The Secrets Within Saga: The...

By kimono_0

Vampires, werewolves, fairies, and mermaids were just mere creatures in books and myths that few believed in... More

1.Monster Within
2.Life In My Eyes
3.Whole New World
4.Parasova
5.The Shell Fountain
6.Human Death, Human Life
8.Mysterious Hands
9.Class Rebel
10.Apology Not Accepted
11.Who Am I Really
12.A Danger To Us All
13.The President's Daughter
14.Unbelievable Powers
15.One With The Moon
16.The Cursed Child
17.Curse No More
18. Stranger in the Snow
19.Gods Among Us
20.The New Sorcer
21.Battle Field
22.Choosing A Side?

7.Welcome Home

233 9 0
By kimono_0

When I arrived at the new house, a smile spreaded across my face. It was bigger than my old one but not too big either. It was located in NymphTale Forest in the Dimension Gloovę.

I opened the door and smelled cookies being baked. When I found the kitchen, I approached Nora quietly and poked her. She screamed and turned around quickly.

"Verlaya, you scared me."she said. All I could to was laugh.

"Your face. Oh god I can't breath." I said laughing.

She took a rag and started playfully hitting me with it. When she stopped, she returned to stirring the batter.

"So, can I have a cookie now." She made a motion with her hand and the bowl of cookies floated to me. "I thought we weren't suppose to use magic in the house."I said with a smirk on my face.

"Well we now live in a place where it's normal to use magic."

I looked around and noticed it was quite. "Where's the kids? "

"They're with one of my friends, helping her make spider silk dresses. I don't think I've ever heard the house so quite." I started to cough from choking on the cookie.

"Ver are you ok?"She said running over to me.

"I'm fine I'm just shocked that you have a friend." She sat down next to me and started eating cookies with me.

"Please. I've known these women for years."

"Wait, you have more than one friend. Damn."

She chuckled softly. "Thank god the council chose a place where nymphs live."

I was reluctant to ask, but I couldn't help myself. "Nora are you mad that I got caught."

She placed both hands on either side of my face and looked into my eyes. "How could I be mad. This is where you belong. It was destined to happen."she said.

"If I belong here, why didn't you tell me this place even existed." I shook my face out of her grasp. She turned her face away from me and sighed.

"Your fatherdidn't want you to know about this place. I don't know why but there must've been a good reason." Nora must've seen the sadness in my face because she arose from her seat and gave me a hug. Anytime we talked about dad, I would get a little emotional. "Baby girl he is a star in the sky and the reason you shine so bright. He is the...."

"spotlight that shines down me."I said finishing her sentence. She gave me a big smile and kissed me on the forehead. "Do you think he's alive?"

" I don't know but he'll find you. Now go. Your stuff is already in your room so go get what you need."

"I have my own room?" I said in astonishment.

"Well no, you share it with Xandri. It's the first door on the right" I gave her a kiss on the cheek and ran up stairs as quickly as I could. I opened the door and saw two beds. I already knew which one was mine because Xandri's bed had pink sheets and she LOVED pink. Mine had white and black sheets. I sat down on my bed and looked around the room. The walls were bare but knew when school was over Xandri would decorate it. I looked in my closet and got all the clothes I wanted to bring back to school with me . Just as I was about to leave, I saw a picture of dad, my sisters, my brother and I on my sister's bedside table. I picked it up and all I could think about was how great our lives were. I put it in the bag and held back tears.

I walked down the steps and saw that Nora was still baking. "Why are you baking so much."I asked curiously.

"I work in one of friend's bakeries but I do the baking here. Oh and before you leave, here." She ran over to me and handed me a wallet.

"A wallet?"

"Look inside." she said enthusiastically. I opened it and found money inside and a transparent credit card. "It's for just in case you want to buy something , I'll be sending you and your sister money every 2 weeks."

"Thanks Nora." I said as I gave her a hug .

