The Baby Project. C.H. (A.U.)

By Foreverattached

"This is no ordinary thing, our love." -SEQUEL TO THE BOYFRIEND PROJECT.- More

The Baby Project.
One // Home.
Two // Unexpected Surprises.
Three // Reunions.
Four // Intoxicated.
Five // Old and New.
Six // Truth.
Seven // Unanswered.
Eight // Christmas Eve.
Nine // Home Truths.
Ten // Heart to Heart.
Eleven // Positive.
Twelve // New Life
Thirteen // Reflect.
Fourteen // Luck.
Fifteen // Secrets.
Important.
Sixteen // Grudges.
Seventeen // Reality.
Eighteen // Bliss.
Nineteen // Decsions.
Twenty // Starting over.
Twenty One // Paint.
Twenty Two // Revelations.
Twenty Three // Ache.
Twenty Four // Struggle.
Twenty Five // Engagement.
Twenty Six // A little bit of normal.
Twenty Seven // Dangerous Territory.
Twenty Eight // Break Down.
Twenty Nine // Reunited.
Thirty // Better late than never.
Thirty One // Toothy Grins.
Thirty Two // Ours.
Official Playlist (Plus More!)
Thirty Three // Confession.
Thirty-Four // Communication.
Thirty Five // Breakups.
Thirty Six // Family Dinners.
Thirty Seven // Connected.
Who's who.
Thirty Eight // Ghosts.
Thirty Nine // Homecoming.
Forty // Taking Sides.
Announcement!
Forty One // Youth.
25/09/16
Forty Two // Making Plans.
Forty Three // Meetings.
Forty Four // Reveals.
Forty Five // Gifts.
-Let me know-
Forty Six // Birthdays.
Forty Seven // Details.
Forty Eight // Bachelorette. (Genie)
Forty Eight // Bachelor. (Calum)
Forty Nine // Before we say I do.
Fifty // I Do (Genie)
Fifty // I Do (Calum)
Fifty One // Honeymoon.
Fifty Two // Birdie.
Fifty Three // Rapture.
Fifty Four // Family Blowout.
Fifty Five // Apple Seed.
Important authors note!
Fifty Six // Across the world and back.
Fifty Seven // Dirty Laundry.
Fifty Eight // First Birthdays.
Fifty Nine // Pleasure.
Sixty // Mended.
Sixty One // Bubble.
Update on updates.
Sixty Three // Olive Branches.
Sixty four // Chocolate Chip.

Sixty Two // Baby Blues.

2K 42 30
By Foreverattached

-Two Weeks Later-

"Hey Michael, what's going on?" It wasn't exactly unusual for Michael or the others to drop in surprisingly but it had been a very long time since Michael had made any unscheduled visits. "And what are you eating? It smells like feet," I scrunch my nose up at the foil package in Michael's hand, the aroma hitting me hard and not in the good way. My morning sickness had settled down considerable over the last couple weeks and I was so beyond grateful for that, I did still have those moments of sickness though, I just hoped that whatever I had just gotten a whiff would not make me puke my guts out in front of Michael.  

"It's a burrito and it smells and tastes delicious," Michael says in a matter of fact tone. "Anywy, Do you and Calum have any plans for tomorrow afternoon?" Michael asks and I shake my head at him in response. "Awesome, I want you guys to come over okay?"

"Uh sure, any particular reason?" I  can't help but ask and watch as Michael's face changes almost instantly. "Mikey what's going on?" I press, the knot in the pit of my stomach telling me that there was something wrong.

"I don't really know how to explain it Genie, all I know is that Aria is struggling," Michael admits.

"Is she okay?" I ask, concern lacing my tone. I had spoken to her over the phone a few days ago and she seemed completely normal.

"I mean she is okay but she just doesn't want to leave the house and I'm starting to worry," Michael let's out a sigh. "I know Aria can be kind of quiet but in all the time I've known her, she's never been one to isolate herself."

"Do you think it's to do with Birdie? Maybe she's just worried about her catching something?"

