Fallen Angels (UNEDITED)

By oasis_soul

Completed - HAS NOT BEEN EDITED YET 24-year-old Avril Lexington believes nothing can make her happy despite... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII
LXXIII
LXXIV
LXXV
LXXVI
LXXVII
LXXVIII
LXXIX
LXXX
LXXXI
LXXXII
LXXXIII
LXXXIV
LXXXV
LXXXVI
LXXXVII
LXXXVIII
LXXXIX
XC
XCI
XCII
XCIII
XCIV
XCV
XCVI
XCVII
XCVIII
XCIX
C
Epilogue
Also By Iris

X

5.2K 171 19
By oasis_soul

The devil keeps on calling - I keep on falling down
My faith is crawling away. Trapped in the dark
You're my only light. It's me against the devil
~ The Relentless, Me Against The Devil

I place the cold bottle back on the counter before turning my attention towards the man beside me, he had offered to pay for the drink, but I had politely declined.

"What kind of photos should I try to get?" I study his face. The crooked smile he gives me whenever his eyes roam up my body or how the smell of cheap cologne and body odour surrounds me from the close proximity he creates when he leans towards me when he speaks. Maybe it's the fact it's not Erik I was doing business with that made me see Liam's flaws.

"The band interacting with the crowd, Olivia told them to be very interactive. Oh, and she said to video while you're at it." I keep the tone of my voice as neutral as I can and my gaze fixed on my bottle.

I've seen Liam's work and truth be told I could do better with my iPhone than he can do with his diploma and fancy camera. His work reminds me of preteen girls trying too hard.

In reality, Olivia should drop him and use his paycheck to advertise the band more, but yet here she is paying for sloppy work.

"I have work to do." I don't finish my drink as I leave the cash for it. Liam ruined the enjoyment of the cold beer.

I head to the makeshift backstage the bar was so kindly able to make for the two nights we would be here for and continue their soundcheck before the show. All five of them are not dressed for the show, but rather in the clothes they lounged around in for the greater part of the day.

Olivia sits by the exit that is propped open as she smokes her cigarette. I can see that she has her phone wedged between her chin and shoulder as she shakes some of the ashes off the cigarette. There's an annoyance etched on her face that has me curious.

I can feel my phone buzzing in the back pocket of the jeans I'm wearing. The name on the screen has me wanting to turn off my phone, but I fear for what might happen if I don't answer.

"Mom, she answered." I roll my eyes knowing very well my family has been trying to reach me since they found out Will and I weren't in Europe together. Thank you, Will, for posting vacation pictures on the first day you are in Europe. I can only assume they think we are on a break.

"Thank god, I thought she was out on a bender again."

"Mom I've never been out on a bender." I rub my forehead, this woman is insane.

"So why aren't you answering me? Did you and Will have a fight and is that why he is with some skank?" I'm really starting to regret this conversation. I can feel it heading south.

"I've been a bit busy mom, I've taken on a new job..." I wait for her comment, scared of what she might say or do.

"Oh?" Growing up with her, I know when she says oh, it's because she's waiting for you to explain yourself; whether that be filling in the hole you created or digging your grave.

"Will and I broke up, I quit my job and I'm on the road." I know Will fired me, but he doesn't have the opportunity to run away from his problems like I did. He will have to face both our parents when he comes back from his trip abroad.

I couldn't make it harder on him, plus both our parents expect me to be the wild one.

"Avril Lynn Lexington! What do you mean you broke up and quit your job..." I hold the phone away from my ear as I know she will be ranting for a bit, Marcus taught me this after I got my first detention because of him.

"Who are you talking to?" I cringe as Devon comes towards me and I can hear my mother stop talking.

Fuck.

"Avril who is that?" Her voice is steady, but I can hear the slight wavering in it. She's mad.

Good.

"Someone."

"Avirl you tell me where you are right now. Your father and I are coming to get you." I can hear rustling in the background and voices belonging to my father and brother.

"No mom. You can't make me, I'm not your puppet." I feel a sudden rush of confidence as my eyes catch Erik's. He's shirtless and sweating like he was the first time I saw him perform. He gives me a devilishness smirk when he notices me staring.

"What did you just say to me?" I've never heard my mother so shocked or offended in all the twenty-four years of my life.

"You heard me puppetmaster, I'm cutting the strings. From now on this is my life and I make the choices." I don't wait for her response as I end the call. The rush I'm feeling right now is unexplainable, I stood up to my mother. I hung up on my mother.

"What was that about?" Devon has a concerned look on his face, he places a steady hand on my shoulder as I can feel the adrenaline running through me.

I could run a marathon.

"Didn't think you had it in you Ray, to be a bitch." I raise an eyebrow at the sweaty, tattooed rock star in front of me. His hair is slicked back with sweat and tiny droplets run down the side of his face, following his perfectly sculpted jawline.

"There's a lot you don't know." I look at him through the fake lashes I had applied when Scarlett and I were getting ready earlier. I can see the smirk working its way back onto his face.

