3.1 | Flawless | ✔

By littletroublemaker_

"Losing yourself is the easy part, it's finding yourself again that's hard." *** Hollywood. When you think o... More

Authors Note
1 - A Colorless Painting (part 1)
2 - A Colorless Painting (part 2)
3 - Whitney Winters
4 - The Media Is Going To Have A Field Day
5 - Callum Jerald
6 - The Mystery Car
7 - I'm Fabulous
8 - Shocked Is An Understatement
10 - Attacking Students Probably Isn't The Best Idea
11 - You're The One That I Want
12 - The Long Awaited Meeting
13 - Pitching A Tent In Lalaland
14 - Time To Put My Acting Hat On
15 - Forgiving But Not Forgetting
16 - Kiss and Kill
17 - A Classic Art Room Confrontation
18 - Giving Them A Show
19 - Freud and Me
20 - Angry Hannah
21 - The Slap
22 - I Hate Her
23 - Girl Troubles
24 - To The Rescue
25 - We Are Family
26 - Discovering The Truth
27 - What Could Have Been
28 - Were You On America's Next Top Model?
29 - Be Brave
30 - Mario Kart
31 - From Anastasia Claire To Whitney Winters
Epilogue
Thank you!!!
Trivia
Bonus Chapter - Jason

9 - Hannah Banana

9.7K 391 32
By littletroublemaker_

Ashes - Celine Dion

9 - Hannah Banana

Word count: 2190

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."

Helen Keller

***

Whitney's POV

Once I got to history, the teacher made me go through the same process as earlier. This time though, none of my former friends were in this class. Instead, the short redhead who stared at me in awe earlier was here.

As soon as she saw me, she straightened up and gave me a genuine, giddy smile. At first, I frowned at her smile. Is she actually smiling at me nicely or is it some sort of plot to become my best friend to use me for my fame.

I hate the fact I have to be so cautious around new people in fear they are going to exploit me. I already have issues with trust—thanks to the people here—but having to be careful with people who are probably great people makes me feel so guilty.

Once I introduced myself, presenting myself as confident and fearless as possible, I was told to sit down. My eyes scanned the room, watching all of the pupil's eyes light up when I see them.

I spot two seats. One at the front, next to a girl who is wearing too much fake tan and another seat next to the redhead.

Perhaps I should give her a chance.

The teacher gestures for me to hurry up, trying to hide the annoyance on his face. So, before I manage to have a teacher hate me, I head over to the seat next to the redhead.

Not even a second after sitting down, she turns to me excitedly and bounces up and down in her seat. Some people around us give her distasteful looks because she has my attention and others roll their eyes at her behavior.

A hint of anger flows through my veins at the thought of them judging this girl who looks innocent. People can be so mean—the stronger prey on the weaker because they are either too scared or too nice to fight back.

They think they are the predator who can feed off their prey. I loathe it—its despicable.

I smile back at her which only makes her silently clap. I have to restrain myself at laughing at her adorable reaction. How she ended up with my former friends beats me. Maybe they really have changed?

Ten minutes into history and I've already been set a task to do. Honestly, the teacher—who is called Mr. Jameson—doesn't look likes he cares at all about this class. As soon as he set the task, he's on his phone. He isn't even trying to make it discreet that he's on it.

I have to bite my tongue from shouting at this incompetent teacher who ignores the whole class around him. A girl is trying to get his attention so she can ask a question about the task that he set but he blatantly ignores her. If he had explained the task more clearly and had asked if we all understood it, I would be more lenient but he didn't. Ugh, I need to cool down. I'm overreacting.

I think I'm stressed about being back here. I have to maintain my act; face the people I swore never to see again. Plus I have to worry about my studies.

Taking a deep breath, I shift on my seat to face the bubbly redhead. She instantly looks up from her desk, sensing my stare and widens her dark brown eyes. Her mouth starts opening and closing, making her resemble a fish.

"Hello," I greet and smile, showing off my pearly white teeth.