"I guess Birdie probably has something to do with it but we've taken her out and Aria has been normal, it's just over the last week or so where she's been acting differently. I know I am most likely overreacting but I can't help but be concerned you know?"

"So do you want me to talk to her when we come over?" I wonder and Michael shrugs.

"I don't know, just talk to her and see what you think and if the opportunity presents itself than sure, you can talk but what I really want tomorrow to be about is just a nice, relaxing evening with our closest friends. Since Aria doesn't want to go out, I figured it could help if I bring people to her you know?"

"That's really sweet Michael," I say with a smile, proud of the husband that Michael was.

"I thought so," Michael replies before he narrows his eyes at me, making me feel self-conscious. Did I have something on my face?

"What?" A smirk finds it's way on to his lips before he shakes his head at me.

"Nothing," Michael unwraps his burrito and takes a bite, his eyes remaining on me as he does so. As much as I loved him, he could be a little strange at times.

"How far along are you?" Michael all of a sudden asks and I'm completely stumped.

"What?"

"It's pretty obvious that your sense of smell is heightened, Aria mentioned that you were really sick like a week ago and well..." Michael pauses, his eyes dropping to my chest. "You're way past puberty so that's not the reason your boobs are bigger,"

"First of all, how would you know if my boobs were bigger or not?" This was most definitely not a conversation that I ever thought I would be having with Michael. I was surprised Michael had even noticed because it had only been over the last couple of days that my chest had all of a sudden begin to change, And I wasn't even the one to notice but Calum sure as hell had and he was too happy about it.

What was it with boys and boobs?

"Are you serious?" Michael sniggers, "Not to sound weird or creepy but when we dated I spent a lot of time staring at your....goods," Michael laughs and I can't help but roll my eyes at him.

"Some things never change huh?"

"Never," Michael smirks at me. "And to be fair I have just watched my wife go through all the normal pregnancy changes, I feel like I have a super radar on at the moment."

"I'm not that far along yet," I admit and watch Michael's face light up with pure happiness. "Hence why no one else knows yet."

"Understandable G," Michael gives me a warm smile. "I'm really happy for you and Cal, you two are really going to be the best parents."

"Thank you," A deep breath falls from my lips as I begin to feel my eyes fill with tears, I don't know why I was so emotional right now or I did but I just didn't what it was about this moment that was making feel like crying.

"Hey? Don't cry," Michael comforts Me, wrapping me in a tight hug almost instantly. "I can't imagine how hard it must be doing this over again after what happened last time." Michael pulls away and looks down at Me, a sad smile on his face. "Shows how strong you and Cal are."

"It is hard but Cal and I want this more than anything, we didn't want our fear to stop us from what will probably be the best thing to happen to us."

"I can tell you from experience that it really is, as soon as I layed eyes on Birdie, my world was better," Michael cutely says and it makes me smile.

"I'm sure you won't but can you just keep this to yourself? We just really want to wait until I get to twelve weeks before we tell anybody,"

"Course," Michael nods. "I'll even break my number rule and keep something from my wife, just for you and Cal," Michael winks and a part of me feels so bad that I'm asking him to keep something from Aria but I'm sure she will understand when she finds out.

"Thank you Michael, I promise it won't be for too long okay?"

"Don't sweat it Genie, seriously."

"So do we need to bring anything tomorrow?" I ask and Michael thinks for a minute before shaking his head.

"I've got it all covered," Michael confidently answers. "Where is Cal? Still at work?"

"Yeah, he should be home sometime soon," My eyes flicker to the clock on the wall, it was just on six now and that meant Calum shouldn't be too far away.

"I need to get back to my girls but tell Cal I said hi and I'll catch up with him tomorrow okay?"

"Sure,"

"And congratulations," Michael smiles at me before giving me another hug. "See you tomorrow G,"

"Bye Michael."

The rest of the evening seems to go by slowly as I begin to prepare dinner. I was going to go simple tonight and make a chicken salad.

A yawn falls from my lips and I can't help but suddenly feel overtired, I definitely planned on having an early night tonight, sleep seeming like one of the best things in the world right now.

