Pumped-Up Kicks (A Logan Lerm...

By ravenswoodresidence

Sometimes people leave so they won't hurt you. Sometimes people leave just to hurt you. Sometimes people leav... More

Pumped-Up Kicks
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Author's Note
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Authors note... Again
Promo
ignore this
update
another update

Chapter 11

222 9 0
By ravenswoodresidence

Telly's P.O.V.

--------------------------------------------------
Monday

Resolutions and lovers in the kitchen. Love is clueless but destiny is wishing. This is my heart its on the line. Selene.

I woke up to Imagine Dragons that Monday. Too quickly the weekend was over. I opened my imessage and read the text from Jared.

Jared: good morning beautiful.I'll c u @ school

He was amazing. I smiled as I climbed out of bed and started on my routine. I pulled a pair of black skinny jeans up my legs and slid a white cami over myself before placing a pink high-lo sweater over top. I grabbed my white Doc Martens and shoved my feet in them. I changed my tote bag to a pink Coach poppy. I selected a pair of white earbuds after a coat of mascara and a swipe of eyeliner. My feet guided me toward my perfume tower and I spritzed Bath and Body Works Mad about you. My car keys rested in my hands as I fastened my charm bracelet. I left with my leather jacket and headed to the parking lot. It was warm out. I got in the drivers side of my electric blue dodge challenger. I rolled the windows down allowing my hair to blow in the wind. I let my Music app play DJ as I headed toward school. I wanted to be the last one there. As I approached the parking lot music blasted out the windows. She looks so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear and I know now that I'm so down. I smiled and looked ahead through my aviators as everyone tried to catch me. I parked next to Jared and killed the engine. I pulled my poppy from the passengers seat and stepped out. The crowd was huge as they identified me. I spotted a mass of blonde hair and a frantic arm waving me over. I gallivanted toward the others and engaged myself in conversation with Remie and Topher. "Is that your car?" Topher asked with his eyes popping out of his head and a lazy finger. I nodded and reached for my phone in my backpocket. No texts. Huh. that's a first.

I brushed it off and resumed in what Remie was saying. She jammed a piece of paper in my hand. I unfolded it and read the writing.

Sleepover this Saturday.

I looked up and nodded. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. A stubbly chin rested on my shoulder. "Nice car." Jared complimented.

"Oh My God twinkletoes are you jealous." I said with a small sarcastic smile. He smiled and shook his head no. We walked into the building hand in hand leaving the others behind. He escorted me to my locker and I grabbed a textbook. "What time are we seeing the movie Friday?" I asked keeping myself a bit busy.

"We all agreed on 11. Are we going back to my house or yours?"

"Yours. I don't wanna leave you by yourself because I have to leave Saturday for a sleepover at Rem's." I answered. He leaned on the locker next to mine and pulled out his phone. He stared at his screen in disapproval. "What's wrong?" I spoke softly.

"Logan's sick today. He can't practice for the homecoming game after school." He answered with defeat.

"Awww sucks. I'll swing by his place after school to check on him." I assured Jared. The bell rang declaring we had to depart. I left a quick kiss on his lips and headed to my first class.

------------

I was packing up for the day when I heard a slap on the locker next to me.I jumped and Jace appeared next to me. "You're avoiding me." He spat angrily.

"I wouldn't call it avoiding. I'm just giving you space." I replied.

"I think I deserve a thank you because I saved you from the damn party and let you crash at my place." He added.

"I didn't ask you to. And you didn't save me. You stole me away. I was perfectly fine." I calmly argued back.

He grabbed my wrist and twisted it slamming me against the locker. I'd never seen him so angry. I tried pushing him away with my other hand. Big mistake. He grabbed that one and locked it in his hand. "Let go of me." I fired back. He did the exact opposite. He tightened his grip on me. Everyone was gone by now. If I screamed no one would hear me. I did it anyway. " I said let go. " I tried. He tightened it even more. And then just as I thought my wrist would break. I heard a booming voice.

