As Cold as Ice (Dangerous St...

By shru_du

you can see it on Amazon Kindle... In the heart of Victorian London lives a girl names Katherine Davis. She i... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
A/N
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

21

1.5K 86 9
By shru_du

I backed up Mr. Rodriguez as he tried to get as many as possible. But we were still outnumbered and his other half of men are far behind. "We are running out of ammunition" Mr. Rodriguez said.

"We have to find the leader" I said. "No Katherine you need to run, you get out of here and notify my other men" Mr. Rodriguez said. I cannot leave him here.

"I cannot leave you here they will kill you before your men can ever reach you Mr. Rodriguez" I said. His gun died down so was mine Ibrahim wasn't good either. Sword was useless against gun.

"Surrender yourselves" A powerful voice said. His half face was covered and only eyes were visible. "Katherine Run" Mr. Rodriguez said. "No I cannot not at least when I know I can save you all" I said pointing to him Ibrahim and four other man who were alive.

We were sat into a circle tied. Mr. Rodriguez was on my one side and Ibrahim was on the other. "So what is your business in our desert?" The bandit leader asked to Mr. Rodriguez.

"Just a merchant crossing over to sell my goods" Mr. Rodriguez said. "Merchants don't carry weapon like you people do. You are no merchant you are liars" The bandit leader said and hissed as Mr. Rodriguez.

"He is right sir we are just merchants who were interested in selling some goods" I said. His attention snapped into me from Mr. Rodriguez. "Now that you have run into us Poor Merchant I may propose you a deal" The Bandit leader said. "I will not be dealing you in this life or next" Mr. Rodriguez said angrily.

"If you don't listen to me right now you may don't have a chance again in this life or next" The man warned. "Mr. Rodriguez just let's see what kind of proposal he has for us" I said intervening.

"Woman is smarter than you" The bandit leader complimented. "Right what is that you want as a price for letting us go from here" I asked. "Just one thing and that is you" Bandit leader said and out his hands under my chin.

"Don't touch her" Mr. Rodriguez said. "We are not giving up My lady for our freedom" Ibrahim spoke rather angrily. "Then I have to kill you all and take her by force" Bandit leader said unsheathing his deadly crooked sword.

I can see that Mr. Rodriguez would be the first one he would take out. "Ok ok stop don't hurt him you...you can have me" I said and both Mr. Rodriguez and Ibrahim looked at me with wide eyes. "My Lady" "Katherine" Both said at the same time.

"I told you I will not leave you alone" I said and crashed my lips against Mr. Rodriguez. I pulled back. I leaned very close to Mr. Rodriguez and whispered "go and don't look back I will find a way to get out" "let them go now. I am yours from this moment." I said after I pulled back.

Bandits came and took Mr. Rodriguez and others to a distance but I can see from there. They were crouched down and his eyes met mine questioning me. I tried to convey assured look.

"The night is falling and we will celebrate today I gained a very beautiful treasure" The bandit leader said touching my shoulder. I almost cringed at touch. He then threw me over a camel and took me somewhere. I didn't say much because they covered my eyes.

Look for the right chance to free yourself. I looked as they released Mr. Rodriguez and others. At least I have a less thing to worry about. I stayed silent scanned the surrounding. They had untied me but I was still inside a well guarded tent. I have to find a way to run.

Night felled and they begin the celebration. The bandit leader came and sat beside me. "I know you are the one who helped The Englishman kill Daniels" My blood ran cold with his statement. Show no fear. Show no fear. "I might say exotic beauty is a very suitable name for you" He added. Be brave be brave.

"How do you know?" I asked. "I know everything what goes around here. They are after forbidden treasure and it belongs to us" He stated. "So that's why you wanted to kill Mr. Rodriguez?" I asked.

"I have many more reason to kill him and one of them is you" He said. "But you have acquired me" I said. "Not yet you like him and I know that so until he is dead you will try to return to him" He said.

"I am here and I am not going away" I said trying to keep my voice void of emotions. "You are lying you will try to return to him no matter what" He said. "Why do all of you want to kill him?" I asked getting frustrated. "Because he is in the way" He said. His robe was as black as night. "Who are you? What do you want from me?" I asked.

