[discontinued] the 7th cabin...

By SS_7201

In which Donghyuck challenges Mark to visit the seventh cabin and he drags his favourite friend, Koeun with h... More

the 7th cabin
Day 1
Day 2
Day 2 (II)
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 5 (II)
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 9 (II)
Day 10
Day 10 (II)
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 15 (II)
Day 16
Day 17
Day 17 (II)
Day 18
the 7th cabin 1st anniversary
Day 19
Day 19 (II)
[news]

Day 18 (II)

285 27 18
By SS_7201

•••••

"Did you bring spare clothes?"

Koeun nodded as response, not even looking at him.

"Are you still thinking about last night?" Mark asked, glancing her way and saw the slight tension around her.

"I'm...not, but it's hard to ignore it either." Koeun replied, heaving out a sigh.

"Are you getting nightmares?" Mark asked, eyeing her dark eyebags.

"No, not really. I just can't sleep at night knowing that the clues we have to find Herin are too little and I keep on seeing weird hallucinations. It's making me sick."

"What kind of hallucinations?"

"It's nothing."

"Eun, no. You have to tell me,"

"Mark, I don't think I want to talk about this."

"It's better if you tell me. You don't need to carry the burden by yourself. You know that,"

Mark stared at her, encouraging her to trust him. Koeun was having second thoughts to everything. She didn't want to worry him with her useless worries.

"It's just weird hallucinations. I keep on seeing myself with people I don't know. I was alone most of the time. It scares me a little."

"Are you uncomfortable with crowds?"

"No, it's different. I really didn't wanna tell you but I keep on seeing her,"

"Her? Who's her?"

"...the female ghost."

Mark went speechless as his jaw parted. He didn't knew what to say.

"I haven't told TY sunbae or Jaehyun sunbae, they would have caused a ruckus and asked me too many questions when I don't even know the definite answer."

"Eun–"

"I'm kinda glad I told you. At least I won't die here keeping that secret."

"You won't, we'll get out of here. Trust me."

Mark took her hand in his and gave her a firm squeeze. He wasn't going to disappoint her and all he wanted was to go home anyways.

"Oooh, am I seeing what I'm seeing?"

They instantly turned around and saw Lucas grinning while leaning onto a tree. "You guys are so sweet. This is why you would make a great couple."

"We're not," both of them answered in sync.

"Yet!" he exclaimed. "Imma make sure you do."

"Lucas, just no." Koeun told him and he laughed heartily.

"What were you guys talking about? It seemed serious." Lucas pried, wiggling his eyebrows.

"None of your business," Koeun replied, sending him a glare which he found cute.

"It's nothing. We were discussing about the team." Mark said and motioned them to follow him.

The three reached their team and the same old view welcomed them. Jisung and Lami were lowkey bickering while Donghyuck and Jeno were amused to watch them actually fighting with words and not hands for once in a while.

Yeri was calmly on her phone, her fingers were fast on the screen. She was either tweeting or texting. Renjun and Chenle were busy chatting among themselves while glancing at Lami and Jisung who were still arguing.

"What's wrong with them?" Mark asked Koeun and she looked at Jaemin and Hina who were sitting apart so far.

"I guess they had a fight?" she mumbled, shrugging her shoulders.

"They're petty fighting. Don't mind them," Donghyuck spoke up, noticing they were talking about Jaemin and Hina.

"No, we're not!" Jaemin huffed while Hina remained quiet.

"They are," Yeri said, eyes still on her phone.

"Why?" Koeun asked.

"Because Hina won't tell him something and Jaemin's been pestering her for a while. She's pissed. He's pissed." Jeno answered.

"She's hiding something!" Jaemin exclaimed, defending himself.

"Well, it's her problem. She can do what she wants." Mark said.

"No, she's not telling me something important. She's torturing herself." Jaemin explained, flailing his arms

"I'm not! Can you stop doing that?!" Hina snapped at Jaemin which made all of them quiet out of surprise.

