Kiara Riddle (Fred Weasley Lo...

By FredWeasleyismyking

𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟮 Since she was young, Kiara always thought she was a normal, teenage witch; even if she was the da... More

Kiara Riddle
Ch. 2: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
Ch. 3: The Slytherin
Ch. 4: New Hair
Ch. 5: Curses
Ch. 6: Cameron Harrison
Ch. 7: Pineapples
Ch. 8: Fake Smiles
Ch. 9: Heartaches
Ch. 10: Socialising
Ch. 11: The Christmas Party
Ch. 12: Surprises
Ch. 13: Intentional Schemes
Ch. 14: The Upper Hand
Ch. 15: One Year Later
Ch. 16: Explosion
Ch. 17: Reconnected
Ch. 18: Sweet Dreams
Ch. 19: New Year's Eve
Ch. 20: Falling
Ch. 21: Sibling Love
Ch. 22: Air and Earth
Ch. 23: Apparition
Ch. 24: Love Potions
Ch. 25: The New Keeper
Ch. 26: First Date with Cameron
Ch. 27: Stronger
Ch 28: House-Elf Reports
Ch. 29: Get Lucky
Ch. 30: Harry and Ginny
Ch. 31: Sectumsempra
Ch. 32: The Quidditch Cup
Ch. 33: Confessions
Ch. 34: The Return
Ch. 35: The Battle of the Astronomy Tower
Ch. 36: Crossroads
Ch. 37: Dumbledore's Funeral

Ch. 1: An Unlikely Friend

7K 205 182
By FredWeasleyismyking

"Kiara Riddle."

Chapter 1: An Unlikely Friend

Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour returned to the Burrow a few weeks after, luggage bags in hand. Fleur's arrival radiated her usual beauty once more as she walked through the door, kissing everyone on the cheek and prancing inside. While Fleur slept in Ginny's room, much to her horror, Bill slept in his old room. The newly engaged couple attempted to share a room together but the idea was quickly dismissed by Mrs Weasley with one hard stare.

Mrs Weasley, normally a warm and friendly woman, became cool and impatient whenever Fleur entered the room, particularly when she was complaining about the lack of activities to do at the Burrow. Ginny on the other hand, created a new nickname for Fleur to openly display her dislike whenever she wasn't around. Hermione arrived a few days after Bill and Fleur and grew to dislike the French woman as well.

On a happier note, Mr Weasley was promoted after the new Minister for Magic, Rufus Scrimgeour was instated. As a result, several new offices were created in response to Lord Voldemort's return and the known activity of Death Eaters. Mr Weasley was now head of the Office for the Detection and Confiscation of Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects, confiscating fake objects that were sold to 'protect' desperate witches and wizards.

On the Friday morning after Fleur and Hermione arrived at the Burrow, a tawny owl soared through the window as Ron, Hermione, Kiara and Ginny were eating their pancakes for breakfast. Mrs Weasley opened the letter, giving the owl a treat before it took off into the daylight. "It's from Professor Dumbledore. He says that he will be bringing Harry here to stay with us for the rest of tomorrow."

"'Arry? 'Arry Potter is coming here?" Fleur entered the room, looking impossibly stunning at such an early time of the morning. Kiara felt self-conscious, knowing that her messy bun and the circles under her eyes from nightmares were nowhere near Fleur's natural beauty.

"Yes yes, how many other Harry's do we know?" Mrs Weasley said, the excitement vanishing from her voice as she turned to Fleur who took a seat next to Ron. Ron's focus switched from the pancakes in front of him to the woman beside him. The three other girls at the table rolled their eyes; it was very rare that Ron lost attention in food.

"Well, I am so pleased to 'ear that he is coming. 'Arry is such a charming boy, my seester talks about 'Arry Potter all ze time."

"Ginny used to talk about Harry all the time too," Ron blurted out, trying to catch Fleur's attention. She however, turned to Ginny, smiling.

"Is zat true Ginny? You and my seester will get along so well, eet will be good for you to talk about your crushes," Fleur exclaimed happily. Ginny faked a smile before glaring at Ron when Fleur looked away. Ron did not seem to notice, entranced by Fleur until he yelped out in pain as she kicked him under the table.

"Well, let's not fuss over Harry too much. We don't want to make him uncomfortable," Mrs Weasley said through gritted teeth, washing the plates furiously.

*

Early the next day, Kiara woke up to Hermione shaking her softly awake. Hermione and Kiara were sharing Fred and George's room now as Ginny was sharing hers with Fleur. Kiara however, remained in Fred's bed.

"What's wrong 'Mione?" Kiara yawned, rubbing her eyes.

