Infinite Realms: Porcelain He...

By Once_Upon_A_Glade

[Completed - Second book of the Infinite Realms series] At Least I Have You - First Book Of The Infinite Rea... More

Part I: Chapter 1 - If I Died, We'd Be Together
Chapter 2 - Hazy and Spun Out
Chapter 3 - Waking Up In Different Spaces
Chapter 4 - I'm Out Here On The Other Side
Chapter 5 - Mayday, Situation Overload
Chapter 6 - Ditch the Predictability
Chapter 7 - Tell Me What We're Fighting For
Chapter 8 - Before We Started, It Was Over
Chapter 9 - Porcelain Hearts
Chapter 11 - Destined for Danger
Part II: Chapter 12 - Cross Fire That You Can't Ignore
Chapter 13 - Bullet Through a Flock of Doves
Chapter 14 - Is This Taboo?
Chapter 15 - Give Me a Reason to Believe
Chapter 16 - Runaway Scars
Chapter 17 - Another Lost Soul Like Me
Chapter 18 - We Are So Far From You
Chapter 19 - Eyes Vacant and Stained
Chapter 20 - Sick Little Games
Chapter 21 - Classic Case of Foolish, Young, and In Love
Chapter 22 - This Is Not the Last of Us
Part III: Chapter 23 - This Was No Accident...
Chapter 24 - The Hardest Part Of This Is Leaving You
Chapter 25 - After The End
Chapter 26 - The Final Deal
Chapter 27 - At Least I Have You
Extra Chapters: Catherine
Author's Note I: Other Books

Chapter 10 - Twilight Moments With You

959 52 18
By Once_Upon_A_Glade

A/N: If you forgot, (A/N) is now Angela.

Previously:
- In the Rosewood Institute, (Y/N) made a friend and her name is Anya
- She contemplates if she should still escape or stay
- She also wonders if Newt is already in the same realm as her
- John came to the motel
- He didn't know that he already met Newt and that he was close to the people he was trying to find

Chapter 10 - Twilight Moments With You

10:00pm

Catherine was asleep, but Angela couldn't bring herself to shut her eyes. The events of the day still couldn't sit with her. It still sounds crazy. She wondered how could Catherine sleep well. Both she and Thomas explained the same things that James told them. How could she accept things so easily? How could she sleep so soundly?

Angela couldn't take it anymore. She needed to take a walk. She needed some air. Wearing her shoes and taking her jacket, she left a note for Catherine in case she wake up without her there. Then she quietly left the room and went to the porch. (Much to the disappointment of the receptionist who was about to go there too.)

To Angela's surprise, she wasn't alone. Thomas was out there sitting on a bench, an unlit cigarette in his hands. Meaning that the mist coming out of Thomas's mouth wasn't because he was smoking. He was staring at the stars and didn't notice that it was Angela who came out.

Angela took her seat right beside Thomas. That was when he realized it was her. They didn't talk for a moment but just enjoyed each other's company. She curled up against his body and he wrapped his arm around her. She liked how they were both acting. Thomas did too. It was as if everything was normal. It's just been one day and she already missed normal.

It feels like they were just on another family vacation for a moment. The reason why Thomas and Angela became friends in the first place was because of their families. They also went to the same school which is where they first met. They used to be really close, but work has separated them. Still, when they reunite, it was as if time never passed.

"You know," Thomas said after a while, "Newt thought we were married. I had to tell him that we were just best friends."

Angela laughed. "You shouldn't have told him we weren't so that we could continue messing with him."

"For how long though? How long do you think he'll stay here?"

Angela shrugged. "For the rest of his life?" But he died so then...maybe...what? Angela shook her head. "I don't want to think about it yet. My head hurts when I do."

"I should've driven if you weren't feeling well."

"No, I was fine earlier. It just hurts when I think about this."

Thomas takes out the cigarette stick and was about to light it up, until Angela swiped it. "Don't want Catherine or Newt to smell that."

Thomas didn't really care if Newt did, but he did care if Catherine did. Catherine knew that Thomas would smoke but he's been scolded about it for some time because he'd smoke too much. Angela was part of the team that would try to keep a close eye on Thomas.

"Does it help?" Angela found herself asking. She may have had a habit of drinking but she never tried smoking. Quite the opposite with Thomas.

"Sometimes," Thomas shrugged.

Angela looked again at the sky filled with stars. "Doesn't this remind you of our last family vacation? Before my parents died?"