"Did she just—" Jisung asked Donghyuck without looking.

"—Yes, she just did that." Donghyuck replied, staring at the fuming Hina and shocked Jaemin.

"Fine! No need to tell me anymore. Don't tell me anything then!" Jaemin exclaimed frustratedly and stood up.

Yeri stared at the both of them speechless while Renjun and Chenle gave each other awkward glances.

Jeno seemed flustered and went to Jaemin to calm him down. Donghyuck and Jisung just kept quiet while Lami neared Hina.

Koeun sighed as she gave a look to Mark.

"Alright then, why don't we just...um, leave now?" Mark asked.

"That was kinda intense," Lucas whispered which everyone heard anyways.

"They're fighting for real," Donghyuck mumbled. "That's weird."

•••••

"Do you think they're gonna make up?"

Donghyuck shrugged his shoulders at Jisung. "Who knows? They're both stubborn. I wonder if Jaemin would apologise first."

"It doesn't seem like it," Jeno muttered, crouching behind them.

"Why? I thought they had a good relationship." Renjun asked.

"With the bickerings, maybe but they're actually fighting right now." Jeno replied.

"What did Jaemin hyung do?" Chenle asked.

"Annoy her, as usual. Who knows?" Donghyuck said.

"Nah, Jaemin was really frustrated. Hina probably didn't want to worry him and he's just angry that she won't tell him anything." Jeno explained.

"So he's actually mad and they're actually fighting. This day can go wonders." Jisung mumbled, shoving the small shovel into the ground.

"Guys, it'd be so much better if you stop with the gossip and help out. We can find more of these," Mark reminded, waving the small wooden box in his hand.

Their activity was near the fall and the objective is to find as many wooden boxes hidden in a 100 meter radius. Lots of them groaned at the dumb activity but eventually followed after all.

The boys answered Mark and continued with their search. Jaemin who wasn't part of the conversation, quietly dug at the same spot for the past ten minutes.

Jaemin unconsciously sighed and his eyes caught a sight he wished he didn't. He saw Hina with Lucas, him towering over her. They were talking casually and it made Jaemin's blood boil.

Jaemin wasn't the type to get easily jealous.

He gets sulky and pouty but he never really felt jealous. He controlled his anger as he gripped onto the small shovel tight. The veins in his hands showed and this doesn't go unnoticed by his best friend.

His breath hitched when he saw Hina laughed the way he did with him—which was rare since she hated his jokes more than she loved him. He can't help but feel pain throbbing in his heart.

His expression fell. The usual Jaemin smile was nowhere to be found. Jeno noticed this and hoped for Jaemin to come and talk to him.

Jaemin decided it was the last straw when he saw Lucas playfully nudging her and pats her head like a puppy. What angered Jaemin more was the fact that Hina didn't stop him and allowed him to actually touch her–something he was warned not to every single day.

How close were they?

Jaemin wondered why his luck was bad and cursed his stubborness for getting the better of him. If only he didn't demand her for answers this morning, he would be in Lucas' place at the time.

As he unenergetically shoved his shovel in the ground, he met eyes with Jeno. The latter sent him a smile, welcoming Jaemin while he nods and drags himself towards them.

The two don't exchange any words. Jeno was careful and Jaemin wanted to avoid another meaningless argument.

"Ah!"

Jeno's ears perked up at the familiar shriek. He turned around and saw Siyeon with Lucas.

Jeno frowned—something he rarely does because he never knew Siyeon was close with Lucas and judging by the way they were interacting, it irked him.

Jeno saw how big Lucas' hand movements indicating his excitement and the warm look Siyeon gave him. It probably doesn't mean anything but he can't help feeling mad.

He wasn't close with Lucas nor has he talked to him, so how can the elder ignite so much anger from himself?

As Jeno's neck got sore from looking at them, he quietly focused back on digging. Now, it wasn't only Jaemin who looked sour, Jeno was slowly turning into one too.

"Why the long faces?"

