Emphatic Vampire (NCT NoMin)

By IamJi-ya

Jeno is a heartless emphatic vampire who finds Jaemin Na. More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Q and A <3
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Find thyselves

Chapter 22

3.7K 183 130
By IamJi-ya

"Mark-hyung, Donghyuck's emotionally unstable." Renjun said to Mark when the two of them was left in their table while the others get food.

"I know. I've been having a hard time too." Mark answered sighing, for the nth time. Let me remind you the emphatic vampires get strength from their chosen mate and their mate feeling down will not do them any good.

"Maybe you should talk it out?" Renjun suggested earning a nod from the older.

"Hmm I will after school." Mark replied seeing the other is coming back already.

"Hyuckie, are you fine bud? You're not in your usual state." Jaemin asked noticing that Donghyuck is being too quiet for his liking, this made Renjun and Mark tense.

"I'm okay Nana, I'm just tired." Donghyuck answered cracking a small smile that didn't made Jaemin believe. He knows something's up but he chose not to press on it, maybe Donghyuck doesn't want everyone in the table here his problem. Jaemin knew Donghyuck too well to the point that Donghyuck can't lie to him anymore.

"Hyuckie, don't fanboy at Taemin too much to the point that you're compromising your sleep." Jaemin chuckled trying to throw a joke.

"Well I'm sorry to break it to you Na Jaemin but I didn't fanboyed yesterday night because I am studying for the practical exam in laboratory for today." Jaemin smiled hearing the sassy Donghyuck back but got his eyes wide processing what Donghyuck just said.

"What?! Practical exam?!" Jaemin almost yelled. He forgot to study.

"Hey Na, don't sweat it. You can pull it off without studying." Renjun join the conversation.

"But--"

"Na Jaemin shut up. You're overreacting, the practical exam will be by pair. Just pray you'll be paired up with me." Donghyuck smirked plastering a cocky expression.

"I'll pray for that." Jaemin replied causing laughter to the others including Donghyuck. He felt happy seeing Donghyuck laugh but he also wishes that Donghyuck will tell him what's wrong.

Time passed by like a thin air as Jaemin and the others are already inside the laboratory right now, some of their classmates are trying to study for the last minute to save their grades and some are chillin' it's either they studied or the 'do or die' type of students. There are murmurs from here and there not really that loud enough to disturb their classmates who are studying. Jaemin, is one of those students who's studying right now. Jeno, Renjun and Donghyuck just stared at Jaemin not really wanting to disturb the youngest among them. They find it cute how Jaemin will read his notes and the procedures then look into nothingness with blank expression probably memorizing what he just read.

"Okay class, good afternoon. Settle down." Mr. Do greeted as he entered the laboratory with score sheets on his left had and frogs in a transparent box on the right. They know they'll have dissection practical exam today but they don't know that the specimen is a frog. Most of the girls widen and cringe their faces seeing the frogs and imagining them holding it.

"Okay listen up. The exam is by pair, I assume you already know that and it will be decided by draw lots." Groans and prayers could be heard across the room some are praying to pick a brilliant classmate and some are groaning saying that they don't have luck in this kind of situation.

"Quiet down. I hope all of you studied so that no one will suffer being your partner and since the group of Mr. Na aced the last laboratory experiment they will be the first group to pick their partners. Group 7 please start picking." Mr. Do stated as Jaemin and his members approached the front desk to draw their partners. Jaemin is the first one to pick and grinned after seeing the name 'Lee Donghyuck'.

"Okay if someone picked a name who has a partner already you'll give the paper to me and pick another. Now move faster you'll have less than 3 hours to perform your exam." That is the last instruction of Mr. Do to the class letting the draw lots take place.

"Okay since everyone is paired up. I will roam around to give you your specimen, please prepare your container and as I give the other pair their frogs the others can start getting the materials and chemicals you need." Mr. Do said as the class move their asses. Jaemin took the liberty to get the materials and chemicals they need because luckily he studied those leaving Donghyuck in their station to wait for the specimen to be given.

"Aaaah!"

"Woah! Shit!"

"Ouch!"

"Oh my gosh Jaemin!"

Jaemin was accidentally cut by the scalpel Sungjun is holding when he tried to get off the frog that jump on his face. The frog is supposed to be the specimen of Rosé and Fei but because of their clumsiness the frog jump out of their container jumping to Sungjun's face making him blind for a second swinging his hand that is holding the scalpel harming Jaemin who's near him. Jaemin hissed feeling the stinging feeling on his forearm where his blood is flowing. Donghyuck immediately rushed to Jaemin pressing his handkerchief to Jaemin's large wound to at least stop the blood. Jeno and Renjun, closed their eyes and calmed down first before going to Jaemin as well. Yes, they are vampires that sucks feelings and emotions but there's something in the scent of Jaemin's blood that made their eye color change.

