A Demon's Curse: Inuyasha Fan...

By sesshomaru_itachi

A demons slayer names Nayumi crosses paths with her sister. The same sister she thought was dead. To make thi... More

Chapter One: First Sight
Chapter Two: Spilt Blood
Chapter Three: A Long Night
Chapter Four: Unexpected Reunion
Chapter Five: Transformation at Mount Hakurei
Chapter Six: Pain, Promises, and Mischief
Chapter Seven: Sleeping Beauty Curse
Chapter Eight: A Sister's Love
Chapter Nine: Kidnapped
Chapter Ten: Naraku Escapes
Chapter Eleven: Kikyo's Last Wish
Chapter Twelve: Bitten Trance
Chapter Thirteen: Mending Wounds
Chapter Fourteen: Deadly Duo
Chapter Fifteen: Arochimaru Appears
Chapter Sixteen: Death's Grasp
Chapter Seventeen: Fateful Kiss
Chapter Eighteen: Sakura's Song
Chapter Ninteen: A Light in the Dark
Chapter Twenty: Kagua's Death, Naraku's Desires
Chapter Twenty-One: Nayumi's Decision

Chapter Twenty-Two: Broken Curse, Broken Soul

4.2K 142 15
By sesshomaru_itachi

        "AHHHHHHH!!!" Nayumi yelled in pain as she took over Miroku's injuries. 

"What is she doing?!" Sesshomaru growled; not being able to cross the barrier. 

"She is transfering his injuries to herself." Kikyo said in a said voice. 

"What are her chances of surviving this?" Kagome asked. 

"That depends. She already had wounds from miasma, but she is also very strong. I cannot determine the outcome. Only she can." Kikyo replied. 

        Nayumi could feel Miroku's wounds forming up her arm. She managed to stop her screaming, but she couldn't keep herself from whimpering in pain. 

"No!" she yelled as she felt a spirit try to stop her. 

"Father." Sesshomaru gasped. 

        Stop this. Inu no Taisho said. 

Get out of here! I'm going to save at least one person! Nayumi yelled at him; tears streaming down her face. 

You're killing yourself! Not even you can cheat death forever. His voice rang in her mind, but she didn't care. 

"I won't give up!" Nayumi yelled out loud. What she thought were tears turned out to be blood. 

"Nayumi!" Sesshomaru yelled. 

"I'm fine. Agh." Nayumi said; choking on blood. 

I won't let him die. I can't. Nayumi thought; closing her eyes.

        "Stop." Kikyo said; grabbing Sesshomaru's robe sleeve. 

"Let me go." he said in a cold voice. 

"If you stop her now, then they both will die." Kikyo said. 

"If she dies it's on you." he replied; eyes as cold as his voice.

 "What did you mean by father?" Inuyasha asked. 

"It was nothing." Sesshomaru replied. 

"AH!" Nayumi couldn't stop the screams anymore. Blood poured from her eyes and mouth, and it only got worse as the poison spread close to her heart. 

"Stop this!" a voice yelled as it threw her back. Only Sesshomaru and Nayumi knew who it was. 

"No!" Nayumi yelled as she landed on her back. She was thankful she got most of it, but she couldn't finish the spell. 

"Are you okay?" Sesshomaru asked. 

"I'm fine-" her words were cut off by a sudden intake of breath as she sat up. Clutching her arm to her chest, she couldn't breathe. She expected something like this to happen, but she wasn't expecting something of this degree. 

"Nayumi!" Sesshomaru growled. Nayumi knew what she had to do.

"I must go." Nayumi said; pushing away from Sesshomaru.

"You're not going anywhere." Sesshomaru said; grabbing at her hand.

"You're are not to follow!" Nayumi yelled; throwing sutras on the ground and creating a barrier.         

        It wasn't just the miasma bothering her. She could feel something creeping through her body. She couldn't take the chance of this being another one of Naraku's traps to try and make her kill everyone.

"Hello there." Sakura's voice stopped her dead.

"If you're here then my suspicions where correct." Nayumi growled; placing a hand on her sword.

"I do not wish to fight against you, but with you." Sakura said; kneeling in front of her.

"Excuse me?" Nayumi asked; still holding her sword.

"Naraku does not have any intentions of letting me and my family live in peace. Once the jewel is complete he will kill anyone who dares defy him." Sakura said; raising her head.

"Cumadi." Nayumi said; causing Sakura to fall forward.

"Stand up." Nayumi said after a while.

"What was that?!" Sakura exclaimed; able to breathe again.

"A simple spell that will assure you stay on your best behavior. Any attempt to control me will kill you. Understand?" Nayumi replied; voice cold.

"Yes, Lady Nayumi. I  will serve you well." Sakura said with a smile.