"I just spoke to Mrs Weasley. Harry is already here," Kiara suddenly felt wide awake, eager to see her friend again after a month.

"Well, let's wake up Ron first." Kiara threw a jumper over her head, slipping on her ugg boots. "And, I have the perfect idea how."

Hermione noticed that Kiara's eyes flashed green as she said this, indicating that she was planning something mischievous. Everyone around Kiara knew that her eyes were permanently a grey colour since her breakup with Fred so a change of colour was rare. Hermione sighed but did not question her friend, knowing that Kiara wouldn't listen anyway. She spent too much time with the twins over the years. Hermione followed Kiara to Ron's bedroom underneath the attic. Kiara pushed the door open gently to discover Ron laying spread eagled in his bed, his mouth open as he snored deeply.

Kiara pulled a face in disgust but Hermione's cheeks turned a light shade of pink as she stared at Ron, drool trailing down his chin. Kiara focused on the air above Ron's head until a sphere of water appeared, directly over Ron's face. Hermione put a hand over her mouth as Kiara controlled the sphere side to side, creating suspense, before allowing it to drop.

Ron let out a yell of surprise as the water splashed over his face and directly in his open mouth. He coughed, spluttering as he choked on the water before jolting upright, glaring at the two girls who were laughing heartily in the doorway. "Very funny."

"At least it woke you up, you wake up the rest of the house with your snoring."

"What's with the early wakeup call, anyway?" Ron grumbled, wiping his face on his t-shirt.

"Your mum said that Harry is here already," Hermione chuckled and Ron's eyes widened, water dripping from his hair as he jumped out of bed.

"Where is he?"

"He is asleep, Ron. He's staying in Charlie's room," Mrs Weasley poked her head in, staring at her son shaking the water out of his hair. "I wanted to check on him before I bring up his breakfast. He looks so underfed, it is awful how those – Why are you wet?"

"He spilt a glass of water over himself, Mrs Weasley," Kiara quickly said as Ron opened his mouth to reply. Mrs Weasley shook her head, muttering about how clumsy her son was before exiting the room.

Ron sent Kiara an annoyed glare before he sprinted towards Charlie's room with Hermione and Kiara following closely, banging the door open. His face fell into a grin as he noticed Harry lying under the sheets, ripping the curtains open and letting the sunlight in, jerking Harry wide awake.

"Wuzzgoinon?"

"We didn't know you were here already!" Ron cried out loudly, hitting Harry over the head to help him wake up.

"Ron, don't hit him!" Hermione said reproachfully. Kiara glowered at Ron, cracking her fingers in an attempt to be threatening.

"Do you want another repeat of this morning Ronald?"

Harry placed his glasses on and stared at his three friends who sat around him. "All right?"

"Never been better," Harry mumbled, rubbing the top of his head where Ron hit him. "You?"

"Not bad. When did you get here? Mum's only just told us!"

"About one o'clock this morning."

"Were the Muggles alright? Did they treat you okay?"

"Same as usual. They didn't talk to me much but I like it better that way. How're you, Hermione? Kiara?"

"Oh, I'm fine," Hermione replied, scrutinizing Harry as if she thought he would burst into tears any second. Kiara looked at the other girl questioningly; it wouldn't make Harry feel good about himself by treating him as if he was fragile and vulnerable.

"We're all good, Harry," Kiara added soothingly, smiling.

"What's the time? Have I missed breakfast?"

"Don't worry about that, Mum's bringing you up a tray; she reckons you look underfed," Ron replied, rolling his eyes.

"That's because she's comparing Harry to you who eats for ten hungry Hippogriffs," Kiara muttered under her breath as the boys began talking about Harry and Dumbledore persuading an old teacher to come out of retirement the night before.

"So, um, did Slughorn seem like he'll be a good teacher?" Hermione asked.

"Dunno. He can't be worse than Umbridge, can he?"

"No one is worse than Umbridge," Kiara pointed out as Ginny slouched into the room, looking irritable.

"I know someone who's worse than Umbridge. Hi, Harry."

"What's up with you?"

"It's her!" Ginny exclaimed, her tone filled with annoyance. "She's driving me mad."

"What's she done now?" Kiara asked, knowing immediately who Ginny was talking about.

"It's the way she talks to me. You'd think I was about three!"

"I know. She's so full of herself," Hermione agreed bitterly. Harry looked astonished at the comments, clearly oblivious to Fleur's presence at the Burrow.

"Can't you two lay off her for five seconds?" Ron said angrily.

"Oh, that's right, defend her," Ginny snapped. "We all know you can't get enough of her."