Jeno and Jaemin turned to their leader as the elder crouched down beside them.

Feeling awkward, Mark faked a cough. "So how's the search going?"

"I hate Lucas," Jeno revealed.

"You too?" Mark blew a raspberry and pursed his lips.

"What's his problem?" Jeno asked. "Is he a natural flirt? Is that his job?"

"He's usually like that. Friendly, over friendly, too friendly. A bit over the top but still nice. I can't really handle him,"

"How did you survive two years?" Jeno asked.

"Guess he wasn't that bad of a friend, just friendly." Mark scratched his neck.

"So you're fine if he does that to Koeun noona?"

"He already does and she hates him."

"Lucky for you then," Jeno grumbled, calmly stabbing the ground with his shovel.

Jaemin suddenly stood up, making the two stare. He cleared his throat.

"I'm gonna search somewhere else," he said and walked away with his shovel.

As Jaemin went further away from the majority of the students—to somewhere quieter and less people, somewhere near the actual fall—Hina had her eyes on him until he was gone from her sight. She could only sigh.

Mark and Jeno looked at Jaemin then at each other. "You think he's okay?" Mark asked.

"Even if he isn't, I can tell."

•••••

"I'm such a brat,"

Jaemin kicked the pebbles on his way to the water. "I'm a brat and I'm spoiled as hell. Who would like me?"

He ruffled his hair in frustration and stopped in front of the water to look at his reflection.

When will my reflection show who I am inside?

Even in this situation, he can't stop from remembering that one line from Mulan. It was an epic movie.

He stared at his reflection long. I hate this. Why am I getting worked up only because I saw them together?

But I don't like my Hina with him.

She's not trying to rile me up and make me jealous, right?

I mean, she won't, right?

The more he stared at his reflection, the more he realized how lacking he looked compared to Lucas.

He's not completely familiar with the senior like Mark and Koeun does, but he can tell good from bad. So he can definitely tell that Lucas has a great personality.

Unlike mine. I'm spoiled, a brat and I need attention.

I'm tall, but he's taller. Hina likes tall guys, is she gonna throw me out now?

I'm handsome, but I can never beat his face. He's too good looking. What am I even?

He's nice and he's so bright. He befriends people so easily. He's a smooth talker and I stutter over a simple sentence.

Hina would definitely like Lucas hyung better than me. She would obviously pick him.

"I'm really useless,"

Jaemin clicked his tongue at his reflection. Then he started to dig on a random spot, hoping he'll found the wooden box.

When he was digging, he suddenly felt a shiver run down his spine. He got goosebumps and that doesn't happen so often. The hair on his arms stood up.

The air around him got cold out of nowhere and breezy. It was weird.

As he lifted his head from the ground, he saw a girl in a school uniform—his school's uniform which made him startled. He stumbled down and fell on his bottom.

His breath quickened while his hand gripped the shovel for his life.

"Young one,"

Her voice surprised him the most, other than her appearance. It felt real, even more than the two male ghosts in Cabin #7.

"W-who are you? And what do you want?" he stammered and lifted the shovel in front of him for defense.

The female ghost let out a low chuckle. She pushed back her hair and neared him with slow steps.

With each step she took forward, Jaemin inched backwards. He was scared, he was scared for his life and meeting the exact same female ghost he mentioned a few days ago brought out his fear.

"Don't be scared of me, I'm trying to help you,"

"Help? What are you calling help? Aren't you kidnapping children and keeping them away from here?"

She shook her head.

"I don't know where you brought them, but one of them is a dear friend of mine."

Jaemin swore he was close to pissing himself but he needed all the courage to face the ghost.

"H-herin? You took her, right?"

She looked down.

"And Shin Dayul sunbae? The other kids too?"

She suddenly made eye contact with Jaemin which made him squirm in his position.

"Dear, I'm only helping."

"Tell me where they are! You can't keep doing this out of revenge."

"Revenge?"

