Annalise

By colonnicole

People change for two reasons only: ~Their minds have open or their hearts have been broken~ Her name is Ann... More

Copyrights
Cast
You're Forewarned
Chapter 1: The Imperishables
Chapter 2: Sexy Looking Guy
Chapter 3: Party
Chapter 4: Showdown
Chapter 5: You Got Drugged
Chapter 6: Whatever Is Best
Chapter 7: Familiar
Chapter 8: The Bloody Cake
Chapter 9: Day Of The Dead
Chapter 10: You'll Regret It
Chapter 11: Truth Or Dare
Chapter 12: Lost Turf
Chapter 13: Stay In Your Lane
Chapter 14: Gang Member
Chapter 15: I've Seen You Before
Chapter 16: Shots
Chapter 17: Let Me Go
Chapter 18: I'll Tell You Later
Chapter 20: Shaken Up
Chapter 21: Suicide
Chapter 22: How The Great Have Fallen
Chapter 23: Recruitment
Chapter 24: Fighting Words
Chapter 25: Tamara
Chapter 26: The 'Deal'
Bonus Chapter: Ricky, Noah, and Asher?
Chapter 27: Secrets
Chapter 28: The Run Around
Chapter 29: In or Your Out
Ricky, Noah, and Asher: Part 2
Chapter 30: Chaos (Pt.1)
Chapter 30: Chaos Truly Begins (Pt. 2)
Chapter 30: Chaos & Ricky (Pt.3)
Chapter 31: You're Not My Twin
Chapter 32: The Unfolding Of A Midnight Tragedy
Chapter 33: Darkness
Chapter 34: A Dinner To Remember

Chapter 19: Forced First Kiss

178 14 28
By colonnicole

I twisted around to find a pair of hazel eyes lying upon me, an arrogant smirk morphing into a grin, reflecting his twinkling white teeth.

"Noah," I breathed out, setting free the air trapped inside the walls of my lungs.

I bit down on my teeth, my jaw going tense and setting off a ripple effect, making my body stiffen as well. I blinked continuously at his approaching figure before glancing down at the floor.

"She's not your 'babe'," Asher bristled at his nickname for me. "If you want to get her attention, which you shouldn't have by the way, call her Annalise."

I flicked my eyes towards Noah as he shot Ash a blaśe stare, swiftly observing him before he landed his sight onto me, disengaging in any retort back.

"Here you go," he softly said, holding my North Face bag out for me.

His voice was calming and low, different from his stern gaze that was fixated on me. I couldn't possibly know if he witnessed the tremors of my hands or the hesitation that was interwoven in my movements to grab my bag, however, his lips quirked up and a satisfied smile broke to the surface.

"Thank you," I tightly smiled, letting my eyes drop.

Before the heaviness of books and notes could push the weight down on me, Asher swooped up and snatched my teal bag in one hand.

"I'll hold it," he stated, no room for discussion.

My eyes danced up to the faces lingering behind Noah. There stood Alessandro, his brown eyes beadily staring past me with his blond man bun resting on his head. I crunched my eyebrows together, remembering all the lies he spewed to me. Noah's in a gang, he's the gang leader of the Mortes, more dangerous than I could imagine.

I hopped my sight on the other face, the name of the person not coming to mind. I haven't learned it yet, but his light green eyes and dirty blond hair clicked as Noah's friend from that day at the club. His sight was already on me, a tiny, dark smirk meeting me.

I ignored his eyes drifting to places that disturbed me, pretending that I didn't feel the hot stare burning on my bare legs and skimming up to my skirt.

"Can we talk?" Noah asked, his features melting into sincerity.

Can you leave? My dark voice retaliated the words echoing in my head.

I gulped, I didn't want to have any conversation with someone who could hurt me without a second thought.

"She doesn't have time. She's going to lunch," Asher immediately replied, not missing a beat.

"Let her talk for herself," Noah shot back, stern and clear.

"I'm her twin. I can tell by sparing a quick glance at her that she doesn't want to be near you, so leave my sister alone," Asher's voice deep and serious, an underlying message playing out.

I placed my hand on the heart necklace around my neck, rubbing it softly as it smoothed over the anxiety tickling and scratching my insides. I pulled my sight away from the people in front of me and made contact with someone else.

Ricky and his two friends all stood watching. His dark ink, blue eyes froze mine and ejected shivers up my arms and back. My stomach churned and twisted violently, contracting the food inside me as I gulped thickly. The beat of my heart thumped against my ears, consuming my hearing as constant beats ranged loud.