Speechless, she waves. And then she blushes. With a small button nose, big dark brown doe eyes and soft features, she is like the epitome of innocence. The way she's happy all of the time is adorbale—and I can't help but feel jealous of this girl. She looks like she hasn't got a care in the world.

I hold my tanned hand out for her to take, "I'm Whitney."

She quickly places her hand in mine and vigorously shakes it. "I'm Hannah. Sorry about before, I was kind of in a state of shock. I thought you would be hanging out with the popular people since well...your Whitney. Can I just say I'm your biggest fan? I love every movie you're in, you are absolutely amazing." She rambles on, not so shy anymore. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I did it again—I babbled. I swear I do have a filter. It must be ineffective today."

I burst out laughing.

For a few minutes, I'm there laughing in my seat. My stomach aches from it and my cheeks hurt but I don't pay attention to that. This girl is unintentionally funny.

Eventually, my laughs subside. I wipe a bit of water under my eye and puff out my cheeks a few times to catch my breath. "You're hilarious," I state. Her face morphs into something of confusion so I quickly step into to elaborate. "Not in a bad way though, its cute. I like you, Hannah..."

"Marshall." She informs me.

I nod my head, "I like you, Hannah Marshall."

She squeals and smiles brightly. I feel blinded by it. This girl glows. She seems so happy; kind. She also appears to be one of those people who wants to share her happiness with everyone else.

"I really really like you too!" She replies, giddily. 

"So Hannah," I start, wanting to know more about this girl. For instance, how she became friends with my former friendship group. "Whose the good and bad people here?"

I think that's a good way to start. Usually, you ask someone here if they can give you a heads up on who to avoid and who to be friends with. Despite knowing the people here, I'm truly curious about if anyone has changed.

Hannah nods her head, an expression of understanding on her face. She didn't come here two years ago otherwise I would have noticed this sweet girl meaning she was a new student here once.

I don't think she knows I used to go to this school as well. That means the gang didn't tell her about me. Were they too embarrassed to?

No. Don't go there.

"Sure thing. So you have the cheerleaders, who are quite stereotypical. Although, not all of them are bitches. Some are quite friendly but only when they're alone. I overheard in my first period that they are going to ask you to sit with them at lunch. Then there are the jocks, who are also pretty stereotypical. Some of them are players but some are nice. And then there's everybody else really. Aside from the popular people, everyone else is normal. Everyone mostly sticks to friendship groups, understandably." Hannah explains.

When she's finished, I make a mental note in my head of who to avoid. I wonder who if Lily is still a complete arse. From her reaction earlier, I'm guessing yes.

"Hannah, do I need to watch out for any...cheerleaders?"

Hannah knits her brows together and bites her lip, deep in thought.

"For most people yes but I bet they wouldn't do anything to you. You're famous, which in high school terms, makes you untouchable." She replies.

As flattering as it is to hear that, I still don't feel completely satisfied. Now, if I did have to face Lily or any of her goons, I would probably win but it still makes me anxious. I don't want to have a confrontation with her in front of everybody. In front of Callum.

I sit back in my chair and ignore the loud chatter around me. A few people are trying to gain my attention by talking about things they think will interest me but most are busy talking with their friends. That doesn't stop them from staring at me every once in a while.

"You okay there?" Hannah asks, concern laced in her voice. The fact she's actually worried about me warms my heart. "If you're unsettled about Lily—who is the head cheerleader—and her mob of Barbie dolls, don't be. She won't touch a hair on your head and everyone knows it."

I give Hannah a grateful smile for trying to help me even though deep down, I'm still not convinced. Lily has been out to get me for as long as I've known her. And I've never known why.

"Thanks, Hannah Banana," I say, smiling when she giggles at the nickname I gave her. I have to restrain myself from cooing at her.

Then she stops giggling and tries to give me a glare. "Hey! I'm not a banana!" She protests and huffs annoyed. Her irritated face is cute—the way her nose scrunches up slightly and her doe eyes narrow a bit but what she doesn't realize is that it doesn't make her look intimidating at all.

"Of course your not," I reply. "Hannah Banana," I add on, teasingly.