The sound of Walker running pass me before a series of barks follow seconds after tells me that Calum was now home.

"Hi sweet boy," The sound of Calum greeting Walker makes me smile, God he was cute. "G?" Calum calls as I hear him shut the front door.

"Kitchen,"

"Hi," Calum smiles happily at me as he enters the kitchen and approaches me. I was standing at bench, the chopping board in front of me. I had started chopping up everything for the salad and was almost done, the cucumber and cheese being the only two ingredients that I needed to add.

"Hi," A bright smile finds it's way to my lips. "How are you?" Calum presses a sweet peck to my lips before wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"I'm good," Calum replies. "Better now, how are you?"

"Same old." I focus back on the chopping board in front of me and begin slicing the cucumber.

"How are you feeling today?" Calum asks, his hand moving down to rest on my stomach.

"Pretty normal actually, I'm pleased to say that it's been a vomit free day," Calum chuckles at my response, his breath feeling hot against the back of my ear.

"Hopefully you're over the worst of it now," 

"Hopefully," I agree. I really wanted the rest of this pregnancy to be relatively easy, at least when it came to the nausea and vomiting side of things. The first trimester was generally the worst when it came to the sickness side of things and I definitely could not wait for that to pass. "So Michael kind of knows I'm pregnant,"

"Huh?" Calum mutters, his chin resting on my left shoulder.  I was sure that Calum wouldn't be too upset about Michael knowing our news, After all he was the one who wanted to tell the whole world right now.

"Well he stopped by today and he pretty much guessed that I was and I didn't want to lie to his face you know?"

"He guessed?" Calum sounds almost surprised.

"He said something about having a super pregnancy radar at the moment and he said about how he knows I was sick recently," I explain. "He also noticed the whole bigger boob thing," 

"Excuse me?" I can't help but giggle at Calum. I knew he would have something to say about that. I place the knife back on the chopping board and turn in my spot so I can look at him.

"And why exactly was he staring at your chest?" Calum raises his eyebrows in confusion.

"He said something about how he spent a lot of time staring at 'my goods' when we dated so I guess that means he would notice a change? I don't know," I laugh and Calum shakes his head. "So yeah he knows but he promised he won't tell anyone, even Aria."

"Okay,"

"He's really happy for us," I say and Calum smiles.

"Of course he is," Calum replies before chewing on his bottom lip. "So if I tell you something will you promise to not be mad?"

"Well that depends on what it is?"

"I kind of maybe told Michael that we were trying again," Calum admits.

"Okay," I wasn't angry at his admission, I mean I knew how excited Calum was when we started trying again and I also knew how close he was with his friends, I'm honestly surprised that he didn't tell Ashton and Luke too.

"I mean I didn't exactly tell him, he guessed but yeah he knew,"

"It doesn't really matter now," I smile. "We're actually going over to his and Arias tomorrow, he invited us for a barbecue."

"Fun," Calum nods and I wonder if I should tell him what's going on with Aria. Michael didn't say I couldn't but then I kind of felt weird telling Calum when I didn't really know what was going on with her. "Is Luke going?" Calum randomly asks.

"I assume so, why?"

"Just curious," Calum shrugs.

"I think everyone is going," I say. "There's one other thing,"

"What?"

"There's something going on with Aria and Michael is kind of worried about her," I felt weird not telling him what I knew and I figured it wouldn't hurt if he knew, Michael would most probably fill him in anyway.

"Is she okay? What's wrong?" The instant concern warms my heart. Calum was probably the most caring person I had ever met, when it came to his friends and family he just had so much love and I adored that about him.

"I don't really know, he just said it seems like she's isolating herself and doesn't really know what to think or do."

"Oh," A concerned frown spreads across his face and I can tell he's already trying to figure out what he can do to help.

"Michael figured that if Aria didn't want to go to friends then he could bring friends to her,"

"Smart man," Calum praises and I now in agreement. "So I'm pretty hungry," Calum casually mentions a minute or so later.

