Soul Fire (GUARDIAN BL)

By narrymukeaf

Zhao have been waiting for Shen Wei to be reincarnated and now that he finally met him once again he would ne... More

Read this first!
Chapter 1. A New Day
Chapter 2. Suspicious Lady?
Chapter 3. Gate of the Soul and the True identity
Chapter 4. The case that leads him to him
Chapter 5. "I don't even sweats"
Chapter 6. "That face.. and round rim glasses"
Chapter 7. ' I want my reward'
Chapter 9. 'A lead to the loss memories'
Chapter 10. "Longing.. Desires"
Chapter 11. "Talks ..Zhao going to Mount KunLun"
Chapter 12 "Mount KunLun.. Misunderstanding.. Shen Wei.."
Chapter 13. "Awkward.. Retrieve what's lost"
Chapter 14. 'The sweetest kiss is after the fight..'
Chapter 15. "Melting from the touch"
Chapter 16: "Would have to wait for hell to freeze over first"
Chapter 17. "Midnight talks ..evil scent"
Chapter 18. "Smile that brings memories back is the hardest smile on the earth"
Chapter 19. "Chamber that shelters him will soon become his grave"
Chapter 20."Life force that flows through every single living being"
Chapter 21. "Hospital talks... revelations"
Chapter 22. 'Just give in.'
Chapter 23. "Sexual tension is real"
Chapter 24. "Sacrificing Shen Wei soul"
Chapter 25. 'Plotting against..'
Chapter 26. "Blurriness of Shen Wei's vision"
Chapter 27. "Possession in Discretion"
Chapter 28. "There is always a price to pay for power"
Chapter 29. "Regret, Guilt and Heartache"
Chapter 30. "An endlessly long past that still stretched ever unending"
Chapter 31. "Heart like flower waiting to bloom, love is the sunshine it needs"
Chapter 32."The Future of Secrets"
Chapter 33. "Everything good has to end"
Chapter 34. "Love is a curse; Hate is a blessing."
Chapter 35. "Little Guo in action"
Chapter 36. "KunLun has returned"
Chapter 37. "Unavoidable Consequence"
Chapter 38. "The God and upcoming god candidate"
Chapter 39. "Pay the price for being powerful"
Chapter 40. "The Last"
Bonus: Chapter 41
Bonus: Chapter 42
Bonus: Chapter 43
Bonus: Chapter 44
Bonus: Chapter 45
Bonus: Chapter 46
Bonus: Chapter 47
Bonus: Chapter 48
Bonus: Chapter 49
Bonus: Chapter 50
Bonus: Chapter 51
Bonus: Chapter 52
Bonus: Chapter 53
Bonus: Chapter 54
New Fanfic
Bonus: Chapter 55
Bonus: Chapter 56
Bonus: Chapter 57
Bonus: Chapter 58
Bonus: Chapter 59
Bonus: Chapter 60
Bonus: Chapter 61
Bonus: Chapter 62
Bonus: Chapter 63
Bonus: Chapter 64
Bonus: Chapter 65
Bonus: Chapter 66
Bonus: Chapter 67
Bonus: Chapter 68
Bonus: Chapter 69
Bonus: Chapter 70
Bonus: Chapter 71
Final Chapter 72
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
Epilogue III
Epilogue IV

Chapter 8. "Memories loss.. but not what the heart wants

6.1K 203 64
By narrymukeaf

Finally a day, like it can't wait to halt the dawn ebbing it's gradual way into daylight. It's daylight, bright, Zhao was passed out sleeping in the couch legs wide open, head resting on a small, soft-square pillow as soft snores leaving out his slightly open mouth.

Some mosquito bites appears on his arms as he going crazy trying to scratch it in his sleep. He was sleeping so peacefully, his face was aglow with peace until his phone was ringing. He slightly tossed and turn as he finds his phone on his pocket struggling.

He slightly opens an eye finally rubbing his tired eyes with the insides of his palms as he forced his eyes open he was immediately blinded by the sudden light. He blinked several times. Zhao have never been much of a morning person.