"Nana.." Jeno called worry is evident on his eyes.

"I'm okay it's just a small wound. Jeno and Renjun you can go back to your---" Jaemin was cut off with smack on the head from Donghyuck.

"What the fck Na?! You call this small wound!?!" Donghyuck yelled still pressing the white clothing on Jaemin's wound.

"Language young man. Mr. Na and Mr. Lee I'll excuse you in the exam now and please get Mr. Na treated. Just see me after your classes in the faculty for your exam later, as for Rosé and Fei you got minus 30 already." Mr. Do said that with a stoic face allowing Jaemin and Donghyuck to go to the infirmary to get Jaemin's wound treated.

--

"What happened to that hyung?" Jisung asked seeing Jaemin's bandage forearm.

"Oh just classmates being clumsy, it's nothing big." Jaemin smiled brightly despite of the stinging pain he is feeling.

"Nothing big my ass." Donghyuck sassed rolling his eyes. "Are you sure you can handle the practical exam later? We can jus---"

"Hyuckie I can. You worry too much." Jaemin chuckled shushing his best friend.

"Whatever."

"Hey guys, hey Hyuck." Mark arrived greeting them kissing Donghyuck on the cheek.

"Jae what---"

"Ugh for the nth time." Donghyuck interrupted massaging his templed who made Mark shut up and the others chuckle.

"Just kidding." He kissed Mark's cheek and told the older how Jaemin got the wound.

"So the both of you will stay later for your exam?" Chenle asked munching his food. Donghyuck nodded as a response since Jaemin is busy studying again and being fed by Jeno from time to time.

Sungjun together with Rosé and Fei approached their table that caught their attention. The three had worried and sorry expressions as they looked at Jaemin and his arm.

"Hey Jae." Sungjun started.

"We're sorry Jaeminnie." Rosé and Fei said at the same time bowing their heads along with Sungjun. Jaemin smiled and told them to lift up their heads.

"Guys it's fine. I'm okay, mistakes happen from time to time. It's not that it's your intention to give me this cut." Jaemin said with a bright smile lifting something heavy from the hearts of Rosé, Fei and Sungjun.

"But we're still sorry for harming you." Sungjun replied giving a guilty smile.

"You're forgiven guys. Now go back to your friends and enjoy your lunch and break." Jaemin said still smiling letting the three go making sure that he made it clear that he wasn't mad at all.

"Nana stop studying already you'll have mental block later." Jeno said staring at Jaemin who's eyes is still glued on his notebook.

"Mmmm, 'kay." Jaemin responded closing his eyes leaning on Jeno as the older wrapped an arm around Jaemin shoulders playing with the younger's locks making Jaemin purr like a cat.

"Jen.."

"Mmm?"

"Loveyou."

"What?!" Jaemin shut his eyes open hearing Donghyuck's reaction. He got up from his comfortable position looking at his friends with smug expression well except for Renjun who knew everything already.

"I--I... W-we.. Umm.." Jaemin can't find the words he want to say to explain what he just said. He looked at Jeno for help but the older is shock as well. Jeno immediately gained his composure smiling at the younger leaning in to give Jaemin a peck.

"I guess you already got that?" Jeno smirked raising an eyebrow.

"The heck Na Jaemin! Why are you so unfair? The moment Mark-hyung and I got together I told you about it and you... How dare you? Since when?" Donghyuck dramatically said.

"S-Since the glee club party? Hehe." Jaemin awkwardly laughed that Renjun found funny.

"Why are you laughing? You know this?" Hyuck ask Renjun.

"Kind off, it's not really hard to notice if you aren't so distracted with you supposed to be one sided love with Mark-hyung." Renjun quoted in the air teasing Donghyuck.

"Ya! Huang you're so unfair."

"Oh my gosh Hyuckie stop it, at least you know it now." Jaemin said chuckling kissing Jeno in front of them.

"Well... As long as your happy and Lee Jeno don't you dare hurt that peace of shit, I low key love that fcker and I'm not having any second thoughts on killing you if you hurt Jaemin." Donghyuck said pointing his fork to Jeno's direction.

"Yeah, Renjun said that too. I will never hurt this fluff ball." Jeno replied kissing Jaemin's cheek.

"Okay stop the kisses, I've seen too much today. Ugh my eyes." Donghyuck whined making the others laugh.

--

"Okay, times up." Mr. Do said smiling at the last pair to take the exam and happy that his work is already done for the day.

"You did well Nana!" Donghyuck said happy that they get to finish the practical exam without problems.

"No Hyuck, we did well." Jaemin smiled helping Donghyuck to clean up their used station.