"Dinner is like twenty minutes away, I just need to cook the chicken and then toss it in the salad." I'm about to turn back around and get back in to it but Calum catches my waist and turns me right back to him.

"I'm not talking about food, Genie."

"Oh," The look of hunger in his eyes was now so clear and it made my stomach swirl in the best possible way.

"Oh," Calum mimics me, a smirk finding it's way on to his lips as he brings his hands up to cup my cheeks, his lips on mine seconds after.

His kiss was deep, his tongue meeting my own instantly, making me melt on the spot.

I guess we would be having dinner later.

<~>

"Babe are you almost ready?" Calum says walking back in to the bedroom. "Wow," He stops in his tracks, his eyes looking me up and down. I was currently standing in front of the mirror in a red and white striped bikini, I had been debating for like the last ten minutes on if I should wear it or not.

"I don't know if I should go swimming or not," I admit and Calum raises his eyebrows at me. "And why not?"

"I feel like my body is already changing and I don't want anyone to find out just yet," I explain and watch Calum bite down on his bottom lip as if he's trying to stop himself from laughing. "It's not funny,"

"I know," Calum smiles, "You're just crazy," he says as he walks over to me, his hands finding there way to my waist.

"Gee thanks," I reply sarcastically.

"Genie you look perfect okay? No one is going to be able to tell that you're pregnant if you wear a bikini and go swimming, In fact they will probably think it's weird if you don't go swimming, it's hot as balls outside."

"Maybe I am going crazy," I laugh and Calum smiles at me cutely. "You can't blame me though Cal, I mean Michael figure it out by basically looking at me,"

"Yeah and I'll be sure to talk to him about eyeing up my wife," Calum says seriously which makes me snort in pure  amusement. "Hey, he shouldn't be taking any notice of your breasts."

"Uh huh," I roll my eyes at him playfully and smirks at me as his eyes drop down my chest. "He clearly needs to be reminded that you're all mine,"

"I'm sure his wife would disagree with that," I joke, Calum meets my eyes once again, nothing but warmth coming through. He seemed to be back to his normal self now which was a relief. I still wasn't quite sure why he had been acting weird lately and may never know but I was just glad that everything was back to normal.

Calum seems to eye me once again before letting an annoyed groan as he takes a step back.

"What's your problem?"

"You," Calum shrugs and I quip an eyebrow at him. What was that suppose to mean? "Just seeing you in that makes me want to just stay home and have you all to myself,"

"Sucks to be you then," I smirk at him and he jokingly narrows his eyes at me. I would gladly admit that I loved the fact that even now Calum still found me so desirable, because I felt the exact same way about him. I don't know what it was about him but it was as if I would never ever really get enough of him.

He drove me crazy and he knew it.

"It really does," Calum pouts and it's now my turn to narrow my eyes at him, he knew how weak that damn pout made me.

"Okay stop," I demand and he smirks. "I'm going to chuck on a dress and then we are leaving because we are good friends," I say and he nods at me. "Michael wants us to be on time and so we're going to be on time."

"Ok but I just want to remind you that you're the one who's practically walking around half naked, you can't blame me for being tempted."

"Like you need an excuse to be tempted," I scoff and Calum gives me an innocent smile.

"I don't know what you're talking about wifey,"

"Sure you don't."

Twenty minutes later, Calum and I were pulling up to Michael and Aria's, and we were right on time.

"So does Michael want you to talk to Aria about whatever is going on with her?" Calum asks as we get out of the car.

"If the opportunity presents itself then yeah but I think he just wants her to have some time with her friends, no pressure you know?"

"Right," Calum nods. When we reach the front door, he goes right in and I follow after him.

"So we don't knock now?" Michael laughs, appearing from out of nowhere.

"That's rich coming from you," Calum says and Michael gives him a cheeky grin. "Besides, you knew we were coming."

"True," Michael says before wrapping Calum in a hug. "I just wanna say congrats man, I'm really happy for the both of you."

"Thank you," Calum beams at his friend and it seriously makes my heart flutter.

