Don't Say Anything

By arose4u

Jessi is one of the few business majors in an almost all arts college. Her goals for life include; graduating... More

1. Rosie
2. He Gets Around
3. Not Everyone Is A Jerk Like Will
4. The Game
5. You're So Easy To Read
6. Analysis
7. Are You Following Me?
8. Tastes Like A Cherry Tree
9. A Dagger
10. It's Too Quiet In Here
11. I'm Just Curious
12. Chocolate
13. You're Driving Me Crazy
15. Waiting
16. I'm Fine
17. Explanations
18. I'm Better Than I Look
19. Trust Me
20. Good Luck Bad Luck
21. A Different Game
22. I Know
23. Secrets
24. He's A Prick, But He's Not Stupid
25. Hot Chocolate
26. Baseball Stars
27. Jealousy and Coffee Creamers
28. Family
29. Just Something Small
30. Overwhelmed
31. Unexpected
32. Not A Good Word Choice
33. Uncharted Territory
34. I'm Not Scared
35. Everything
36. Texting
37. Merry Late Christmas
38. Ready Rosie?
39. The Art Show
40. Girlfriend Phobia
41. Oh.
42. Advice and News
43. Come Over
44. This Isn't Will
45. It's Over. She's Gone
46. You Can Be My Just In Case
47. Finally! Finally, Finally
48. Is It Vandalism?
49. About Valentines Day...
50. What's The Worst That Could Happen
51. Lies And Fights
52. You Won't Regret It
53. Is That A Challenge?
54. A Perplexing Phenomenon
55. The Wedding
56. First You Have To Pay Me Rent
57. Somewhere Better
58. Old Friend
59. Because We Stay Inside Too Much
60. I Can't Think On The Spot
61. In The Kitchen
62. She Doesn't Want To Be Found
63. I Should Hate Him
64. Don't Touch Me
65. Don't Kill Anybody
66. You're Unbelievable
67. Accouterments Has Two Cs
68. Oblivious
69. Prince Charming
70. What Crawled Up His Ass?
71. He's Happy
72. Voicemail
73. You Made Me Look Like A Fool
74. Just Listen To Me
75. It Would Be A Death Wish
76. Hell No
77. It's Not What You Think
78. My Northern Star
79. I Have One More Question
80. Metal Monster
81. First Date
82. I'm Training To Be Plato
83. I Was Trying To Be Flirtatious
84. I Don't Really Know Anything Except...
85. No, Don't Scream
86. Sweetheart
87. People Change
88. Threaten Me With Cats
89. Gossip Page
90. Chex Mix
91. You Crash It, You Pay For It
92. I Got It
93. It's Not A Game To Me
94. Speaking Of The Bastard
95. Your Foolishness
96. Shenanigans
97. Meaningless
98. Nothing Else Is Important
99. Don't Say Anything
100. A/N

14. Accidents

3.2K 118 51
By arose4u

I walked into Abstract Painting in one of the best moods I had ever been in. Yesterday, Will took me upstairs and let me use the guest bathroom to shower. It was the first time I had seen any other part of the house and it was just as grand. The floors in the hall were bright white and softer than a baby kitten. The hallway was too long for me to even count the number of doors at a glance. I did notice that the hallway ended abruptly with a curtain and Will said that's where Leah's part of the house starts. There were beautiful paintings on the walls, just like downstairs, and I wondered which famous artist painted each one as I walked by.

The guest room, or one of the guest rooms, was huge with a simple theme of dark red and white. Will brought me a t-shirt and pair of shorts that were Leah's and went in his own room to take a shower. After we were all clean of baking ingredients, we went back downstairs to do more studying/talking. I wanted to see more of the upstairs, but he didn't seem to be in the best mood, so I let it go for the time being. I insisted that we cleaned up some of our mess so Mary didn't have to do all of it, which ended up as me cleaning and him laughing at me getting myself dirty again. I didn't mind though, because he was happy and that makes me happy.

The cake we made wasn't half bad. We got frosting on each other's faces, but it didn't get out of control like the last time. We ate until we were completely full of chocolate and laughed until we couldn't breathe. That was the Will that I love being around, and I hope he stays that way today.

Mrs. Frizzle said our assignment today was splatter paint, so we had to wear these big brown suit-type-things that covered all of our clothing just in case people's aim was off.

"I'm dressed as a piece of shit," I hear Will say from behind me. He's actually right. The suits are pretty much the exact same color as shit.

"I was thinking more like a brown crayon, or a big coffee bean, or-"

"Don't try and sugarcoat it, Rosie."

