Possession

By Happyritas

Caelum Forest hated three things. 1. His birth name, Algol. It literally meant "Head of a Goat", or alternat... More

- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 10 -
- 11 -
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
- 17 -
- 18 -
- 19 -
- 20 -
- 21 -
- 22 -
- 23 -
- 24 -
- 25 -
- 26 -
- 27 -
- 28 -
- 29 -
- 30 -
- 31 -
- 32 -
- 33 -
- 34 -
- 35 -
- 36 -
- 37 -
- 38 -
- 39 -
- 40 -

- 12 -

194 21 11
By Happyritas

chapter twelve:

The winter break was actually refreshing for Caelum. He finished his work early, it was a lot, but it had only taken him a few days. He told his parents that there were more ‘decathlon practices’ at Ned’s house. His father didn't believe him at first, but after confirming it with Peter ― who consistently lied for him, and Caelum didn't even have to possess him to get it right ― his father didn't mind.

Caelum spent four whole days in the shop, racking up as many hours as he could before the start of the new year. Then, he would be reduced to only two, but Caelum found a solution for this.

There was a bar, a few buildings down from Caelum's apartment. The owner, Fred Hills, was a tough older man. Caelum proposed that he could come during the night and clean off the tables and sweep the floor. Mr. Hills agreed, and he would pay him twenty-five dollars every day he worked.

Caelum would slip out of his room after dinner, around eleven o’clock and head down to the bar. After consistently cleaning and sometimes helping to serve drinks when it got busy. He would finally be done around 4 or 4:30 in the morning.

Mr. Hills was a bit concerned for him, Caelum was a hard worker and He got the job done easily, but because of this, he wasn't getting much sleep. Caelum could compensate during the break by sleeping until nearly noon that next morning, but when school would come back around he wouldn't be able to do that anymore.

Caelum decided not to think about that and continued to work. He took off for Christmas, because his family would be out of town, but for the rest of the two weeks he either spent his time at the bar or at the shop.

Another downside from working at the bar was that it put a permanent end to his ‘Midnight Talks’ with Peter. Caelum claimed he didn't like them, but he also found it comforting to talk to someone for a few hours. To wind down and be himself. He wouldn't have that anymore, But it wasn't like he could give up his new job. Peter would have to be put aside in order for him to keep the money consistent. Then, he would have to visit Principal Davis less and he would be able to breathe.

It felt like the new year came too fast. Everyone was chattering, ‘New Year, New Me’, and making goals that they would never be able to fulfill. Caelum put his stuff in his locker, pulling out what he would need for his first couple periods.

Then, a skinny pale mass wrapped his arms around his neck, “Cael! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!” Caelum went stock still. He felt Peter's newly defined muscles press against his skin, his warmth leeching onto his own. Once again, certain things made an appearance when Caelum seriously wanted them not to.

He slowly moved Peter away, “Parker?” He said slowly, watching the elated boy curiously. Was he high? He had been smiling, but his eyes were narrowed in warning.

“He’s behind you, two lockers down. Ned’s distracting him, let's go,” Caelum didn't need to be told twice.

Caelum grabbed his bag and turned the other away, walking quickly down the hall, and past Principal Davis. “Thank you,” Caelum breathed, gripping his bag tight.

“That's what friends are for,” Peter nudged. They were about to ascend the staircase ― the same one Caelum pushed Peter down a few months ago ― when Ned rejoined them. His face was reddened from running, but he had a killer smile on his face. When they joined him, they began to walk again.

“Operation: Protect C is completed,” Ned announced.

Caelum rose an eyebrow, slightly annoyed, “'Protect C'?

“I thought of the name,” Peter grinned, and his annoyance instantly disappeared. “We can keep doing that, you know. Everyday, before and after school. We can distract him while you run.”

Caelum stared at Peter, both in awe and grateful. Caelum didn't know what to say at first. He opened his mouth to speak, but a different voice spoke. “Mister Forest.” It felt like ice grew up his spine. He didn't turn around, already knowing who was standing there. His anger could have lit a room on fire. “Surely, you didn't forget our meeting this morning.” The late bell rang, and it dragged him out of his daze.

Caelum turned to go with him, but Peter grabbed his arm, “Sorry Principal Davis. That's the bell, we really ought to be in class.” Before Caelum or the Principal could protest, Peter yanked him way. His force nearly sending Caelum off his feet as he ran for the other end of the school. They made it to their homeroom, Ned trailing behind them. Their teacher, Mrs. Dowdy, didn't look pleased at all.

Caelum stepped forward before she could demand a late slip. “I apologize for put tardiness, Mrs. Dowdy. We were held up in the office, I wanted to give the staff and all my favourite teachers late Christmas gifts.”

She rose an eyebrow, shocked and pleased, Caelum looked in her eyes and blinked.

He was now the older woman, flustered by Caelum's words. “Why, thank you. Go sit down, I'll speak with you after class.” Caelum blinked again, and regained his composure.

“Thank you, Mrs. Dowdy, I really appreciate it,” he moved to go sit down. Peter and Ned looked a bit surprised, but neither said a word.

The class of students watched the exchange, both confused and stunned. Mrs. Dowdy was known to be a harsh disciplinarian all throughout the school. The rumor that Caelum was in good graces with this woman would surely spark an uproar.

Ned leaned over to look at Caelum, “What just happened?” Ned asked as the class began. He was sitting on Peter’s right side. Caelum was on the end, and Peter was in the middle. Caelum shushed him lightly, not wanting to get in anymore trouble.

Peter spoke next, “What did you do to her?” Caelum wasn't expecting this question. Peter wasn't angry, he didn't think he was, at least. He just sounded confused, curious. Caelum straightened at the question.