All I could imagine was the red blood that smeared onto his caramel skin. He was a killer, a killer who was looking at me. The realization finally seeped into my thoughts, ripping their way into my mind and controlling everything.

Noah probably killed people as well. His gang members and Ricky's gang members probably have too. I was surrounded by blood-shredding murders.

They're all sharks and you're the unsuspecting prey! A voice within me chuckled cryptically.

"And what happens if your sister doesn't want me to leave her alone?" Noah replied, a solemn face tackling his features.

"No fucking ifs-" Asher snarled, the clear-cutting anger radiating off him from the large gang's presence.

"Watch that mouth. It seems you forget who you're talking to," the guy with the light green eyes warned, the superiority breaking free from him as he looked down on my brother.

As Asher's mouth parted out and was ready to spit some words into the open, Alice beat him to it.

"I've had enough of this," she pointed her hand to Noah. "She doesn't want to talk to a guy who is clearly making her uncomfortable," she accurately guessed, eyeing the way I fiddled with the necklace she bought me.

Alice continued, "She also doesn't want to talk to a sibling who disrespects her," she turned to Asher as I eyed the necklace I got for her, which was now a bracelet.

The only thing receiving my attention was the piece of jewelry jiggling around Alice's wrist as she gripped my own, pulling me away and towards Zachary and Michael.

"You're going to tell us everything that is going on," she mumbled under her breath, heedful of prying ears.

***

"I'm going to be the one with blood on my hands this time. I'm going to murder the three of them!" Alice shouted in the empty classroom, her sandwich untouched.

"You're not going to hurt anyone of them, Alice. Promise me you won't try to do something to Noah, Ricky, or Tate," I exclaimed, my eyes spread wide open as I dipped the last breadstick in my Nutella.

"No, the fuck, don't promise that Alice. I agree with you for once!" Michael stood up, tossing his plastic tray into the trash.

"That won't solve anything. It doesn't erase what happened," I reasoned, standing up to throw my uneaten pizza away, my stomach couldn't handle a lot at the moment.

"Annalise is right," Zachary nodded his head in agreement, leaning off the whiteboard.

"Tate Jerkins does not get away with manhandling you to an infamous gang leader!" Alice barked out, slamming her hand on the desk as she rose from her seat.

"And Ricky Rodriguez, even with his cute Spanish accent, doesn't get away with breaking your brother's hand or keeping you hostage!" Mike mentioned, making my eyebrows draw together.

"This classroom isn't soundproof, please lower your voices," I begged, reminding them of how thin classroom walls are.

"Tate's a dick for doing what he did. I thought he was our friend," Mike thought out loud, his brows furrowed. "Why does he blame Annalise for your relationship ending? Didn't he break it with you?"

Alice's eyes were glazed over with fury chaining onto her, the mention of their relationship driving her face to ignite red.

"He's a prick! A freaking prick," Alice laid her fists on her hips. "I- I broke it with him. He just thought I was spending too much time with friends than him," she finished promptly.

"Oh, but why were you so mopey when you saw that picture of him kissing Kim on Facebook?" Michael further questioned, making me move my eyes over to Alice with an instant interest.

She parted her mouth to speak but then closed it, peeking over to Zachary.

"Let's focus on the important matters, ok?" Zach speaks, pushing his natural red hair back.

"You're right. How did we miss the bigger picture? How couldn't we see that Noah Esposito is playing us and the town like puppets?" I whispered, partially in shock.

"This isn't right," Alice softly announces. "We shouldn't be controlled by a gang, students and citizens shouldn't be fearing these people," she rolled her lips in as her true curls cupped her face.

"I'm not someone's bitch, only Zachary's, I won't be under a person's command," Michael firmly asserted.

"I just realized something. If Asher is friends with Alessandro, that's probably how he knew Ricky has an older brother who is technically still the leader of the Imperishables," Zach pieced his thoughts together, rubbing his chin as he spoke.

"Which is probably why he didn't explain when we asked him before, not like he could say, 'I'm friends with a gang member who tells me a lot of crap," Alice joined in.

"Wait, if we've recently become aware of Noah's gang, does this mean anyone who isn't in illegal activity doesn't know as well?" I conquered my forming question, curiosity nipping at me.

"Possibly, we should all keep this information to ourselves for now... I wish you would've told us all this sooner. We're all here for you," Zachary walked over to me and Mike.

"I'm sorry I didn't," a twinge of guilt pinching my chest.

"I'm just happy you said something instead of being afraid to," Alice stalked towards me, wrapping her arms around my body, embracing me as a dry cough sounds from Zach's throat.

