Soul Fire (GUARDIAN BL)

By narrymukeaf

Zhao have been waiting for Shen Wei to be reincarnated and now that he finally met him once again he would ne... More

Read this first!
Chapter 1. A New Day
Chapter 2. Suspicious Lady?
Chapter 3. Gate of the Soul and the True identity
Chapter 4. The case that leads him to him
Chapter 5. "I don't even sweats"
Chapter 6. "That face.. and round rim glasses"
Chapter 7. ' I want my reward'
Chapter 8. "Memories loss.. but not what the heart wants
Chapter 9. 'A lead to the loss memories'
Chapter 10. "Longing.. Desires"
Chapter 11. "Talks ..Zhao going to Mount KunLun"
Chapter 12 "Mount KunLun.. Misunderstanding.. Shen Wei.."
Chapter 13. "Awkward.. Retrieve what's lost"
Chapter 14. 'The sweetest kiss is after the fight..'
Chapter 15. "Melting from the touch"
Chapter 16: "Would have to wait for hell to freeze over first"
Chapter 17. "Midnight talks ..evil scent"
Chapter 18. "Smile that brings memories back is the hardest smile on the earth"
Chapter 19. "Chamber that shelters him will soon become his grave"
Chapter 20."Life force that flows through every single living being"
Chapter 21. "Hospital talks... revelations"
Chapter 22. 'Just give in.'
Chapter 23. "Sexual tension is real"
Chapter 24. "Sacrificing Shen Wei soul"
Chapter 25. 'Plotting against..'
Chapter 26. "Blurriness of Shen Wei's vision"
Chapter 27. "Possession in Discretion"
Chapter 28. "There is always a price to pay for power"
Chapter 29. "Regret, Guilt and Heartache"
Chapter 30. "An endlessly long past that still stretched ever unending"
Chapter 31. "Heart like flower waiting to bloom, love is the sunshine it needs"
Chapter 32."The Future of Secrets"
Chapter 33. "Everything good has to end"
Chapter 34. "Love is a curse; Hate is a blessing."
Chapter 35. "Little Guo in action"
Chapter 36. "KunLun has returned"
Chapter 37. "Unavoidable Consequence"
Chapter 38. "The God and upcoming god candidate"
Chapter 39. "Pay the price for being powerful"
Chapter 40. "The Last"
Bonus: Chapter 42
Bonus: Chapter 43
Bonus: Chapter 44
Bonus: Chapter 45
Bonus: Chapter 46
Bonus: Chapter 47
Bonus: Chapter 48
Bonus: Chapter 49
Bonus: Chapter 50
Bonus: Chapter 51
Bonus: Chapter 52
Bonus: Chapter 53
Bonus: Chapter 54
New Fanfic
Bonus: Chapter 55
Bonus: Chapter 56
Bonus: Chapter 57
Bonus: Chapter 58
Bonus: Chapter 59
Bonus: Chapter 60
Bonus: Chapter 61
Bonus: Chapter 62
Bonus: Chapter 63
Bonus: Chapter 64
Bonus: Chapter 65
Bonus: Chapter 66
Bonus: Chapter 67
Bonus: Chapter 68
Bonus: Chapter 69
Bonus: Chapter 70
Bonus: Chapter 71
Final Chapter 72
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
Epilogue III
Epilogue IV

Bonus: Chapter 41

2.4K 71 10
By narrymukeaf

"It's very lively here." At this time, Med-Bowl mortal old man disguised voice came from outside.

As all the four SIU was lost in thought, suddenly, they heard Zhao YunLan cry out, "Bowl!"

Upon arriving, the Med-Bowl extended a perfunctory greeting, it was clear from his manner and expression that there was a pire courtesy or respect at all.

Zhao YunLan held the roasted barbeque stick in one hand, he madly waved to the approaching Med-Bowl with the other. Taking the role of a little brother greeting his big brother.

Med-Bowl assist Shen Wei, curing some of his injuries and he's been invited to participate in this victorious party. Without a doubt, he was tonight’s center lead.

"Lord KunLun, I hope you won't blame me for coming without an invitation?" Med-Bowl raised his soothing voice.

