Chapter 22

"Mark-hyung, Donghyuck's emotionally unstable." Renjun said to Mark when the two of them was left in their table while the others get food.

"I know. I've been having a hard time too." Mark answered sighing, for the nth time. Let me remind you the emphatic vampires get strength from their chosen mate and their mate feeling down will not do them any good.

"Maybe you should talk it out?" Renjun suggested earning a nod from the older.

"Hmm I will after school." Mark replied seeing the other is coming back already.

"Hyuckie, are you fine bud? You're not in your usual state." Jaemin asked noticing that Donghyuck is being too quiet for his liking, this made Renjun and Mark tense.

"I'm okay Nana, I'm just tired." Donghyuck answered cracking a small smile that didn't made Jaemin believe. He knows something's up but he chose not to press on it, maybe Donghyuck doesn't want everyone in the table here his problem. Jaemin knew Donghyuck too well to the point that Donghyuck can't lie to him anymore.

"Hyuckie, don't fanboy at Taemin too much to the point that you're compromising your sleep." Jaemin chuckled trying to throw a joke.

"Well I'm sorry to break it to you Na Jaemin but I didn't fanboyed yesterday night because I am studying for the practical exam in laboratory for today." Jaemin smiled hearing the sassy Donghyuck back but got his eyes wide processing what Donghyuck just said.

"What?! Practical exam?!" Jaemin almost yelled. He forgot to study.

"Hey Na, don't sweat it. You can pull it off without studying." Renjun join the conversation.

"But--"

"Na Jaemin shut up. You're overreacting, the practical exam will be by pair. Just pray you'll be paired up with me." Donghyuck smirked plastering a cocky expression.

"I'll pray for that." Jaemin replied causing laughter to the others including Donghyuck. He felt happy seeing Donghyuck laugh but he also wishes that Donghyuck will tell him what's wrong.

Time passed by like a thin air as Jaemin and the others are already inside the laboratory right now, some of their classmates are trying to study for the last minute to save their grades and some are chillin' it's either they studied or the 'do or die' type of students. There are murmurs from here and there not really that loud enough to disturb their classmates who are studying. Jaemin, is one of those students who's studying right now. Jeno, Renjun and Donghyuck just stared at Jaemin not really wanting to disturb the youngest among them. They find it cute how Jaemin will read his notes and the procedures then look into nothingness with blank expression probably memorizing what he just read.

"Okay class, good afternoon. Settle down." Mr. Do greeted as he entered the laboratory with score sheets on his left had and frogs in a transparent box on the right. They know they'll have dissection practical exam today but they don't know that the specimen is a frog. Most of the girls widen and cringe their faces seeing the frogs and imagining them holding it.

"Okay listen up. The exam is by pair, I assume you already know that and it will be decided by draw lots." Groans and prayers could be heard across the room some are praying to pick a brilliant classmate and some are groaning saying that they don't have luck in this kind of situation.

"Quiet down. I hope all of you studied so that no one will suffer being your partner and since the group of Mr. Na aced the last laboratory experiment they will be the first group to pick their partners. Group 7 please start picking." Mr. Do stated as Jaemin and his members approached the front desk to draw their partners. Jaemin is the first one to pick and grinned after seeing the name 'Lee Donghyuck'.