"Your welcome sweetie. And if you ever feel like coming home, the portals at your school are always open on weekends." she said as I walked out the door and smiled at her. I just knew our lives would be great here.

~~~~~~~~~°°°°°°••••••~~~~~~

When I arrived back at school, I headed straight for my dorm room.

"Hello? Nalia?" I looked around but wasn't there.

"She must be hanging out with her friends." I thought to myself. I took the clothes out of the bag and started putting them away, when I stumbled across the picture I picked up. All I could do was stare at it. I saw how happy we were. I didn't realize it, but I was crying.

"Verlaya? Are ok?"said Nalia as she walked in the room. I sniffled a little before I answered.

"Yea, it's nothing." As I sat the picture down on my bedside table, Nalia walked over to me. "Is that your family? "

"It was my family. My dad went missing when I was 10." Nalia wrapped her arms around me and pulled me close. "I'm so sorry."

"It's ok I live with my foster mom now so yea."

"I know what can cheer you up. The Kandi dorm is having a party at the lake. You should come."she said cheerfully.

"I don't know. I'm not really in the mood to be around people."

Nalia gave me a pouty face. "Pweaty pwease." She said in a baby voice.

Too tired to argue with her, I rolled my eyes at her and sighed. "Fine, but I'm not gonna like it."

"Sure you won't. Ok sit I wanna do your hair and I'll give you a dress to wear." I sat in her chair in front of her vanity and watched as she brushed my hair. My hair was actually really long. So long it almost reached my hips. "Your hair is really long. Have you ever cut it?"she asked.

"I actually cut it into a bob 2 weeks ago." She stopped brushing my hair. I looked at her reflection in the mirror and she looked shocked.

"It took you 2 weeks for you hair to get this long? The only creatures who's hair can grow this long and that fast are......mermaids."

"Well The Council said that I'm part mermaid and nymph but I don't believe that crap."

She gently pulled my hair back so she could style it . "Can you sing? "

"Of course I can."I sang. "What's that have to do with anything? " I said normally.

She continued styling my hair as she spoke. "Well mermaids have the most beautiful voices in the Dimensions and you have a beautiful voice. And not only that, mermaids usually have blue, green or what ever color oceans are as their eye color. "

I thought about what Nalia said. Ever since I was little I had an obsession with water and mermaids and not only that my eyes were blue. Maybe it was true.

"Done." I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair had been pulled back into a high ponytail with two long curled bangs one on each side of my face. "I look. I look..."

"Gorgeous. Um Verlaya your hair's turning burgundy."

I closed my eyes and concentrated on my emotions. "Is it still burgundy?"I asked with my eyes shut.

"No. Your a kaelitic too?" She said as she threw a dress to me.

"A kae-what?"I asked.

"It's when a creature's hair and eyes change color for certain emotions." She stated.

"Oh. That's why that happens." I put on the dress she gave me and it was a bit tight. "Is it supposed to look like this? "

Nalia gave me a wide-eyed look. "Yea it's a dress that can stretch and fit any size. It's suppose to show your curves."

I looked at myself in the mirror and the thigh-high dress made my curves stand out. "You know what, keep it. It looks fabulous on you."She said from inside her closet.

"Thanks." I was still looking at myself in the mirror when she came and stood next to me.

"Finished." She stood right next to me and started making funny faces in the mirror. She took a picture of us with her phone.

"Your done? Already?"I said as I gave her a confused look.

"Well when put makeup and magic together, this is the result." She walked across the room and opened the balcony door and motioned me to follow. Her wings suddenly appeared. I took her hand and once again, we were flying above the school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118 26 13
This story revolves around Venessa and her school friends ~ Venessa was a vampire, disguised as a human , who used to study in school , she was sent...
31 10 7
***THIS IS A NOVELLA & PART OF A TRILOGY (in progress) ***** Book 1 of the Evergreen Trilogy. A Vacation. A Group of Friends. A Mystery. Isabel's sum...
35.8K 2.1K 38
𝓕𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝔂 𝓓𝓸𝓮𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝓔𝓷𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝓑𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓭 Morgan is sent to live with her grandmother at a college in the middle of nowhere. Forced from the...
13.7M 571K 40
This book is FREE with paid BONUS chapters! Everyone knows mermaids and vampires can't date. But when a mermaid ends up at a boarding school with a s...