Good vs. Gangster

By tumblrchilddd

Kim is a junior in college with a perfect relationship, a perfect family, and a perfect life. Sometimes perfe... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
Epilouge

5.

6.8K 299 150
By tumblrchilddd

Kim

I was zoned out as my mom ran her mouth about what her and my dad were arguing about last night. She always came to me when they had a disagreement and I always paid attention, but today wasn't one of those days.

My mind was on Paris. It had been three whole days since he kissed me, and that's all I could think about.

He texted me a few times, but eventually gave up once he noticed I kept reading his messages and not replying. I was simply avoiding him.

He knew I had a boyfriend but decided to completely ignore that fact. It was also confusing as to why he kissed me since he said he wasn't ready for a relationship.

"You listening to me Kim?" My mom said, whipping her head around to look at me.

"I'm sorry, what?" I said before folding my legs under me as I sat on the living room couch.

She rolled her eyes before turning her body towards me. "What's bothering you baby? Your mind is on obviously on something else."

My mom wasn't the type of person to judge people, but I didn't know how she would feel finding out that I went out and kissed another guy. "Well, I went on a friendly date with a guy friend and he kissed me," I said, sighing loudly afterwards.

Her eyes widened and she got closer to me before placing her chin in her hands. "Now Kimberly."

"I know, I know. I didn't know he was going to do that, it just happened."

"Did you kiss him back?" she asked, brows raised.

I didn't reply back to her and she threw her hands in the air. "I'll take that as a yes. Does Lorenzo know about this?"

"Uh, no. Why would I tell him that? He'd probably break up with me."

"I don't think he'd break up with you, but just to be sure I would not tell him. Besides, it's just one little kiss, and I'm sure it didn't mean anything, right?" she raised her brows with a stern look, expecting me to say yes.

Of course it didn't mean anything, I barely knew the guy. "Right. Besides, that's probably the last time I'll talk to him anyway. He was out of line for kissing me when I already told him I had a boyfriend."

"Mhm," she pursed her lips together before brushing back a piece of her hair.

I shook my head before there was a knock at the door. My mom pointed to it before getting up and going into kitchen.

Unfolding my legs from under me, I walked over to the door and looked through the peephole, only to see Milan standing there, rocking back and forth.

I rolled my eyes before, opening it and leaning against the door frame. Once she saw my face she gave me a faint smile before holding her arms out to give me a hug.

I politely declined by turning around and walking back over to the couch, only to hear her heels clanking against the floor boards behind me.

She kissed her teeth as she followed me to the couch. Plopping right down beside me, she put down here Balenciaga bag before giving me a sad look. "Are you mad at me?" she asked, looking directly into my face.

"What do you think?" I asked with a smart attitude.

I was honestly pissed. We hadn't talked for two weeks, and she had the nerve to ask me if I'm mad.

"This is bad. This is my second time apologizing for something stupid that I've done. Kim, listen to me. What I did was not right at all. You're the closest friend that I have, and you don't deserve that type of treatment. You were right, I made myself look like a dumbass for a nigga I like, only for that to backfire on me. I'm sorry, you're my best friend and I love you, let's not let this ruin our friendship," she said, placing her hands on my thighs.

I hated giving in so easily, but I really did miss Milan. She was like my sister that I told everything to, so it was hard not hitting her up when Paris kissed me.

I turned my lips to the side before shrugging. "I forgive you, I guess. But if you ever do something like that again, I will slap you."

"Yayyy, we're friends again!" she clapped childishly before pulling me into a tight hug.

I hugged her back while smiling to myself. I was happy to have my best friend back.

"Okay, now I have some good news," she said excitedly before letting me go.

I gave her a look that signaled for her to continue.

"Paris texted me three days ago and asked me to go on a date with him tonight," she smirked.

The smile on my face completely dropped when those words came out of her mouth. I couldn't even figure out what to say next.

"Why are you looking at me like that? I know we got off to a rough start but apparently he was just playing hard to get," she shrugged.

"Oh, wow. Um, that's great. I'm happy for you," I said, trying to convince myself that I actually was happy for her.

It didn't make any sense. My brain was still trying to process how and why did he ask her out the same day we were riding around together and he kissed me.

"So, where are you guys going?" I asked while rubbing my left arm with my hand as if I was cold. I always did this when I felt uneasy.

"Girl, I don't even know. He said it's a surprise. I'm so excited. If this date goes as good as I want it to, I might give him the business," she winked before lightly chuckling.

I tightened my lips into a line before nodding.

"Well, I have to go get cute. He's picking me up in a little while. I'll text you later and let you know how it went," she said before gathering her things and heading out the door.

Once the door closed I eased up and let my head hit the head rest. My mind was all over the place. It's not like I had feelings for Paris, but I thought it was kind of messed up how he kissed me and now is taking my best friend on a date.

I glanced at my phone on the coffee table before scooping it up and going to my messages. I looked at the last message he sent me last night and sighed.

Paris: hit me up if you wanna talk.

Even though I planned on to continue ignoring him, I suddenly had the urge to text him back.

I pushed that urge to the back of my mind before going into my mom's bedroom. She was just laying there, playing on her phone. "Who was that?" she asked, looking up at me.

"Milan," I said, leaning against the door frame.