As Med-Bowl said this, he walked over to where Zhao YunLan was sitting at.

As the victorious party reached its peak, Med-Bowl arrived. When Med-Bowl voices sounded, the expressions of the four aware people in the hall changed minutely.

"He’s Med-Bowl? Lord Shen Nong's medicine bowl? He doesn’t seem like.." Da Qing suddenly said. As he looked at the aura that Med-Bowl exuded. His aura was elegant and relaxed like a scholar. He gave off an eerie and extraordinary charisma as an old man disguised.

Zhao YunLan shrugged. "Just because you don’t know, doesn’t mean he doesn’t exist."

Da Qing and Chu ShuZhi quickly stood up to bow, together with Sang Zan and Wang Zheng.

After Med-Bowl arrived, he saw the SIU comrades of his Lord KunLun. He calmly walked a few steps forward and calmly stared at everyone and smiled in greeting.

"Good evening everyone. Everyone relax, please be casual. Today I’ve only come to have a look at the fun, there’s no need to pay attention to me."

After Med-Bowl came closer to where Zhao YunLan is, everyone else other than Chu ShuZhi, felt pressured.

Zhao YunLan smiled and said, "Great wine and food specially prepared to celebrate our victory. At your leisure."

There was an extraordinary feeling of beauty that was being emanated from Med-Bowl.

He was tranquil and peaceful. It made him appear even more otherworldly.

"Please sit." The calm words of Zhao YunLan were extremely direct.

Med-Bowl sat down close to Zhao YunLan. The place was covered in shade. All types of spiritual medicines smell took root around. They flowed with multicolored luster and scattered waves of fragrance that refreshed the mind of everyone's awake.

Sang Zan and Wang Zheng walked out together since it was now midnight peak.

Da Qing calmly watched Med-Bowl though it's somewhat rude to stare that long. Med-Bowl's aura and his voice carried a type of magnetism. There was a special aura to him. Even though he was male and age about at 50's, he was beautiful to an unapproachable level.

Was this individual a deity? He truly was extraordinary. It was different from what Da Qing had imagined. His outer appearance was truly magneficent.

Suddenly, Da Qing turned his eyes to Zhao YunLan, saying, "Old man Zhao… What is happening? Why do I feel like… he came?!"

Zhao YunLan raised his head and said, "Bowl always come into the Dragon City from time to time. Isn’t it normal for him to come?"

"No, it’s Bowl, Shen Nong's medicine bowl he… truly came. He is extremely close to us!" Da Qing's eyes was in pure stunned and shocked, and his body lightly trembled.

"Bowl.. " Da Qing's voice trembled, and there was a deep feeling that made his beautiful eyes widen. With a trembling voice, he said, "He is… in the Dragon City, and he is really, really close!"

"Indeed. It was a pleasure to meet cat ancestor." Med-Bowl's voice was extremely soft, and it continued to contain the alluring nature within him.

Med-Bowl's face was somewhat stiff. Originally he would rather die than attend this party, but if he didn’t come, that would be a blatant admission of his guilt.

Med-Bowl's heart was troubled. If he had known earlier just how abnormal Zhao YunLan as the reincarnation of KunLun was, he would never have had the courage to oppose him. In the future,if Zhao YunLan felt like it, he might even randomly assign a title on him. Even though Med-Bowl wasn’t a small fish, he wouldn’t even be enough for Zhao YunLan, KunLun, to stick between his teeth.

Med-Bowl then, stood up and spoke respectfully, "As a matter of fact, Lord KunLun. I just came here to bid my goodbye. As everything have been settled once again for good. I should not possess this mortal body much more longer."

Zhao YunLan was surprised to hear that, "Are you leaving now? Like tonight?"

"Yes." Med-Bowl turn to Zhao YunLan with a nod.

Zhao YunLan hesitated a bit before honestly acknowledging this. He would be in contact with Med-Bowl for a long time again. Someday..

Somewhere..

"You have already looked over for Shen Wei for five thousand years. Your agreement with Shen Nong has been redeemed even before. You don't need to look over for me either during this lifetime. Let yourself be settled. By the way.. as always you know where to find me and my dad if you miss him he he he." Zhao laughed it off as he waved at Med-Bowl.

