Midnight Cigarettes ; The Out...

Af poisonousmalfoy

He pulled out a cigarette and lit it. "Sodapop Curtis, but you can call me Soda" he answered. "Sodapop?" I ch... Mere

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
Epiloge
Authors Note
Revamp

11.

10.4K 151 329
Af poisonousmalfoy

Elliot's P.O.V

I woke up pretty easily the next morning, in time for school but I really didn't feel like going.

I pushed the blankets off of me and sat up, looking over to the window that had sunlight pouring through the cracks of the curtain.

I pushed myself to the side of my bed and the floor was cold as always.

I pushed myself off the bed and looked over to the dresser to see the muddy jacket on top of it. I smiled to myself, remembering last night.

Ugh if Dallas found out i don't know how he would react. Soda was a real good friend of his so I don't think he would mind too much since he knows him.

I realized how I probably looked just standing there thinking so I decided to go over to my dresser and pick out some some spandex and a white t-shirt.

All of my wardrobe consisted of plain t-shirts, jeans, a few pairs of shorts, and a couple jackets. I personally didn't need much clothes. Which was a good thing because we never had the money to get much clothes.

I picked up my hair brush and brushed through my still damp hair from the shower I took last night. Don't worry, it was strictly by myself.

My hair was really thick and wavy so it was such a hassle for it to dry.

I set down my hair brush on the dresser and picked up Soda's jacket and a few other pieces of clothes.

I opened the door without dropping the clothes and walked out, dropping the clothes in the 'laundry room'. I walked out to where everyone was.

"Hey Pony, Darry, and Soda I'm doin some loads of dirty clothes if you got some that need washing I'll put em in for ya" I said and walked over to the kitchen.

"So you not goin today?" Pony asked.

"Nah, I don't really feel like dealing with all that school stuff" I said, hoisting myself up onto counter across from Steve and Soda.

"Alright, you still up for the movies tonight" Ponyboy asked

"Yeah,  I'll still go with ya Pony you don't gotta worry about that" I answered.

I reached back and took a banana from the fruit bowl that stayed on the counter. I unpeeled the top part easily, taking a bite of it.

"Pony, Johnny guess who's walkin you two to school" Two-Bit grinned.

"How longs it been since you been to school?" Johnny asked.

"Not long enough" Two-Bit laughed

I laughed "typical Two-Bit"

Soda turned around, leaning against the counter and one arm leaning against my leg.

I took another bit of the banana and chewed and swallowed it.

"Pony, before you go make sure you got all your dirty clothes out if you want me to wash em" I said, taking another bite.

"Yes ma'am" he mocked me.

I swallowed the bite I took and laughed "I'm tryna help around here Pony, I'm living her just as much as you and Soda are".

Pony got up and walked to his room, collecting some of his clothes.

I turned to Soda and Steve "working today?" I asked softly.

Soda looked up at me and smiled "yeah, but I've got tomorrow off".

I smiled and nodded "you know if you're up for it, there's a bar in town near the movies. I don't drink and I know you don't, but they play live music — and I have yet to see you dance as much as I've heard you like to"

"You sure are a busy girl" he grinned "alright, tell you what let's do it" he turned to Steve "hey bud Elliot and I are gonna go to a bar tomorrow night for the music, You and Evie wanna tagalong?" He asked.

Steve looked between Soda and I "is this a new thing?" He grinned.

I shrugged "Soda's my new favorite person, that's all I gotta say" I said, pressing my lips together.

"Yeah alright, I'll ask Evie if she's up for that" he answered and laughed at my remark.

"Oh, bye guys" I waved as Pony, Johnny, and Two-Bit walked out the door and on their way to school.

"Well shoot" I said beginning to think about school.

"What's up?" Soda asked, picking his blue button-up off the couch and putting it on.

"I told Cole I would see him today" I winced.

"Eh, he's better off not knowing what happened yesterday" Soda smirked, seeing everyone had left to go to where they needed.
He walked back over to me, standing at the counter, between my legs.

"Oh shush" I giggled, pushing him back lightly.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up, setting me down in front of him.
He leaned down and reached behind me, grabbing a paper bag.

"Almost forgot my lunch" he said, turning around and walking over to Steve who was waiting at the door.