"Speaking of babies," I say getting their attention. "Where's Birdie?"

"Aria's just feeding her and then she'll be out,"

"Not to make things awkward or anything but how's she doing? Genie mentioned your worried?" Calum asks out of pure concern and see the look on Michael's face change.

"Honestly, it's hard to say," Michael admits. "She's very up and down at the moment and I really don't know what to think."

"You still haven't spoken to her about it?" I ask and Michael shakes his head, letting out a defeated sigh.

"I've tried but I don't want to push," Michael says and I feel bad for him. There was nothing worse than feeling helpless when it came to the person you loved.

A part of me was thinking that means Aria had some form of postpartum depression but I didn't want to make any assumptions until I had spoken to her. I just hoped that whatever was going, Aria would be okay in the end.

"We'll figure it out Mikey," I reassure him and he gives me a ghost of a smile.

A knock on the front door interrupts us and Michael instantly goes to open the door. "At least you knock," Michael says before turning back to look at Calum and I.

"Ha," Calum says dryly.

"Oh it's nice to see you too Michael and we're great, thanks for asking." We hear Ashton say and I'm instantly excited to see the two of them and of course little Alyx.

Regardless of what was going on with Aria,I knew today was going to be great for us all. There was nothing like having a catch up with your friends.

<~>

"I swear to god if any of you get my hair wet, I'll kill you." Sam warns the boys as she joins us in the pool.

An hour had passed so far and everything seemed normal. I had briefly spoken to Aria and she seemed maybe a little quieter than normal but otherwise she seemed okay. I still wanted to have a talk with her about what may be going on but I wasn't so sure that today would be the right time to do that.

As usual the weather was beautiful today and in turn it was super hot out, making me so glad that I did indeed bring my bikini.

"So we can make you wet in other ways?" Luke smirks and Sam rolls her eyes at him. Everyone apart from Aria and Emma was currently in the pool, even Claudia and Elijah who seemed extremely happy.

As a friend it was so great to finally see Claudia as happy as she was. She had struggle for a long time to get to where she currently was and I was just so happy for her. Everyone deserved their own little piece of happiness and I think Elijah was hers.

"Have you always been so lame?" Michael splashes water at Luke, who instantly splashes him back.

"Guys! Calm it down," Ashton huffs at his two friends. "If Alyx gets splashed she'll lose it," Ashton was currently holding Alyx while walking around the pool, so far Alyx looked like she was having lots of fun, it was a truly adorable sight.

"Okay Okay, sorry." Michael says and moves away from Luke, moving closer to where Calum and I were.

"Is it just me that feels weird seeing Claudia and Elijah together when Luke is like in the same vicinity?" Michael quietly mentions to us so no one else can hear.

"I guess," Calum shrugs. I didn't really find it weird because Claudia and Luke seemed fine with it.

"It seems strangely normal," I say looking over at Luke who was now talking to Sam while shamelessly stealing glances at her cleavage, while Claudia and Elijah were talking with Ashton.

"No it's weird," Michael states. "Anyway I think it's time to have some food," Calum and I don't say anything as Michael excuses himself from the pool and makes his way in to the house. 

"Food does sounds good," Calum says thoughtfully. 

"You're always hungry." 

"So are you," Calum teases as he pulls me over to him, "I know that's partly my fault though,"

"It most definitely is." I can't help but grin at that reminder of the baby. I was taking it day by day obviously but I did at times find myself feeling so fill of excitement about the baby and the fact that, hopefully soon, Calum and I would  have a little person in our family.

"You know, I'm actually really glad that Michael put this together today. It's nice to have some time to relax with everyone," Calum admits looking around at all of our friends.

"It really is," I agree, "I really need to eat though, otherwise today will take a turn for the worse," I joke and Calum looks beyond amused.

"Right, time to eat."

Half an hour passes and I find myself sitting with all the girls after everyone had finished eating. It was that time of the day where it starting to wind down and it was to be just debriefing with girls while laying in the sun.

