3.1 | Flawless | ✔

By littletroublemaker_

"Losing yourself is the easy part, it's finding yourself again that's hard." *** Hollywood. When you think o... More

Authors Note
1 - A Colorless Painting (part 1)
2 - A Colorless Painting (part 2)
3 - Whitney Winters
4 - The Media Is Going To Have A Field Day
5 - Callum Jerald
6 - The Mystery Car
7 - I'm Fabulous
8 - Shocked Is An Understatement
9 - Hannah Banana
10 - Attacking Students Probably Isn't The Best Idea
11 - You're The One That I Want
12 - The Long Awaited Meeting
13 - Pitching A Tent In Lalaland
14 - Time To Put My Acting Hat On
15 - Forgiving But Not Forgetting
16 - Kiss and Kill
17 - A Classic Art Room Confrontation
18 - Giving Them A Show
19 - Freud and Me
20 - Angry Hannah
21 - The Slap
22 - I Hate Her
23 - Girl Troubles
24 - To The Rescue
25 - We Are Family
26 - Discovering The Truth
27 - What Could Have Been
28 - Were You On America's Next Top Model?
29 - Be Brave
30 - Mario Kart
Epilogue
Thank you!!!
Trivia
Bonus Chapter - Jason

31 - From Anastasia Claire To Whitney Winters

6.4K 219 23
By littletroublemaker_

Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - Wham!

31 - From Anastasia Claire To Whitney Winters

Word count: 1574

  "I love those who can smile in trouble..."

- Leonardo da Vinci 

***

"Hi, Findlay!" I shout, smiling at him as I enter the cafe. Findlay's head shoots up at my voice and a wide, bright smile forms on his face.

"Well well, if it isn't my favorite actress." He greets.

I roll my eyes and chuckle. "I'm the only actress you know."

He scoffs. "Please, we have Hollywood superstars stopping in here all of the time."

"Yeah, me." I retort. "Can I have my usual drink please?"

After handing my money to him, he begins making my drink.

"So Whitney, why are you back here again?" He asks me whilst waiting for the machine to work.

"Oh you know," I start, tapping my fingers on the table. "I was bored so I thought I'd take a two-hour drive up here to see your smiling face."

Findlay shakes his head in disbelief. "This is the fifth time you've been here. Don't you have revision to do? Finals is coming soon right?"

At the mention of finals, my whole body slumps. All I have been doing recently is revising for my exams. The worst part is, I am terrible at revising. I get distracted so easily.

"Ugh, yeah I do," I reply. "But I revise whilst driving up here." At my answer, Findlay gives me a confused and slightly worried look. It takes me a few seconds to realize he thinks I revise whilst driving. Which I kind of do. "I made voice recordings of the things I have to learn so I play it whilst driving. It embeds into my head." It's a good resource to use. You do begin to learn the things like you learn songs.

"Sweet," he says. "I wish I came up with something like that when I was at school." It turns out Findlay is a year older than me. After finishing high school last year, he went on a trip around America to 'find himself'. Somehow, he ended up in this small town and got a job in this cafe. He's trying to figure himself out whilst working here to pay the rent. Or at least, that's what he's told me. "So what are your plans for this summer? Now that you're working on your next film."

It's almost weird to think I'm not going to be in another film - for a while at least. The whole ordeal with Lulu happened five weeks ago and since then, I have felt amazing. Without her on my back, I feel so relaxed and at ease - well the best I can feel with the thought of exams lingering in the back of my head.

Callum returned to school a few weeks ago. At first, it was awkward interacting with him but after hanging out together in the library one evening, everything between us is friendly. Sometimes, when we end up standing too close together or gaze into each other's eyes, we end up bursting into fits of laughter.

Jason called me for the first time since he left last week. Our call lasted for five hours whilst we caught up with each other's lives. He's working on a new film and apparently, there's this 'super hot chick' who hates him. His words, not mine. But for real, she's caught his eye and possibly...his heart.

And finally, Brock and Hannah made up! It was a relief not just to Brock but to the entire group that they started talking to each other again like they used to. Lunchtimes were beginning to get unbearable...

And me? I've been enjoying life with Casey, Alan and my parents. Speaking of Casey and Alan, last night I set the two of them up on a date. Poor Casey hasn't had a boyfriend since her first year in college and Alan is too intimidating for most girls. Plus, I there was a lot of sexual tension between them. I hope it works out for them.

"I'm not sure Findlay. I don't have that much planned. I'm guessing most of my time will be spent with my family and friends. You?" I tell him, realizing I had zoned out for a too long.

