The Prince's Hired Girlfriend

By ladyhushy

"Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! Who are you? What are you doing in my bed?! Oh my God aaaaaaahhhhh! What did you do to m... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64

Chapter 49

646 26 3
By ladyhushy

Mona woke up feeling really sick. She has been feeling sick lately. Dane told her it's probably because she has been killing herself with work and she's not eating properly and regularly. She just lost her appetite since she came back from Mykonos. She lost her appetite not just in eating but in everything. She felt numb and she lost hope and faith in life. She is thankful for Dane because since that lunch they had, they became closer and her nightmares are starting to go away. Dane has been sleeping beside her since then. She told her everything - all her pains and of course, her nightmares. She became her rock, just like the old times.

No matter what she does, she can't stop thinking about Harry and how he abandoned her just like that. For more than a month, he never attempted to contact her. Eventhough she has accepted that she lost him that day, it still hurts her so bad because some of Harry's promises when they were still together kept on echoing in her head. I love you so much my Moonlight. I will never let anything nor anyone, not even my mother, come between us. I promise you that. These ones, especially.

Mona got up to get out of bed but laid back again when she felt drowsy. Today, she just feels really sick. She heard a slight knock on her door before it opened to reveal Dane. She's holding a glass of water and a small tablet.

"Here, take this." Dane said before handing her the small tablet and the glass of water.

"I asked Monica to prepare chicken soup for you. You need to start eating properly lovey. I think the only time that you ate proper food was the other day when we had lunch at the restaurant. This is not good for you. You make me worry so much. I don't want you to get sick like this again. Pleasee..." Dane added, worry in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Dane. I'll try, okay? I just don't have the appetite even if I wanted to."

"Just force yourself, okay? Your appetite will come back once your stomach will get used to proper food again. All you fed it is milk teas."

Their conversation got interrupted by Mary's knock on the door.

"Miss Moonlight, you have a visitor. He's waiting at the living room."

Mona got up immediately from her bed. All of a sudden she felt her energy. When she heard Mary said "he", her heartbeat raced.

"Dane, it's Harry! He's here!" She excitedly said before running outside her room, heading to the living room.

"Uh Miss Moonlight, it's..." Mary wasn't able to finish because Mona was already out of their sight, which worried Dane so much so she ran after her.

"Harry..."

"Hey gorgeous one! Surprised?"

"Oh my God! Alex! What are you doing here? Oh my...I'm a mess. Let me go change. I'll be ri..." Mona wasn't able to finish when she felt Alex hand on one of her arms to stop her from leaving.

"Stop. What are you talking about? You look perfect. You don't have to change for me!" He said in a teasing tone which made Mona laugh a little.

Something about Alex makes her feel relaxed. She is grateful for his friendship. His sweetness brings her some kind of peace but she knows how terrible she looks right now. Her hair is all over the place and she hasn't taken a shower nor wash her face yet. She hasn't even brushed her teeth yet and she's really embarrassed, not just because of how she looks but because she hoped again that he was Harry...that he has finally came to see her because he has forgiven her.

She felt drowsy again, so she sat down on the sofa. She told Alex to sit down too. Dane came in the living room. When she saw Alex, her shoulders slumped. She felt a kick in her heart because she knows how disappointed Mona is, because it wasn't Harry. Her anger towards Harry escalated again. He is the reason why her bestfriend is suffering right now and she can't forgive him for that.

"Hey Dane!" Alex greeted her when he saw her.

"Hey there Alex. This is a surprise." She answered, forcing a smile.

"Yeah. I was in the area so I decided to drop by and claim that promise that you'll hang out with me while I'm in town?" He said half laughing.

Mona just smiled but Alex can see that she's not well. He looked at her intently. She looks sick but she is still so beautiful. Her beauty mesmerised him. She's wearing a white tank top and a skimpy short which confirms that she just got out of bed and she looks so sexy in them. Her hair are all over the place, her nose looks red and her cheeks too. The simplicity made her look even more beautiful and looking at her made Alex's heart beats faster.

Dane noticed the way that Alex looks at Mona. Mona did not realize what she was wearing until Dane throw a fleece blanket on her. She covered the blanket to her body and pretended like she was feeling cold. Alex realized that he was already staring at her so he looked away and cleared his throat before speaking again.

"Are you ill?" He asked looking at Mona. Worry is in his eyes.

"Yeah. Probably just fatigue. Been working a lot lately." Mona answered with a weak smile.

"Did you go to a doctor for a check-up already? I mean...I can take you if you want...I mean Dane and I can take you." He said, feeling embarrassed.

"Nah. I just need to stay home and rest."

"Oh yeah? Well...can I stay? Maybe you guys would want to watch a movie or something. We can order pizza."

Mona looked at Dane and when she nodded, Mona smiled and looked at Alex again.

"I'd love that. You get to choose the first movie that we'll watch."

"Great! I'll order pizza." Dane said excitedly while Alex is smiling like an idiot because he is so happy that he gets to spend time with Mona...at her apartment.

Alex chose "Guardians of the Galaxy" because it's a funny movie and she wanted to hear Mona laugh. When Dane was done ordering pizza, he played the movie. They were having so much fun...laughing and giggling because of Groot and Drax. Mona's laughter were like music in Alex's ears. He had never heard such a beautiful laugh in his life and it warmed his heart.

When the pizza arrived, Dane stood up to get plates and cutleries. The maids already left because they were dismissed early today. Mona and Dane didn't know why but they were fine with it when they asked permission to leave. The two are used to not having maids when they were still in the Philippines so it isn't a problem at all without them now.

Mona started giggling and laughing again when Drax said something stupid to Peter. Alex looked at her and laughed with her. Mona felt like there's a shadow behind them and somebody's watching them so she turned her head. She froze when she saw the person behind them.

"Harry..." Mona immediately stood up, dropping the blanket that she was covering her body. Harry looked at her from head to toe and saw what she was wearing. He looked at Alex's direction, who is also as surprised as Mona.

Mona realized the situation that she was in and tried grabbing the blanket again. She looked at Harry again and she saw the hurt in his eyes. She didn't see any anger in them. It was just full of pain and regret and she didn't know what to say so she just waited for him to say something first...but he didn't. Instead, he turned his back and was about to leave when Mona stopped him.

"Please don't go."

"I'll come back some other time. I'm sorry for the intrusion."

And just like that...Mona's already broken heart breaks again.

***Don't forget to vote, comment, add this to your reading list, share to your friends and follow me for more upcoming stories. I am grateful for your support, loveys! ~Aireen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 7K 52
So this is the third book of 'The Bad Boy and The Nerd' trilogy and CAN be read as a stand alone. ALSO NOTE THIS BOOK DOES NOT PROMOTE THE USE OF DRU...
1.5M 70.9K 69
"What do you even need me for?" She asked , speaking into the darkness where she thought he was. "I do not need you." He answered her darkly. Even th...
722K 24.4K 32
Princess Lilyanne Blythe sneaks out to a party and has a one night stand. Assuming that was in the past, that one night stand stranger ends up living...
10K 342 10
It's time for the London Comic Con, you're surprising your 8 year old niece for her birthday by taking her to meet & greet with Joseph Quinn. It doe...