"The other seniors, they don't remember who you are. They don't know you died. You're taking my friends to store them away and hide them until they're forgotten,"

"Like I was?"

Jaemin bit the insides of his cheeks, realising something unecessary slipped out of his mouth.

"Lies are painful and so is truth. No one needs to know pain like I do. Nobody cares and you're nothing. Come,"

And just like a spell, Jaemin was in a trance, his eyes casted upon the hand she held out. The next thing he realised he was holding her hand and the odd thing was, it felt warm.

His eyebrows furrowed slightly at the weird heat she had.

"Unnie!"

Instantly, Jaemin snapped out of his trance and the spell, he immediately let go of her hand. His eyes wide and his jaw hung.

The female ghost's expression changed for a split second and he almost didn't catch it when she put a finger on her lips—indicating him to keep quiet.

Jaemin had no time to response as she disappeared a mere second after. He can't believe what just happened.

He looked shocked and felt frustrated. He missed a whole chance to find out about Herin and the whole MIA kids.

I'm such a scaredy ass.

"Are you okay?"

The girl earlier who called the female ghost 'unnie'—the person Hina mentioned to him before, the sister who matched the description perfectly. Her long and black hair, even her eye colour was dark.

It took him 30 seconds to notice she was talking to him.

"I-i'm fine..." he mumbled with a nod, clearly still recovering from the shock.

The girl had brought out a bandaid and passed it to him. He looked at the bandaid questioningly and her eyes darted to his elbow.

That was when he realised the cold sweat dripping from his forehead and the small cut on his elbow.

I must've hit it when I fell.

Jaemin was more than sure the encounter with the ghost was real and he wasn't dreaming.

He accepted the bandaid and was about to thank her when she was no longer in sight.

Despite fear enveloping him, curiosity got the best of him. Why did the female ghost ask him to keep quiet?

Why did the sister come at the exact time?

What was the ghost's objective?

Why was her hand warm?

Where did she take Herin and the others?

Why didn't she capture me?

Why did she want to in the first place?

With heavy steps and a confused mind, Jaemin headed back to his group when he sees a small wooden box by his foot.

Things are getting more weird and weird.

He pushed out his thoughts and picked up the box. Jaemin put on the best calm face he could when he approached them.

Donghyuck passed by him and grabbed onto his sleeve, stopping him.

"Did something happen?" Donghyuck asked out of concern.

Jaemim contemplated on telling Donghyuck about earlier. He shrugged his shoulders, assuring Donghyuck he was fine.

"Nothing, but..." Jaemin looked around quickly. "Did you see any girl with long black hair?"

Donghyuck sent him a weird look. "Half of the girls here have long black hair. Even the girls in our team. You got to be more specific,"

"Uh, did someone else come out before me?"

Donghyuck hummed and shook his head. "No one I recognized."

Jaemin nodded, patting Donghyuck on his back and walkef towards Mark and Jeno.

Jeno didn't notice Jaemin but Mark did and he sensed something wrong with Jaemin. I'll just ask him later, Mark thought, continuing to dig.

As Jaemin neared the two, his arm got yanked by another one yet. He was about to snap but realised it was Koeun.

"Noona,"

Koeun had a worried look on her face—something he got used to other than her mad face.

"Are you okay?"

Jaemin seemed taken aback as he stared at Koeun. A few images flashed crossed his mind.

He saw Koeun laughing and then crying then it switches between the two images for a while. He scrunched his face.

What's going on?

An image of the female ghost from before appeared and Jaemin swore her face transformed into Koeun's.

"Jaemin?"

He snapped from his thoughts and inhaled sharply.

"Are you sure you're fine?" Koeum asked again, touching his arm this time.

Jaemin felt relieved the girl in front of him was Koeun and not some illusion, so he nodded.

"I know you're having it hard but it's worrying me how you're not talking to Hina."

"Noona, I—"

"I'm not forcing you to talk to her, I'm just concerned. You've never fought like this before."

Jaemin hesitated on answering her and kept mum.

