Songbird (BNHA x reader)

By fangirldreams101

(Y/n) is new to U.A High School. She has a quirk but keeps it under wraps due to her wanting to prove that ev... More

A/N and Key
Character Background
Chapter 1- Meeting Broccoli-Boy
Chapter 3- Foreign Student Entrance Exam
Chapter 4- The Test of Knowledge
Chapter 5- The Battle of Robots
Chapter 6- The Battle of Robots II
Topic of Love Interests (A/N)
Chapter 7- Body Assessment
Chapter 8- Body Assessment II
Chapter 9- Quirkless Fights
Chapter 10- Students vs. Students
Chapter 11- Rejection or Acceptance?
Chapter 12- First, er, Second Day?

Chapter 2- Home Sweet Home

7.8K 256 663
By fangirldreams101

After a long flight, you finally landed back in America. The flight attendants and pilots began their goodbye speech and you woke up from a very uncomfortable slumber. You had been stuck in the worst seat, the dreaded middle seat. On your right was a greasy and smelly old man and to your left was a young mother with her fairly young baby in her lap. Even worse, the old guy had periodically let out the worst farts and his snoring scared the baby, who in turn woke up the entire plane with their crying. Then, when the mother would try crying the baby down, they would start throwing a tantrum which resulted in your hair getting pulled out. Your neck pillow was about as cozy as a rock so at this point, you were ready to jump out the window and kiss the ground. When the 'thank you for flying with us and we hope you enjoy your stay in America' part was done, you practically dove over greasy-guy's lap and bolted out of that plane. As soon as you were out, you breathed in the highly populated air happily. Anything was better than farts.

Figuring out the flight's baggage claim, you started heading over to the section. Like a good person, you waited BEHIND the yellow line unlike the some people who crowded the baggage claim thing. You saw your luggage heading your way and through multiple 'excuse me's and 'sorry!'s. You were extremely grateful to your parents' advice on how you should brightly decorate your bag so it will stand out from the rest.

You received everything that you brought with you and began heading towards the train. Once exiting, you went in and managed to find a seat. The train filled up rather quickly, and as an elderly woman came on board, you gave her your seat.

"Thank you," she said happily, "Not many people give up their seats to people like me nowadays."

"It's quite alright, ma'am," you said politely.

Although, you had wanted to go on your phone she began talking to you about her life and you listened intently. It turns out, she had come from Japan as well and was actually a pro-hero!

"Really? You're a hero! That's amazing!" you said.

"Yup! My hero name is Recovery Girl!" she responded with just as much glee.

"Cool! I'm actually trying out for a spot in the heroics class in Japan's top school so I can become an international hero!" You said happily.

"You're aiming for U.A? That's a very difficult school to go into. Do you believe you can do it?" She questioned.

"I never thought it was a matter of believing, I think it's a matter of trust. You have to trust in your self and your power to succeed." You said and Ms. Recovery Girl smiled at the answer.

You two continued to talk aimlessly, it turned out that she was visiting some old friends. However, just as you were about to tell her about your quirk, the train arrived at your stop and it was time to go.

"Thank you for the wonderful conversation! I hope the next time we meet, I'll have the honor of fighting by your side!" You waved to the old woman, who waved back with a grin.

When you left the train, she thought, We'll be meeting sooner than you know.

You had left quite the impression on Recovery Girl with your kind heart, ideals and manners. She was definitely going to put in a few words for you here and there.

Meanwhile, you were exiting out of the train station when,

"(Y/n)!!!!!" a familiar male's voice rang out in the air before you felt yourself get glomped.

"Ugh. Hello to you too, Jackson." You mumbled before hugging him back.

"Jackson?!?! Oh how you wound me!" Your best friend cried out dramatically.

Samuel Jackson, age 15, had been your best friend since childhood. Everyone called him Sam except for his mom and occasionally, you.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's good to see you, dude." You said before you both did your secret handshake.

You fist pumped, shook your hands, hopped around, bobbed your heads and sang like the Three Stooges. In other words, you got some pretty weirded out looks from passerby.

"Man it's been too long. Who was supposed to help me redecorate my room?" Sam complained while you two began walking towards your house.

"You know we would've started a paint war. And it's been a week, Sam."

"True that."

"Sam, where's my parents?" You questioned abruptly.

He shuffled side to side, "Parents? What parents? You have parents?"

You sweatdropped, "Have I ever mentioned what a terrible liar you are?"

"No hablo ingles."

"Boi."

"And we are here! Wow!" Quickly, he shot webs out of his wrists and blindfolded you.

"Oh my god! Ew! What the hell?!?!" You tried taking off the gooey substance but it stuck like glue.

"Hehe. I see you're in a bit of a sticky situation."

"Stop being a rip-off Spiderman for crying out loud!"

Believe it or not, Sam had the powers of Spider-man. Actually, it was quite common in America for people to develop the powers of the superheroes in the old comics. Scientists couldn't figure it out but assumed that it became such an important part of our culture that it quite literally engraved itself into our DNA. Like Beyoncé.

