Chapter 3. Gate of the Soul and the True identity

Zhao had finally arrived in Dixing land which is beneath the surface. He felt more alert and observant than ever before.

Somehow, he notices a significant change in the environment in Dixing.

Even the cold breeze blowing on his face is colder than when he was last here. He was even more grateful that he always wore a thick jacket whenever he goes out.

Suddenly, he is feeling sick.

He couldn't stop himself from overthinking and keep on looking behind him. He was far from Dixing's castle and all the citizens who lived underground.

They are in a vast, deserted area where no one lives. Human and animal bones are scattered on the surface. Scorching smoke air rising from the earth's depths.

There are literally no signs of life.

The place is pitch black, and the only source of light is the lava gushing out of the holes and crack on lands.

Zhao is unsure whether he can trust the new Dixing ambassador, but as a result of his surprise and the quiet conversation he had with the new Dixing ambassador, he came up with a new result.

He was stretching alongside the Black ambassador as they walked silently. He keeps groaning and groaning, as he usually does to Shen Wei to get the man's attention.

Unfortunately, because he is not Shen Wei, the new ambassador does not enjoy mixing with his upbeat personality so Zhao simply sighs and continues walking silently.

Zhao was taken aback when he unintentionally trampled on the human bone that had been crushed by his foot.

He wanted to ask the Black Robe ambassador where they were going numerous times because they had been walking for so long, but he always shrugged it off and remained silent.

"I have a feeling Lord Kunlun wants to know where we're going." Zhao was taken aback when the Black Robe ambassador spoke out of nowhere.

Their foot steps are the only visible sound that can be clearly heard.

"Are you able to see it?" The Black Robe ambassador then pointed to a large cave that could be seen from afar.

The cave large hole entrance was surrounded by black smoke clouds. It gives the impression that going there will lead no way back.

"What's the catch?" Zhao perplexedly inquired, but the Black Robe ambassador remained silent as they approached closer.

Zhao ignored the fact that the Black Robe ambassador had failed to respond to his question and continued to trail him.

He knows that a normal person could be killed by the black cloud of smoke if they goes inside.

When they finally arrive at the cave, Zhao realizes that it makes it even more difficult for him to breathe.

He had seen nothing while searching for anything suspicious or resembling a trap, only to be surrounded by those black clouds of smoke which kind of smell something odd.

"How come the air here smells like humans?" Zhao inquired as he kneels down one foot while caressing the soil on its palm and shake his hand to remove the soil dust.

"We called this cave the 'Gate of the Soul'. The Black Robe ambassador paused for a second before continuing.

"According to Dixing's history, it is a vast area inhabited by Dixingians, but due to the intense heat that affects people's daily lives, the Dixing residents decided to abandon the area. After so many years, we received news that a group of Dixingian who had come to inspect the land had all died and no bodies had been found. Since then, no one ever had the courage to came to this place anymore." The Black Robe ambassador explains.