Chapter 12 "Mount KunLun.. Misunderstanding.. Shen Wei.."

For a couple of days, everyone in the Special Investigation Unit have noticed Chief Zhao has been lurking in his office, looking around none other than his phone, texting and sometimes calling someone.

His odd behaviour interests everyone in the SIU which is the reason they keep looking at him for a second or two, every time he's in his office not making a sound.

Countless times, they've looked at each other, they always quickly look away, but still wonder why they keep getting the timing right to look each other's way and Zhao seems to not care about it but held a 'don't disturb me look'.

Sometimes, he stayed in the office for hours, doing nothing but ...observing.

Da Qing is the only one brave enough to approach him this time.

Zhu Hong and Lin Jing both walk back over to the door of their Chief being nosy eavesdropping. Chu is practicing Guo Chang Cheng's skills improvement somewhere.

"May I have a word?" he says, looking down at Zhao who sat on his office chair.

The conversation dies down straight away as Chief Zhao look up and stare at Da Qing expressionless.

"Sure." Zhao said slowly he tilted his head, crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes on Da Qing as if surveying him.

Da Qing crosses his arms together, almost smirking at Zhao like he know already what's going on to their Chief's head.

"I'd like you to tell me what's going on between you and Professor Shen again." Da Qing says rather politely but sarcastically.

"Nothing." Zhao answer quite truthfully, though making sure he don't add any detail.

It's none of his business.

"And what exactly does that mean?" Da Qing asks, pushing for more.

"It means none of your business." Zhao snarl.

Da Qing stays silent there are times when he likes fighting, teasing mocking their Chief but this time he really is totally not in the mood.

"Hey, I'm just joking. Really.. what's the matter?" Da Qing said rather calm and cinvincing as Zhao just glance at him once only and then spacing again.

Zhao have been having trouble sleeping at night for couple of days. Guessed it was around three in the morning... or at least that's what the clock read the last time he read it. He were over thinking things. And by things its mean everything. And there is only one thing that can calm him down; luckily that things is a he and he is sleeping on his own apartment refusing to stay over at his.

It should be a crime against the human race. Sunday mornings were designed for sleeping in and being lazy. Burying head under a pillow. Sleep, sleep, sleep…blissful, dark, empty sleep.

Zhao had nothing important to do today, so sleeping away the whole day sounded like a wonderful idea. But his mind refused to listen.

He woke up with a slight chill, groaning and reaching out to feel his boyfriend's warm embrace. Unfortunately for him, he wasn't there.

He couldn't sleep last night too. He felt wrapped and tangled in the sheets and when he finally threw them off of his body, he simply just got cold again.

He hopped off his bed, and started making his way to the SIU everyday. It seemed everything floorboard was out to get him as they squeaked and creaked.

He even prayed for a while back at his place that Shen Wei would miss him that much and visit him, no matter if it's evening or morning as long as Shen Wei came on his own accord to see him but when he came into his apartment he ended up seen none not even a scent.