Harry looked between the two, confused who the subject of the conversation was. "Who are you-,"

The bedroom door flew open once more as Fleur entered the room, holding a heavily laden breakfast tray. Kiara knew that she was excited to see Harry, especially after he had saved her younger sister in the Triwizard Tournament. "'Arry. Eet 'as been too long!"

Mrs Weasley appeared behind her, sharing a similar look of annoyance to Ginny. "There was no need to bring up the tray, I was about to do it myself."

"Eet was no trouble," Fleur replied, setting down the tray and kissing Harry on each cheek. Ginny glared at Fleur's back, Kiara stifled a giggle. "I 'ave been longing to see him. You remember my seester, Gabrielle? She never stops talking about 'Arry Potter. She will be delighted to see you again."

"Oh... Is she here too?" Harry croaked, looking behind Mrs Weasley in case a small, young version of Fleur appeared.

"No, no, silly boy. I mean next summer, when we? But, do you not know?"

Fleur looked at Mrs Weasley reproachfully who added hastily. "We hadn't got around to telling him yet." Fleur turned back to Harry, her silvery hair harshly whipping Mrs Weasley across the face. Kiara knew however, that Mrs Weasley intentionally didn't tell Harry as it was news that she wasn't thrilled about herself.

"Bill and I are going to be married!"

"Oh. Wow. Er? Congratulations!" Mrs Weasley, Hermione, Ginny and Kiara all avoided one another's gaze, particularly Kiara who would burst into giggles if she saw the other women's blank expressions.

"Bill is very busy at ze moment, working very 'ard, and I only work part-time at Gringotts for my Eenglish, so he brought me 'ere for a few days to get to know 'is family properly. I was so pleased to 'ear you would be coming, zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens! Well, enjoy your breakfast, 'Arry!"

Fleur exited the room with her usual elegance, closing the door softly behind her. Mrs Weasley made a noise that sounded like "tchah!"

"Mum hates her," Ginny said quietly, staring at her mother gleefully.

"I do not hate her! I just think they've hurried into this engagement, that's all!" Mrs Weasley argued, folding Harry's blanket at the foot of the bed.

"They've known each other a year," Ron pointed out, staring at the closed door with a dreamy expression. Kiara smacked the back of his head, attempting to break him from the Veela trance that Fleur radiated whenever she entered the room.

"Well, that's not very long! I know why it's happened, of course. It's all this uncertainty with You-Know-Who coming back, people think they might be dead tomorrow, so they're rushing all sorts of decisions they'd normally take time over. It was the same last time he was powerful, people eloping left, right and centre-,"

"Including you and Dad."

"Yes, well, your father and I were made for each other, what was the point in waiting? Whereas Bill and Fleur... Well... What have they really got in common? He's hardworking, down-to-earth sort of person, whereas she's-,"

"A cow," Ginny nodded grimly. "But, Bill's not that down-to-earth. He's a Curse-Breaker, isn't he, he likes a bit of adventure, a bit of glamour... I expect that's why he's gone for Phlegm."

"Stop calling her that, Ginny," Mrs Weasley said sharply as Harry and Hermione laughed. "Well, I'd better get on. Eat your eggs while they're warm, Harry."

"Having Fleur around is draining her," Kiara said quietly as Mrs Weasley left the room, looking careworn.

"Don't you get used to her if she's staying in the same house?" Harry asked as Ron shook his head, finally losing his groggy expression.

"Well, you do. But if she jumps out at you unexpectedly, like then..."

"It's pathetic," Hermione said furiously, glaring at him from the other side of the room with her arms folded.

"She'd probably be much happier if it was you, Kiara and Fr-,"

Harry broke off, noticing the sharp looks from Hermione and Ginny that told Harry to stop talking. Kiara froze and avoided his gaze, staring out the window blankly. Ginny noticed the stiffness in the room and turned to Ron.

"You don't really want her around forever?" Ron merely shrugged. "Well, Mum's going to put a stop to it if she can, I bet you anything?"

"How's she going to manage that?" Harry asked, eyeing Kiara curiously. Her eyes, which were grey when he arrived, were gradually darkening with every passing moment. Kiara noticed his worried gaze and smiled weakly but her eyes did not change colour to demonstrate any positive change in her emotion.

""She keeps trying to get Tonks round for dinner. I think she's hoping Bill will fall for Tonks instead. I hope he does, I'd much rather have her in the family."

"Yeah, that'll work," Ron said sarcastically. "Listen, no bloke in his right mind's going to fancy Tonks when Fleur's around. I mean, Tonks is okay-looking when she isn't doing stupid things to her hair and her nose, but-,"

"She's a damn sight nicer than Phlegm!"