"I am Judah and you are the thing I want not just because you are with him but I wanted you since I saw you in London" He revealed. "London? How do you know?" I asked. "I never seen you before and you are not from Egypt are you even a real bandit?" I asked again. He chuckled.

"I am very real Katherine and I am a bandit by profession" He said. "how do you know my name?" I asked. "I know more than just your name I know your father who have gone missing. I saw him when he left with the people for the dig." He said. He is lying. "No you? Then why did you left him?" I asked. "Your father did nothing to me he was just following the orders like others." He said. His eyes were unusually bright. It reminded me of the predators. Their eyes too glowed at night.

I know I have to get out of here but I should collect some information first. "Judah how did I never saw you in London?" I asked.

Slowly moving my arm along his hand. "Because I chose not to show myself to you I knew you will come looking for your father here." He said. "how can you say that?" I asked. "Because I know what are you capable of and that is why I want you" He said.

Ok so he knows about it. Judah right? I know what I have to do. "So Judah you worked for Mr. Daniels? Did you killed Mr. Rodriguez's men?" I asked. "you are always the curious one aren't you?" He asked.

"yeah I guess" I said. I poured him another drink. "why aren't you celebrating?" He asked leaning closer to me. His breath reek of alcohol.

"I don't drink" I said. "come on Just one with us. Let's celebrate that you are mine now" Judah said. Hah in your dream bandit. "sure but can I have a little alone time just five minutes and can I change my cloths?" I asked. "Farad go with her and keep and eye on her" He instructed.

I quickly shuffled my shack. Thank goodness they didn't take anything. Now what I was looking for? I hope I didn't dropped it. I saw the purple pouch. When I was busy roaming Egyptian market I bought something's of my own. This pouch was one of them. It contains a powder special one. I didn't knew that I will need this early. I was going to use it on Emilia.

I quickly changed to other pair of cloths. The black one. I can easily blend with the night now. I came back and pour Judah another drink. "so did you know daniels?" I asked in a low husky tone.

"yes done business with him sometime ago" He said. Get drunk you fool. I poured another glass . "Why are you hate Rodriguez?" I asked. "Because he is the only thing standing between me and you Love" I cringed at the voice saying me love.

When Christen says this I feel warmth spread through my body. "Kiss me like you kissed him" He said. "I will but then it would not mean anything I don't like him. But you..." I paused. I don't believe I am saying this to him.

"Me?" He asked. He is intoxicated. "Yes you. You killed all those men on your own. And you are more manlier than Mr. Rodriguez. I love your type of guys" I said trailing my fingers along his torso. I saw He was looking at me. Now it is my chance. Most of the men are too much intoxicated.

I put a little powder into his glass and hid the powder into my sack. I poured the wine. And handed it to him. "I want your men to except me" I said. "Well even if they don't you will still be my queen" He said. "but I don't want that I want them to accept me for real." I said.

"What you want me to do?" he asked. "I want to serve them liquor I want to feel welcome" I said. "She want you to drink with her hail to our new queen" Judah said and raise his glass.

"I will be back with liquor" I said I put the power little in every bottle and taken them out.

I poured them glasses. And I held one myself. Drink to your demise. "I am afraid" I said sitting behind Judah who took another sip from His glass. "Why love?" He asked snaking his arm around me.

"What if someone attack us and take our camels?" I asked. He chuckled. "No one can find this place we are Far East from the city under a oasis and The camels are inside on the end of the tunnel." He said ok that's what I wanted to know and while you are out cold I will find my way out. And he goes down one by one. Right time to head out.

Word Count: 1700

A/N: isn't she is charming. I love writing about her. I loved her character most in this book.

If you like this one make sure to check my others too...

Vote

Comment

Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 709 3
WARNING R-RATED Disaster-in-Waiting was a dream come true for me. Firstly writing it and then sharing it on here and receiving such a wonderful respo...
4K 168 20
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...
68.1K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...