A Wolf's Tale (Book #1) The S...

By 15thSoccerGirl

He turned and began to pad away, only to stop to hear a cackle. "Oh, aren't you clever. Yes, I suppose you ar... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36

Chapter 35

80 11 18
By 15thSoccerGirl

***WARNING***
There's blood, disturbing scenes, read at your own risk!!!!!

Am I dead?!

Alarmed, Rascal frantically spun in circles. The roar of battle was gone, replaced with the peaceful sounds of running water and singing birds. His wounds healed, and the stench of blood had completely dissipated. All was calm.

His eyes trailed every rock, every meadow, and tree in sight.

"Where am I?" He whispered.

"You're in Heaven." A deep voice replied.

Rascal whipped around. Two familiar shapes sparkled as they padded towards him. Rascal caught his breath.

Ma!!

Father!!!

He rushed over. He was met with soft gentle licks on his head. He pulled away to gaze at them.

Maple was restored to youth. Her hip bones no longer jutting out. The gleam in her blue eyes was stronger than ever. There wasn't a trace of the illness that killed her.

Copper looked as happy as ever. His red-gold pelt glowing like the sun. His green eyes twinkled.

Rascal couldn't believe his eyes. He instantly collapsed to the soft meadow ground. "I've failed." He murmured.

His parents weaved around him. Copper stopped in front of his son, looking him in the eyes. "No, you haven't."

His mother pressed her pelt against his. "You've always made us so proud. And we love you deeply."

Rascal lifted his head. Eyes full of tears. "Aren't you angry? You're own father took your life." He flattened his ears. "How could you ever forgive him?"

Copper took a step back. "Life's too short to carry on with hate. In the end, cruelty and violence aren't worth it."

Rascal looked down at his paws. "But what do I do now? Humans may kill everyone and take the forest."

Maple leaned down to his ear. "They need a leader. They need you."

"We won't ever leave your side. Not for a minute." Copper's eyes softened. "You're our son, and we'll always be with you." He leaned down and touched his muzzle to Rascal's head. "Go on; finish the battle. Take back what belongs to the Packs. Lead them, Rascal."

Rascal felt a blinding light wash over him, then a moment of silence.

~•~•~•~

Rascal opened his eyes and gasped. Air found its way back to his lungs. The sound of battle rang in his ears. The smell of blood reached his nose.

He found himself in a puddle of his own blood. He pushed up to stand and noticed four dogs clustered around something nearby.

Then he remembered.

Jumper!!!

He took off in their direction. The dogs were mauling the brown wolf. Rascal tore them away from his friend.

The dogs barked and fought him head on. Rascal kicked, bit, sliced and slashed. The dogs dropped dead.

Rascal crouched beside Jumper. The brown wolf was bleeding heavily everywhere. Rascal tried to patch the wounds. Scarlet liquid ran through his fur. The blood didn't slow at all.

A gurgling noise came from Jumper. And he raised his head weakly.

"Never let her go. Wolves like Misty are hard to find. She's s-s-something special." Jumper rasped.

Rascal noticed the brown wolf's eyes were filled with tears. He wasn't sure what to say.

"T-take c-care of her for me." Jumper's voice cracked.

Rascal nodded. "Promise."

"Jumper?"

Confusion passed over Misty's face. She noticed her friend's state and hurried to his side. She sank to her knees and stared at Jumper with fear written in her eyes.

He offered a weak smile, blood running out of his mouth down to his chin. "Hey, Mist."

Her eyes widened, ears drooping. Jumper reached out and tenderly touched a shaky paw to one of hers. The happiness in his face looked forced. He refused to cry, and let her see how terrified he was.

"J-Jumper..." Misty's voice trailed off. She pressed a paw against his cheek, feeling the stickiness of his blood touch her pad.

"Shh." He whispered. He flattened his ears. "It'll be alright. Don't cry, Misty." His deep voice was strained.