The boys had separated from us and I assumed they were doing exactly what we were, the only difference is that they were all inside.

"So I may have a little announcement and I'm sure you are all going to be very annoyingly happy for me," Claudia says looking around at the four of us, instantly getting our full attention. "Elijah and I are moving in together," 

"Seriously? Claudia that's great," Sam says excitedly. I'll admit that as much as I wanted to be excited for Claudia in this moment, I just wasn't. I thought Elijah was a great guy but I did think that Claudia had sacrificed a lot for their relationship and him. 

"That's a really big step for you two! I'm really proud of how far you've come," Emma says and Claudia thanks her. The amount of pride we all felt for Claudia and how far she had come with relationships and commitment was huge, I mean there was once a time where we thought Claudia would never let herself settle down but yeah her she was doing just that, I just hoped she didn't regret it. 

"So he's going to get residency here?" Aria questions and Claudia nods. 

"He's already started the process, he did a little while a go actually," Claudia reveals and Aria looks surprised. 

"Well if you're happy then I'm happy for you," Aria replies and the atmosphere instantly turns awkward. By the tone of Aria's voice, it most definitely did not sound like she was happy for Claudia. 

"What is that suppose to mean?" Claudia demands and Aria looks around at us all before a small sigh leaves her lips. 

"I guess I just don't think you should be settling down the guy who made you change your mind about having kids," 

"Is that what you really think?" Claudia looks beyond pissed off right now and I can't help but feel myself sink in to my chair. This was not at all how I thought this conversation was going to go. "Well you couldn't be more wrong Aria, In fact I would think that since we're friends and you know me so well you would know that nobody would be able to change my mind about something so serious." 

"So it was just a coincidence that Elijah didn't want kids either?" Aria asks and I watch Claudia's face drop, she looked as if she was ready to burst in to tears. 

"No," Claudia shakes her head. "I'll admit that I went back and fourth with the whole baby thing after my miscarriage but ultimately I decided that I couldn't ever go through the possibility of putting myself through that pain again." 

"Claudia, I don't think she meant to-" Emma begins but Claudia is quick to shut her down. "Don't Emma, Don't try and defend her because we all know she's saying exactly what she thinks, which is fine but just know that what you think is completely wrong." 

"Fine, sorry," Aria apologizes but it's not exactly heartfelt. I was shocked to see her acting this way, she was usually so understanding. Michael was right when he said there was something going on. 

"I really don't get it, you all went on and on to me about putting myself out there to find a great guy and now that I have and I'm happy, you can't even be supportive? That's bullshit." 

"We've always been supportive of you and Elijah, that's not very fair." Emma says and she's right. I mean apart from this moment right here, we've all been incredibly supportive when it came to Elijah and her. 

"Maybe you and Sam," Claudia replies, her eyes meeting mine. "Did you think that I didn't notice you not say anything when I just shared my news?" 

"I am happy for you Claudia, I'm just worried too." I say softly and Claudia frowns at me. "It wasn't too long ago that you said you weren't ready to move in with him-" 

"Well I'm ready now." Claudia cuts me off. "I seriously can't believe this," Claudia instantly stands from her seat. "When you're ready to be happy for me and  supportive of my relationship then let me know, otherwise I don't want to speak to any of you," She says coldy before yelling for Elijah, He looks very confused when he comes back outside but then sees the look on Claudia's face and that's all it takes for the two of them making a very quick exit. 

"What the hell just happened?" Michael asks with a dumbfounded expression.

Now that was a good question.

A/N: Helllllo lovelies! I'm still very much alive and I still very much intend on finishing The Baby Project.
I'm sorry it's taken such a long time to get an update out for you all. The only excuse I have is that life is just so busy but I'm going to try my best to get back in regular updates!

Hope you enjoy the chapter! Thank you for your patience and still supporting me, even though I'm so terrible with my updates at the moment. It means more than you'll ever know. I hope life is treating you all so well xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

954K 36.1K 86
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
632K 38.8K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

112K 2.6K 41
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
113K 5.7K 54
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...