Whatever the case, Marvel and DC were having field days and to ensure they wouldn't be forgotten, started sponsering "their" heroes, so long as the person donned the costume, and had the powers of a certain hero. In the case of your best friend, Sam wears the Spiderman costume and gets about hundred dollars a month for it. America had a Justice League, S.H.I.E.L.D, Teen Hero Alliance, Avengers program, the Fantastic Four etc. Etc. It was pretty cool going down the street and seeing your childhood heroes come to life.

You were part of the Teen Hero Alliance where you had a worker's permit and license stating you can fight crime. The government believed that so long as you were helping stop the villians, you could fight no matter the age. So there were really no law consequences to stopping evil even if you didn't a license.

And don't worry, those without special genetic abilities (instead of quirks, America called powers S.G.A.s) were not forgotten. They had a union and the same rights as anyone else. Some of your best heroes didn't have powers, like Batman, Iron Man, Wildcat, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Black Widow, etc. Batman and Iron Man were just as smart as their fictional counterparts but the playboy-ness was toned down by a lot.

Anyway, Sam had been guiding you subtly back to your house and had been trying not to snicker whenever you tripped.

You were walking and Sam said, "Three steps forward then turn right."

You accidently took two steps and when you turned-

*CLANG*

"OW HOLY SHIT."

You ran face first into a street lamp.

"Sam wipe that stupid grin off your face right now."

"What?!?! I wasn't doing anything!"

"Stop laughing god damnit!"

"How can you even seen me?"

"I know you, that's how!"

Finally, Sam lead you to your home, and practically shoved you inside while simultaneously ripping off your blindfold.

"AHHH!" You wailed in agony, as your eyes and eyebrows felt as if they had just been waxed.

"SURPRISE!" Your parents, Sam, and some of your middle school friends yelled out.

You blinked in surprise, still mentally cursing Sam out for the waxing trick. Everyone swarmed you with 'welcome back's, and 'we missed you's and stuff like that. Although it was very sweet, and you loved presents and cake and all of the typical Welcome Home stuff, you thought it was a little overboard for being gone for only one week. What's going to happen when you come back for summer break? Are they going to invite the whole city to celebrate?

"Oh wow! This is amazing! Thank you guys so much!" You said flashing a smile to the crowd.

After multiple greetings you finally found your way to your parents who greeted you happily.

They engulfed you in a huge hug which you enjoyed until your sibling came up to you and kicked you in the leg.

"OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!" You yelled, clinging unto your shin.

"For leaving," they responded, "Now give me a hug!"

You two embraced each other and finally you were allowed to eat cake and open presents. Sam tried dunking your head into the frosting but at the last second, you moved and even his 'Spidey-sense' didn't catch the fact that his face landed straighr into the cake. That or maybe the Spiderman  6th sense thought cake wasn't really harmful to Sam in any way.

The day finished and the guests finally left. You and your mom picked up while your dad reheated some left over spaghetti for you (yes you were still hungry).

"So how were your cousins?" your mom asked while taking down some streamers.

"Just as crazy as ever," you said while stuffing the balloons into a bag.

"Well, you're going to have to get used to them since you're going to be living with them when you get into on the the highschools."

"If, I get in."

She hit me on the head with a nearby broom, "Be positive, you will get in."

"Speaking of getting in, what school are you thinking about applying for?" your dad asked as he came in with a plate of heaven in his arms.

You dove for the plate and said, "U.A."

"What do initials stand for," you dad asked.

"Are they a good school?" your mom said at the same time.

"I think the Japanese version is actually Yuuei High School, and since they're the top school in Japan, I hope they'll be good."

"Top school, huh? Does that mean you need help training?" Your dad asked, beginning to help your mom pick up while you ate.

"Not really. I mean, I'll still train but I think I'm already at an advantage with the fact that we're allowed to use our quirks here, you know?"

"Yeah, but still, I'll help you get ready." Your dad finalized.

"I'll help with registration!" Your mother added in.

"Okay, sounds good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 8.1K 32
γ€Žπ—§π—΅π—² π—½π—²π—Ώπ—³π—²π—°π˜ π—Ήπ—Όπ˜ƒπ—² π˜€π˜π—Όπ—Ώπ˜†...』 Her quirk changed everything the minute it appeared. "You will alway be a villain." "I know. That's...
1.1K 66 4
"Your existence in itself is a stain on our family." For as long as she could remember, Erumi grew up hearing those words. As an illegitimate daught...
5K 317 36
How can someone so fragile, be so strong? Β°β˜†Β°β˜†Β°β˜†Β°β˜†Β°β˜†Β°β˜†Β°β˜†Β°β˜†Β° Disclaimer: This book will mention adult themes such as racial slurs, sexual assault/abus...
21.9K 971 23
"π•Šπ•žπ•šπ•π•–. 𝕀π•₯ π•ƒπ• π• π•œπ•€ 𝔹𝕖π•₯π•₯𝕖𝕣 π•†π•Ÿ 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...