"Tease" I rolled my eyes playfully "have a good day" I said to both of them as they walked out the door on their way to work.

I walked down the hall and to the laundry room to see a pile of clothes big enough to do about three loads with.

Boys will be boys.

I got the old, beat up washer machine ready for the clothes and put in the detergent and put as much clothes in as I could. And once I was done I was right, there was enough for two other loads.

~*~

Pony, Johnny, and Two-But walked into the Curtis's house right as I got done folding all the clothes.

Now I'm the kinda girl who believes women can do anything men can do, so please don't think I'm one of those girls who thinks she should do all the cooking and cleaning.

And I'm glad the boys don't treat me that way, I know these guys can be rough around girls, but not with me unless their joking around.

"Hey guys, Pony that's your clothes right there" I said and pointed to one of the piles.

"Thanks Elliot" he said, picking up his pile and taking it to his room.

"Let's leave around 5 How Bout that?" I asked Ponyboy.

"Yeah, that's fine I've got some homework to finish anyways" he answered.

"Alright" I said and got up, walking to the fridge and opening it, grabbing a water bottle, and closing it back.

"Hey Two-Bit, how've ya been?" I asked "any new blondies?"

Two-Bit has a thing for blondes. I didn't understand why, although I was a blonde I had always loved people with brown hair.

"Been pretty good, ah you know me too well" he grinned "what about you — you been settlin in well these past few weeks? Got your eye on anyone?"

"Yeah, I've been real good. I like Tulsa a lot, I'm actually glad my parents sent me here" I laughed a bit at the last part and shrugged "I don't know ... there is one person"

"Is it that guy that came to pick you up?" Two-Bit asked

I shook my head "no, no it's someone different" I smiled to myself.

"Well, you be careful those boys are troubleeeeee" he said, stretching out trouble and laughing.

I chuckled "yes, yes they are" I said

~*~

"Ponyboy are you ready?" I yelled a bit, picking up the now washed Jacket that Soda gave me and putting it on, zipping it up.

Pony walked out of his room, with his hands in his pockets "Yeah I'm ready".

I walked over to the door and waited for Pony to get up to me before opening it and walking out with him behind me.

"Thanks for goin with me, last time I went by myself Darry had a fit" he said as I opened the gate to the house and we made our way down to the movies.

"Of course Pony, you can always ask me to go with you. I know Soda kinda gets bored with them and Darry's always workin and all, but you and I both love movies so it works out" I nodded over to him.

"Soda couldn't sit still at a movie to save his life" Ponyboy grinned.

I chuckled "Soda's really missin out".

"Soda just likes things that doesn't have to do with sittin down" Pony nodded.

"SodaPop's a good real good guy, I like being around him he makes everything fun. I feel like I don't know Darry very well, he's always workin so hard" I said, looking down at the ground.

Pony shrugged "Sometimes I think I'm just someone for him to yell at. He hasn't yelled much since you been around"

"Pony, Darry loves ya he does and I know it. He's just got more responsibility now"

"Yeah, that's what SodaPop says"

We finally pulled up to the movies and walked up to the ticket window.

"Two for Hud" I said to the person at the window.

"One-thirty eight"

I paid for the tickets and the person handed me the two I bought.

I handed one over to Pony and took one for myself. We walked inside and gave the people inside our tickets and walked into the theater area.

                                       ~*~

Pony had talked about Paul Newman before, that's why I picked out Hud.

We walked out of the movies and it was already dark.

"How'd you like the movie ponyboy? I knew you liked Paul Newman so I figured I would pick somethin with him in it" I said, looking over to him.

"Yeah it was real good" he said, smiling.

"Yeah it was pretty good" I smiled

We made our way out of the town area and onto the dirt road we always took.

Right behind us we heard a car. When we turned around it was a red mustang. Mustangs were never a good thing.

"Ponyboy, we might have to run I don't have a blade on me" I said and turned to him "lets pick up the pace a little"

We started walking faster, hoping we wouldn't get caught by them. But that didn't help much because the car quickly pulled out in front of us.

Pony and I began to back up but soon enough the socs has us surrounded.

"Not you assholes again" I sneered.

I looked down at their hands to see most of them were holding flasks.

"Their drunk" Pony whispered.

"Well, well, well who do we have here?" Bob said. I'm surprised I even remembered his name.

