18

"So what you want to know Miss Davis?" He asked. "I want to know that was it all an act? The way you acted at the hotel?" I asked. "Is there any specific reason why you want to know Miss Davis?" He asked.

That's not right you cannot answer a question with another question Mr. Rodriguez. "No not any specific reason Sir I would like to know so that I can probably figure you out a little bit more" I said. That's right it didn't betray anything.

"You cannot figure me out Miss Davis it is just useless and waste of time. In our world time is Money and Money is power so wasting time means wasting money and your maybe only chance to be above all" He said so he is back to being arrogant. No that came out wrong. He was always this arrogant. He was born this way.

"Now Miss Davis anything else you want to know which involves not figuring me out?" He asked surprisingly calm voice. "Why did you kiss me Mr. Rodriguez? Not once but twice" I asked harshly. "I felt like it" he said casually.

"Mr. Rodriguez you cannot steal the first kiss away from a girl just because you felt like it" I said. "I didn't know that it was your first kiss Miss. Davis" He said. "So if you knew would you have been done the same?" I asked timidly. "Yes, I would have I can do anything that would be necessary to save my business empire from possible threats" he said.

"So how kissing me did would have saved your business empire?" I asked. "It made people believe that you and I are really is engaged. That we are real couple and are visiting the country for a romantic holiday" He said in an emotionless voice.

"What about those fights? What about when you said I am yours and you will make me submit to you?" I asked. "Which couple don't have friendly quarrel Miss Davis?" He asked.

"And what I said before was true I don't like when anyone defy my orders" He said venomously.

He leaned close to me. Our faces were almost touching. "I know I make you nervous at many levels Miss Davis. I know you are afraid of me. I can feel you fear rolling off from you.

I said before and I am saying now Miss Davis I cannot be compassionate, I cannot love anyone. But it will not stop me from winning. It will not stop me from taming you. It will not stop me from proving you wrong. You said I cannot have you but that is where you are wrong Miss Davis. You will give in sooner or later" he said and then pulled back returning to his normal position.

So it was all a game for him. Emotions doesn't involve here. He was playing a dangerous game and here my heart was on stake

. No matter what happens I will protect myself from him. I had protected me from men all my life this one man is no difference.

Are you sure about that?

Yes I am he doesn't change anything. I will not submit to him. Not now not ever.

I started to laugh and he glared at me. "So it was all just a game to you Mr. Rodriguez? I thought it was real at few point but now I know how fake it had been.

And guess what once I go back from here I won't be seeing you anymore Mr. Rodriguez. I am sure my father will be very happy to help finding a fiancé for me as soon as I reach London" I said.

I knew I will not going to tied down to anyone but he don't have to know that. For now all I need is to crush his dreams of having me.

He looked into my eyes and then suddenly his lips met mine for a possessive kiss. I pushed him back and he fell down to the floor.

"Never kiss me again" I said trying to control my erratic breathing. "You will always Miss me Katherine no one can be like me. No one can come close to me. You will miss my presence.

Whenever your father finds you a man you will always compare him to me. You carve power, you carve freedom. You carve something only I can give you. And that is why Miss Davis you will willingly become mine. Love isn't a factor here.

You don't believe in love, neither do I but we both believe in power, and I am the only one who can make you feel powerful. I am the only one who can harness it from you put it in right place and give you what you seek from so long.

For I can only appreciate your true potential and you want it. You want them recognize you not as a mere small girl but as a true warrior and Miss Davis only I can help you achieve it." He said in a grave tone. And a mysterious glint in his eyes.

I hate to admit that he is right. I hate to admit it that he can read me like an open book but I cannot do the same for him. I hate him because he is perfect. But I will not miss him.

He may understand my true potential but that's it nothing else. I will not compare him with anyone. I know it I just have to prove it to him as soon as I leave this place.

Rest of the evening I stood far away from his presence. My lips were still tingling from when he had kissed me. He sat up leaning against one of the walls looking at me intently. He was like a predator and I am his favorite prey.

I can feel his intense gaze burning on my back. I have to make my defenses stronger than before because I am up against an enemy who show new face every day.

I don't know exactly what he will do next. But knowing Mr. Rodriguez he will not fail to surprise me. He is unpredictable. Exactly the thing, which makes him more deadly and dangerous.

I watch as the sun go down over the horizon. And I fought to keep my eyes open. All this thinking and fighting with myself making me tired. "you should sleep miss Davis" He said.

"I don't want you to fall down from the camel during our journey" He added without looking up from whatever he is doing.

"I am fine" I said and yawned. Maybe he is right I should just close my eyes for few minutes. It won't hurt just few minutes. I said to myself as I closed my eyes and everything faded into blackness.