1. Katerina Knight

Id like to first say thank you for deciding to read my book. I hope you enjoy it! Please keep voting and letting me know what you think, I LOVE feedback xxx 

The ultimate regret of not wearing something warmer on a cold Autumn morning kicks in the moment I get to work and am forced to leave my bubble of warmth, my 2007 Toyota Corolla. Walking up the stairs to the client offices, I mentally remind my self to complain about my work’s obsession with blasting air conditioning, especially when no event is taking place. As I reach the top of the stairs, its like a wind tunnel – except air-con. I hear the sound of my heels on the tiled floor and am instantly reminded of the importance today holds for my career, thus the prim office attire.

The walk to the office meeting rooms is long, as the arena is one of the largest in Sydney, once holding various Olympic games in 2000. Here I am, Katernia Knight, age 21, working my dream job at All phones Arena Sydney, my ultimate goal. Someone of my experience usually wouldn’t have been so lucky but it so happens that my boss Paul, is a distant relative and in my interview I spoke of an event I’d host with an infinite budget. It was extravagant, maybe a little crazy too, if I remember correctly. Let’s just say I have a ‘unique’ imagination.

"Katerina, honey snap out of it" Em says as softly as possible, she knows how important today is. Although she’s been walking with me this whole time, she was too phased by the never-ending text messages from her new ‘Magic Man’ to notice.

"Shit, you scared me!" I say, honestly a little rattled – by more than just Em. I usually zone out, most of the time really… but too close to the meeting isn’t voluntary nor desired. It’s a big day today. Very big, my subconscious adds.

"It's okay! You are a bright young woman with a fresh view, no need to stress. First client meetings are always a bit scary. Just be your self!" Em says as she squeezes my wrist gently. She obviously notices the horror on my face as we’re nearing client room 2.

Em, is my ... Well supervisor I guess. Tidy, bubbly and possibly the kindest woman I've ever met. She's also one of the most beautiful. Slender, blonde with the darkest brown eyes. She’s been my on and off best friend. You know those ones that you either speak to heaps in one go or you don’t speak to at all. Still friends – yet not really communicating outside of work. It’s okay though, I mostly keep to myself and have my two best friends I live with to keep me company, and deal with the craziness that is me.

"Mmm, I know, I know. I'll stop. It's just such big deal" I say and she just nods. She knows I'm not one to really talk about how I feel. So we drop the subject.

Today, I meet Tom, One directions’ production manager. Not only is he the most extravagant person, but yahoo tells me he's also either loves or hates you – from a past interview on Chatty Man. God bless that show. Thank god for Internet and that I decided to do my research and prepare.  Today, I need to impress. I've worked here for 6 months and only now am I allowed into my first client meeting. Shock. My trial is just about finishing in a couple weeks and I find out if I get a permanent job, or not. A lot on the line. I know ... ‘Don't stress out, Kat… I’m an independent woman that can get her shit sorted and get on with the job’ I remind my self.

"So how's that guy your seeing? Probably should put your hair to your right side Hun" I chuckle looking at the love bite on her neck, shoulder blade and chest. I almost envy her for her purple marks, and then I remember I don’t really do love. Hasn’t worked out for me in the past. Not the type for one-night stands either – the whole thing grosses me out. Even the thought of hooking up with a complete stranger is disturbing – ultimately you don’t know what they’ve eaten today, where that mouth has been and if they’re hygienic. Why would anyone want to do that? It honestly baffles me. Moments like these I ponder on the thought that I may or may not have OCD.