Med-Bowl voice paused. He ruefully smiled. "Lord KunLun, please don’t joke with me. It was just a short time but I’ve already had to make many promises."

"Haha!" Zhao YunLan chuckled, "From now on you may call me Zhao or Chief Zhao, whatever floats your boat. Lord KunLun has already received you as a disciple."

"Mm."

"You seemed to care about the soul in Shen Wei right?" Zhao YunLan asked.

"Mm." Med-Bowl nodded.

"Weren’t you also interested in all those things that this world had? Herbs.. everything."

"I am indeed interested." Med-Bowl honestly replied.

"Well then.." Zhao YunLan turn to Da Qing who was busy smelling the wine glass of his. He sighed deeply and tap his head. He was startled as he looked up at Zhao warrily.

"Go get the book at my office. Now. Quick!" Zhao YunLan demands.

Da Qing leave immediately and a minute later, returned with a book on his hand. He handed it to Zhao and Zhao Yunlan handed it to Med-Bowl.

"My wife said to hand this to you as a souvenir and his strong gratitude for your help. Isn't he lovely?"

Right at that moment, Med-Bowl extended his hand and made a grabbing motion. His happiness was igniting within him. To receive such gift is such a pleasure for him.

"Please passed my overwhelming gratitude for celestial god Shen Wei."

Zhao didn’t respond to that, instead, he spoke of a different matter.

"As I remember, your methods were sufficiently ruthless. When you was healing Shen Wei, you used a great deal of top medicines, but that fellow is still lying half-dead in my apartment." Zhao YunLan looked at Med-Bowl, a deep expression in his eyes. This was the first time that he had seen such a crippling technique. He had no idea where Med-Bowl could have studied that from.

Zhao YunLan looked at Med-Bowl as if he were looking at some spooky monster and asked curiously, "When will he recovered fully?"

"This… well, I don’t really know." Med-Bowl didn’t know whether or not t Shen Wei had an upper limit. Med-Bowl hadn't possessed this secret skill for a long time. Before he could thoroughly research it, he had been reduced to ashes. Now, everything was left over for Zhao YunLan to ponder himself.

Using such an ancient, herbal medicine was an extremely sinister and cruel move. As for wanting to heal the damage of Shen Wei, well… not even the miracle medicines of the realm of the Gods might be effective, much less anything that could be found within the fairy market.

"I really don’t know what sort of special body he have. Although his internal injuries were not cured, his external injuries were soon healed. At that moment, Celestial god Shen Wei appeared to be completely fine. However, his aura was still extremely weak. The reason for that was because his internal injuries were still extremely serious. But you don't have to worry, Your Highness. Celestial god's body is special." Med-Bowl reassuringly said.

After his words, Zhao nodded and Da Qing were excited and started to feel anticipation and somewhat relieved.

At this time, the three of them also noticed there were ghost spirit gathering around them. As Zhao YunLan thought, the clock strikes at midnight.

As not wanting to continue this line of questioning, Med-Bowl took out a small crystal bottle from his pocket. There was a small black crystal pellet sealed within.

"That’s right, this is for you…"

Zhao YunLan looked at the small crystal bottle and a surprised expression crossed his face, "This is, a.. medicinal pellet?"

At that moment, Med-Bowl didn’t say anything. Instead, he looked at Zhao YunLan and nodded.

"Mm, this is a gift for you, Your Highness."

Med-Bowl placed the small crystal bottle in Zhao YunLan's hand as he unceremoniously accepted it. He smiled, jokingly saying, "Since I entered the world twice and have a master now which is you, I should give Your Highness a gift on the second meeting."

Med-Bowl was in the process of breaking in through to the world was only a matter of time. He can't possessed a mortal body for that long.

Zhao YunLan and Da Qing stared at the small crystal bottle that Med-Bowl had placed in his hand and muttered, "I really don’t know what sort of special medicine you have."

"I ate a bit more than half of it, Your Highness." Med-Bowl casually said. "This mortal body I possessed is somehow very fragile."

Zhao YunLan wanted to scoffs at Med-Bowl, like why does he have to possessed such an old body? Med-Bowl could possessed his father's body once again but he did not dare.