Mrs. Frizzle yelled at everyone to go back to their easels and "express our emotion through the art of splatter." Will kept trying to fling as much paint as he could onto my canvas and ended up getting more than half of it on me. Although, that might have been his goal the whole time.

"Attention!" Mrs. Frizzle stops everybody mid-splatter and stands on a chair. "I want everyone to write one word in the center of your masterpiece that represents your thoughts while making this painting." I took my thickest black colored brush and wrote my word in the center. I picked up the painting and turned it so Will could read it. I plaster the biggest smile possible on my face hoping to make up for the choice of topic.

'Sunday?'

He hadn't written his word yet, but as soon as he sees mine, he scribbles something on the canvas and turns it around.

'Fuck You.'

He imitates my over exaggerated smile as he holds it up right under his chin. Mrs. Frizzle walks by right as he does so.

"Very good Will. Only, that's two words, not one. Follow directions please."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think I'm Frizzy's favorite student," Will says to me as we walk out of the classroom.

"Oh I'm sure you're every teacher's favorite," I reply sarcastically.

"Keep talking like that and I'll eat the rest of the cake myself when we get back to my house."

"You mean my birthday cake?"

"Yes. I'll eat your whole damn birthd-" he stops in the middle of the empty hall and I look around to see what's wrong.

"I never got you a birthday gift." His face is so serious that I have to laugh.

"Don't worry about it. I don't want anything."

"Nope," he says continuing down the hall. "You're not allowed to be selfless on your birthday. I'll think of something."

"Really Will. You don't have to do anything."

"Will!" I hear a guy's voice from down the hall. We both turn to see Vinny running down the hall. "Hey Jessi," He says quickly and I give him a small 'hey' and a wave. "Are you coming to my house tonight?" A lot of times Will goes to parties on Fridays, but yesterday he said that we could hang out before I went home.

"Nah, Vin. I'm busy. I already went to one this week," Will says and I feel slightly giddy inside that he's picking me over a party.

Vinny sighs, "We used to go to one every other day together." Will runs his hands over his hair like he does every time he wants to avoid a conversation.

"I'll be at the one on Monday or Tuesday or something. I can't today." Vinny looks at Will, then at me, then back to Will.

"Can I talk to you for a second, alone?" It's just the three of us in the hallway, so it must be something that Vinny doesn't want me to hear. I force myself not to frown.

"Yeah," Will looks down at me. "I'll meet you by the car?" I nod and say goodbye to Vinny before rounding the corner so I'm out of sight. I stop right as I get to the door. I shouldn't listen. I really shouldn't listen. But I can't help it.

"Does your girlfriend have you whipped or something?" Vinny says in a much harsher tone then he was just talking.

"She's not my girlfriend! I've told you a million times that I don't, nor will I ever, have a girlfriend. She's just a good fuck."

I knew I shouldn't have listened.

"You're not one to stick with one girl for so long. Neither of us do the long-term thing. You know that."

"She's not the only one. She's just completely wrapped around my finger. I still hook up with the other whores at the parties."

I need to leave. I need to leave right now. Why can't I move my legs?

"I mean, she's hot and all, but she doesn't seem like your type."

"I know exactly what I'm doing. Trust me. She's better than you would expect. I have everything planned out"

"You don't come to as many-" And that's when my feeling slightly returns to my body and I find the strength to push open the door. I sit down on the bench outside and try to steady my breathing. Don't cry. Don't cry. She's just a good fuck. Half of it's not even true. He's just trying to impress his friend. She's just completely wrapped around my finger. He's your friend. It's no big deal. He didn't mean that stuff. Other whores. I'm not a whore. That's just a fact. He didn't mean it. She's just a good fuck. Don't cry. Don't cry.   

He's going to come out and see me like this. No. He can't know that I heard. I take out my phone and put it to my ear just as he walks out of the building.

"I'm so sorry Avery. I will be right over," I say in a surprisingly even voice.

"What's going on?" Will asks as he approaches me. She's just a good fuck.

"Avery isn't feeling very well. I'm going to have to go back to the dorms for now. I'm sorry. I'll call you later," I say way too fast.

"At least let me drive you over there," he says with a kindness that makes his previous words even more confusing and hurtful.

"No, I need the fresh air. It's only a couple of minutes. I'll see you later. I really need to get to Avery." Don't make eye contact. He'll know your lying.

"Okay, call me if you need anything," he says as I'm already walking away.