Findlay shrugs his shoulders and pours out my drink. "I was planning to go on another road trip with my friend but he bailed on me so now, I'm not sure." He sighs. The look of utter sadness on his face breaks my heart.

I may not know Findlay very well but I from our short times together, I know that he's an incredible person. He's always smiling, saying something stupid and making me laugh. The guy, in my opinion, is amazing.

So when I ask him this question, spontaneously, I don't regret it. It may be a long shot that he accepts but I know, that asking him wasn't a mistake.

"How about I go with you?"

His whole body freezes for a second. And then his whole face lights up with joy. The biggest smile ever stretches onto his face, his eyes practically glowing with happiness.

"Are you being serious right now?" He questions.

I nod my head, biting my lip. "I'm 100% certain."

"Are you sure though?" He asks. "We barely know each other and you said you wanted to spend time with your family."

"I may not know you very well but I trust you. I want to go on an adventure." I tell him, softly. "My family isn't going anywhere, I'll be able to see them when I get back."

Findlay comes around from behind the counter to the public area and gives me a massive bear hug. His arms wrap tightly around my waist as he gives me a bone-crushing, thankful hug. I start to giggle when he lifts me off of my feet and repeats "thank you" over and over.

"This is the best day ever. Thank you so much, Whitney," Findlay utters, grinning ear to ear. His joy is infectious I tell you because I can't stop smiling either, feeling so happy. I've always wanted to go on a road trip but I've never really made a move to actually plan or go on one.

"You're welcome," I reply. "This is going to be so much fun!" I add, earning a chuckle from him.

***

"You're actually going to go on a road trip after graduation?" Hannah asks me on Monday, as we stroll through the halls of school.

I nod and smile excitedly. After Findlay calmed down, he started to tell me his plans on where to go and what to do. Then, I went home and told everybody else. My parents were a bit reluctant to let me go at first but they relented when my brother reminded them I'm eighteen and old enough to make my own decisions. Casey was ecstatic for me and Alan cracked a smile.

I couldn't tell if he was happy for me or because he got laid...just kidding.

"That's so adventurous. I swear, they should make a film about your life." She gushes. "Oh my god! They should so make a film about you! It could be called Anastasia Claire to Whitney Winters. Or does that sound more like a documentary? Does it matter? Aren't they basically the same thing right? Why is this so con--"

"Hannah!" I cut her off from her rambling.

"Thanks," she breathes, letting oxygen fill her lungs again. After she's recovered, Hannah continues on a different path. "So what are your plans after this road trip? Are you going to find another agency?"

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. I haven't applied to any colleges so I won't be going there and I don't know if I want to go back to acting yet. I'm still deciding.

"Not sure? That's fine you know, I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I'm thinking of taking a gap year with Brock but my parents are fully against it." She says, her voice tinged with sadness and longing.

I stop and move to stand directly in front of her; awkwardly usher us to the side so we aren't in the way.

"Hannah, don't let your parents stop you from doing whatever you want to do. You hear me? This is your life, not theirs. If you and Brock want to take a gap year--do it. Don't stop. I learned a long time ago that life is too short to regret." I advise, getting flashbacks about all of the things I regret.

Hannah gives me a small smile. "Sure."

She's afraid of her parents and the future. I understand. It's frightening, not knowing what's going to happen. But that's a big part of life. And as scary as it is, it's also thrilling.

And I live for thrills.

{A/N: Hello! I'm not entirely sure on this chapter. I knew what I wanted to incorporate in it but I don't think I did it very well. How did you find it?

Guys! I have the saddest news ever. The next chapter will be the final chapter - the epilogue. Yikes!!! I can clearly remember when I started this book, back in April. I remember sitting in the library and being like, 'I can't be bothered to do sociology revision so I'm going to start a new book instead'. And wahoo, we're here. One chapter away from the end.

As happy as I am to be able to say I finished writing another book, I'm so sad. I loved writing this. I'm going to miss it.

Anyways, I'll see you soon! Bye for now! }

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 125 46
Orion Bauwens: Pale. Black-clad. Smoker. Misanthrope. Delinquent. Foul-mouthed. Troubled teen. Musical genius? Jake never expected to befriend anyone...
332K 9.9K 123
Accused of an assault he doesn't remember, Ricky's senior year is made doubly complicated when he falls for the victim's best friend, Olivia - his on...
182K 6K 39
"What do you mean I have to live in New York?!" "Honey, your grandma is very sick and we have to fly out to Canada to take care of her, but we don't...
HONESTLY By Sunny Birch

General Fiction

891 2 26
Nicky Peters sets out on an emotional roller coaster when she creates a melody from an old high school journal entry which develops into her debut so...