"And she's more intelligent, she's an Auror!"

"Fleur's not stupid, she was good enough to enter the Triwizard Tournament," Harry pointed out.

"Not you as well!" Hermione said bitterly. Harry looked as if he immediately regretted his words.

"I suppose you like the way Phlegm says 'Arry,' do you?" Ginny scoffed.

"No. I was just saying, Phlegm – I mean, Fleur-,"

"I'd much rather have Tonks in the family," Ginny said firmly. "At least she's a laugh."

"I think you'll find you're wrong about Fleur," Kiara said quietly, attempting to focus on something else besides Fred. "She loves Bill and she always will." However, when Kiara said those words, her heart ached as her mind echoed her words.

She, Kiara, loves Fred and she always will.

Kiara felt tears at the back of her eyes but she didn't want to show her pain, not now when her friends were around her, discussing a different topic. In a whisper, she excused herself and kept her head down, her blonde hair shielding her face from view. As she closed the door behind her, she heard her friends whispering on the other side.

"Did her and Fred-,"

"Yeah... You can tell she's hurting."

"I don't understand why, they were only together for a few months."

"Oh, shut up Ron! She lost her best friend as well."

"But, she broke up with-,"

"Ron, you literally have the emotional range of a teaspoon!"

Kiara didn't listen anymore as she ran downstairs to the kitchen. Fortunately, Mrs Weasley was facing the opposite direction, busying herself with some blueberry muffins and didn't notice as Kiara crept past silently to go outside, running towards the pond at the back of the Burrow. She collapsed at the edge but she didn't cry, despite her pain.

Would the constant reminder of Fred ever disappear? Kiara was nearly always thinking of Fred and the memories they shared but even when the thought finally left her, it found a way to return startlingly and painfully.

She glanced at her reflection in the water's surface, noticing that her eyes were the darkest shade of grey. And, in that moment, Kiara knew that the colour black represented depression. Even though she wasn't depressed and her eyes weren't quite black, she was in the worst state of unhappiness that she had ever been her whole life.

"Kiara? Are you okay?" A soft voice asked from behind. Kiara turned to Fleur who stared at her curiously.

"I'm fine, thank you Fleur."

Fleur sat next to Kiara, pushing her beautiful, long hair over her shoulder, her blue eyes wide. "You do not look okay. You look like you 'ave a broken 'eart."

Kiara smiled weakly. "I'm not even the one who had her heart broken by someone else. I broke my own."

Fleur wrapped a delicate arm around Kiara's shoulder. "I do not mind listeening."

Kiara hesitated but the words began pouring out of her mouth. She told Fleur about her relationship with Fred, the happiness she felt around Fred, how she truly loved Fred. Even though she didn't mention the prophecy or how she gained her powers, Kiara told Fleur that Voldemort wanted her to join the dark side. And, she was worried, that Voldemort would hurt Fred to force her.

Fleur was an unlikely, good listener and didn't question or interrupt Kiara. Kiara felt different, talking to Fleur, as opposed to talking to Ginny or Hermione. Fleur was an outsider to her life, unswayed by personal relationships or bias. She listened to each word until Kiara finished and silence fell between the girls.

"I think he's better off forgetting about me and moving on," Kiara whispered, breaking the silence.

"Is zat what you want? Will you move on?"

"No but... He'll be happy and safe with someone else."

"I think zat Fred will always love you, like Bill will always love me," Kiara opened her mouth to dismiss Fleur's thoughts but Fleur cut her off, continuing. "My mother always told me zat the couples zat are meant to be, are the ones who go through eeverything zat should tear zem apart but they come out stronger. You and Fred will find a way back together because you belong to each uzzer."

Kiara let Fleur's words sink in. Even though she shouldn't be hopeful, there would always be a chance that Fred may never move on, just like she never would.

"Thank you, Fleur. That... That made me feel a lot better."

Fleur smiled. "I 'ope that we can be good friends, Kiara. And, maybe, one day, seester-in-laws." She then gracefully walked away. Kiara stared after her, somewhat surprised that she found a friend in the French woman. After you looked past her blunt and critical nature, it was clear that she was kind and caring; the qualities that Bill must've found in her as well.

Unlike everyone else around her, Fleur gave something to Kiara that she didn't have before. A glimmer of hope for herself and Fred.

Kiara sat beside the pond for a few more minutes before she took out the golden charm that represented her relationship with Fred. She stared at it before smiling, a true smile that she hadn't appeared on her face for over a month as she thought of a way to keep the charm with her always.