"I hope you don't think I'm a busybody, I just don't want you guys to fight too long. It's not healthy,"

"Noona, I...I have something to tell you,"

"You do?" Koeun's eyes lit up, content that Jaemin would want to talk to her.

"Not here and not now, maybe later tonight. Is that okay? I really need to tell you this," Jaemin suggested and she smiled, agreeing with him.

She pat his shoulder and squeezed it once. "Make sure you think through and please talk to Hina. Don't drag this too long."

He solemnly nodded.

Hina's not the main problem right now, noona. I just don't have a good feeling.

•••••

"Hyung,"

Jaemin shoved his pillow to the side, seeing Jisung sitting at the edge of his bed. He scooted away to let the younger one in.

"Yes, Jisungie?" Jaemin called out sweetly.

"Can I talk to you?"

Jaemin put his arm around Jisung's shoulder and pulled him close. "Sure,"

"Hyung, are you well?"

Jaemin let out a chuckle and messed up Jisung's hair. "Everyone's been asking me that this day. I'm fine,"

"You don't look that fine," Jisung said, frowning slightly. Jaemin's smile faltered then he put Jisung in a head lock.

"Why are you so cute? You're worried for me?" Jaemin nudged Jisung playfully while the younger one endured it with a small pout on his lips.

"I know you're concerned for me and I may not be absolutely fine right now, but I'm happy I have someone looking out for me," Jaemin smiled.

"Are you and noona still fighting? I don't like it when you guys are on bad terms. It doesn't feel right."

"Why?" Jaemin wondered.

"Well, the two of you usually bicker and argue all day long but those are cute flirty ones which we all hate anyways. But right now..." Jisung trailed off, avoiding Jaemin's gaze.

"It's something private, Sungie. I don't wanna talk about this until I've talk to her."

"When are you going to?" Jisung turned to him.

"I don't know, soon maybe." Jaemin replied nonchalantly.

"Hyung,"

"I know, Jisung. You're talking on behalf of the others. I know, I'll do something." Jaemin assured Jisung with his smile and the younger one slowly nod his head.

"Yo, wassup?!" Lucas' beaming voice earned soft groans from the others in the same room.

"Lucas sunbae, keep quiet a little." Jeno told, blocking his ears.

"I'm just excited! I have Mark here and the two of you." Lucas said, smiling brightly at Renjun and Chenle.

"Yeah, yeah, we get it, old man." Renjun shrugged, earning a dolphin laugh from Chenle.

"Old man! Haha!" Chenle beamed in between laughs.

Both Jaemin and Jisung turned to the middle of the room where the rest were. Donghyuck looking extra annoyed and Mark hoping the day would end faster. Jeno extremely bothered by the loudness.

"It's time to party!" Lucas exclaimed and flailed his arms around.

"No, Lucas, no. Just no," Mark said which Lucas ignored and continued dancing while sitting.

Chenle joined the elder and let out high pitched laughs. Renjun found it funny but didn't join. Donghyuck could only smirk at the ridiculous sight.

"Jisung-ah, Jisung-ah, come here." Chenle called Jisung and the latter made sure Jaemin was fine with him leaving. Jaemin smiled, pushing Jisung to go.

As Jaemin stared at Jisung, he saw Jeno shooting him a look. Jaemin raised an eyebrow questioningly at him.

'Come here,' Jeno mouthed while Jaemin was about to decline but got taken off guard by Jeno's threatening gaze.

'Alright, alright. I'm moving,' Jaemin mouthed back, getting off his bed.

When he was about to reach them, someone had knocked on the door. All of them looked at the door then to Jaemin who was still standing.

"Open the door, please." Donghyuck told Jaemin and he just obeyed. Jaemin opened the door with a smile but froze when he saw the person behind the door.

"Uh..."

"Hina,"

Jaemin awkwardly stood there with his hand on the doorknob.

"Hey," he said stiffly.

Hina didn't meet his eyes and wrapped her arms to herself.

