27

"No" James said. "James I have to do this you don't understand he could be hurt" I said. "Katherine I am worried to but this is a foolish decision. You are not cut up for this work.

You can get hurt. Even if you reached there then what? What if you too get lost inside that maze?" He asked. "I am his protector I have to do this. This is my duty towards my employer" I said.

"Katherine I cannot let you go knowing that it may mean I never would have see you again." He said. "James it could be same for him and I... I didn't parted with him on good terms. He misunderstood me. I cannot live my whole life knowing that I could have saved him but I didn't" I said.

"I am Sorry James" I said as I took a little pouch containing basic supplies and got inside the little tiny space. "Ibrahim stay here and watch make sure no one can interrupt me again and try to clear out the space." I said. "As you wish my lady." Ibrahim said.

"Katherine don't do this" James said again. "I don't have a choice James forgive me" I said as I put another foot inside the space when I was halfway inside I asked for the lamp. And then I slid inside and landed on the ground. "Katherine are you alright?" I heard James's voice call. "Yes make sure you try to clear the way" I said. "ok stay safe" James said.

I lit the lamp which help me see further into darkness. "Mr. Rodriguez?" I called. The entire place was in ruins. It is almost as if someone intentionally made it collapse to cut him from outer world. "Please be ok" I prayed.

There was no sign of Me. Rodriguez in that chamber. I looked that it was a hallway stretched long.

I went back to the place I came inside from. "Ibrahim" I called. "Yes My lady" He said. "Did you find him?" James asked. "no he is not here I am going to check little further. I need my sword" I said.

Minutes later I heard a clinking noise of something dropping into the surface. "Don't go far wandering come back to this point and we will take you out" James said. "Ok" I said but I knew I won't go to follow the instruction.

I picked up the package and my sword. I miss the gun on me now. I wished I wouldn't left it into my tent. I saw strange marks onto the dirt almost if someone had dragged someone.

So there could be someone who had hurt Mr. Rodriguez or Mr. Rodriguez could have somehow killed him and dragged it away.

I wish it would be the later. But somewhere in my chest the feeling was spreading that it is not the situation. In that case I need to put my guard up because there are more than one men in here and they are not here on vacation. "Please be alright Mr. Rodriguez" I prayed again and started to follow the marks.

I walked aimlessly into the hallway. Twisting and turning wherever the mark took me. I have to cover my nose because it doesn't smell so nice. It ended up in a chamber. I walked inside cautiously. As I went inside the chamber door closed on me. It was indeed a trap. I saw there Mr. R0driguez in flesh.

I kept my lamp down and checked him. He was breathing. "Mr. Rodriguez" I shook him. "Mr. Rodriguez wake up please" I said. He still didn't move. I took out some water and sprinkled on him. "Christen wake up" I said again. This time he moved his eyes slowly.

Then they open. His green eyes were watching me confused. "Why are you holding me like this Miss Davis?" He asked. "Thank god. You are alright Mr. Rodriguez." I said hugging him. He was still stiff into my arms.

"Where are we?" He asked getting up. I saw a cut on his arm and on his head. "Let me clean that up first" I said.

"It's alright Miss Davis I will not die with this tiny cut" He said. My eyes narrowed but I didn't say anything in return. "What happened Dear cat got your tongue? No comebacks?" He mocked me. In this situation to Mr. Rodriguez you never fail to humor me. I got up when it was done.