"Sure thing. Thanks. Bye." I give him a wave and I hope I managed a good enough smile. He seems to buy it. Or he just doesn't care, my subconscious tells me. I need to shut her up with some chocolate ice cream as soon as I back to the dorms. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I land face first onto my bed as soon as I get into my room.

"Rough day?" Kira asks as soon as she sees me.

"You could say that," I say into the pillow.

"Is it Will?" she asks and there's a pang in my chest. "You shouldn't be hanging out with him so much. I mean, I know you guys hooked up on the first night, but that's no reason to stick around him. There are so many others," she says like she knows our whole relationship in and out. "Not that many as good but..." she adds under her breath.

"Kira is just acting snobby because she's dating a guy out of college who owns a company or something!" Avery yells from the bathroom where she's curling her hair for the party.

"We're not dating!" she yells back. "Will actually introduced me to him." I push my face farther into the pillow. "But we don't have to talk about him."

Even if Will did like me a little bit, there is no way that we could be anything more by the way he talked today. He talked about having a girlfriend like it was some kind of law that he was accused of breaking.

"I just need some time alone," I say and Kira gets up and strokes my hair.

"Are you sure? 'Cos we can stay if you want us to."

"Yeah I'll stay if you need me!" Avery adds. I look up at their dolled up faces and skimpy, yet pretty, dresses and know that I wouldn't be a good friend if I kept them from having a good time.

"No really. I just need a night to myself. You don't even have to come back to the room if you don't want. Though, I know I don't have to tell you girls that," I say with a little smile.

"Oh if you insist." Avery smiles and kisses me on the cheek.

"Call us if you need anything!" Kira yells and walks out the door. They're so nice. Why can't I just be gay? Girls are ten times less complicated when you are one.

I picked out some chocolate ice cream from the little fridge and curl up in my bed with The Fault In Our Stars because it seems like an appropriate book to read based on my emotions.

Only about a half an hour later, my phone rings. Will. I have to pick it up or he'll know something is wrong.

"Hey," I say as chipper as possible.

"Hey, how's Avery?"

"She's not too good. I'm sitting with her right now. I think she might have the stomach flu or something."

"That's funny because I just saw her drive by on my way home." Oh shoot.

"Umm..." I don't know what to say. I can't think on the spot like this.

"Jessi what's going on?" Just tell him the truth, but not the whole truth.

"I just needed some time to myself, that's all."

"You heard what I said to Vin, didn't you?" Silence. Then we both start talking at once.

"It's no big deal-

"I'm so sorry Jess-

"No really I understand-

"It was an accident-

"It's not fair for you-

"It's not fair for you Jessi!" he almost yells and I stop talking.

"Listen, we can't do this over the phone. I promised someone I would pick him up from the bus stop and then I'm coming over."

"Will, we can do this some other-"

"I'll be there in an hour. And I'll find a way to get in because I know you're not going to come if I plan a different place."

"Really Will-"

"I'll call you when I'm on my way." And the line goes dead. I don't know if I even got one full sentence in. I guess I have no input on this decision. And I guess I should probably put some pants on. God, why couldn't we have done this next week when I've cooled down and moved past the whole situation? I'm still depressed and angered by his words and confrontation doesn't seem like the best idea. I make myself look semi-presentable and then sit back down on my bed to read my book.

One hour passes.

Two hours pass. Maybe his friend's bus was late.

Three hours pass.

No call. Maybe he won't come. Well, that just pisses me off even more. He says he's going to come over and apologize and then blows off the whole thing. He could have at least called me to let me know. I put on jeans for this boy.

Finally, my phone rings, but I don't recognize the number. Why is he calling me from a different call phone?

"Hello?" I say a little hesitantly.

"Is this Jessica Black?" a lady says on the other side of the phone. Wow, still waiting on Will.

"Yes, this is her." It's probably one of those stupid credit card companies again.

"This is the Harrisburg Hospital calling. There's been an accident. We need you to come immediately." 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ahhhhh Please Vote and Comment! I love you lots. x 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61 0 46
Constantly in the spotlight thanks to her politician father's rising star, Olivia Blakely feels the pressure to be perfect. As the youngest girl in h...
131 3 1
Mallory wants nothing more than to be left alone, and read The Great Gatsby of course. She despises any conversation she has to be apart of, can't st...
43 0 8
Emily is a college student that takes pride in her school work, she rarely ever goes out to parties. She likes to keep to her self and has a few real...
1.5K 27 14
Kovu and Kiara are on their way to the first day of college untill they suddenly bump into each other and find a new feeling . Could it be love ? Rea...