"What are y—"

"Can I come in?" she cut him off.

"The boys are here," he told.

"I'm not here to see you," Hina replied coldly. She didn't meant to hurt him like that.

"Oh,"

Jaemin gave her space to come in while stayed still at the door. He can't believe Hina was giving him the cold shoulder.

He wanted to scoff but when he heard her laugh from inside, he can't help but feel soft.

No matter what, I can't stand being so mad at her.

"Jaemin," he heard someone whisper his name.

He recognized the person in front of their cabin. A small smile made its way to his face.

"Is it too early?"

"No, it's fine, noona. I wanted to meet you anyways." Jaemin replied, closing the door and headed towards her.

"I saw Hina,"

"Yeah, she just got in." Jaemin rubbed his nape awkwardly.

"Lami's gonna come here soon, don't worry. Yeri too."

"Who said I was worried?" Jaemin asked.

"It shows, Jaemin."

Jaemin sighed heavily. "Someone once told me I wore my feelings on my sleeve. It's that obvious, huh?"

"Never mind, I'm sure you'll talk to her." Koeun said and led the way. "So about what you want to say?"

"Ah, right."

The two found a seat at the bench which reminded Koeun of the day where she and Mark sneaked out.

"Noona, I know I'll sound weird and crazy probably."

Koeun stared at him blankly.

"I've been experiencing this for a few times already and today, it happened again."

"What did?"

"I saw you, but it's not the you I know."

"What?"

"I mean, I kept on seeing you, another side of you when I look at you. Today, I saw you laughing then crying and it does a loop. It's freaky,"

"Jaemin..."

"I know this is crazy and you don't trust me,"

"No, it's just...continue,"

"It's not the first time. Before, I saw you with someone else. Girls, I don't recognize them but they weren't nice to you. They seemed to ignore you and looked at you like you didn't exist."

"Jae—"

"No, listen. It's weird considering how you're well loved and friendly here but seeing you in that situation makes me feel weird. A bit sad and anxious."

"Na Jaemin,"

"Noona, I'm not—are you okay?" Jaemin sprung out of the bench and looked at the girl in front of him with fear.

"N-noona,"

"I told you, it's fine."

Jaemin recognized the voice and it didn't belong to Koeun.

"Who are you? And what have you done to Koeun noona?"

"She's fine. I'm only using her body."

"Let her go, she doesn't deserve this."

"Don't be like this,"

"Don't hurt her!"

"I won't, I owe her."

What?

Jaemin calmed down and stopped to think what she said.

The female ghost was using Koeun's body to talk to him. He sees Koeun but he hears the ghost.

"W-what do you owe her?'

"A lot, I guess. I could feel a bit happiness because of her."

"You can change this. You don't need to keep on taking kids and putting them away "

"They're safe. Your friends, they're safe."

"What?"

"I won't hurt them, I want them to be happy."

"Happy?"

"Yes,"

The female ghost in Koeun's body took his hand.

"Come,"

•••••

Sooooooo
It's been months since I updated. I'm busy and needed inspiration.

I really wanna thanj those who waited and still comment on my story.

The Q&A will be answered on NCT Dream's anniversary. I'm gonna wait and hope that you guys don't let it flop.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62K 3.4K 25
"Lᴇᴛ's ʙᴇ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs, Jɪsᴜɴɢ! Wᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs, ʀɪɢʜᴛ?" "Nᴏ." Chenle just wants to be friends with Jisung but Jisung won't let him enter his world. [ p...
103K 4.8K 31
"I want to get to him, but theres a stupid girl in the way" Donghyuck wants Mark, but Mark is taken. All Donghyuck wants to do is to get rid of the g...
432K 23.5K 66
When Jaemin transfers to a new school (an all boys boarding school, at that), he gets a very.. interesting roommate. ♡ ♡ Jeno has a wild reputation f...
982K 41.7K 87
» 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐮 # 朱色 » "𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 , 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐞." » 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