.

"You can't win Moony!" James cheered before getting hit by a snowball. Noelle giggled as she ducked behind her fort.

"We are going to kick your ass Prongs!" Remus laughed as he launched a snowball that barely missed Lily. Isabelle threw one towards Sirius who had three snowballs in his arms. Isabelle dodged the first and second one as the third hit her left arm. With another throw Isabelle hit Sirius in the chest before immediately ducking. Remus pulled Isabelle closer to him as he whispered, " Lets run and ambush them." he said nodding towards where Sirius and Noelle were. Isabelle smirked as she nodded gathering a handful of snowballs. Isabelle heard snow crunching behind them to turn around and see Peter with his arm back about to throw a snowball.

"Wait! Go after Noelle! Go get her!" Isabelle said as she held one ready to throw if necessary.

"Betray them! Help us win." Remus said as he made a couple more snowballs. Peter looked between the two who were ready to pelt him with snow before sighing and going away. Isabelle and Remus high fived as they waited to hear the scream of surprise from Noelle's side.

"Peter! That's not fair!" Noelle yelled standing up with snow covered hair. Peter ran back to Lily and James while Sirius hit him in the back with a snowball making him fall face first into the snow.

"Now!" Lily yelled as her and James ran out of their fort with an armful of snowballs. Now everyone was out and snowballs flying. Everyone was hit at least once making snow get under their jackets and clothing. James ran towards Sirius but tripped accidentally falling and knocking into Lily. James was looking down at her his face red from blushing and from the cold, A blush clearly seen Lily's face as she looked up at him.

"Should we-" Isabelle started to ask before Sirius held up his hand silencing her. Everyone was waiting for James and Lily to get together, there was even a bet going around for whenever they would kiss.

"Can I get up?" Lily asked with a nervous laugh. James quickly stood up apologizing at once as he held out his hand to help her up. Isabelle smiled as she watched the two, it was only a matter of time now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the snowball fight where everyone agreed that it was a draw and would be settled another time. Isabelle went and changed into her new favorite sweater. She hugged the oversized grey sweater to her as she admired herself in the mirror. It was so was so warm and had a faint smell of Remus still on it.

"This is literally the best christmas gift ever." Isabelle said to herself as she threw on a pair of leggings. Isabelle went back to the rest of the group who sat in front of the fire. Remus held open his arms as he had a blanket draped around him a mug of hot cocoa in his hand. Isabelle ran up and snuggled into him as he put an arm around her enveloping her in warmth. Remus was always warm though, it was one of Isabelle's favorite things about him.

"Cocoa?" He asked nodding towards a cup on the table in front of them. Isabelle kissed him on the cheek before leaning over and grabbing the warm cup. Isabelle looked around at her friends who were chatting happily around her. This was her family. Everyone in it made Isabelle finally feel like a person. A person that wasn't bad or weak. She felt loved in this little group of people. Remus kissed Isabelle on the top of the head. Isabelle smiled snuggling closer to him. She wouldn't let anyone take her family away from her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 9.7K 44
{COMPLETED} Megan shadows is no ordinary human, she is a witch. One day she is forced out her old school in American and is transferred to Hogwarts...
867K 20.6K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...
42.4K 1.1K 8
Lilliana (Lillie) Lupin is just starting her seventh year with her twin brother and best friends. The only catch: she's in love with one of them. Whe...
831 160 48
The marauders fifth year. Involves LilyEvans trying her hardest to manoeuvre around her personal issues. SiriusBlack, RemusLupin, JamesPotter and Pet...