Waking up was the worst part of every single day, having to get up from under the warm sheets and into the cool morning air was something Zhao dreaded the most. He is always super grumpy even untill after his shower.

He fidgeted with the phone, trying to reject the call from whoever it is but by the time he could do so, Shen Wei had started moving but still deep sleeping. He hurriedly finally rejected the call. Zhao yawns once more as he finally opened his eyes fully awake.

He was sitting fully on the couch in the warm breeze of a September morning. If he'd stayed up all night it would have made no difference to his exhaustion. By the morning, his brain is constantly searching for any sign that he's alright, like his cellphone seeking a signal when he moved through the mountain passes.

He got up slowly and drowsily reluctantly stumbled. There are clothes strewn all over the floor of his chaotic apartment but he choose to ignore and went closer to his bed where Shen Wei was peacefully sleeping.

It took Zhao less than ten seconds to come to conclusion that he forgot about Doctor Cheng last night as he fell asleep and woke up in broad warm daylight without the doctors sign.

He lifted his head up and his eyes were filled with worry, concern, as his eyes landed in the needles sticking out of Shen Wei arms with an IV drip bag attached to it on the left side of the bed.

As soon as he realize he low laughs silently and check his phone. Surely, the one's calling him this early is Doctor Cheng herself yet his morning unmannered rejected the call.

He faced palmed himself and cursing through his breath as he dial Doctor Cheng's number who answered quickly.

"Good morning Chief Zhao." Doctor Cheng greeated Zhao warmly.

"Doctor Cheng, my apologies for rejecting your call I was--" Zhao was cut off when he hears laughing voices over the phone coming from the Doctor.

"No need to explain I understand and I don't mind. Chief Zhao, you look exhausted so I didn't wake you up. It was luck that you forgot to lock your door so I easily sneak in." Doctor Cheng said, a warm sweet smile probably attach to her lips.

"Aa--ha-hah! right I forgot." Zhao awkwardly laughs as he talk slowly.

"By the way the patient is fine before I leave I make sure of it so I wont disappoint you. You seem agitatedly concerned of his well being who is he?" Doctor Cheng asked her voice bore a concerned tone too.

Doctor Cheng use to know Professor Shen before but Zhao decided to erase everyone's memories of the war and those involved in it. Just the scenarios, not the people, people's name. Some people still know Dixing, but most of them not and since Shen Wei is the Lord of Ghost, he erase his identity to those people he been involved with before and that's include Doctor Cheng. But those who get involved with the holy mystical artifacts like Li Qian still remembers everything.

"Aaa.. someones.. dearest to me Doctor Cheng." Zhao said as he smiles and relaxed.

"Well then, I only call this early to inform you but I don't want the next time that it's you is the patient. Don't forget to take care of yourself as always Chief Zhao." Doctor said calmly and soflty. Zhao flustered thank her and tossed his phone to the brown wooden table besides his bed.

He sits on the edge of the bed, his feet planted on the floor. As he stretches he can see Shen Wei's muscles clinging to his white shirt. The same muscles that are a blessing and a curse.

It was such a comfort thoughts to come home to him, to be able to finally relax and get a good night's sleep away from the world. At least, that's what he was telling himself.

A smile creeps onto Zhao's face seeing the face of freedom, his long lost boyfriend, peacefully sleeping. No worries, no fears, no hatred, only peace and bliss. He could stay here all day with him in his bed, for one day have no responsibilities, no superhero titles, just Shen Wei and him relaxing.

Zhao loved to touch him - never in a sexual way, never anywhere other than his face, his hands, his black hair that fell in tousled locks. Shen Wei's warmth would seep into his being and he comforted him without ever opening his mouth. Zhao melt into him like ice-cream on a warm porcelain bowl, like he belonged next to him.

He could hear his own breathing matching the person sleeping next to him. He could smell his partner's musk fused with his own scent linger throughout the be d sending goose bumps and a desire that burned deep in his core.