She stomps her foot on the ground, which was not a good idea because when she lifted her leg, it banged against her desk. She yelps loudly and winces.

"You okay there Miss Banana?" I ask her, tucking a bit of my golden blonde hair behind my ear.

"Sure, sure." She breathlessly answers, rubbing her knee. Her voice is deeper—it sounds like she's heaving. "Don't mind me, I just...I'm only in a little bit of pain."

I frown at her words and move a bit closer to her. "You sure Han? You don't sound so good."

Hannah waves off my remark and sits back up in her seat. She smiles at me again and runs a hand through her shoulder length red hair. Its a beautiful color that I'm envious of.

"You better now?" I question.

Hannah nods her head. "Yeah, don't mind me. I accidentally injure myself all of the time. Luckily my boyfriend, Brock, is always there to kiss it better."

Time stops. The moment she Brocks name leaves her lips, I'm transported into my memories. Memories of when Brock, Martin and I would hang out every evening in the woods or by the lake. Memories of when we would fight over who deciding who got had the best ice cream.

It feels like someone is pulling against the chords in my heart, roughly. The way Hannah spoke about Brock—as a nice, loving person—hurts me a lot. Brock never seemed interested in me after middle school. Martin couldn't be bothered with me at all. I swallow the lump in my throat and blink away the tears threatening to be let out.

I hate how I miss my two older brothers. I hate how I wish Brock was loving like that—that cared for me like that. I. Hate. It.

"Wow," I mumble out, my voice quivering slightly. "He sounds like a," I pause and swallow. My voice cracks as a say the next bit, not believing the words I'm saying. "nice boyfriend."

Hannah doesn't notice my hesitancy, fortunately. I don't think I'd want to tell her everything that happened. She spoke about him with respect and love—I don't think I'd want to ruin that. Not because of Brock but because of Hannah. She looks truly happy with him.

"I know." She chirps. "He's kind to me. And he treats me really well."

"That's great." I croak out. Fortunately for me again, she doesn't notice.

"Whitney," Hannah shyly asks. I frown at her, unsure of why she's suddenly all shy. A second ago she was joyful and outgoing. "C—can I ask you something?"

I slowly nod my head. "Go for it."

Hannah takes a deep breath and glances away at her desk for a second. Her lips move but nothing comes out, as if she giving herself a mental pep talk and is subconsciously mouthing it. When her lips stop moving, she stares back up at me and makes eye contact.

"A—are we friends?" She stutters and bites her pink lips.

"Of course we are. How could I not be friends with someone as funny and bright as you?" I instantly reply and she releases a relieved sigh. Was she nervous about asking me that? Was she afraid I would say no?

Poor girl. She's so adorable.

"Yay!" She cheers. "Can I sit with you for lunch then?" 

{A/N: so, what do you think of Hannah? I enjoy writing her character. If you've read my other book TBBATC, then you might see some similarities between her and Ren. 

Also, I've finished exams!! I am SO happy!!!! Once again, thanks for wishing me good luck! You guys are the sweetest.

For those interested in Finding Ava and Chasing Cora - the first 8 chapters of Finding Ava will be on Inkitt this Thursday (not Friday), the first 3 will be up on Wattpad the 1st of June. Chasing Cora's first chapter will be on Wattpad this Sunday. I will send a notification for both of these!! 

Next update for Flawless: 25th May}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

HONESTLY By Sunny Birch

General Fiction

891 2 26
Nicky Peters sets out on an emotional roller coaster when she creates a melody from an old high school journal entry which develops into her debut so...
332K 9.9K 123
Accused of an assault he doesn't remember, Ricky's senior year is made doubly complicated when he falls for the victim's best friend, Olivia - his on...
204K 8.6K 23
'Accidents happen'. That's what people say. Yet, some accidents take away from us more than others. Ethan had it all. Everything was lined up in fr...
Ana By Sierra

ChickLit

62.2K 1.8K 61
Life as a child was amazing. Your weight didn't matter. Your clothes didn't matter. Your parents money didn't matter. All that mattered was who you...