The S Mafia

By sentimaxo

"Your hands are scarred from murder and yet I trust them completely." Sequel to The Girl who Fought to Provi... More

All Rights Reserved.
DISCLAIMER.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 12

44.1K 1.6K 684
By sentimaxo

My writing isn't always so obvious, be twisted and think about it.
_____

"Get back on the road with Beau." I handed Beau over to Zion and kissed her cheek. She had already fell asleep, she always did when she burrowed her head into the crook of my neck, my faint perfume always seemed to calm or put her to sleep.

Once the front door clicked shut, it was like a switch and Carter boomed throughout the house. "Everyone get the fuck out!"

The room only contained adults and a handful of teenagers who looked around my age, they all stood and ran for the door behind me.

"What's going on?" May asked, as she passed me.

"GET OUT!" Carter repeated and she obeyed in fright.

"You're fucking staying Quinn." He continued to yell at the man who called me by my real name.

Versana.

Quinn, he was mentioned in the notebook. My fathers notebook. It didn't say much about him, just that I could trust him.

"Start talking Quinn before I slit your throat." Carter said too calmly for my liking.

"I knew everything. I was the only one your father remained to trust here." Quinn stared between me and Carter, his stare lingered on me longer. "Versana should know, she has the book." He watched me as I made my way over to Carter.

"I let Carter read it before I burnt it." I confessed.

"That's not what your father instructed but I'd trust Carter too." Quinn gave me a pointed look.

I was meant to burn the book after I read it but I decided not to and kept it until I showed Carter earlier today. There wasn't much in the book besides instructions meant for Versana and a letter addressed to Ava. I remember the letter word for word, it was the one thing I never showed Carter.

"Forget everything you think you know about your parents and your Grandfathers." Quinn said seriously.

I raised a questioning brow but nodded for him to continue.

"Your parents were never disowned, it was a cover story." Quinn started pacing back and forth. "Both of your Grandfathers were going to loose their titles, they had too much heat on them from the Feds and their enemies."

"It was true though, both Vice and Fane hated each other, and so did Hayze and Maya. Until they fought each other at the fight club you first encountered with the Monrovians, The Pit. They started fighting each other more and-"

"We get that they fall in love, get on with the fucking story." Carter snapped.

Wrong time to laugh. I scolded myself as a laugh bubbled from my chest at Carters comment. "Too lovey dovey for you older brother?" I teased, patting his cheek softly.

The side of his mouth twitched as he slapped my hand away.

"Yes they fell for each other and both fathers didn't approve. Hayze didn't care what Vice had to say and the same went for Maya with Fane. Hayze and Maya were their fathers biggest assets, Hayze being smart in every aspect of the family business and Maya being her families assassin. I'm sure to you Versana, your mother didn't seem like the type." Quinn focused on me. "Anyway, everyone knew Hayze and Maya were their families golden members so Hayze came up with a plan for both families to get themselves out of the shit their fathers had gotten themselves in."

"Feds were all over your father and Maya, because thats who the Feds wanted the most and the same went for Vice and Fane's enemies. Those two were the ones who threatened everything, if those two were taken out then so were the families. The Versana Cartel and The Monrovian Mafia." He began to pace. "At this point the Monrovian's weren't based in America yet, they were in Romania and the Versana's of course were here in Mexico. Hayze put a plan together and the news spread like wildfire, 'Hayze Versana and Maya Monrovian disowned by their families'. Only the six's of us knew the truth."

"That's when Kota came in. Hayze saved him from being assassinated by Vice years before, and Kota owed a debt so he went with Hayze and Maya. Kota use to work for the Feds, he was a computer geek and had connections all over the world but always remained loyal to your father. Kota hacked into the system and wiped the three of them clean but it only caused them more trouble with the Feds. Every agent and every squad that was sent in to eliminate Hayze and Maya were sent back dead. Every High profile Fed that was put onto the case showed up dead the next day. That's how good of a team they were." Quinn stared between me and Carter. "While they were living in America and killing off the feds, things in Romania and Mexico were easing off of the families. By the time your mother fell pregnant with you, they had fallen under the radar and somehow Kota managed to wipe their cases off of the charts world wide, no evidence against them, no nothing."

"It was that easy?" I asked, there's no way it would of been that easy for a case that big to be dismissed.

"They had nothing to go off of. Feds still to this day have no clue what Hayze Versana and Maya Monrovian actually look like. They were going off of false sketches they had gotten from people they had taken into custody. The only solid thing they had were their names. You'll find that there's only two photos of Hayze, which are the ones hanging in the entrance of this house. Fane has none of his daughter." He answered. "If you were smart, you wouldn't talk about someone to the Feds in this business because you're dead before you even open your mouth. So no one ever did. The Feds weren't sending their men directly for Hayze and Maya but they made it look like the Feds were so the heat stayed off of the families."

I processed everything I knew so far, smart was an understatement. I tried searching Quinns body language and expressions for any sign of lies but came back empty handed.

"Even with the Feds off of the families, their enemies were still coming for Vice and Fane so Hayze and Maya arranged to meet with their fathers. That's when the deal was made." Quinn paced again.