He get it now only Shen Wei can wound him so deep, cut to the very core. Maybe when two hurt souls come close to each other once again, they heal each other's wounds right?

As romantic people believe in invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break. He smiles. A genuine smile that warmth his heart.

"I never thought having a sick boyfriend could be so stressful. I couldn't help but worry even in my dreams Xiao Wei ah." he left a exaggerated sighed as he low airy laughs.

He grumbles, standing up heading to his closet and pull out his clothes for the day. A pair of navy blue jeans and a white shirt. He grab a matching pair of sock and leave them close to the door as he head down the hall to the bathroom.

After awhile, Zhao finishes brushing his teeth and walked out silently went to the fridge to get a gallon of milk and poured in to his glass. There's moldy foods in the refrigerator.

After the reboot of sleep he is calm. The day stretching ahead with possibilities.

Food splattered all over the microwave in the kitchen. There's even a film of grease around the stove and plenty of dirty dishes sitting in the sink. A thick of layer of dust has built up on all the shelves and old newspapers piled up in the corner. This was a dispissingly chaotic scenery. The smell is not that hard to stand out.

"Aahh..I hate doing household chores.." Zhao muttered as he seen the mess he leave in the kitchenand everywhere.

He hurriedly clean the kitchen sink, counters and stove. Mop the kitchen floor as well. Wash all the dishes and put them where they belong.

He boiled the kettle for the third time that morning, already filled to the brim with tea. He busied himself getting the cups and teabags ready.

After he's done, he stand up straight to grab the glass of milk, until he feel a tail wrap around his ankle with a quick glance cat-form Da Qing was there.

"When did you sneak in fatty cat huh?" as Zhao put down his glass of milk and look at no where.

"Lin Jing always had the answers." Da Qing cat-form said.

"Remind me to compiscate that. What are you doing here?" Zhao asked as he turned around and reach for the frying pan.

"You always let me stay here and now you're asking me why I'm here just because Professor Shen is sleeping so sound over there." cat-form Da Qing gesturing his head towards Shen Wei's unconscious body in the bed.

Zhao kicked the black cat-form Da Qing away from him who ran faster away from him before the feet touches his black fur.

He let out an exaggerated sighed and went back probably make breakfast. He's not the type of person who would make someone's favorite breakfast, and set it all cutely on a tray, decorated with flower petals. But now - he made exemptions.

This was a rare morning when Zhao decided to cook breakfast - usually when he woke up he would head straight to the SIU, skipping breakfast. This was also the first morning all years he felt like himself, the vibrant and happiness.

Zhao enjoy making breakfast by now and maybe he could teach a thing or two about it as he grabbed the spatula and started flipping the pancakes.

"Sorry fatty.. but I got some stuff to do today," he said quick glancing at the black fur cat-form Da Qing below the couch and added.

"I have a reputation to hold up!" Zhao gave a bitter laugh.

"Do you think Professor Shen would eat that?" black cat-form Da Qing said and added.

"But I would like to give it a taste." appreciating the fact that Zhao had gotten up and cooked breakfast to fill his hunger too.

Zhao gave him a scolding glare as Da Qing timidly hide below the couch. Suddenly a gravitational force pulled Da Qing slowly towards the Chief making the least noise possible.

"S-sorry Chief Zhao.. I'm just joking." Zhao started laughing before getting back to work on his pancakes and he let go of the cat but then he changes his mind abruptly grab Da Qing the cat again startling him.

Zhao sat like a cat looking mad then he laughed, "You're so fucking adorable damn fat cat." he said cursing while grinning happily.

Once he had finished making pancakes, he put some sausage in the microwave and some eggs on the stove. As Zhao were cooking, he walked to get some cups for the both of them completely excluding Da Qing. When Zhao grabbed them he picked it up and set it onto the counter.

In this morning light Shen Wei's fingers twitched. He tried to regain the control of his body but he feels like he must be in heaven, it was quiet and peacefull until he hear noises. Maybe dying wasn't the worst thing that could happened to a person.

