The Lost Ones // Cameron Dall...

By SincvrelyShae

In which a girl who has faced many struggles in her life meets a guy that helps her love again. Copyrights @... More

Prologue;
Chapter 1: Progress
Chapter 2: The Call
Chapter 3: Bad Idea
Chapter 4: Special
Chapter 5: Something New
Chapter 6: Nuclear Bomb
Chapter 7: Hopeless
Chapter 8: Placid
Chapter 9: Numbing Pain
Chapter 10: Confliction
Chapter 11: Prayers
Chapter 13: Placid
Chapter 14: Serene
Chapter 15: Bliss
Chapter 16: Secrets
FEEDBACK
Chapter 17: Inexplicable
Chapter 18: Shocking
Chapter 19: Missing You
Chapter 20: Wanted
Chapter 21: Madness
Chapter 22: Consistent
Chapter 23: Safe Haven
Chapter 24: Decisions
Chapter 25: Letting It All Out
Chapter 26: Relief
Chapter 27: Special Occasions
Chapter 28: Free?
Chapter 29: Warrior
Chapter 30: Shock
Chapter 31: Astounded
Chapter 32: Blessing
IMPORTANT UPDATE!
Chapter 33: Big Question
Chapter 34: Official
Epilogue

Chapter 12: Inevitable

4.8K 112 11
By SincvrelyShae

"Cameron, I don't need to stay here, my house is safe I just have to clean up." I exhaled, standing by the doorframe of his bedroom.

"I sent a carpet cleaner to your house to clean up the carpet. I don't want you going to your house, seeing the mess and then freaking out again." Cameron elucidated, plopping down on his bed, bouncing up and down from the contact.

I sighed loudly and rolled my eyes, "I just wanna go home.." I muttered.

"You'll be able to go home tomorrow but as for today, you're staying with us." Cameron said sternly.

"I don't even have clothes." I complained, trying to make up an excuse.

"You could wear some of mine, I know you must wanna get in the shower."

He stood up from his position and over to his dresser. He rummaged through his clothes, pulling out a pair of sweats and a black v-neck, "Here, you can wear this. I think it'll fit." He smiled, handing me the clothing.

"What about underwear or a bra?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and my voice slightly.

Cameron licked his lips and nodded, "I'll stop by your house now and go get it."

"I'll go with you!" I exclaimed.

Cameron chuckled, "The whole point of you staying here is so you don't have to go home to that mess."

I leaned my head back in frustration, "I don't want you picking out my underwear and bra, that's creepy."

Cameron laughed, "I've seen a bra and underwear before, stop overreacting and relax." He grabbed his phone, "I'll be back in a little and I'll pick up dinner. You can lay in my bed and if you need anything, Nash is in the other room. Alright?"

I pursed my lips to the side, turning my head to the side and crossing my arms over my chest, "Fine." I groaned.

Cameron smiled, "Don't look like that." He mocked me from yesterday.

"Like what?" I played along, looking at him.

"Upset." A sly smirk formed on his lips.

I laughed and shook my head, "You're annoying." I walked towards his bed and sat down. I rested my hands on my lap and looked around for the remote.

Cameron had already left so I couldn't ask him where it was. I searched around his room, not wanting to mess up his room.

"Where the hell.." I breathed, lifting up his comforter and looking under it.

"Looking for something?" I heard Nash ask from the doorway, causing me jump and gasped in fear.

"Jeez, you scared the hell out of me." I grabbed my chest, inhaling and exhaling quickly.

Nash laughed, "Sorry"

"It's fine but I was looking for the remote, I can't find I-" I stopped once I saw the remote in Nash's hand, he was wiggling it in his fingers.

"You had it?" I asked, walking towards him.

He shook his head, "Nope, it was right there." He pointed to his dresser next to the door.

I huffed at myself, "Of course." I took it from his hands, "Thank you." I smiled slightly.

He nodded, "You need anything?" He questioned.

I sighed, "Not that you could give me, no." I lifted my arms then let them fall limp and slap against my legs.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Could you give me a new brain or even better a new life?" I rhetorically asked.

He shook his head, "Oh" he breathed, looking down at his feet.

"Yeah" I dragged out, pulling my lips in my mouth, letting them fall back to normal slowly.

"I don't know about a new brain but I know Cameron can help you with a new life." He raised his eyebrows happily.

I furrowed my eyebrows, not quite sure what he meant. He grinned, "Cameron cares a lot about you. He wants to help you get better and be happy but he feels as if he can't because you're not allowing him to. You're blocking him out but he's not backing down just yet and I think you know that." He explained, using different hand gestures and facial expressions as he talked.

I sat down on the bed, my head lowered and my eyes closed, "It's not as easy as you guys are trying to make it out to be. I can't just spill out my most personal feelings with him because who knows how he'll react to it." I said lowly, holding back my tears.

"What did you do? Kill somebody?" Nash joked but I could sense he was also kind of serious.

"No I didn't kill anybody. It's not what I did, it's what I went through." I insinuated, still not making eye contact.

"Was it a bad relationship? Because I can assure Cam wouldn't d-"

"No, it wasn't a relationship in that way. I-it was family problems." I confessed.

"Emelia, just tell him about it. He'll understand, I promise." Nash urged me before leaving the room.

I exhaled deeply and loudly, laying back on the bed. I grabbed the nearest pillow and screamed into it, flailing my legs up and down. This is so difficult.

About an hour later, I somehow managed to sleep peacefully for once in months. I opened my eyes and looked around at my surroundings. I was curled up in Cameron's bed, hugging one of his pillows tightly. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I stood up and made my way out the room and down the stairs.

"Hey, you're awake!" Cameron smiled wide, looking up at me from the couch.