"Nayumi will suit just fine. There is no need for the title." Nayumi said; curling her lip a little.

"But it's a sign of respect?" Sakura replied; confused.

"I do not need a demon's respect." Nayumi scuffed.

"I'm sorry for all the trouble I have caused." Sakura said; saddness filling her voice.

"Shut up and get over it. I have." Nayumi snapped, "Now, we need to get moving."

"Yes!" Sakura said; smiling up at her.

        It had been a few weeks, and Sakura had proven to be a very strong companion. They had fought many battles together, and Nayumi now respected Sakura's strength.

"So tell me, what kind of demon are you?" Nayumi asked.

"I'm a cat demon." Sakura replied with a smile.

"A cat demon, huh." Nayumi scuffed. 

"Why aren't you traveling with that dog demon and little girl anymore?" Sakura asked.

"You forgot the imp and two headed dragon." Nayumi said; avoiding the question.

"I didn't forget the two headed dragon, but I did forgot that little imp." Sakura laughed.

"That light!" Nayumi exclaimed; tears falling down her face. She knew what that light was. It was Kikyo's soul.

"Kikyo!" Nayumi yelled.

        Do not mourn me. I will watch over you. Forever, Nayumi. Kikyo's voice drifted through the wind around her. 

"Kikyo!" Nayumi cried; shaking her head as more tears fell. 

Here. Take my power as well. It will aid in your fight. Kikyo said, and Nayumi could feel her spiritual powers pour into her. Know I am always with you. 

With that, Kikyo was gone. For good this time. 

"Nayumi?" Sakura asked; touching her shoulder.

"Don't touch me." Nayumi warned, but it wasn't because she hated demons. This was a totally different situation. With Kikyo's spiritual powers it was making it hard to control them all.

"Nayumi? Are you okay?" Sakura asked.

"You should leave. It's safer for you that way. Find Sesshomaru. He can protect you with his new Tensegia." Nayumi said; her body pulsing from all the power.

"But I want to stay with you!" Sakura yelled.

"Leave!" Nayumi growled; spiritual power starting to seep from her body.

"I can't breathe." Sakura gasped.

"Get out of here!" Nayumi yelled; using her own powers to push Sakura away. "Find Sesshomaru and tell him to stay away from me for now! I will come find you when I have these powers under control!" Nayumi ran away in the other direction. The extra power made her deadly, and with her hatred for demons she couldn't stop it. It would purify any demon she came across. She had to lock it away. She knew how, but she needed to get away. Sakura hadn't done her any harm lately, and she didn't want to purify her.

        "You dare come into my presence?" Sesshomaru said as Sakura fell to her knees in front of him.

"Nayumi told me to find you." Sakura said; bowing her head.

"You've seen my sister?" Rin said; running forward.

"Yes, but she doesn't want anyone around her. She said she would come find us when she had to power under control." Sakura replied.

"What power?" Sesshomaru asked; voice cold.

"The woman named Kikyo gave Nayumi her spiritual powers, and something started to happen. The power started to seep out around her, and everything started to purify. Even me. Nayumi saved me." Sakura said.

"Nayumi saved you?" Jaken asked.

"Yes, the last few weeks I have been traveling with Nayumi." Sakura answered.

"I like how pink your hair is." Rin said with a smile.

"Where is she?" Sesshomaru asked.

"I don't know. She ran away, and I did as she told me." Sakura replied.

"Which way?" Sesshomaru asked.

"I don't know." Sakura said; lowering her head.

"You're useless!" Jaken yelled.

"Leave her alone!"Rin yelled back.

"Don't make me have to cut you down, imp." Nayumi's voice came from the trees; drenched in pain.

"Nayumi?" Sakura and Rin said together.

"I'm fine." Nayumi said; coming from the tree coverage. Her neck and chest were covered in burn marks.

"Where did you get those?" Sesshomaru asked; voice sounding indifferent, but he was in front of her now.

"None of you business. Come on Sakura, we're leaving." Nayumi said; turning her back on the rest.

"Sister?" Rin called after her.

"It's not safe for you to be around me right now, Rin." Nayumi replied; keeping her back towards her.

"Is is safe for Sakura to be?" Rin asked.

"Yes. The powers are not a concern anymore. I'm talking about the amount of demons after me. You're not safe around me." Nayumi said.

"Lord Sesshomaru will kepp us safe." Rin replied.

"I will not put my life in the hands of a demon. I won't put yours in one either. If I'm not around, then neither are the demons. That simple. When Naraku is dead, then I will come find you." Nayumi said.

"You're running away?" Jaken yelled after her.

"Call it what you want." Nayumi snapped; a tear falling down her cheek.

"What's going on? I smell no demons on you." Sesshomaru said; appearing in front of her again.