She walked towards the Burrow, pocketing the charm. As she drew closer, she could hear the hysterical voice of Hermione. "Is everything okay?" Kiara called out, closing the back door behind her.

"Our OWLs, they're here," Hermione squealed as she untied a letter from an unfamiliar owl, her hands shaking so much that she made her whole owl tremble. Kiara noticed that one of her eyes were purple-black.

"Are you okay?"

"I went through Fred and George's things... A telescope punched me and there's no way to get rid of it!"

Kiara sighed but for the first time, hearing Fred's name aloud didn't send Kiara into tears. "They created some sort of paste to remove effects from their products. A lot of their merchandise is meant to be 'permanent,' it's their idea of a funny joke."

But Hermione was no longer listening, she finally untied her letter. A fourth owl flew from its place to Kiara, lifting its right leg to show a letter addressed to her. Kiara thanked the owl, before opening the envelope and unfolding the enclosed parchment.

Ordinary Wizarding Level Result

Pass Grades:

Outstanding (O)

Exceeds Expectations (E)

Acceptable (A)

Fail Grades:

Poor (P)

Dreadful (D)

Troll (T)

Kiara Narcissa Malfoy has achieved:

Astronomy O

Care of Magical Creatures O

Charms O

Defence Against the Dark Arts O

Divination E

Herbology O

History of Magic E

Potions O

Transfiguration O

Kiara read the parchment, feeling somewhat relieved. She didn't consider her OWL results all summer, her mind focussed elsewhere. But, she was pleased that she achieved 'Outstanding' in nearly all her subjects. Even passing Divination and History of Magic with an 'Exceeds Expectations' was fantastic. She didn't plan on continuing with either subject but at least she did well in all aspects.

Harry and Ron were both delighted with their results, comparing their grades. Hermione however, achieved ten 'Outstandings' but one 'Exceeds Expectations' in Defence Against the Dark Arts and was seemingly, disappointed, despite her close to perfect result.

"Mrs Weasley," Kiara asked quietly as everyone in the room ate the chocolate muffins that Mrs Weasley placed on the table. "Do you have a spare necklace chain that I could have?"

Mrs Weasley looked taken aback by the request but didn't question her, smiling warmly. "I do have a necklace that I don't wear anymore," With a flick of her hand, a necklace appeared in her hands. She held it out to Kiara. "Would this be okay? It was something cheap I bought for myself when I was younger but the charm fell off and I stopped wearing it."

"It's perfect," Kiara thanked Mrs Weasley and took the necklace. It was a simple gold necklace but it was exactly what Kiara needed. "I'll be back in a few minutes."

Kiara climbed the stairs up to Fred and George's room, shutting the door behind her softly. She placed the necklace on the bed and Fred's charm next to it. Carefully, she attached the charm to the link hanging off the necklace, from where a charm used to sit when Mrs Weasley purchased the necklace. With a soft click, the charm was attached and Kiara smiled, staring at the mirror on the cupboard.

She clipped the necklace around her neck, holding the charm within her fingertips. Her eyes were still a dark grey and even though Kiara was nevertheless hurting, she would keep a part of Fred with her always. And, no one would ever hurt him. Not Voldemort or her father.

"I love you, Fred."

Kiara tucked the necklace underneath her jumper, hidden from sight before she walked back down to the kitchen to enjoy Mrs Weasley's muffins with everyone else.

*****

OKAY so this chapter was a filler but I hope you enjoyed Fleur talking with Kiara. I thought it was a good choice, a different character who could give Kiara some unbiased advice. I also love Fleur as a character and how she proves herself to Mrs Weasley in the series.

Thank you to everyone who is continuing the Kiara Malfoy journey and reading the sequel, even you readers who are just sussing (I see you all!) Even if you don't vote or comment, I appreciate ALL OF YOU <3 But if you love the story or have any comments or opinions, give them to me! I love talking to you all.

~FredWeasleyIsMyKing

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 1.5K 23
'𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒏.' --- Elaine Weasley, the twin sister of Ginny Weasley and in Slytherin house. Join her on her journ...
604K 18.1K 35
One thing you need to know about life, it's not what it's cut out to be. Why do I say this? Because I'm Harry Potter's twin sister, Isabella Lily Pot...
1K 65 30
(This story is kinda like a harry potter and george weasley fanfic put together idrk) Draco Malfoy's twin sister, Liliana, gets re-sorted into Gryffi...
105K 3.1K 22
After the death of her father Anna has changed. She starts to learn about the power Voldemort has told her about. Her powers grow stronger if possibl...