WORKING FOR STYLES

By Crazenation

“This was for me?” I whisper looking around the candle lit room. “Only you. This will always be yours. All of... More

Prologue
1. Katerina Knight
2. Schedule
3. Parkland
4. Birthday
5. Jeans
6. Stoned
7. Kick Off
8. Two Weeks (Part 1)
9. Two Weeks (Part 2)
10. Two Weeks (Part 3)
11. Two weeks (Part 4)
12. London
13. Her
14. Suprise
15. Ed Sheeran
16. The London Eye
17. The Morning After
18. Party
19. Love?
20. Complete Confusion
22. Distractions
23. Katerina (part 1)
24. Harry (part 1)
25. Katerina (part 2)
26. Harry (part2)
27. Blues
28. Liz?
29. Reality
30. Mine

21. Friends

4.5K 156 145
By Crazenation

Authors note: So I know this has taken a while but I do try my hardest to get it to you when I'm away and constantly under time constraints. As you know I'm really set on getting to 1k comments, so please go crazy and comment as much as you can. I hope to hear from you in PMs about how you're going because I miss you guys!!!

P.s. This chapter, like the last was written on my iPad and will be edited when I get home from overseas so don't hate me please x x x x x

Chapter 21

Friends

Katerina's Point Of View

I had just finished packing away Harry's clothes in his room, sitting down on the bed with one of Harry's most valued possessions in hand when I hear a yell, followed by an ongoing racket just outside the door.

"what the fuck you bastard" I hear Nathaniel hiss, before swinging the door open to find him on the floor. He gets up hastily to steady himself and notices me frightened in the hall way.

"I won't expect an apology, but seriously kid - grow up" he says, ever so eloquently - a complete contrast to his latter, more harsh tone.

"Oh sod off you prick" Harry spits.

I feel as though I should do something but I find my feet cemented to the floor. The internal argument of running after Nathaniel to ask is he's okay and yelling at Harry about what he's done is a difficult one. I decide to stay with Harry as Nathaniel turns back to me giving me an assuring nod. I notice Harry's hand is turning red from the punch and without a single word, I usher him by his wrist to his bathroom to put it under cold water. I turn the tap on and lighting brush over his knuckles to try sooth the pain he must be feeling. As much as I'm dieing to understand what's going on, I'm also the type to know when not to ask. Harry is in no state to gush about what went on, because if I know anything about Harry, it's that he's not a violent person.

"I'm sorry" he breaks my thoughts.

"For what?"

"Making you think ill of me right now, causing a scene over you" over me? This was not all about me - that's for sure.

"Me?" I challenge.

"Yes you Katerina"'he uses my full name.

I smiles lithely at his words but stop, in complete confusion of what's to come.

...Earlier That Day...

As Nathaniel releases himself from my lips I'm in utter shock. Although his sweet, tobacco laced lips ignite me I pull my self together to move across the bed, creating much needed space between him and I.

"Nathaniel" I whisper resting my head in my palm.

"Katerina" he coos.

"I'm sorry but, I can't - I'm not - well - you see Harry" I mutter my thoughts out loud.

"Yes I understand, but whenever you decide to take up the offer I'm there" he says, brushing off the subject. I stay silent.

"I do however enjoy your company very much and would like to be your friend if you would let me" he asks, seriously.

"Okay" I nod. I know how much I enjoy his banter and company so for me, a friendship with someone so like minded is rather favorable. I know I have unresolved feelings toward Harry, so going to dinner with another man would be wrong. At least, morally wrong.

"You have anything to do in town?" Nathaniel changes the subject.

"Yeah, I need to pick up some tea for lou, and a meeting at a café called 'Platoon', have you heard of it?"

"I actually know the owner, so I'll take you there myself. I saw your bucket list on your iPad, one was to ride a bike, I happen to have one - you keen?" He challenges.

"Yeah! Just promise me one thing?"

"Mmm"

"Stop going through my shit I hate it"

He laughs and nods at my harsh tone before instructing I wear comfortable, warm clothes. As I hope on the bike I notice Nathaniel only has on helmet, and gives it to me.

"What about you?"

"I never ride this one with it on"

"So you have another one?" I ask, intrigued.

"I have two, one for cruising and one for speed, both European made. Both my babies. If your lucky I will take you on the fast one, one day" he smiles back at me.

"Yeah yeah, give the charm a rest" I chuckle, and he joins in.

"You'll have no such luck" he whispers turning the bike on, loud enough for me to hear over the roar. Before I know it we are on the empty country road of England. The speed sets my adrenaline up, and I almost get frightened by what he meant by. The faster bike, considering we were traveling 120km on the slower one.

...

