Chapter 27

Third Person's POV

The scene with Kaira calming Jaemin down by just whispering to his ears was still stuck in Renjun's mind. How did Kaira do it and what did she do? Getting tired of thinking he let out a loud sigh as he walks going to his first period in the afternoon alone. Jeno decided to take Jaemin home to make the younger rest, a lot happened this morning even if it's just the first day and being involved with all of those is tough.

Silence accompanied Renjun as he strides the empty hallways since most students are on their classes at the moment but not until he passed by the locker area. Renjun heard a loud bang coming from the most end lockers as if someone is slammed on it. Feeling something bad about it, he carefully walked to the direction where he heard the sound not wanting to be caught. Reaching the place he saw Kaira being pinned on the lockers, he immediately hid himself by the nearest corner to see what they are going to do.

He decided not to help Kaira yet. Two girls are in front of Kaira the other one being Hong Euijin, smirking down at the struggling Kaira to get away from the grip of the other girl who has white blonde hair that Renjun assumes to be senior.

"Stop interfering Kim Kaira." Euijin said pulling Kaira's hair, her eyes turning into a crimson red color but you can't see any fear and hurt on the girl's expression instead Kaira smiled that maybe irritated the other girl. She changed her grip from Kaira's collar to her neck choking the latter, that's Renjun's cue to interrupt them getting out from his hiding place when he saw Kaira gasped for air.

"Hey let her go fiends." Renjun said to get their attention. Fortunately, the other girl that is choking Kaira let her go as well as Euijin to turn around to face Renjun.

"Kaira!" Just in time Suji came dragging Kaira putting her on her back to protect the girl. Suji glared at the girls in front of them.

"What have you done this time Shin Yoon Joo?" Suji asked her voice holding something dark.

"Nothing much, Lee Suji." The girl with a white blonde hair responded smirking at Suji then looking at Kaira with a glare. What confused Renjun now is, why didn't Euijin use her gift to inflict fear on Kaira right now?

The girl named Yoon Joo faced Renjun with a blank face as she runs her sight at Renjun from head to toe.

"You better stay out of this too non-eater. You seem weak." Yoon Joo stated after scanning Renjun making him boil inside but he chose to throw as smirk back at Yoon Joo. Renjun stepped forward going to Yoon Joo, softly grabbing a strand of her hair.

"Really sweetheart?" Renjun whispered to her right ear as her left cheek was cut open causing some blood to flow out of it. Renjun then stepped backward keeping a safe distance as he flashed them a smirk.

"H-how did he..." Euijin stuttered seeing how Renjun did nothing but grabbed a strand of Yoon Joo's hair before whispering.

"You're gonna pay for this Psi vampire." Yoon Joo spat with gritted teeth as she stormed out of their sight with Euijin following her from behind.

"I'll wait for that sweetheart." Renjun said a little bit loud for Yoon Joo to hear it then he snapped his finger causing Yoon Joo another cut on her arm, making her groan as Renjun laughed. When Yoon Joo and Euijin as are already out of sight, Renjun let out a sigh of relief then he turned around to face the two girls with him.

"Now Kim Kaira, tell me what and who you are."

--

"Huang Renjun!" Chenle yelled desperate to get Renjun's attention that's spacing out.

The three of them were left in the house while the others buy food in the middle of the night because unfortunately the supply in their fridge isn't enough to feed them. They're at the shared house of Chenle and the others, having a sleepover since its Friday. Kaira and Suji are invited by Renjun too with of course a little hidden motive. Luckily, the two were persuaded wait no forced by Jaemin and the others to tag along.