***

The rays of the sun hit the ground and beamed at our faces, it was oddly warm out, and everyone's lips were tipping up as they got a whiff of freedom. The bell had just rung as me and Alice walked towards our cars. Any indication of harm or threatening aura dispersed as kids went their separate ways home. A breath of relief flowed out of all mouths as a boulder rolled off from people's chests.

"Do you remember Eli Wilson?" Alice randomly asked, already having her eyes on my features as I brought mine up to her.

Her golden, curly locks swayed as the air blew through them. "I do, how could I forget the person I had my first kiss with?" I nonchalantly answered, the cool wind caressing the side of my thigh, igniting goosebumps to pop all over me.

Although, I wasn't too sure that it had little to do with the name Alice mentioned.

"Yeah, the first kiss he forced upon you," she mumbled, her green eyes bright under the influence of the sun's intense beams.

Heat crept upon my face as flashes of that day came to mind, it was a blush of embarrassment and shame lingering behind it.

"Why are you bringing this up?" I stopped my feet as we stood a couple of feet away from our cars.

"That guy, the one who was on guard next to Noah, not Alessandro, looked strongly familiar. He reminded me of Eli," she squinted, raising her hand to block the sun from her eyes.

"Eli? I don't think so, he left for New York in the seventh grade," I denied, halting any inferences to come.

"I know that. I'm just saying they seem alike, maybe they are related," she suggested, digging her keys out from her pocket.

"Eli was chubby in the face, with brown hair, and glasses. Noah's friend has blond hair and a skinny face," I voiced my observation, grabbing my keys from my coat pocket.

"Yeah, but-" all of a sudden her ringer penetrated the foundation of our conversation, ripping through it and ruining the topic.

"Ugh- I got to go, it's my mom," she rolled her eyes upwards, opening her driver's door and slinging her bag inside before climbing in.

"Alright, bye!" I raised my voice high enough for it to make it to her ears, waving as she returned it back.

I watched as she pulled her car up from its position, stepping on the gas as she turned and wheeled slowly out of the emptying parking lot.

I approached the driver's seat of my car and pulled the door open, no particular rush as I gently positioned my bag on the passenger side. I slid my body into my car, shutting my door and slipping my seatbelt over my chest.

Eli Wilson.

The person who claimed your lips in the seventh grade, I recollected.

The person who hated you and yet loved you at the same time, the goodbye kiss told it all.

Yeah, so did his hands, my dark self scoffs.

I slipped my key into the ignition and roared my car to life, staring off to the exit as my arms fell to my sides.

---

"Hey, Annalise, right?" Some random girl questioned, her brow arched up.

"Yes, that's me," I voiced slowly, drying my hands from the school's paper towels.

We stood face to face in the girls' restroom.

"Eli wants you to go upstairs to Miss. Donz's room. He said he wanted to talk to you before he left for New York," the girl chirped, a foolishly wide smile stretching her lips.

"Oh, uh, ok," I responded, confusion hanging off my face.

"Have fun," she winked, spinning on her heels and skipping out the door.

I didn't know why Eli wanted to see me. Possibly to end the tension that followed us since the day he pushed me to the ground, making Alice give him a black eye.

Or maybe it was to apologize for still being continuously wicked to me after that day.

But, if he wasn't picking on anyone else and making them feel like gum beneath his shoe, then it didn't bother me that much.

My feet padded along to the classroom, entering as the door was wide open. I stood in the center of the room and roamed my eyes around.

"Eli?" I called out, only viewing desks with pencils and bags lying atop, everyone in our grade went outside for field day.

A wooden screech bellowed behind me, followed by a slam of a door. I instinctively whipped my head behind me to find Eli in front of a closed door, the lock activating automatically.

"Of course, you would actually come," a smug look written over his face.

The thought dawning over me couldn't be hidden, with the door closed and him standing in front of the exit, like a guard, reminded me of being caged like an animal. An animal who didn't have a choice but to stay put.

"A- a," I stammered, poking my tongue out my mouth to lick my dry lips, "Girl told me you wanted to talk," I finished, looking at the window beside me.

"I do want to talk, and do other things," Eli pulled up a complacent smile, taking slow, predatory steps my way.

My brows deepened, my body leaning back and cocking my face to the side with a twisted, skeptical look falling to my features.

"Other things? Do you need help trying to find something?" I asked, directing my eyes to his.

"No, and yes. I need help, but not to find something," he smirked, a faint dimple reflecting off his face as some strands of brown hair fell to his eyes.

He impetuously stepped forward again and clung his hands onto my waist. A gasp fell from my lips, the pressure of his grip making my body protest in distaste.