He motions his head for Devon to leave, but I don't take my eyes off him to see whether or not Devon left, but I no longer feel his hand on my shoulder. My eyes are held captive by his and I have no desire to break the hold he has on me.

"You look good tonight." I watch as his eyes roam my body much like Liam's did before, but I don't feel annoyance when Erik does it. His eyes stick on my chest for a split second longer before meeting my eyes once again. "You'll have the guys around here begging."

He gives me one last smirk before turning his back on me, "Ray, meet me after the show."

He leaves me standing by the crates and boxes, confused as hell.

Maybe he is the devil.

I decide to sit with the crowd, but what I hadn't intended for was Liam. I really thought he had gotten the idea when I left a full beer I had just ordered on the counter.

"That top is so sexy on you with that cut out." I zip my jacket up as I try to avoid him, but the show won't be starting for another ten minutes and that means the room isn't loud enough to act like I can't hear Liam.

The rush I felt when I spoke to my mom was gone but the longing for it was still there.

Maybe Erik could give me that rush. I did experience it when I tried my first cigarette with him.

"Liam, you're a creep, back the fuck off." I give him a nasty look, but it doesn't seem to affect him. If anything he moves closer to me.

"Don't be like that baby."

"No, you listen to me very closely. Either leave me alone or the next person touching your dick will be a doctor trying to repair what's left." I walk away from the horrified look on Liam's face and find a new place to watch the show from.

I can feel the dirty looks I'm getting from Liam, but at this point, I don't care. I'm not going to let some scummy boy harass me.

A couple stands by me, holding each other, "I've heard this band is up and coming, but they haven't released a lot yet so they haven't really got the recognition they deserve."

What they are saying is true, Fallen Angels have yet to release a song that has been a hit. They have a ton of great stuff, two albums exactly, but none of the songs have made it to the radio stations.

The lights dim and five figures walk on stage. Their silhouettes are outlined and the metal on some of their clothes reflects off the stage light.

"New York, we are Fallen Angels!" They are quick to begin their first song and the crowd is quicker to join in. The whole room is full of singing and people moving to the music. The couple beside me starts to headbang along with the music.

I can only imagine the heart attack my mother would be having right now.

Erik catches my eyes as he scans the room and gives me a wink before looking at the crowd again.

"We have a special treat for you, a single off our new album releasing in the new year." The crowd cheers as the members prepare for the next song.

"Did you see Erik wink at me?" I turn my head to see a couple of young ladies gushing over the guys of Fallen Angels. They look to be nineteen by the way they tried to make themselves look older.

I don't say anything and allow the young lady to enjoy the bliss she's in.

"You can try to describe me but you'll never define me/Try to grow my wings but he holds me down/Single file to bliss, how could I ever resist?/But when I turn to you I find heaven on the ground" The room is silent as everyone listens, including myself. During soundcheck they never played this song, so this is the first time I've heard it.

"The devil keeps on calling - I keep on falling down/My faith is crawling away. Trapped in the dark/You're my only light. It's me against the devil - I'm ready to fight/(through faith and fire) through faith and fire I'll be by your side (by your side)/(the devil's a liar) the devil's a liar but my love will never die (never die)." Erik's voice is beautiful and raw while he sings. The way he holds himself on the stage oozes sex and confidence.

Once again his gaze lands on me and a smirk is back on his face while he sings, "Careful what you wish for, it might all come true/Careful what you sell from inside of you/My damnation - a one way ticket to hell/Do you wear the mark? It's so easy to tell/They can call it faith or maybe destiny/The only thing on my mind is you and me/Trapped in the dark - you're my only light/It's me against the devil - I'm ready to fight!"

This time when the chorus comes around the whole room is singing excluding the band and there's no music, just the crowd, "(through faith and fire) through faith and fire I'll be by your side (by your side)/(the devil's a liar) the devil's a liar but my love will never die (never die)."

The band starts up again, playing and singing as Erik finishes the song, holding me in place with his piercing blue eyes, "Well don't sing me praise/Just keep me from my grave/It's my last chance for what could be/He wants me a slave - I just wanna be saved/From this bittersweet tragedy"

Song - Me Against the Devil by The Relentless (American Satan)

Edited by GirlReader133

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

793K 24.2K 51
Sam was damaged and truly believed she wasn't worth fixing. Shes ready to run from her past and her first year away at college will be her chance. Wh...
3K 171 33
The first in The Barren Thorns trilogy I never believed in soulmates until I first saw those emerald green eyes looking out at me in the crowd. I wou...
2.7K 152 51
MATURE CONTENT 18+ Living a life in the spotlight isn't all it's cracked up to be, Lexi Davins discovers as her career and love life are reaching a t...
458K 9.2K 59
#1 in youngadult as of December 2018 NEW VERSION on my profile, now COMPLETE!!! This story is super cringey and the new version is way better, so ple...