"What fucking deal!" Carter yelled, wanting for Quinn to hurry up and explain.

"If Hayze and Maya got rid of the families threats for Vice and Fane then Hayze and Maya's first born would rightfully take over both families and lead no matter what." Quinn's attention once again focused on me. "Deals like this are always shook by blood, I was there as witness." He pulled a small recording device out from his pocket and pressed the little red button on the side of it.

'Take care of my threats and your first born will have all rights to the title when they become of age.' Fanes voice sounded first from the device.

'Take care of mine son and your first born will have the rights to take my title when they become of age.' Vices was next.

And then in unison, both my parents said 'Deal.' And the recording ended.

My eyes watered at the sound of their voices, my fathers voice being strong and smooth and my mothers comforting and confident.

"If you look inside of Vices palm there's a scar there in a shape of an H and your father had the same on his left in the shape of an V, and the same went for Maya and Fane."

"Your father started fighting professionally. He was on the front of news papers, on TV and so forth. He was promoting himself, basically telling people to come for him, and they did. One by one, your father took out all of Vices and Fanes enemies." Quinn continued to pace. "He only left a handful of people alive, which were Carters investigators but every time they went back to Carter without Hayze, they were dead before they even opened their mouth to tell him anything." Quinn shook his head at Carter. "Your father told them to tell you, he knew about you but you never let them live long enough to do that."

"Then you should have." Cater got up and landed heavy punches to Quinn's jaw. "Get up!"

"Carter." I sighed heavily. "He's trying to tell us things." I helped Quinn up.

This man is going to be dead before he even finishes explaining. I thought, giving Carter a warning look.

"I wasn't to open my mouth about anything, that's how I kept your fathers trust. When Maya fell pregnant and had you, she rang Fane and told him, he wasn't accepting because she was 'disowned' but because you turned out to be a girl so he shut her out. Vice never knew about you at all because Hayze wanted to wait until you got older since after you Maya couldn't have any more kids."

I stared at him clear of any emotion, he hasn't mentioned Grayson yet but I wasn't going to bring Grayson up so I stayed quiet. Carter remained quiet also, clenching and unclenching his fist to calm himself. He stared at Quinn with a death stare as if he was killing Quinn repeatedly in his head.

"I kept in contact with your father over the years that passed, he told me all about you Versana. By the age of 6 you started showing interest in fighting so Hayze started teaching you the basics and from then on he was teaching you everything he knew and even started learning new fighting styles for you. Your mother was the one who was teaching you problem solving and everything about the body, like pressure points and so on." He sat across from me and Carter. "By the age of 12 you were trained just as good as your parents."

Memories rushed in, all the training and all the homework my mother made me do started making perfect sense.

"My real name, Why is it Vices but reversed?" I questioned, in the notebook it didn't give a reason it just stated that my real name is Versana Vice.

"Since birth your name has always been Versana Vice. It was just something to warn your grandfather to never deny you as the family heir since Fane had denied you as his. When they made the deal, it was never specified if the heir had to be male or female, your Grandfathers just assumed it would be a boy."

"Why did they give me a different name then?" I questioned.

"Just to keep you safe for the time being. You had two profiles within the system, now it's just one by the name Versana Vice. The name Ava Catia Vice was wiped, there's no one registered by that name anymore. Thank Kota for that." He smiled sadly.

"Why didn't you or Kota come for me once they died? What I thought was our grandmother kicked me out." My voice raised. "Where were you!"

"I didn't know your parents passed until Kota got in contact with me, your parents trusted Kota so I did. Kota said he was going to ease you into it all." He held his hands up in surrender. "Your parents obviously taught you well if you knew how to survive without them. Kota planned it and introduced you to fighting underground. He knew you'd fight your way up into the high ranks and be recognized by the Monrovian's. Since then it's all unfolded and now you're here."

Carter leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees with a look of menace playing across his face. His quietness scared me more then his yelling ever did so I prepared myself to have to jump up and stop him from beating Quinn to a bloody mess.

"Your parents were going to explain everything to you once you turned of age but they never made it." He stared hard at the space in front of him. "They wanted you to grow up outside of the life they did, that's why they stayed in America. You were their only weakness Versana."

"Are you purposely trying to leave out Grayson? Or are you that fucking stupid?" Carter growled.

"VERSANA IS HAYZE AND MAYA'S ONLY CHILD!." Quinn stood. "GRAYSON ISN'T HER REAL BROTHER!"

"WHAT?" Carter and I stood in unison.

"Grayson belongs to Maya's sister, she wouldn't have remembered because she was also a baby when he arrived." Quinn got out before Carter knocked him unconscious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 1.1K 44
Book 2 Siempre. Always. That's how I thought it would be. That's how I thought we would be. But we weren't, because she was gone even before our sto...
1.3M 33.9K 29
"P-please. I'll be good. Please don't hurt me." I begged him, wrapping my arms around myself, as though that would keep me from completely falling ap...
11.9K 697 29
numbing the pain for awhile will only make it worse, so she kept doing it. -#2 in urban series senses failed ©️kalisz
390K 16.4K 26
She didn't reply and I felt her finger move across my skin, lower, and almost all the way down my lower back. A shiver coursed through my body, stran...