Then came a new feeling, the feeling of being restrained. No, not restrained, but held down. The feeling was the same as a heavy blanket pressing down on his entire body. His skin was wet, as if it were covered in some liquid.

Finally, he forced his eyes open. He was immediately blinded by the sudden light. Shen Wei blinked several times to get rid of the blurriness. Pain was present, every part of his body felt it. It wasn't a sharp pain, it felt old and in the process of healing.

His memory was blurred, the past a fading dream and nothing to prove if it was real. And then everything came flooding back to him, last night, in the cold laboratory, abandoned laboratory!

Shen Wei's eyes snapped open and he hurriedly sat up alarmed.

Wrong movement! A sudden pain jolted in his head as he placed his palms on his head. Groaning, Shen Wei rubbed his head groggily. He opened his eyes once again. It was daylight. The sun was high up in the sky. He waited for his eyes to adjust with the light and scanned the area.

Letting his eyes roam the room even thought the chances danger are so tiny. His heart starts to beat faster. He wasn't in his room. He wasn't in his bed. He was in a white, creamy room. The sheets were creamy, and they were so warm and cozy!

It was chaos in his head. Where was I? What happened? Why was I here? All these questions were churning inside his head.

He did not know anything and sat there with no hope nothing but confusion to lived with.

Some rays were peeking through the glossy window he was staring out at the scuddling white clouds.

He try to get up but get stopped by a strong numb pain on his left arm where a needles sticking out of his arms with an IV drip bag attached to it on the left side of the bed.

He wasn't panicking though. He felt calm, safe. Weird.

There came a sound at first it was quite indistinct, but as it drew closer it became louder. It was like the scrapping of cat claws on concrete. A movement from beyond the kitchen at the back, inside the kitchen it was formless and indistinct, like a piece of shadow shifting talking to someone.

Suddenly, he could make out the details of the man in the kitchen that once hidden in bludness. He could be twenty eight, but in the harsher brightness of the day he's closer to thirty.

"I was trying to make you breakfast, but I see you're awake." the manly gentle voice startled him.

Zhao walk back into the room where Shen Wei is, holding and setting the tray down on the bedside table, and after a moment Zhao raises his hands, brush Shen Wei's hair out of his face and placed lastly to his forehead checking his temperature.

Shen Wei slightly opens an eye and Zhao smiles at him. His eye was blood red and wild. Shen Wei's heart started pounding. This was the person who rescues him from the laboratory.

They're not friends, not really, but why does he feel probably this person is the closest thing each other as to one?

He was taller than him slightly. Shen Wei gasped as the strange man stared intensely into his eyes. He had never met him before, maybe, yet his grey gaze held an extremely passionate emotion, tinged with desire?

When Zhao is just inches away, Shen stops and just gazes, soaking in the warmth of his eyes. This is what he dream of, just the two of them alone. The questions left is why it feels like this is the first time he dream for the longest span of his life and his first dream is this person in front of him.

Zhao on the other hand hadn't seen him for years and he was struck anew by his good looks. He had been an attractive youth, tall, rather ungainly, with a thatch of black hair still. But now the gangling figure had been smoothed. His hair was still thick with an unruliness the cutting hadn't completely disciplined. It added to the attractiveness. His soft, feather-like black hair brush away from his brow. He was charming and looking smart.

''I can't wait to turn you mine once again.' Zhao thought more to himself with a smile. He got up and asked. "You feeling better now?" Shen Wei's face was full of amazement he even forgot to respond.

"I'm asking you this because I care about you and not because of anything else don't worry." Zhao whispered to him, not wanting to be overheard and offending him.

Shen Wei nod his head while muttering I'm okay repeatedly, eyes locked still onto Zhao. He isn't the least bit familiar. His smile falters a little.

"Who are you?" Shen Wei asked curiously on a monotone voice, Zhao jokingly choked gasp was answered with a husky laugh.

"Sometimes, my love in this life, there are no good moves eh." stubbornly Zhao refused to look into his eyes, to see the cold hazel eyes looking at him.