"She said let go." Jared shouted behind him. Jace let go of one wrist and turned his back toward me.

"What will you do if I don't." He demanded. Jared just shook his head. He retracted his hand from me and finally let go. I scrambled toward Jared. My hero. "Telly I'm not gonna ask this again. It's either me or him." He fired.

"Stop interrogating my girlfriend!" Jared fought back. He ran his thumb up and down my back to comfort me.

"I'm sorry Jace. I'm only gonna ask this once. Leave me alone." I shook as I spoke. He stormed off. And I broke down. I cried into Jared's chest. I calmed down enough to remember my wrists really hurt. He examined them in his palms careful not to hurt them further. He picked my bag up from the floor and lead me to the nurses. She took a look and wrapped my left one. I thanked her and left.

"I'll drive you home." Jared assured me.

"But what about-" He cut me off by kissing me. He pulled back and I looked for my car keys. I tossed them toward him and  I didn't argue further.

------------

We arrived to my house and I flopped on my bed. Thank god I didn't have homework. Jared handed me my phone mouthing "Marissa." I took my phone in my right hand.

"Hullo."

"Your entrance today though."

" I wish it was as cool as my exit."

"what happened?"

"I'll tell u later I gotta go."

"Use protection."

"Goodbye Marissa."

I hit end call and looked toward Jared. I stood up and grabbed my keys. " Let's go get your car." I tossed my keys to him and we walked out.

--------------

"Hey are you hungry?" Jared asked I nodded and ordered another pizza. Not long after it arrived and we were in front of the TV watching Warm Bodies. After it ended he stood up and stretched."I better head home. I hope your wrist heals. I'll drive you tomorrow. We can still do the whole grand entrance thing with music and shit." He assured me. I nodded and stood up to plant a kiss on his cheek. He let himself out. I shuffled to my bathroom starting a shower. I unwrapped my wrist and stepped under the hot water. That's when I remembered. Logan. I hope he's okay. I finished my shower 10 minutes later. I played my playlist for The Neighbourhood quietly and climbed into bed with a Seventeen magazine.

----------
Tuesday

Theres something bout the girl next door. Something that I can't ignore.

I woke up to the sound of Wesley's voice. I made the mistake of rolling on my left hand. I screamed from the pain. I wrestled with my bed sheets as I got out of bed. I slapped my phone screen. One text from Remie.

Remie: I'm so sorry about your wrist. How about we go shopping after school for homecoming. The dance is next Friday. Ill see you later -R

I carefully washed my face and brushed my teeth. I looked in the mirror at the pink beach waves I created. It's time for a change.I walked out of my bathroom and contemplated what to wear. I was satisfied with a white v neck and a navy varsity jacket with dark washed skinny jeans. I pushed my feet in my white converse as the front door slammed shut. Jared showed up in my doorway. I waved him over allowing him to help me rewrap my wrist. "How is it?" he asked with concern as he tenderly held it.

"Not good. I accidently rolled over on it this morning. I'm surprised Jace didn't burst through the door when he heard me scream." I joked. We headed out the door and walked through the parking lot. He opened the door to the camero for me helping me in. Once again it was warm. I pulled my phone out of my poppy that I named Alexis. Jared jogged around the front and got in himself. He pressed a button and before I knew it the hard top was down. I scrolled through the music selection trying to be a good DJ. His black Ray Bans rested on his face as we made our way to school. I'm bringing sexyback. Yeah! Them other people don't know how to act. Yeah! He snickered under his breath at my choice. " its "#Timberlaketuesday." I stated my reason.

"So what was yesterday if you played a 5SOS song." he teased.

" #michaelcliffordmonday." He both laughed as we weaved through the crowd in the parking lot. He threw the car in park and pushed the button again forcing the hard top to come up. He killed the engine and got out before helping me out. I heard many gasps as we walked past nameless bodies. I guess now everyone knows were together. Once again Logan was a no show.