I looked around for something I could use to at least scare them off. I spotted a beer bottle out of the corner of my eye, right next to the fence.

I quickly ran over and picked it up, smashing it on one of the poles of the fence.

Thank god Two-Bit taught me that.

They all laughed a bit.

"Keep her down" Bob said, nodding to some of the guys.

"Don't you touch me" I said, but of course they ignored me. One of them grabbed me by my waist, holding my arms back and causing me to drop the shattered bottle.

I tried to lift up my leg to kick him but it was no use.

"Ponyboy just run!!" I yelled to him but he ignored me.

Some of the guys tackled him and some began to kick him in the sides.

The guy holding me began to slide his hand up my shirt.

"LET GO OF ME" I screamed, trying my hardest to break out of his grip.

"A little fun ain't hurt" I could hear the smirk in his voice. The side affects of drunk Socs.

"NO NO NO STOP" I said, looking over to Ponyboy who was struggling to fight back. I could feel my eyes get watery. I'm not one to cry almost ever but Pony was getting the tar beat out of him and this guy was really touching me somewhere he shouldn't be.

I though for sure we lost this one.

Suddenly Darry showed up, ripping the guys away from Pony, along with the rest of the gang.

They didn't spot me yet so I felt it was best to yell one of their names.

"SODAAAA" I practically screamed, the guy tried to put his hand over my mouth but they all heard me by then.

Soda looked up and his eyes were already filled with rage from what those others were doing to Pony.

He ran over to me and ripped the guy off of me, throwing him onto the ground.

I stood there stunned at what just happened.  Couldn't act like this, not now. Snap out of it Elliot. But all I could do was stand there.

The guy got out of Sodas grasp and all the socs fled back to their car and drove away as quick as possible.

Dallas ran over to me, and pulled me to him.

"P-pony ... is he a-alright?" I stammered our, I could feel myself shaking. But Dallas understood why.

"Ponyboy, you alright?" Dallas called over to him.

"I'm — I'm okay" he stammered.

"See he's alright, come on" Dallas said, one arm around my waist and walking with me over to the rest of the gang. Soda ran back over to his brother to make sure he was okay.

We got over to him and I let go of Dallas, running over to Ponyboy.

"Ponyboy are you okay? I'm so sorry" I asked, grabbing him gently by the shoulders so I wouldn't hurt him. Pony was the first of my worries right now.

"I'm alright Elliot, I'm okay" he assured me.

"Lets get you two home" Darry spoke up.

We walked the few feet we had to back to the Curtis's house and we all walked in. I walked straight to my room, picking up my pack of cigarettes and walking back out outside and sitting on the steps of the porch.

I pulled out a cigarette and my lighter. I closed the cigarette pack, setting it down and lit the cigarette and then set the lighter down.

I took a long drag from the cigarette, hoping no one had seen me walk back outside. But after a few minutes of being outside someone walked out of the house and came to sit next to me.

I looked over to see Two-Bit

"Are you holdin up alright?" He asked.

I shrugged "I'm fine, but if only I — if only I had a blade on me this wouldn't have happened."

"Elliot it's not your fault, Ponyboy's fine he's just a little scratched up that's all" he tried to assure me.

"But what if you guys hadn't showed up? What if something worse happened to him ... what if something worse happened to both of us" I shivered at the thought.

"But it didn't, god I would've killed those socs if they did anymore damage to you and Pony." Two-Bit pulled me into him so I was leaning on his shoulder.

Truth is I didn't even wanna think of what just happened. Not just because of Pony... because of what that guy did to me. It took me back to places I didn't wanna be, dark places. Places in New York that would stay in New York forever.

I promised myself that I wouldn't let that happen to me again and I would be tough and scary so it wouldn't.

But I was glad Two-Bit came out to comfort me, I had never seen him as that type. But it was nice.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

769K 25.9K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
1M 44.7K 90
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
4K 52 9
"Besides, I don't care where she's from. A cute girl, is a cute girl" - Gilbert Blythe Annabelle Lee is new to Avonlea, she is 15 and shy. But, litt...
38.9K 621 28
This is a Sodapop Curtis Love Story! Probably one of my favorite Disney princesses is Cinderella. Read about the magical misadventures that Heather S...