"Hey.." I sighed, covering my mouth because I knew my breath smelt bad.

"Oh, I brought a bunch of your essentials here." He jumped up and walked towards the stairs.

He handed me a backpack full of stuff. A chuckled escaped from my lips, "I'm only staying here for the night you know." I raised my eyebrow, looking in the bag.

The bag was full of clothes like pants, shorts, shirts, bras, underwear and socks. My bottle of bodywash, shampoo and condition was pushed in there as well. There was also a ziplock bag with my toothbrush and toothpaste in it.

"I know but I don't know what you may wanna wear so I just picked out some things." He shrugged, smiling sweetly.

"Thank you." I looked at him, making slight eye contact.

"So I ordered a pizza, it should be here soon. We can watch a movie up in my room if you'd like." He suggested.

"I'm gonna take a shower first but yeah, sure." I agreed.

"Oh right. Go ahead and get cleaned up, I'll set everything up for us."

I nodded and spun around on the heels of my feet and jogged up the stairs, taking two at a time. I walked into the bathroom, closing and locking it behind me. I sat the bag down on the counter and pulled out some things from inside.

There were a pair of Capri Victoria Secret red sweats and a black tank top. I grabbed a pair of black boy short underwear and a black sports bra. I giggled at his selection, it was actually really good.

After I got out the shower, I changed into my new clothes and a pair of black ankle socks. I dried my hair with the towel Cameron packed for me and threw it up into a messy bun. My hair was pretty thick and full so it would dry quickly. I put my stuff away and walked out the bathroom and into Cameron's room.

Cameron was setting up his laptop on his desk, the aroma of pizza filled the room. I let my bag fall out my hands and lay against the wall near the door. The noise made Cameron turn around instantly.

"Oh hey, I have your food." He smiled welcomingly.

I walked over to him and sat down on the bed, taking the plate of pizza off the desk. Two pieces of pepperoni pizza laid on the black glass plate, making my stomach growl even more.

"Someone's hungry." Cameron commented, hearing my stomach.

I blushed embarrassed and bit into my pizza. It was so good, but then again anything would be good due to the fact I haven't eaten anything all day. Not that I wasn't offered, I just didn't have an appetite earlier.

"So, did I do good on the clothes?" He asked, spinning around on his black swivel chair to face me, his plate of pizza on his lap.

I nodded and chuckled, "Yeah, impressively well."

He sighed in relief, "Good because I had no idea what to pick out, I just grabbed some things and put them in the bag." He admitted.

I smiled and looked down at my food, "No, you did good. Thank you."

"It was no problem. I got good news though!" He said happily, "The carpet cleaner was able to make it already and your carpet is good as new."

I raised my eyebrows, "Cool, so I can go home?" I asked.

He bit his lip, "I mean yeah but I'd feel a lot better if you stayed here just for the night. You can have the bed and I'll sleep on the couch."

I slightly pursed lips to the side, "Since I'm already here, I guess." I shrugged, "But I don't think you should sleep on the couch, it's your bed."

He shook his head, "It's fine. I seen how comfortable and peaceful you were earlier and it looked like you needed it. I want you to be as comfortable as possible." He smiled.

I couldn't help but smile, "Why are you so sweet to me? You barely know me." I inquired.

"You're right, I do barely know you but I can tell you need somebody and I'm more than willing to be that somebody." He said sincerely.

I was almost dumbfounded by his response. Everything about Cameron was so quaint to me. I wasn't use to his sweet nature whatsoever so I didn't know how to respond to it. I licked my lips and raised my eyebrows, huffing in surprise.

"Wow." I said in hushed tone.

He chuckled, wiping his mouth after taking a bit of his food and swallowing it, "What?" He asked.

"I'm just not..use to this at all." I emphasized 'at all'

"What do you mean?" He questioned, shifting in his seat.

"You're just such a sweet person to me and that's not something I've had in awhile. It's refreshing but just so unusual, I don't know how to respond." I explained, playing with a piece of pepperoni on my untouched pizza.

"Whoever hurt you in the past was an idiot. You don't deserve that whatsoever, you deserve someone who will love for unconditionally and be there for you." He smiled, leaning back in his chair.

"See, I don't know how to respond to that." I laughed, pointing at him with my hand.

"You don't have to respond, just let it soak in." He chuckled.

I nodded and took a bite of my last piece of pizza. No matter how much I ate, I couldn't fight this feeling in the pit of my stomach. It wasn't a hunger feeling, it was an unexplainable feeling that flowed through my stomach.

"So, you know how you made the point that I barely know you?" Cameron started.

I nodded, "Yeah.." I trailed off, not knowing where he was going with his comment.

"How about we play a game of 21 questions, but, we don't have to ask all 21 questions right now or tomorrow or the next day. We ask when the timing is right and we have to honest about it." He suggested.

I crinkled my eyebrows together, "I mean, I guess." I shrugged.

"Alright, sounds like a plan." He smiled, turning his attention back to his laptop.

Oh boy, I knew what he was gonna ask me but I knew that it was an inevitable topic and I'd have to talk about it sooner or later...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 35 15
Sam has everything figured out. she gets perfect grades, has a perfect boyfriend, tons of friends and being a Junior in high school she's figuring o...
97.7K 2.3K 30
When it all comes crashing down, she runs away, going nowhere in particular but hoping for a better life. Her life is chaotic, but maybe he will take...
3K 210 48
I'm not good at descriptions JUST READ IT PS: if you want to take anything from this story, you won't be dealing with me. You will be dealing with t...
88.6K 1.8K 23
in which the boy next door falls in love with a lonely girl, only to realize it might already be too late for them. {CONTENT WARNING⚠️ contai...