"Hm, I can't remember the last time she came here. She could've came in here and spoke," she rolled her eyes.

"I'm pretty sure she would've if she knew you were here."

"It's my house. Where else would I be," she kissed her teeth before digging an outfit from her wardrobe.

"Where are you going?"

"Mall. Put some clothes on, I feel like shopping,"
she cheesed.

I chuckled before making my way down the hall and into my old bedroom. I shuffled through my dresser. Since most of my clothes were at my apartment, I settled on a plain white crop top and some jeans.

I quickly slid that on before brushing my hair into a sleek ponytail.

"You ready?" Mom asked peeking through my door.

I nodded before following her outside the her car.
*********

I watched as my mom stuck tons of the same VS bras that she told me were to expensive into her cart.

I couldn't say anything since I was pretty much doing the same thing.

I turned on my heels only to bump into the same person I'd been avoiding, Paris.

He smiled down at me, making me roll my eyes. I was about to brush past him but he grabbed my wrist.

Glaring at him, I snatched away.

"What is yo problem? Why do you keep reading my messages and not replying?" he asked.

Looking him up and down, I took in his appearance. He never failed to impress me with the way he dressed. Almost every outfit he wore was matched with a pair of either Cartier or Burberry glasses.

"Why are you so concerned if I reply to you or not? You have plenty of other females to keep you entertained. 'I'm not ready for a relationship' my ass," I pointed my finger as I told him off.

He squinted his eyes before getting closer to me. "What you talkin' about?" he asked with a confused tone in his voice.

"Paris don't play games with me. It's really fucked up how you put on this whole show like you don't want a girlfriend, and now you're going on a date. She's my best friend for crying out loud."

He leaned back a little before taking off his glasses so I could see his eyes. "Apparently you know more shit about me than I do cause I'm tryna figure out who the hell I'm supposed to be going on a date with."

"Wait, so you aren't going on a date with Milan?"

"Uh, no. Who told you that?"

I studied his face to see if he was serious only to see that he was. He was dead ass confused. "Milan told me that you asked her on a date and that you were going to surprise her with where y'all are going tonight," I explained.

He grabbed my hand and led me to a corner towards the back of the store. "I swear, I never even talked to yo friend since the day she threw that pillow at you. I'm not interested in her. I don't know what made her come up with that lie."

I shook my head as I tried to figure out why Milan would lie to me about that. Was she trying to make me jealous? Did she feel embarrassed about being rejected by him?

"I'm sorry for yelling at you," I tossed my lips to the side.

"And I'm sorry for kissing you, knowing you got a nigga waiting for you at home. I don't even know what made me do that dumb shit anyway. It made me kind of sad when you ain't text me back," he said, placing his glasses back on his face.

I wouldn't say the kiss was dumb, but it sounded like he thought it was. "You're forgiven. I just needed some time to think, that's all. And sad? Hmm, I thought real niggas didn't get sad," I teased, even though it felt good to know that he felt some type of way about me not texting back.

He swatted his hand before shaking his head and smiling. "Whatever man," he said before taking me by surprise and pulling me into a hug.

The scent of his cologne filled my nose, almost making me faint because of how good it smelled. I wrapped my arms around his torso as we stood in one spot, hugging each other.

"Um, Kimberly," I heard my mom's voice say, making my eyes shoot open.

She was looking at me and Paris with both of her brows raised.

I quickly let go of him, only to hear him chuckle. "Mom, this is Paris," I said awkwardly.

"Yeah, I remember him. Hi, it's nice to see you again."

"How you doing Miss Carmen. You look very beautiful today," he said, reaching out to shake her hand.

A big smile appeared on her face before she shook it. "You are such a gentleman. Kim you need to start bringing him to the house."

I widened my eyes before looking at her like she was crazy. He chuckled before placing his hand in the small of my back and bending down to whisper in my ear.

"I came up in here to buy my sister a birthday gift, but I should get going na. It was nice to see you again Miss Carmen, and I'll talk to you later Kim," he said before winking at me and leaving out of the store.

"That young man is something else," mom said smiling at me.

"And what does that mean?"

"It's something about him that I like. You must like something about him too since y'all ducked off in the corner of the store, hugging each other. Let me guess, he's the one that kissed you huh?" she smirked.

I nodded before she did a little dance.

"Don't get too excited, he doesn't want a girlfriend and I already have Lorenzo. Besides, I told you that kiss doesn't mean anything."

"Sure it doesn't," she said in a sarcastic tone.

"Mama I thought you liked Lo."

"Oh he's alright. Your father is the one that really loves him. Paris just has a little more oomf to him," she said before walking off.

I rolled my eyes before following her.
********

Excuse mistakes and typos

Yours Truly,
PrincessNesh🦋💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 433 22
"dad why don't you leave this politician world, i just hate this stuff".. first day of college.. she walked inside the college, where new story of ev...
250K 4.8K 19
Paris is an 18 year old senior in highschool who lives with her mother who has a drug and alcohol addiction. Paris mother is known around town for se...
1.7K 58 20
When you found out that your husband is cheating on you with your own biological sister, who have a sweet yet cold husband and a two year old daughte...
940K 26.4K 34
21 year old Brittany has been through a tough time in her life. From getting kicked out by her mother to having a baby. But she doesn't regret having...