15. Ed Sheeran

Chapter 15

Ed Sheeran

Katerina's Point of View

(Disclaimer: I know that Ed Sheeran and Harry Styles didn’t write the song ‘Strong’ so please don’t get mad! Remember its just fiction x)

We end up taking Harry and I’s car to the studio, which took a little over 20 minutes in London traffic. We enter the studio where people greet Harry and Ed. I feel a bit uneasy and out of place, but Harry introduces me to one of the producers there called Ryan, who apparently found Ed, which I thank him for, profusely!

Harry takes out his notebook from the inside his coat, flicking though multiple sheets, napkins and post it notes making me realize just how close he keeps it, at all times. Its very Jane Austin meets hot curly haired musician.

Ed starts playing his guitar, a simple melody to which Harry starts to hum and mumble few different sentences.

“Yeah, yeah keep that going and ill try sing this to it” Harry says gesturing to Ed for him to replay what he just played.

“mm My hand.

Your hands.

Tied up like two ships

Drifting,

Weightless.

Waves try to break it.

I'd do anything to save it.

Why is it so hard to say it? ”

Harry sings as I sit on the couch slapping at my knee lightly, completely drawn to Harry’s husky voice, his neck tensing as he sings and the way he closes his eyes as he feels the words he’s singing.

“I like that Haz!” Ed Says, as he keeps on playing a tune, making me snap out of my very obvious trance. Harry then continues to ruffle through his papers taking his pencil and scribbling down in his notebook. It’s so beautiful how he’s completely in his element when he’s in the studio. It’s a different side of him I haven’t seen before and its so captivating. He looks at his page before putting his pencil behind his ear and signaling to Ed to play the tune once more. Ed starts to play what he had earlier as Harry sings the earlier verse and when he finishes Ed sings a couple of lines of the top of his head that fit perfectly.

” My heart,

Your heart

Sit tight like book ends.

Pages

Between us

Written with no end.

So many words we're not saying.

Don't wanna wait 'til it's gone.

You make me strong”

“Oh I love that!” Harry jumps up and ruffles through his notebook once again. “Hold up I have a chorus that can really work with this that I wrote on the plane the other day” They sing the song again first Harry’s bit and after which Ed jumps in. Harry now starts the chorus;

“I'm sorry if I say, "I need you."

But I don't care,

I'm not scared of love.

'Cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker.

Is that so wrong?

Is it so wrong