Thomas didn't expect Angela to mention her parents out of the blue. They died four years ago. Their last family vacation together was when both Angela and Thomas were nineteen, five years ago. Every summer, they would go to Angela's family beach house. Sometimes the Sangsters would come and sometimes they won't, but Thomas always comes until they hit their early teens and he got busy with being an actor.

Although this motel they were in was far from a beach, the night held the same memory. Angela couldn't sleep that night too, so she decided to go for a walk. She was surprised to see Thomas there lying on the sand. She sat beside him and ended up in the same position that they are in now. The two didn't talk that night, but just stared at the stars until they felt tired.

That was the last time the two of them were together like this. So many things happened in between like Angela's parent's death and Thomas's job and her job. Of course, she and Thomas still met up after that but both their jobs kept them apart and busy.

"I missed this," Thomas admitted.

"Maybe we could have more nights like this after this fiasco."

"I'd like that," he smiled. "It would be nice to go on vacation again with you."

"You already spent months with me filming The Maze Runner."

"Yeah, but that was work. I want to relax and have fun with you again."

"That does sound nice."

In the corner of her eye, Angela saw the receptionist spying on them. A smile formed on Angela's lips. That girl has had the eye on Thomas and Newt since they checked in.

"You know, that receptionist is pretty cute," she teased Thomas.

"Twenty-five years I've known you and I never knew you were into girls."

"Not me," she playfully smacked him, "you."

"No. Not her," he shook his head.

"You're so picky."

"No I'm not. It's just that I have my eye on someone already."

Angela was intrigued. This was the first time she's heard of Thomas liking someone. Their entire childhood, Thomas listened while Angela would tell him about the boy she likes. He'd always offer to talk to him for her but she refuses. When she'd ask Thomas if he liked someone, he always says no and that the girls his age thinks that he's too young when he's just their age.

"Who is it?" She pushed her face close to his.

"No one you know," he pushed her face away, trying to hide the blush on his cheeks.

"Fine," she decided not to pry. Thomas was always so shy and a little secretive. "But I'll be keeping an eye on this mystery girl, whoever she may be."

"Go ahead and try." He knew that she wouldn't figure out who it was. "But what about you? I haven't heard you talk about boys since high school."

"Because I realized they aren't my top priority anymore. But I did have an eye on one boy for a while."

"Who is it?"

"You."

Thomas was shocked. Did she just... Was that-

"Someone has to watch over you," she laughed.

Oh, that's what she meant.

"What do you mean me? You're the one who hit Newt," he joked.

"I didn't bloody hit him you prat," she hissed. Thomas chuckled. Her accent and old slang would always come out when she's annoyed.

Angela found herself yawning and realized it was time to sleep. They had a big day ahead of them. She got out of Thomas's arms much to his dismay and stood up.

"I should go to sleep now. Thanks for the company Thomas," she patted his head.

"I'll go with you. I shouldn't probably sleep too."

"Alright."

"But I need you to do something for me to get the receptionist off my back."

Both Angela and Thomas entered the lobby with entwined hands, making sure the receptionist could see. Knowing that her eyes were still on the two of them, Thomas decided to give Angela a quick peck on the cheek. Angela smiled and laughed, thinking it was a friendly kiss since they've done that when they were kids. She stood on her toes and kisses Thomas's cheek too which caught him off guard.

Just when the two of them were going to their separate rooms, they heard a thud in Thomas's room. Thomas opened the door and the two of them saw Newt tossing and writhing on the floor.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.7K 3K 41
[COMPLETED: First book of the Infinite Realms series] - Do you think that this world we live in is the only one there is? That's what (Y/N) used to...
1.5K 76 16
They finally got to the safe haven. Fortunately, Newt survived and Teresa survived. Thomas starts acting stranger and more distant every day. He gets...
515 7 31
Serendipity: (n.) finding something good without looking for it. "She is like being bathed in the sunlight." Maylin is put in the maze as the first...
3.6K 131 27
𝕀 𝕨𝕒π•₯𝕔𝕙 𝕒𝕀 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 π•’π•£π• π•¦π•Ÿπ•• π•žπ•– π•”π•£π•¦π•žπ•“π•π•–π•€. π”½π•šπ•£π•– π•šπ•€ 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣π•ͺ𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 π•’π•Ÿπ•• π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•”π•šπ•₯π•ͺ π•šπ•€ π•—π•’π•π•π•šπ•ŸοΏ½...