On the other hand, Med-Bowl already felt a bit numb. This was a top miracle medicine that even a mountain god like KunLun, had to be careful when taking. As for Med-Bowl he had swallowed half.

"What are you going to do when I'm gone?" Med-Bowl ask and he hums.

"I'm probably just going to hang out with my wifey which means I have to planned out our first date. That's all I could think about.." Da Qing groans and Zhao YunLan chuckle as he nudged at Da Qing.

"Besides, my shoulders aren’t broad enough to hold up the heavens. But I can certainly support this world, my family, my wife and my friends...."

Zhao YunLan's attitude seem to have changed somewhat as for Med-Bowl. There was something strange in his eyes. Eyes shining brightly.

Med-Bowl smiled. He was aware that Zhao YunLan indeed, had grown up quite a bit, and understood certain things much better than he had before. In some situations, he would do things that he didn’t necessarily want to do, as long as it meant protecting his family, his friends, his world and his love Shen Wei.

That was also the best way to cow the local populace and stabilize the conquered world. It was also the only way that Zhao YunLan could continue to advance safely.

Zhao YunLan eventually put the medicinal pellet on his pocket. He had wanted to say some word of thanks, but as the words reached his lips, he felt a bit sentimental and decided not to say anything. As he thought back, Zhao remembered that just couple of years ago, he and Med-Bowl were strangers but not in appearance since he possessed that time his father's body. But now, their relationship had developed to the stage where he could accept such a gift without needing to thank him. It was just like they were close siblings.

As he fully remembered they had such a close relationship even before the ancient world. He looked at Med-Bowl with a trace of happiness in his eyes and smiled. "It would be great if you could stay around, just in case something happens."

Even though Zhao YunLan knows it clearly the answer for his insisting plead words. He just gave it a try, after all Med-Bowl he states that he is already a god. So if him and Shen Wei died out, there stil would be new god. They weren't die in vain.

Not only was that, but the residual true essence in the mortal body continued to dissipate. Sooner or later, it would all disappear. After another day or two, the mortal body Med-Bowl possessed would become a cripple; the body he possessed would even be worse than a normal mortal’s. So he has to leave early.

"Then I should take my leave now."

After Med-Bowl finished saying those words, before he flew far, Med-Bowl suddenly stopped, turned his gaze to the people present, awake and smiled at them wholeheartedly happy. Zhao waved at him as he began to soared into the open window and up to the sky and began to fly into the distance.

After whilst, Zhao YunLan bitterly smiled as he picked up the wine bottle at the table, he found that there was no wine left. So he took the next big bottle next to it and broke the seal. He drank directly from it and allowed the wine to drip down the corner of his mouth.

After putting down the wine bottle, he sighed and said, "Luckily, this drunk fellow is clever and came up with an extreme way to resist this poison."

Zhao YunLan walk to his office and locked the office door. As he turned around, Da Qing was in front of him. His eyes were slightly widened as he watched his actions.

Zhao YunLan looked pointedly at the now drank and sleepy heads SIU folks before nudging Da Qing and whispering, "Let’s go home. I reckoned they will stay over here for the night. I miss my wife already. I just parked just downstairs, let's go."

Zhao looked meaningfully at Da Qing and suddenly a knowing grin on his face appeared.

Da Qing groaned as they both quickly made themselves scarce.

End.

(A/n: As I've said before my goal is 50 chapters. So I have 9 bonus chapters to go and then I will update 'A Year of Red Dust' and the other fanfiction I've writing quite a while ago it's titled 'School Rumble'😉)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

334K 20.5K 40
Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo has been classmates since kindergarten. Zhan has a crush on yibo but never got the courage to confess. Unfortunately Yibo ha...
55.7K 3.2K 51
*COMPLETE* Following the drama ending that we so hated, I decided to write a fix/continuation of the drama. Zhao Yunlan wakes up in his old body tw...
267K 13.4K 80
Wei Ying felt too suffocated because of Lan Qiren's pressure. He wants Lan Zhan to get married to another to have an heir, same as for Lan Xichen. We...
7.6K 657 30
Shen Wei who lived in a place where only he knows, received a signal. He followed that signal and reached a world quite different from the world he l...