“Nothing. I simply spoke,” Caelum replied. “If you keep speaking, you'll get us all in trouble. Now, both of you, hush!” That was the end of it. Peter and Ned dropped it, deciding that Caelum secretly had the entire faculty in his pocket ― which wasn't too far from the truth.

° · ° · ° · °

Principal Davis tried several times to grab Caelum, but Peter acted like a bodyguard and Ned a bouncer. He would talk to Principal Davis in public places so it made him look bad if he blew him off. Principal Davis was getting frustrated, anger blooming on his features, and Caelum didn't know whether to be amused, or terrified.

The end of the school day came. It was a Monday, so Caelum had track practice. Ned had to go home, but Peter offered to stay with him. Considering the day’s events and Principal Davis’ anger, Caelum didn't think it to be wise to ‘try him’.

Peter stood waiting in the gym watching as the track team ran their usual laps. It was still too cold and icy outside to run, but Coach Wilson wasn't letting that stop them. Caelum watched Peter, a part of him wanting to show off for the boy. Caelum ran fast, beating one of the fastest runners ― twice.

Coach Wilson was surprised, usually Caelum stayed behind, lagging and muttering under his breath. But, when Caelum truly gave it his all, he performed exponentially.

Caelum waited near the side, Coach Wilson shouting his praises, “Boy! Why don't you run like that everyday?”

Tired,” Caelum breathed, a little out of breathe. Coach Wilson checked his watch, it was going on 5:50 now.

“Let's do some stretches and then go home.” The others whooped, happy with the decision. Caelum moved to sit down and went through the various stretches they usually did.

Caelum went to the locker room, changed, and met Peter back outside. “Let's go out the back, he won't be able to see us.”

“I tried that. All of the other gates are locked after 3 PM,” Caelum said, grabbing his books. “The only exit is the front doors.” Peter didn't look happy. “You don't have to do this, Parker,” Caelum began to say, but the look on Peter's face made him stop.

“He's doing something to you,” Peter insisted. “It's not fair. If you would just let me―”

No!” The word was harsh, angry. Caelum couldn't afford to lose this scholarship. If he got Principal Davis sent to jail, the scholarship might not be the only thing he was losing. “Let's just go and. . . get this over with.” The tone of defeat was evident in his voice.

Peter wanted to say something else, but Caelum was already walking, and he kept walking. He and Peter walked past the front doors and nobody moved to stop him.

Caelum was shocked, but he didn't want go test it. Caelum and Peter hurried to the subway, and didn't stop until they were on the train and the doors closed.

“He didn't. . .” Caelum couldn't believe it. “He. . . didn't come.”

Yeah,” Peter breathed seemingly just as shocked.

A laugh bubbled in Caelum's throat until finally, he let it out. He doubled over, laughing, tears of relief and happiness streaming down his cheeks. The other people on the train gave him dirty looks, but Caelum couldn't help it.

Caelum couldn't remember a time when he felt this. . . jubilant. He felt as if he could jump over the clouds. God, he was so relieved.

Eventually, his stop came ― Caelum was going straight home, he didn't think he'd be able to work after the day's events. He and Peter walked to their apartment building, still happy. Peter seemed to be blazing with smiles and grins. Caelum could have kissed him. He wanted to, after all this. Avoiding Principal Davis for the day and getting to kiss Peter Parker?

It would truly be a match made in heaven.

° · ° · ° · °

He and Peter said goodbye, and Caelum started to go up to his apartment. He realized, strangely, that the door was unlocked.

Caelum opened it, and stepped inside. He took off his shoes, “Castor ― Pollux! You forgot to lock the door.” He smelt something strange, cooked meat? Maybe the boys reheated dinner from last night?

No, they had pasta last night. That didn't make sense.

He put his coat on the hook and stepped into the kitchen. He froze at the sight.

His father and mother, smiling and the boys sitting at the table, whispering to one another. They all turned when they saw him.

Including, Principal Davis.

° · ° · ° · ° · ° · ° · ° · ° · ° · ° · ° · ° · ° · ° · ° · ° · ° · °

Sorry for such a short chapter, but I promise there's a lot coming after this, do stay tuned?

Anyways, I just wanted to make a note because I'm thinking of taking a break through August and October, mostly because since I'm a senior now I have a lot of work that needs to be done, and that's pretty much doubled since I'm homeschooled too. College is coming up and although I would like to believe I'm on the right track, I know there are some things I definitely need to work on in the future.

(Along with a lot of personal things that I think may come up in the next few weeks that will seriously hinder my writing :c.)

Anyways, I just wanted to let y'all know, also, I wanted to say thank you! Although I mainly write and post on Wattpad, I definitely noticed a lot of popularity for this bill in particular on AO3 and FF.net. Thanks so much for your support, questions, votes, — tears, — comments, kudos, et cetera. I love reading them and replying to them and seeing you laugh and cry and react. It really makes my small world a little bigger :).

Okay, let me stop before I get teary. (No chick flick moments, amirite?)

I'll see y'all next time, and remember...

Don't melt~!
- Happyritas <OOO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.4K 25
❝ y-you just WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND! ❞ I snapped staring into my clenched fists ❝ What don't I understand peter?❞ Tony kept a concerned tone, never onc...
187K 5.9K 31
After Peter had been bitten by a spider and the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter became Spider-man. Living with his Aunt May, going to high school as a...
52K 1.5K 28
✅this story is complete✅ 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐰𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬. 𝐒𝐨 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞. 𝐈 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡...
26.5K 788 53
Nora Reynolds didn't ask anyone to save her. And yet, Tony Stark seems to be intent on doing so anyways, becoming her legal guardian after her father...