She closed her eyes and lowered her head. Tears rolled down her cheeks and fell. Jumper tried to force himself to sit up despite the hot pain in his body. He let out a breath through his teeth and flopped back down. Misty sobbed harder, seeing the wounds. Raw skin was showing through his fur. Gnawed bits of flesh were chewed on. Blood streaks rippled in his lovely dark pelt.

Jumper closed his eyes, his breathing becoming heavier. "I'll be okay." His voice and heart broke.

Misty whimpered, her lip trembling, and cuddled up to her best friend's side, allowing him to rest his chin on her head for a final time. Her crying made her body tremble.

"You'll be fine," Jumper felt his breaths getting shorter. "Sometimes, broken things can't be fixed."

Misty held him closer, feeling his heart grow slower with each beat until a soft sigh escaped his blood-stained lips.

Misty trembled and cried harder. She threw her head back and howled. A long, mournful howl that racked her sobs. She buried her face in his fur, crying, screaming, calling his name.

Rascal couldn't stop his emotions. Tears rolled down his cheeks, into the stained fur of Jumper.

He touched his nose to Jumper's shoulder.

Sleep well, my friend.

Rascal pressed his pelt to Misty's for a heartbeat, then raced back into battle. He fought as bravely as ever, feeling his parents' spirits.

He flung aside dogs. Digging his fangs deeply into the shoulder of one, he pinned it to the ground and began to twist.

It shrieked, yelping painfully. Something rammed into Rascal's side. He tumbled over and recovered to see a huge dog charging towards him.

That's the biggest dog I've ever seen!!

Rascal knew what he'd do. He waited until the dog was on top of him, then darted away quickly.

The dog turned its head. Rascal began his favorite tactic. Running circles around the creature, he ran through the move one more time in his head.

The dog growled and tried to lash out at him. It missed every time. Howling with frustration.

Now!!

Rascal went in for the kill, he dodged the flying paws and clamped his muzzle around its neck.

It coughed, trying to shake him off. Blood met Rascal's taste-buds, so he bit down harder.

The dog sunk to its knees. It squeaked pitifully and dropped.

Rascal stepped back and surveyed his kill. A Mortal waved its arms frantically and shouted something Rascal couldn't understand.

The humans began picking up their fallen companions and heading out the way they came. Their dogs followed, tail between their legs.

I can't believe it!!!

Relief washed over Rascal. He collapsed in a puddle of rain. His heart thumped wildly until he was certain it would leap out of his chest.

A cheek nuzzled his. He glanced up into light green eyes. Misty pressed against him, her tear-stained face rising with joy. They sat forehead to forehead, staring into each other's eyes.

Wolves howled and leaped into the air. Moondancer and the other pups squealed with delight.

Blossom and Fern looked at each other in amazement.

Tyrant and Howler nodded to each other. The Stone Hollow leader came over to Rascal and took a deep breath.

"Thank you. Without you, our forest may have been lost." He dipped his head and gathered with some of his Packmates.

Tyrant gazed at Rascal. "Well done."

Rascal and Misty looked at each other. The love in the she-wolf's eyes made Rascal's heart flutter.

He looked away quickly. Staring at the Packs. Howler was rounding up his wolves to leave. Skylark was among them.

Rascal watched as they all filed out back to their territory.

"Let's go home." Rascal wrapped his tail around Misty. Flame Woods Pack all clustered together to go home.

Home......Where I belong.....

Thanks a bundle for reading!!! One more chapter!!! 😭 then the story ends.....

Sincerely,
15thSoccerGirl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 14.3K 72
The girl with no wolf. An extra mouth to feed. A liability. A defenseless miscreation. Seraphina had heard it all. She had felt it all too. The bon...
3.2M 23K 5
Excerpt only: I quickly run in their direction as my claws elongate into fierce points. I watch as a man in all black strikes down and kills one of...
534K 13.6K 39
"YOU ARE MINE" Blake said. He had his arm around my neck preventing me from escaping. "Get off me you psycho!" I shouted while struggling to get free...
6.9K 1.3K 72
"I..." "Stop it!" he shouts, stopping me in mid sentence "I hate you." "B-But why? Why do you hate me?" "Oh! You know the reason." "If I would've...