The Prince's Hired Girlfriend

By ladyhushy

"Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! Who are you? What are you doing in my bed?! Oh my God aaaaaaahhhhh! What did you do to m... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64

Chapter 42

719 34 7
By ladyhushy

Mona has finished cooking and now setting up the dining table. Harry hasn't come back in the kitchen yet after he left to take that call. She is very excited to eat with him. This is the first time that she cooked for him and she can't wait for him to taste every dish that she made. For the last couple of days since they arrived in the private villa, she is so happy. She felt safe and contented. Being with Harry in the villa kind of gave Mona a glimpse of their life together. She is now very sure that it is Harry she wants to spend the rest of her life with. Since they arrived, she became quite sure that Harry is the one. Even her worries are becoming lesser as the days went by.

Going with him in the market today and the times they spent happily in the kitchen gave her so much hope that Harry will accept her for who she is after she tells him everything about her past...and she will do that right after their sumptuous meal.

She has finished setting up the table and now checking if there is something she forgot. When she was sure that everything is there, she  decided to call Harry. Just as she was about to yell his name, he appeared coming from their room, where he took the phone call.

"Oh there you are babe. Come on, have a seat. Lunch is served!" She said excitedly with the brightest smile plastered on her face.

Harry stared at her seriously before moving to his seat, which surprised Mona. Harry hasn't shown any emotion, a total opposite when he left the kitchen earlier. He was happy and full of smiles. For some reason, Mona's heartbeat became faster and it made her really nervous.

"Are you alright Harry? Something's wrong?"

"Let's just eat. I'm starving." He answered without glancing at Mona, which only confirmed Mona's suspicion that something is not right.

"Okay." Was all she could say.

They ate quietly. So quiet that they looked like two strangers eating on the same table. Mona just let Harry eat. She lost her appetite. She couldn't wait to eat earlier but now she just couldn't swallow the food. She started wondering who called him earlier. She glanced at Harry, who is making it so obvious that he was just forcing himself to eat. When they both couldn't take it anymore, they let go of their forks and spoons and looked at each other in the eyes. Mona's eyes bear sadness and confusion while Harry's bear anger and contempt.

"Please tell me what's wrong?" Mona pleaded.

"Why don't you tell me what you're hiding from me first?" Harry said in a tone that is so foreign to Mona. This is the first time that she heard Harry talked to her like this. As soon as she realized what he said, her shoulders slumped. Someone told him everything before she could. Tears formed in her eyes, threatening to fall any moment but she tried to hold them in. She needs to act strong in front of him otherwise she won't be able to explain and tell him her reasons.

"Who called you earlier Harry?" She managed to ask calmly. Eventhough she figured out who, she still wanted to confirm it from Harry.

"It doesn't matter! So it's true huh? You fooled me?! You played me?! How dare you?! I loved you! I trusted you!" He said in between breaths before standing up. He is so angry.

"What?! No! Harry...listen to me. I don't know what she told you. Please...hear me out."

"She told me the truth! That's what she did! Something that you didn't do!"

"You...you need to hear me out."

"Hear you out? So you can fool me again?! Tell me Moonlight...is that even your real name?!"

"No...but it is my name now."

"Right..." Harry said before pacing back and forth.

"This is funckin' great! I fell in love with someone who does not exist! You must be really laughing at me right now! Stop with the innocent look...I know who you are now! Stop acting!" He screamed when he noticed the sadness and pain on Mona's face, who is now standing behind him. She wanted so much to touch him but she can see that he won't let her anymore.

Mona gave up trying to explain to him. He looks so angry and frustrated. He wouldn't listen to her explanations. She can see clearly now that he already made up his mind about her. She lost the love of her life because she was a coward. Everything makes sense to her now. She can't ever be happy with someone. Her past will always get in the way. She wanted so much to break down and cry but she used all her energy to compose herself and held all the pain in. In the years of her sufferings, she had mastered it all. She mastered to keep all her pain in and take in the torture...both physically and emotionally.

She realized that even if she told him her true identity before, their love would have ended before it started because there was no way that the palace will hire her. They wouldn't have a chance to be together. She experienced a short period of happiness because she hid her past from them but now that they found out, that happiness ended in a snap. That's what her past and her real life do to her. This is one of the moments where she wishes that she died with her parents.