"Let's get this done and head home. I'm tired." Donghyuck stated, exhaustion is evident on his expression.

They already finished cleaning up and that's Mr. Do's cue to leave the two and give them the key to lock the laboratory. Donghyuck is sweating real bad and dug his pocket for his handkerchief only to see it blood stained. He forgot that he used his handkerchief awhile ago to press Jaemin's blood. He sighed and Jaemin saw this, the younger smiled and gave Donghyuck his handkerchief.

"Thanks Nana."

"Hmm. Let's go it's getting late." Jaemin said and both of them headed towards the school gate chatting from here and there.

"Hyuck if you don't mind me asking, is something wrong to you or with your relationship with Mark-hyung?" Jaemin hesitantly asked not wanting to upset his best friend.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Donghyuck asked back hanging his head low. Jaemin sighed at his best friend's actions, he knew him more than himself and Donghyuck doing this gesture just really give off that something's really wrong.

"Do you really want me to point out every single thing you did today that can prove that's something is wrong with you?" Jaemin asked stopping on his tracks. Hearing this Donghyuck also stopped walking his back facing Jaemin since he's walking ahead of the younger.

"I feel lost. I feel that I am the only one in the dark not knowing what's going on in our group." Donghyuck started, exhaling, he turned around to face Jaemin keeping the distance between them.

"Let me start with Renjun, I don't know if it's just me or he really is having this on-guard stance everyday as if someone's going to attack. Next Jeno, the worry in his eyes every time you guys aren't together is very different. Jeno isn't like that with you in the past since he knew that you're just in school and safe. Those are the things I observed last week. Now here, listen Nana. I think our friends is guarding, I observed that you can't be out of their sight and if you are one of them must be with, the more the better. You know it's not wrong Nana, I feel relief that there's a lot of people that are ready to protect you including Mark-hyung but Nana I'm your friend too, your best friend since childhood at that point."Donghyuck dropped the bomb that made Jaemin lose his words and froze.

"Now Na Jaemin, tell me what's wrong with you or what's going on with you?" He knows Donghyuck is attentive and an observant individual but he didn't expected that Donghyuck can pinpoint like this. He think for a while to counter something, he smiled internally when he remembered the mention of Mark's name earlier.

"Hyuck you... You aren't jealous of me because of Mark-hyung are you?" Jaemin asked having a smug expression when he saw Donghyuck's shocked and flustered face at the same time.

Nice save Na Jaemin! What a genius.

Jaemin thought chuckling at himself and at Donghyuck as well. He approached his best friend with a smile on his face. Jaemin put his hands on Donghyuck's shoulder, laughing a bit making the older glare at him.

"Hyuckie, Mark-hyung loves you more than anyone in the group. Your jealousy is just blinding you to observe something such us Mark-hyung staring at you during our breaks when you're eating or how he licks his lips when he saw you wipe your lips with the table napkin after you ate." Jaemin smirked seeing Donghyuck turned red even more.

"Oh my gosh Na Jaemin stop. I get it okay? Let's just go home." Donghyuck said walking away from Jaemin heading home on the other way.

"Bye Hyuckie see you tomorrow!" Jaemin yelled heading to his on house as well with a smile on his face.

--

"W-who are y-you?" Donghyuck asked as he saw this tall man blocking his way home. He is scared, he wants to yell hoping that Jaemin might here him. He stepped backwards as the man steps forward going to him. He was ready to ran to the direction of Jaemin's home turning his back but when he did the man was already in front of him smirking at him. Showing his red eyes and sharp fangs.

"W-what a-are yo-you?" Donghyuck is literally shaking falling on his bad because his knees got weak. Donghyuck felt a stinging feeling on the right side of his face before hearing the annoying ringing before his vision was blotted with dark dots.

"Help."

--

Heeeeeeey! We Go Up got me dead for two days. Jaemin rocked my braincells and my world. He got more lines than I expected. Let's make We Go Up music video reach 10M views in a week, if we can. Huhu 7Dream needs love and deserves love. Wavyuuuu 💕💕💕 -Ji

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 7.1K 22
Jaemin lost his smile when his parents decide to separate and file a divorce. Since that day, he became another person. Jaemin suffered from depress...
75.3K 2.9K 21
jaemin didn't know why he was alive anymore. he couldn't live the way he was anymore but all jeno wanted to do was help him "jaemin, eat something pl...
258K 9.6K 13
Jeno was just a normal school student. That changes whenever the Top Leader Mafia, Jaemin, gets his eyes on him, and wants more than just looks. 𝒮𝓉...
15.5K 521 61
Where Jeno is an 18 year old senior in high school. He recently moved to a new school which is terrifying to begin with but when you are a boy who li...