"What are you doing?" I squeaked, twisting away from him, and setting myself free.

He lifted an eyebrow and gave me a knowing look, although, I didn't know what exactly he was trying to imply.

"I'm leaving, Annalise. Let's stop playing these 'I hate you but really like you' games," he sighed, slithering an arm around my waist, holding me against him.

My face pulsed with deep heat, a blush crossing over my face at the sudden physical contact again.

"What the what?" I lowly whispered, stunned at his words and touchiness.

With his free hand, he took a strand of my chocolate hair between his fingers, rubbing the smoothness of my hair and proceeding to twirl it around his index finger.

His eyes were blocked by the white light that reflected onto his glasses, "I know you're an oblivious person, but I didn't take you to also be naive," his warm breath tickled my face.

I backed my head the farthest it could go while being captured in his hold like a turtle's head retreating into its shell.

"Can you please let go of me, Eli? You're making me uncomfortable," I gulped, the tension popping up my neck veins as I squirmed from his arm.

I didn't get him. He hates me and likes me at the same time?

"I shouldn't have to ask twice. Please, let go," I uttered in an assertive voice, but it came out more shaky.

After a few moments of waiting, his arm never loosened at my waist, only a devilish grin filled his face. I raised my hands to his torso and applied pressure, hoping to peel him off me and create space between us.

Before I knew it, he had secured his hold on me, squeezing my waist with his arm as he pressed my front side against his.

My face was taut, my mouth stretched out and pursed firmly together. My sky-blue eyes bulged open at his confident moves, the heat from his body moving to mine. I scrunched my fists together which were now crushed between my body and his.

"Comfortable yet?" He let out synthetic concern for my feelings as he cupped the left side of my cheek.

I was speechless, the only thing racing and bouncing inside my mind was the hard poke at my thigh. I clenched my fists more, digging my nails into my palms in order to pay attention to the pain.

In a short split second, Eli tilted my head up higher and tugged my bottom lip between his teeth, doing it so very softly. I instantly jerked back at the unfamiliar interaction, but his second hand came up, both cupping my face and holding me still.

My lips met with the smooth-skinned lips of another. My mouth was covered with Eli's as I stood there with my eyes wide open, immobile in more ways than one.

---

I blinked the memories away, all of them pouring out of my mind in seconds. I pressed onto the gas pedal, my car steadily pulling from its spot. Only a few students lingered around, some sitting on the hoods of their cars while talking. Some others with their books in their hands and walking out the school doors.

I stopped the process of going forward as I studied the face of a kid. His eyes glanced over his shoulder repeatedly, stuffing falling notes into his book and walking briskly. Once the doors shut behind him, he broke out into a full sprint, sweat falling from the side of his forehead as he scrambled out of the parking lot.

After his departure, the doors flew open and highlighted the arrival of the three Mortes. Noah with a humorless face, his hazel eyes scouting the area. All he could see were the slamming of car doors and screeching cars making a getaway.

Alessandro, his arms crossed against his chest, also observed the school grounds. Next to him, stood the guy I still didn't get a name for. His focus was on the only car not parked, his daunting face with stern eyes morphing to somewhat playful. A sly smirk tugged his lips up as he elbowed Noah, who instantly set his sight upon the person touching him. A word passed between the nameless person's lips as Noah's eyes landed on me.

"Annalise!?" He shouted out, starting to walk over to my car.

My heart skipped a beat, and I did what anyone else would do in my position. I stepped on the gas pedal and zoomed out the parking lot, my back hitting my seat at the high speed.

"You can't ignore me!" Were the only words that reached my ears before I completely left.

VOTE! COMMENT! SHARE!

Can Annalise trust Noah or anyone around him?

If Alice broke up with Tate, why was she acting like he broke her heart? How does Annalise play into their breakup?

Will this Eli be important?

What do you think about Annalise's first kiss?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 154 34
Blair Evermore: a simple kid with a complicated life. With a brother that would do anything for her and two FBI agents for parents, she doesn't have...
26.6K 1.1K 27
"π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’•π’π’π’Œ π’•π’‰π’†π’Šπ’“ π’ƒπ’Šπ’•π’„π’‰ π’‘π’Šπ’π’π’” π’•π’‰π’Šπ’” π’Žπ’π’“π’π’Šπ’π’ˆ." Dylan goes from running with one sketchy crowd to another. She c...
5.7K 708 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
394K 12K 51
UNEDITED/poorly written when I was younger (needs severe editing) "Becky, I'm scared! Someone's following me and I don't think I can make it home! Pl...