------------

Soon the sucky school day was over and I was waiting by my locker for Remie. I scrolled through my insta feed and I looked up. She came towards me and air kissed my left cheek. "I'm so sorry about your wrist. Jason should pay for what he's done to you."

"It's NBD. The nurse said it was sprained but it would heal by the end of the week." I informed Remie. I looped my arm through hers and we walked out. I opened the car door to a pink mini cooper. We left the building and she took me in town. We parallel parked and got out and window shopped for a few minutes. Well, I window shopped while she was on the phone ordering her tables and speakers for her party. I tugged on her arm and pulled her into a store called "little miss." I got lost in the wide arrangement of velvet, satin,lace, and god knows what. I couldn't decide on anything but I knew what color I was wearing.

"Hi welcome to Little Miss can I help you with anything today." A sales associate named Tina rang.

"Um yes. May I see the collection of red sleeveless dresses?" I asked politely. She smiled and lead me through a maze if aisles. I thanked her and was off on my search. I pulled out the first one. It was blood red with some giant bows on the bottom. I pulled out the next one. And the one after that. I went through five dresses before I landed on something that caught my eye.

It was an Orange red strapless  gown with a rhinestoned bodice and a hi-lo skirt. I yanked it from the rack and placed it on my arm. I went through the whole rack and headed towards the blood reds. My hand laid on a floor length evening gown with an asymmetrical strap and a plunging sweetheart neckline. I stole it from the hanger and went into a changing room. Both of them looked just breathtaking on me. I could decide.

"Rem!!!!! I need your help I look really hot in both of these." I called out for her.  I stepped out in the hi-lo one first.

"Wow you look amazing. Turn around." I obliged. "You can see panty lines but that's okay. Lemme see the next one." I stepped back in the fitting room and did as she asked. I stepped out in the blood red one.

"Oh wow Chantel. You look gorgeous. Red is your color. Turn around." I did as I was told. "Once again panty lines. That's okay. We can swing by PINK when were done here. I think you should get that one." She confessed. I thanked her and got back into my regular clothes. We paid for the dresses and got back in the mini cooper. My phone vibrated in my purse declaring I had a call. I pressed answer and pressed it to my ear.

"Hullo."

"How's dress shopping going?" Jared's voice filled my ear and I couldn't help but smile. Remie drove her way to the mall and we got out trying our best not to get wet by the rain.

"It's going good. We're at the mall now. I got a blood red dress."

"Won't it look weird with your pink hair?"

"Don't worry I'll take care of that tonight. I gotta go. I'll call you when I get home. We're taking my car tomorrow."

"Okay. Bye Telly. I love you."

"I love you too."

I hung up just as we walked into Victoria Secret. I immediately asked to get fitted for a bra. After many different sizes they presented me with a size. "32 triple D. OMG ur bigger than me!" Remie giggled. I picked out a strapless demi bra and a black lace convertible bra. Remie jammed a dark red lacy thong in my hand. I looked up at her like she was crazy. "No panty lines remember.."

" We are a mess."

"What are you gonna do with your hair. The pink and red won't look right." She reminded me. I smirked and paid for the ridiculous lingerie. After a few hours she drove me home. "I'll see you tomorrow kid." She cheered as she kissed my cheek again.

I made my way to my room and placed the bags down on my floor. I checked my phone which read 9:17. I placed it in my back pocket and shrugged my jacket off. I walked into my kitchen and washed my hair in the sink. I followed the instructions to the dark brown hair dye carefully.  About a half hour later I washed it out and used the ombre kit as well. Another half hour later I washed that out as well and blew dry my hair. I was satisfied with my new look.

(Long chapter. The next one will most likely be short and will be up in a few hours. I really like this chapter. I hope u enjoy it. By the way I'm changing the location of NYC to Seattle. Just cause. Okay. BYEEEEEEE!!!!xxx)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
90.4M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
165K 4.8K 65
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.2M 54.4K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC