Scarlet Legacy (Completed)

By FadeinBlue

What if saving someone meant exchanging your fate for something you can't even imagine? What if your real ide... More

S1-1 | To Save Him
S1-2 | Ironic Fate
S1-3 | Blue Eyes
S1-4 | Trapped
S1-5 | On the Run
S1-6 | Through New Eyes
S1-7 | Crave
S1-7.5 | Crave Part 2
S1-8 | Setting Sun
S1-9 | The Monster
S1-10 | A Party of some sort?
S1-11 | Ella and Chris
S1-12 | Punished
S1-13 | Passion-filled
S1-14 | When lying makes it worse
S1-15 | Scarlet
S1-16 | Claws
S1-17 | Breach
S1-18 | Hope.Dangerous.Keep Away
S1-19 | Ticking Clock
S1-20 | Brave
S1-21 | Surprise
S1-22 | Basic Instinct
S1-23 | New Arrangements
S1-24 | Et Vermiculum Vitae
S1-25 | What could go wrong?
S1-26 | Snap
S1-27 | Loyalty
S1-28 | Betrayal
Character Guide
S1-29 | Aftermath♥
S1-30 | Favors and Traitors
S1-31 | Murderer
S1-32 | Just This Once
S1-33 | The Beacon of War
S1-34 | Promitti
S1-35 | A Bond that Lasts Forever
S1-36 | Uninvited
S1-37 | Torn
S1-38 | Rapture
S1-39 | Turning Point
S1-40 | Insanity
S1-41 | Bloodlust
SAD(not an update)
S1-42 | Unforgivable
S1-43 | Justice Awaits
S1-44 | Fratres Usque Ad Mortem
S1-45 | Out of Control
S1-46 | (Love) Bites
S1-47 | Good-bye ♠
S1-48 | Battlefield
S1-49 | Greed♦
S1-50 | The Curse ♦
S1-51 | Last Strike
S1-52 | The Beginning of an End
|Part Two Teaser/Hints|
|-|-|DETAILS|-|-|
Part Two (S2)
S2-53 | Unfriendly Visits
S2-54 | Royal Inquisition
S2-55 | The Bonds We Share
S2-56 | Desire
S2-57 | Master me, Master ♥
S2-58 | Veiled Intentions
S2-59 | Royal Intervention
S2-60 | Shattered ♦
S2-61 | Memoirs
S2-62 | Pounce♥
S2-63 | Unravel
S2-64 | Brewing War
S2-65 | First Wave
S2-66 | Masked
S2-67 | Black Veil
S2-68 | Revelations
S2-69 | Unexpected Ally
S2-70 | A Vow to Remember
S71 | A Prelude to the End
S2-72 | Bitter End
S2-73 | Shattered Reality
S2-74 | Behind the Curtain of Lies
Sorry
S2-75 | Gone
S2-76 | Past Reflections
S2-77 | The Grand Scheme
S2-78 | The Grand Scheme Part 2
S2-80 | Vinculum Fidei
Epilogue
Please support my other works <3

S2-79 | The Child King

2.2K 188 13
By FadeinBlue

~Author's note in the end... 

'Without darkness, there would be no light'-Anonymous

Scarlet Legacy Part Two

S2-79 | The Child King

~Honey LeChat

The little girl in the mirror was no stranger.

I recognized the blue-green eyes

The familiar face

The sadness and confusion reflected in them were not new to me.

They were mine. For she was me and I was and is still her.

The realization bloom on me, compelling a tightness in my chest. I had to exhale the breath I was holding and inhale a lungful.

"Beatriz," I said the name aloud and the little girl in the mirror perked up. She wiped away her tears and stared at me with those blue-green eyes with what looked like relief.

Her small hand pressed against the mirror on the other side and I did the same.

"I'm sorry." I murmured as I watched the reflection fade until I could finally see myself.

A twenty-year-old girl with rich auburn waves falling past her shoulder stared back at me. I felt the urged to claw out the blue eyes because I knew it was not mine. It was never mine. But now I could clearly see the truth.

I finally know who I really am. Who I am supposed to be.

I am Beatriz Ilgestrom.

~Battlefield

Jonah stepped into the clearing, his expression determined. The force that had held down almost all men on the battlefield did not affect him at all. He walked with fluid grace, his head held high as if he was wearing a crown. His blue eyes were like clear skies after a raging storm had passed.

He was the child king, but a king nonetheless.

On his hand, he held a dagger with the crest of the Romanov engraved on its golden handle.

Olivia smiled and walked towards him. They stopped a few feet, facing each other.

"I knew you'd be magnificent, considering your mother had been my former vessel."

Jonah clenched his fist. He hated how her words brought back the dark memories of her mother. "Release her. You are a parasite."

Olivia snickered. "I won't. And even if I wanted to, the girl had already been cast away."

"No. She is there. I could feel her and you could too."

Olivia bristled at his words.

"But she won't be able to rise. In a few minutes, her full strength would come back." Ilhea spoke and Olivia grinned. "Don't meddle in this. I can take care of it myself"

Ilhea and Honey's mother promptly vanished.

And as if to prove her strength, Olivia stared hard at Xathos. His movements become strained as the scarlet eyes took effect on him too.

She then gazed back at Jonah and the smile in her face, the glimmer in her eyes told him her next words were meant to strike him. He steeled himself as she spoke. But no amount of preparation could have stopped the shock and coldness that engulfed him when he heard her say,

"You killed her didn't you?"

Jonah froze, knowing what she meant.

"You killed the girl! You stabbed her!"

A strangled cry escaped his throat as guilt surged in him. "I-I didn't mean it!"

Olivia's lips pulled up in a vexing smirk.

"Then why would you lie? Why didn't you tell anyone that it was you who killed her?"

"I didn't kill her! It was meant for Sean!" Jonah froze. His gaze fleeted to where Christopher was hunched over to the ground like everybody else. But he knew that Chris heard him and guilt started to tighten in his chest.

"I-I" His throat started to close up as an image of Jaime pushed itself in his mind and it was all he could see. It was like he was living the nightmare of her death again.

"It's okay Jonah! I understand!" Christopher yelled and it brought a calm in his mind. He took a deep breath, pushing the guilt aside. "You are our king. You did it to protect. You did the right thing!" Christopher's words trailed off with a shriek of agony as his body plastered on the ground.

Olivia sneered at him. "You were still a murderer."

"You are all mad if you thought a child could take the red queen down!" Luke bellowed and started to snicker. Declan pressed the blade of his sword closer to Luke's neck. His silver eyes burning with rage.

"Shut the fuck up!"

"But Arius is not alone. We are with him." Roarke said loudly for everyone to hear as he fought against the force with sheer willpower. Everyone mimicked his movements. Olivia's face contorted with fury and malice. How she hated the sight of them. They were but mere flies to be swatted away.

Her scarlet gaze returned to Jonah who stood calmly before her. He should be trembling with fear. No one should stand in her way. And he was just a boy. She hated his confidence the most.

"Honey. No..." Jonah started and his iris swiftly turned to gold.

"Beatriz. I know you can hear me. Respond to me. I am your king. " Jonah said loudly and it almost made Olivia laugh until she felt it, a clawing feeling in her gut started to rise. Panic stole over her features and though she was quick to cover it up with a sardonic smile, Roarke saw through it. Hope swelled in his chest.

She's there. Honey is there.

He felt the strain of the force weakened until he could move. But before he could even get up, the wind picked up, almost to a screeching sound. A whirlwind of dust, twigs, and whatnot surrounded Olivia and Jonah. Until they were completely concealed and there was no way to reach them.

'Don't worry brother. I'll get her back.' Jonah's voice fleeted in their pack link.

Roarke clenched his fist and faced Luke who was still straining against Declan.

And now the real battle begins.

~Honey LeChat

The mirrors started to fade like dust until I was the only one standing in the black plane.

I needed to get back.

And suddenly a voice so familiar was heard. It started as a whisper and I could only get wisps of it. "am your king" The last words were all that makes sense.

But it was as if it lit the place up and from a distance, I saw a flicker of light. I ran towards it steadily, feeling my heart beat rise a staccato rhythm that made me feel alive.

But almost suddenly, the flicker of light vanished. My movements came to an abrupt halt. I looked around me. It was dark again.

I ran towards a random direction, hoping to see a way out. It felt like an eternity and all I could hear was my heavy breathing. Until I heard the whispers again.

'I am here!' I shouted, my voice echoing back at me.

Suddenly the indistinct mutter became hollow but clear. 'Beatriz. Let me in. Let me in.'

It was the voice of a boy. And I instantly recognized it as Jonah's.

Hope flared and lit up the place. Several lights flickered in the distance.

'I'm here!' I shouted back.

Suddenly the white lights turned an ominous red and the temperature dropped.

"You just can't fade, do you?" A woman's voice questioned, words dripping with disdain.

"Then I will make you disappear once and for all."

Finally, a woman stepped in. Her scarlet gaze held an ominous glint and her red lips were pulled into a malicious grin. It brought chills to me, staring back at myself. But I know it was Olivia.

"Why do you come back when all that you are was a lie?" She asked with confusion.

"I know who I am now," I told her simply.

And she shook her head. "You are my vessel. That is what you are. Imagine being part of my dominion. You could be a part of something greater. You and I will reign above all others. We will be invincible."

"There is no we. Leave my body bitch!"

"I could resurrect your parents, bring everyone you love to life. I'm sure you want to see your Daddy back."

She gestured on her side and Daniel appeared kneeling, his leg shackled with black chains.

'Daddy!" I shouted but he vanished just as instantly. I turned back to Olivia fuming.

"I know what you're doing! You are afraid. Because you know I would win."

Olivia's shoulder started to shake with laughter.

"Afraid of you? You have no power over me!"

I stared hard at her and saw a sliver of emotion reflected in her scarlet gaze.

"I do. I do have the power over you." I murmured, appalled that I could see the lies and fear beyond her confident façade. Maybe it was because I was looking at the me who had live in the lies. Maybe it was now I know who I am deep inside but I could see it clearly, the truth she desperately wants to conceal.

"What?!" she snarled.

"I have power over you," I said loudly and felt confident with my words.

Suddenly I felt a tug in my consciousness and a second later Jonah materialized beside me.

"W-what are you doing here?"

Jonah smiled.

"We are bonded remember? I can get to you wherever you are. Even inside your mind."

Olivia looked aghast at Jonah.

"You can't be here! How could you-?" She trailed off and now I could clearly see the fear in her scarlet orbs.

"This is impossible!"

Jonah stepped forward.

"But it is. A bond unlike any other. You don't have control over her completely, for half of her is connected to me. To reign over her, you must reign over me too."

"This is... It's not possible... A vinculum fidei?!"

Jonah smiled and continued to walk towards Olivia. He suddenly stopped and looked back at me. He held out his hand. "Let's go. We need to do this together."

I stared in his blue eyes and found strength in them.

I walked over him and held his hand.

Together. Once and for all.

Bella's Note

~Hey there lovelies! Sorry for not being able to update sooner. Figured you got tired or bored with the plotline and I lost the drive to continue. Now though, I'm trying to write back again and hope to finish ScarletLegacy this week. Hope you'll vote and/or comment. Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

421K 9.9K 26
when sasha a very powerful werewolf who has had her heartbroken and lost her pack comes across a new pack and her possible mate who need her help wil...
178K 4.6K 40
(COMPLETED) (Highest rank #7) We stared at each other. My palms starts to sweat. My heart was beating fast. Im trembling in a good way. For Pete's sa...
3.9K 916 30
Clara Mainn wasn't expecting a man with red eyes, black claws, and teeth as sharp as razors to attack in the night. Suddenly thrown into a world of...
104K 5.8K 140
A perfectly planned and coordinated cross country trip sends a young woman's world spiraling out of control with lifelong secrets coming to light, ke...