"Fell in a river on the way here." Nayumi lied; avoiding eye contact.

"Something else is going on." Sesshomaru scuffed.

"I've changed my mind. Sakura, stay here." Nayumi said.

"Why?" Sakura asked.

"Because I said so." Nayumi snapped, then ran away. 

"Do you think you can out run me?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Stay away!" Nayumi yelled; putting up a barrier to block him.

        "Naraku!" Nayumi gasped; surprise causing her barrier to faulter.

"Leave her alone!" Sesshomaru yelled.

"Very entertaining. A demon protecting a demon slayer." Naraku laughed, "And a demon slayer protecting a demon. Multiple demons." 

"I told you not to follow me!" Nayumi yelled at Sesshomaru. 

"I smelled a foul odor." Sesshomaru replied. 

"You're unwillingness to listen to this girl will be your death." Naraku said; a tentacle about to strike his heart. 

"Stupid dog!" Nayumi yelled and jumped in front of him. 

        Three days after Kagome returns, then you will. Otaku said quickly before the curse broke. 

"Nayumi!" Sesshomaru yelled as Naraku's tentacle struck her back.

"No!" Nayumi yelled; putting her hand over her chest and stopping the tentacle from going through.

"What a stupid girl. Putting a demon's life before her own. Now she will die. The curse is finally broken." Naraku laughed; removing the tentacle.

"Nayumi!" Sesshomaru repeated as she fell against him.

"Three days after Kagome returns." Nayumi whispered at him.

"What?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Rin." Nayumi said, "Take this. You will need it to know when I return." Nayumi handed Rin Katana.

"Sister!" Rin yelled; clutching the sword to her chest.

"Three days. Don't forget, Sesshomaru." Nayumi said, then died.

"Nayumi!" Sesshomaru growled; a single tear falling down his cheek.

"It's your fault she's dead. Have you forgotten the meaning of your name Sesshomaru? Destruction of life. You broke this girl. You shattered everything she believed in. You should have never saved her when she was a child. I'm sure you didn't recognize her with her blood being tainted by demon blood, but that was the very same girl you saved years ago. Rin wasn't even born yet." Naraku laughed.

"I remembered her. Demon blood or no demon blood. I remembered." Sesshomaru said in a low voice.

"My job here is done. The girl is finally dead. That's two of my biggest threats taken care of." Naraku said and left.

"You're letting him get away?" Sakura asked.

        Sesshomaru didn't reply as he laid Nayumi on the ground and drew Tensegia.

"Do you plan to revive her?" Jaken asked.

"Do you really have to ask." Sesshomaru replied; concentrating. When he saw the minions of the Underworld, he swung his sword. When he was about to cut them, a barrier appeared and blocked his blade.

"What?" Sakura exclaimed.

"Nayumi is putting up a barrier against Tensegia." Sesshomaru muttered.

"Lord Sesshomaru. I think Nayumi was telling you that she would be back three days after Kagome returns." Kohaku said.

"Sister!" Rin cried as she fell to her sister's side.

        Never lose Katana. She will protect you, and you will need her in the future. Nayumi's voice chimed around them. 

"Nayumi?" they all said at once.

I do not get to see Naraku's demise, but I already know the outcome. Watch out for Kagome when the final battle comes. She will have to hardest battle to fight. I will return three days after she does. Katana will let you know when it's time. If you don't protect my little sister, Sesshomaru, then I'll kill you when my rencarnation returns to this time!

        With her final words said, Nayumi traveled to the Underworld and awaited her rebirth.

------------------------------------------------------

Author Note:

There will be a sequel to this! It will be called 'Another World'

I will start posting it in a day or two! I really hope you enjoyed this story, and will enjoy the next one just as much!

-----------------------------------------------------

Update:

here is a link to the sequel! Enjoy!

http://www.wattpad.com/60419187-another-world-chapter-one-secrets-of-the-shrine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 7.5K 47
You are a full blooded dog demon. A female one at that. You have two swords. Shi is the blade of Death, while your other sword, Ha is the blade of da...
17.4K 911 12
| synopsis | - 𝘒𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘴𝘶 𝘯𝘰 𝘠𝘢𝘪𝘣𝘢 & 𝘐𝘯𝘶𝘺𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘢 𝘊𝘙𝘖𝘚𝘚𝘖𝘝𝘌𝘙 - Perhaps the one thing that would never change in Kanae kocho's...
42.8K 2K 23
Itsuki (Y/n) is a young man who was raised to never harm his face. His mother told him his only reason for existing was to be the husband of the vill...
45.7K 1.2K 55
Three years have passed ever since Naraku's defeat and the disappearance of the shikon jewel, Kagome was separated from Inuyasha and her friends fro...