Chapter 25. 'Plotting against..'

Life was funny, Shen thought, life was scary and life was no picnic. Turning back to his life some years back, he was just a little boy from the Land of Disrespectful with little or no worries at all. Roaming about the area though there was no fun life as that, his worry-less world. But then, suddenly, he met KunLun accidentally and follow the mountain spirit wherever he go like a fanboy up until the mountain spirit vanished. Dragon City to be specific, a city filled with weird people, kind, bad and all sorts. The city with the beautiful roads, houses and everything he'd never seen in his own place. Then, he met Zhao YunLan, the coolest guy, and also the love of his life. Shen never planned to fall in love, but it just happened, without his knowing how or when, and it was good, good to be in love. He fell deeply, and like a flash. How funny, because it was happening and it scared him out of his wits.

However, Shen calmed down whenever he reminded himself that, whatever happens, whether it was for the better or worse, he knew it was part of his destiny; part of a Divine plan, a story written by the best of writers, his maker. Shen knew whatever was written his way, it would lead him to something greater and even though his human mind may not be able to understand the wisdom behind it but that heart, his heart that was created by his lord, will understand that with patience, soon the fruits will fall. And one day, when he look back and see how perfectly the pieces fit together, he will be grateful that albeit what he wanted to happen did not happen, what was best for him did.

Unfortunately, that comfortable feeling was short lived.

"Staring at houses is not what we're here to do." Zhao said, smacking the back of Da Qing head, causing the cat to stumble forward slightly.

"Alright, alright...jeez..!" Da Qing said with an annoyed face as he sighed, eyes darting back and forth, observing his surroundings quickly. This time taking in more than just the scenery. He noticed some small anomalies and number of people on the street was scarce.

But those were just the obvious things. What they needed was something a little more, significant.

Zhao spotted a man leaning against a wall on his right, wearing a long cloak and a rather casual outfit. It wasn't screaming of suspicion, but there was something about him caught his eye.

"You two there, you shouldn't loiter around here too much!" Zhao shouted.

"Why is that?" the man quickly asked.

"There's been a... a.. few terrorist attacks recently and the streets aren't very safe anymore. Of course we are currently trying to address this problem." Zhao explained unprepared lies.

It correlated with his observations. The lack of citizens wandering the streets.

"But judging from what your wearing you both shouldn't be from around here, I suggest not staying around for too lon..." Zhao said before being interrupted.

An explosion erupted. Tearing a hole right through the cemented road and leaving a crater on the pavement. It's epicenter was right where the suspicious man was standing.

The three of them; Zhao, Shen Wei were flung across the street and then onto the ground. Shen Wei quickly recovered but Da Qing was still in a slightly shocked state, struggling to get up. The suspicious man however, was in a much more perilous situation.

"Da Qing! Snap out of it and help me out over here!" Shen Wei shouted while trying to lift up Zhao caught off guard from the impact on the ground.

"Ahh! Coming!" Da Qing shouted, slapping his cheeks and regaining his balance.

With the strength of the two, they lifted Zhao into an alleyway and put him in an upright position. Zhao was out cold with a few scratches here and there but nothing too serious.