"N-no! You.. sir, take the w-wrong idea! I was very thankful for your kindness and was just curious. I- I, I don't know.. have we met before?" Shen Wei explained in a gentle tone voice.

Zhao spots innocence and praise himself for his words that's melts Shen, in the form of a beautiful, shy man and now he is obsessed.

"Do I look familiar to you?" Zhao asked with a tight smile on his lips as he take a sit on a space on the edge of a bed close to Shen Wei sitting figure as he takes Shen's reluctant hands closer to his thigh as he stares at him sternly making Shen uncomfortable.

"I- I.. don't know. I'm not sure." Shen Wei responded slowly, head down not looking at Zhao.

"Zhao.." Shen Wei slowly turn his head to Zhao to look at the man's perfect carved face confusingly.

"Zhao YunLan. Chief of the Special Investigation Department. You can call me whatever you want, whatever floats your boat." and this time their locked eyes. An eye full of confusion and curiousity versus an eye full of desires.

Shen Wei on the other hand heard and read on a newspaper of the name Zhao YunLan and Special Investigation Department as from what he knows Chief Zhao YunLan is the unruly leader of the Special Investigation Department charge of case done by Dixing. Investigating bizarre occurrences beyond the comprehension of the living. He never thought he wouldn't meet especially, the leader.

Shen Wei is the first to averted his gaze down to his covered half body under the white thick blanket while Zhao release a low sigh.

"I'm going to pull out the needle." Zhao warned him as he pulled the needled out of his white skinned hands Shen Wei winced from the pain and rubbed his now numb arms.

Zhao grabbed the tray and placed it onto Shen Wei as he grab his. The tray mountains of slightly burned pancakes, a sweet taste noodles, sausages and eggs with a warm water on the side.

"Eat them all, you need it." Zhao commands as he holds his chosptick in between his fingers.

"T-hank you for the food." Shen Wei agitatedly bow his head and stars filling his hunger.

He look down at the foods on his tray. Everything is oily, but he doesn't eat something like this regularly so he is thankful enough. Zhao on the other hand smirking to himself as he glanced his eyes up watching Shen Wei eating the food he serve for him. That man knows exactly what he eat somehow.

"By the way.. you haven't tell me yours." Zhao said while mouthing noodles continuously as his eyes staring at Shen Wei who he finds uncomfortable averting his eyes when he stares at them.

"Ahaa.. my apologies." as Shen Wei bowed his head once and then added, "It's Shen Wei."

And Zhao's mouth falls agaped eyes widened but he shakes them off as to Shen Wei might noticed his shockingly expressions.

"Shen Wei.. nice, nice name." Shen Wei smiles at him and they both continue to eat in silence.

Something smells fishy in here that made Zhao uneasy.

After Zhao finishes his food, he waits for Shen Wei to finish his before taking their plates to the sink. Shen Wei thanks him and watch silently as Zhao does the dishes, his back and yummy arm muscles moving in such a way.

"So Professor Shen, you enjoying stairing at me eh?" Zhao asks casually while looking at Shen Wei over his shoulder with a smirk.

''Uh ohoh, he's getting better at catching me.'' Zhao think as his mind tries to find something to say.

"Huh? Uh.. well you were... " Shen Wei slowly start to trail off towards the end then blush in awkward that makes him clench his covered thighs with blanket.

"You having a problem?" Zhao asked as he rubbed his hands onto his dark navy jeans as Shen Wei shiver like the warm breath caresses his ear. "N-no! Nothing." he squeek as he turn to face Zhao who's a smirk plastered on his face.

"You don't have to be uncomfortable around me. Besides.. we're going to see each other more often in the next few days." Zhao's deep chuckle sends another round of chills down Shen Wei's spine.

"Chief Zhao seemed very smart.. just now you call me Professor Shen." Zhao's heart speeds up and then stop he just realized he just made a big goddam mistake he was about to pull a cover up when Shen Wei continue.

"Special Investigation Department is in charges of the cases made by Dixing right? I have read of it quite a lot of times in the newspaper. I also heard your name as the smart detective and I can't blame them now that I'm experiencing it." Shen Wei paused and then continued with a smile.