"Gaahh! I can't even look at you!" Harry yelled at her. She flinched but did not stop looking at him.

Harry glanced at her and again, he saw the sadness and pain in her eyes but it didn't ease his anger even a little bit. It even made him angrier. For him, she is acting but he won't fall for it anymore. He is so hurt right now. He felt that he chose the wrong woman to fall for and he can't take it in right now. He needed to get away. Away from everyone.

"Why did you do it huh? For money? For protection? Tell me!" He yelled again but Mona didn't answer him. She just looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Say something, damn it!" He added which made Mona flinched again.

"I'm sorry." Was all she could say.

"You're sorry?! Go to hell!" He yelled before storming out of the room.

Just then, Mona let go of the tears that she was holding in. Pain took over her. She felt like her heart is being stabbed over and over again. She started breathing hard like she's running out of oxygen. She broke down and blamed herself and her weakness for hurting Harry.

She looked at all the almost untouched food on the table. Her tears wouldn't stop from falling and she started sobbing. But despite of it all, she started cleaning up the kitchen and made sure everything is back to its place just like before she started cooking. She wiped out her tears and forced to hold them in again. She took the untouched food and went to the porch where the guards are and gave it to them. She forced a smile as she handed it to them. The guards noticed her state and knew something was happening but pretended that they didn't know anything. They thanked her before she went back inside.

She went straight to their room to gather her things. She wouldn't wait for Harry to kick her out, she will leave while he's gone. She is worried because he left angry but when she noticed that only two guards are left outside, she was relieved. 4 more guards arrived earlier so she is sure that Harry left with the other 3 guards. She opened the closet and remembered that she didn't bring anything with her when they came except for the dress she was wearing from the fashion show that night.

She took the same dress and put it on. She doesn't want to bring the clothes that Harry bought for her when they arrived. She's back to crying again and she felt lost. She is not familiar with the place so she doesn't know how to leave or get to the airport. She then realized that she has no plane ticket and she didn't have her passport. She came in here with the palace's private plane so now she can't help but be scared. She took her phone and checked if she can place a call so she can call Dane. She cried even more when she saw that her network don't have a signal.

Her eyes landed on the telephone on the bedside table. Just as she was about to dial Dane's number, she heard a knock. She immediately stood up, hoping it's Harry but it was one of the guards.

"Yes?" She said trying to hide the state she's in.

"I came to see if you're ready Miss Moonlight so we can leave for the airport."

"What do you mean? How about Harry?"

"He already left Miss. He's already at the airport, about to board a flight to Australia. He told us to take you back to England, boarding the private plane."

Mona felt a horrible kick in her heart again. Harry left her and he went back to Australia...to Isabella. She turned her back to the guard. She felt like her world collapsed on her at that very moment. She felt helpless. She placed her arms around her chest like she's hugging herself. She thought of Dane to get strenght otherwise she will collapse in front of the guard right now. She's losing hers. She did a few deep breaths before turning to the guard again.

"I am ready. We can leave now." Was all she could say.

"Alright Miss. Let's go. Where are your luggages?" She can see the sympathy in the guard's eyes and it made her feel so small. She wanted to start crying again but she didn't want the guard to see it so she used her remaining strength to hold everything in. Do what you're good at Mona. Act strong. Her thoughts echoed.

"I have none." She managed to tell the guard before walking out of the room...with her purse and phone in her hands.

***Don't forget to vote, comment, add this to your reading list, share to your friends and follow me for more upcoming stories. I am grateful for your support, loveys! ~Aireen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 7K 52
So this is the third book of 'The Bad Boy and The Nerd' trilogy and CAN be read as a stand alone. ALSO NOTE THIS BOOK DOES NOT PROMOTE THE USE OF DRU...
124K 6.9K 56
Highest ranking :- # 2 Fantasy (9/05/16) "Now please tell me the truth. Tell me who I am." I asked. He put those bags on one corner of the room and s...
237 20 19
๛ A international fairy was having fun in her free garden with her master to keep eyes on and take care until she fall into this trap to sent her far...
20.5K 611 8
-NOT ON TOTAL HOLD BUT I RARELY UPDATE SO IT MIGHT AS WELL BE CALLED ON HOLD- Once upon a time there lived a girl. The fairest maiden on her block. S...