8. Two Weeks (Part 1)

Authors Note: Hi ya! i hope you are enjoying the book so far! Here's Part 1 of "The two weels"  prior to Harry and Kat leaving to England. Please don't forget to VOTE!! and comment! i love feedback xx Hope y'all having a good day. I smashed my phone screen today, was stuck in traffic for an hour and a half and had an exam and im sill having a good day :) So smile everyone xxx

ALSO! check out the trailer for this book! its linked with this chapter on the right side when you scroll down (if you're on a computer) :)

Chapter 8

Two Weeks (Part 1)

We are now ready for touchdown, please put your seats in the correct upright position and fasten your seat belts’ I hear as I wake up. I look over at Harry who’s still sleeping with his head against the window. I move my self off him. I notice that he’s put a cabin blanket over me and was holding my hand in his under it. Not sure when this happened, but I look behind and around me to notice everyone is still sleeping, I guess I’m the only light sleeper around here. For now. I go to move my hand from Harry’s and he doesn’t let it go, I look back up at him, and he’s still got his eyes shut but now has a smile growing. It makes me smile too, and for a moment I leave it there as he circles the tip of his middle finger on the inside of my palm causing me to laugh a little. When it becomes unbearable I finally pull my hand from his and go to lie back down on his shoulder. He sits up and I move with his body. I notice he’s got a beanie on today and I rip it off him. He’s not too pleased about it, he shake his hair before pushing it off his forehead in one smooth motion. I put it on and its so warm and comfy, much like how I feel about him.

 *It looks good on you* he writes in his notes and shows me.

I mouth thank you before I go to break the silence.

“How’d you sleep?” I ask.

“I didn’t really, I was too excited about England. Thinking about what i should get my mum, but I think I got in about 3 hours” he says staring out the window as I just nod and notice a notebook on his lap.

“What’s that?” I ask another question. My curiosity has officially peaked with what happens on tour,  reminiscing what Lou mentioned at the bar last night.

“Oh, its nothing. I just write down thoughts in there. Sometimes I put them all together and write a song” He says looking down at the scruffy notebook.

“Can I see?” I say before thinking that one through.

“Not today” he says, but smiles. Maybe one day he will show me.

“Did you want to come by for breakfast tomorrow and we can talk, or come work out tonight after the show? Or dinner?” he says, signally that we need to still speak about the whole lou situation.

“I ahh, I need you to call a few people in England for me. That’s all” He says noticing Tom has shifted in his seat behind us, pulling over one of the cabin crew asking for a long black.

“Yeah, no worries. What’s the weather like in England at the moment” I ask thinking about how excited I am that I’m even going.

“Ah. Think its still a bit cold, but its nearing summer, which means like winter for you I guess. I’d bring some warm clothes” he says, still focusing on the now city we are flying over. We briefly speak about how crazy it is that everything is so small from up here. 

From the airport, we go straight to sound check at the Perth venue. The concert goes well, as per usual super loud. I sneak away to watch the people flood the arena as I did in Sydney. Something about it is just so enchanting. The little lights that you can see in the furthest row and the gorgeous girls in the front row, and the parent that doesn’t look like they want to be there, but looses their cool when the boys come out fan girling just like the rest of the crowd. It makes everything else so mundane. I envy the boys getting to do this as a job. But I also know I would never be confident enough to become a performer. I use to want to be a singer up until my father left, he was an amazing singer. He even had his own band that he played with at gigs around Australia and he would always ask me to come on stage when I was there to perform with him. I don’t anymore though. Those memories feel so bittersweet, and so far away.