"Indeed, I was a Professor at Dragon City University majoring in Science Technology." Shen Wei ended still not averting his gaze from his blanket covered thighs.

Zhao's mind is clouded. He got a lot of information from Shen Wei yet it create a lots of questions instead of answers.

But he set it aside for now. He knows who to ask for help. He then play along even though he was utterly confused.

"How come I passed by that place everyday and I haven't seen your face once?" Zhao pulled his gaze away from Shen Wei but on to Da Qing who heard everything as well.

Shen Wei silenced was somehow comforting and spoke for itself, it was in a way where he could feel at home and know that no matter what was happening he was forever there for him.

"Maybe.. you just passed by and never stayed for long. Besides my off is around 6:30 in the evening maybe that's the reason." Zhao nod in agreement. They sit there for a moment before his eyes wander to Shen Wei's lips again. He takes a sharp breath in and then pull his head away.

Sometimes though, when he had his first kiss, kissing that beautiful girl he tasted something like rotten fruit. Until his lips touches Shen Wei's. He was captivated.

Suddenly, a black fat fur cat-form Da Qing presses his body against Zhao's ankle, while nuzzling his head against his leg.

Zhao pick him up on the bed sat him down and yanked his ear. The black cats hisses.
"Getting your ear pulled hurts huh." Zhao unheartedly said while smirking looking at Da Qing.

"Don't scare the cat." Shen Wei stops him and Da Qing pounces off of Zhao, causing a fight. Da Qing the cat meowed again while Shen Wei placed him on his lap while petting his head letting his ears lay down on his head.

"Eeh.. what was that all about? I guess he doesn't like to be petted..." Zhao said, Da Qing's facial expression changes instantly. He purrs contently, rubbing himself against Shen Wei's body.

"I didn't even know Professor Shen liked cats or had any for that matter." Zhao smile grows larger. He looks at Shen Wei up and down before smirking.

"I always wanted to be a veterinary surgeon, to help sick animals. Likely it's because other people were invariably cruel or cold in some way, or at least that was my perspective." Shen Wei said, slowly, he gently caress under Da Qing's ear, sending the poor cat off to cloud nine.

Zhao could loose himself in Shen Wei's words and depth of his eyes. He could feel at home after so long of dancing around the needs, this feels foreign for him.

"Though you are so warm I feel like I am in the wrong place." when Shen Wei speaks Zhao just looks at him as if the words are still circulating his mind, and not yet allowed to flow outward into the world. Almost femininely sensitive eyes stares at him.

"I ..somehow can't recall anything from my past. I thought somehow you, Chief Zhao know me for so long because at the laboratory as you help me. I feel warmth surrounds you despite of you shivering from the coldness too. Even now.." Shen Wei trailed off as he watches Zhao worn expression.

Shen Wei want to please him, recall something but it just isn't there. It's so odd, everytime he speaks it's like memorizing those students faces in hallways or corridors on a daily basis yet you don't know their names.

After hearing every word he said sounded beautiful that he felt a strong compassion and trust for the speaker, Zhao wanted to go back to how Shen Wei felt before - safe and loved. Yet the memories persisted, dormant until a trigger and then the panic would start, soft at first. His chest would become a little tighter, breathing more difficult .

Time to get jobs done.

🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 13.4K 80
Wei Ying felt too suffocated because of Lan Qiren's pressure. He wants Lan Zhan to get married to another to have an heir, same as for Lan Xichen. We...
21.2K 1K 25
What if a son like his dad in a romantic way not as a son and dad way. My favorite character shen and Zhao yunlan.
15.7K 1.3K 8
Xiao Zhan only set his eyes on Wang Yibo once and he knew he wanted to be with that person. Wang Yibo on the other hand had been hurt and lied to, he...
24.8K 1.5K 8
Xiao Zhan has to come to terms with the fact that Wang YiBo is not in love with him. They have been best friends and that is what they will ever be...