The meeting went well, and Harry's booked into a Burberry shoot the next day in between radio visits. Nathaniel, of cores waited for me talking with the owener of platoon , while I had my meeting. When the representative for Burberry left I leave my stuff with Nathaniel to quickly run to the toilet before we get Lou's tea and go back home. When I get back my phone buzzes with Harry's name lit up. I answer the call and before I get to put a word in, Harry does.

"Yeah hi dick, put Kat on now!"

"Harry?" I say confused.

"Oh hey, yeah Nate picked up my last call. Are you two hanging out or something?" Ah, not really but so what if we were. You're a brainfuck!

"He was just taking me into town. But he's leaving now" I say, more confidently than I expected.

"Ok whatever I'll see you back home" rude much?

I turn to Nathaniel and before I can speak, he speaks.

"Not sure what the kids problem was, I answered and I said you were busy and I told him I'll let you know he called and he lost it"

"What really happened between you two, I heard you were once rather close?" I ignore his previous statement and get right to the issue.

"Ah - well. It s hard to explain. It was mainly over a girl - something largely immature and much out of my usual nature" he eloquently speaks, turning on his heels to walk out of the café, giving the owner a short nod.

"A girl?" I laugh.

"Yeah, Pippa. For Harry, she was THE girl" he states, tugging at my heart strings.

"Yeah, and what happened?" I blurt.

"It's not important" he cuts me off. Alrighty then.

"Well the tea place is next door, so I'll run in and meet you back at the bike"

"Okay beautiful" he leans against the window of the café.

I buy Lou her favorite English breakfast tea with a hint of vanilla, a tea that's becoming a favorite for me too. Apparently she first had it in the restaurant I had my meeting in when she came here with Harry for his her friends wedding rehearsal dinner. It's odd, and it almost feel a little left out knowing that they have known eachother for so long, and most of the crew is British, and I'm here like 'g'day mate'. I pay for the tea and the lady gives me a few samples to take home which, for me - is a good day - yes, easily amused but whatever. I walk out side to find Nathaniel on his bike revving it as I exit the shop and get on the back, sliding my helmet on in one swift motion.

"You looks like you're a natural at this already, wonder how you'd drive love" Nathaniel whispers looking back at me.

"Better than y for sure!" I say, over confidently. He lets out a short but loud laugh before sliding his police Ray Ban sunnies on and speeding off back to Harry's house.

The ride is short and fun, Nathaniel dives in an out of cars as I grab him tighter. We get to the house faster than what it took us to get there, and when I step back onto solid ground I can still feel the adrenaline pump through my veins.

We walk up stairs discussing his driving skill, being much like the ones of a maniac before Nathaniel excuses to go to the bathroom, I tell him to go to mine because sit the closest and also ask him to pick up Harry's wet clothes from the night before, that should be dry by now. I walk into Harry's room finding his notebook on his bed. Just lying there within my grasp. I'm well aware I shouldn't look through it but I can't help myself. I sit on his bed after packing the last part of his clothes into his holding the notebook in my hands, watching as my dinges flick through the pages revealing but another new song he's written right at the end, dated two days ago. As I read the words my chest begins to race.

"what the fuck you bastard" I hear Nathaniel hiss, before swinging the door open to find him on the floor.

...Back to actual time...

"Yes you Katerina" he uses my full name.

I smiles at his words but stop, in complete confusion of what's to come.

I don't know whether I want to even tell Harry what happened with Nathaniel, either way he isn't my boyfriend and doesn't really have the right to know, right? The guilt isn't palpable but it's surely getting there. As he looks me in the eyes endearingly I can't help feel horrid and vial. I feel his fingers lace under my shirt, stroking my back in circular motions I try to push my guilt away, but it doesn't work. I think back to the words written in notebook and how I feel even worse for intruding. All the emotions are building up as he leans in to kiss me and all I can think about is how bad I feel and wrong it would be if he did kiss me and I hadn't told him, especially considering their history.

"Nathaniel and I kissed this morning" I breath into his mouth before he closes the space between us. The moment the words leave my lips is the moment his hand leave my body.

"We're so done" his spits storming out of the bathroom, leaving hot tears to stain my cheeks as I find myself once again, crying in the same spot as I had yesterday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 123K 130
@harrystyles liked your post @harrystyles commented on your post @harrystyles started following you |#1 in fanfiction| read at own risk *** written...
853 81 14
Hit me like a ray of sun, Burning through my darkest night. You're the only one that I want; think I'm addicted to your light. ©Kierra-Lynne 2014
1.2K 41 12
IF U FIND THIS DO NOT READ IT I AM REPUBLISHING IT FOR ONE NIGHT SO MY FRIENDS CAN READ IT AND MAKE FUN OF ME
196K 5.5K 41
* * * * * * COMPLETED * * * * * * We laid together in silence, Harry running his fingers through my hair, me tracing the ink scattering his chest and...