13

We returned back to the hotel. I was still in shock from what happened. Not to mention that he was covered in blood.

Thankfully no one was around when we returned. He got inside his room which was adjoining to mine. "I should go" I said in timid voice. "Stay" he said.

He took my hands into his and looked at my fingers. "Your fingers are bleeding. You clutched the dagger on the wrong side" he said.

"I will clean it up or else it will be infected." He added and I just nodded. I was numb the gunshot was still ringing in my ears. "Are you alright love?" he asked but all I heard was the voice which held no remorse.

"You should be very, very afraid"

Those six words were all I can hear. His bloody face was all I can see I thought he will interrogate him further but just killed him. And the thing is don't care about it. He doesn't fear anything or anyone.

He murdered him in cold blood. I am afraid. I am very afraid. I want to say these words. I wanted to get away from him. But all I felt was numb. My legs were not moving. My voice is gone.

"Hey Katherine are you alright?" he asked again. "no... no I am not y..yo...you killed that person... you murdered him. Get away... get away from me. You could have left him there you could have but you didn't you killed him... you shot him" I finally managed to say.

"I hate you" I added slowly. And the tears escaped my eyes. He sat down in front of me and pulled me into his warm embrace.

"Katherine I cannot let you go not because you saw anything. Murders happen daily for little things, little fights it's not a little thing. If I didn't kill him when I did I wouldn't have survived the night.

Like he said their main target is me. You have to understand Katherine you are in my world now they will know it was me and they will target you too.

I can keep you safe and you can protect me like you did today." He said stroking my hairs like a little child.

I wanted to say that I believe him. But I cannot. I am afraid of him. He had killed once. He can kill again. How can I trust him?

He betrayed my trust again and again. But I have to stick with him at least until I find my father. I have to be on guard. From now on I have to sleep with my eyes open.

If he is right then there will be more. There will be more than this. And he can protect me. At least he says so. I pulled back and he looked into my eyes.

"Are you alright?" he asked. I nodded and let me go. "it will be better if you sleep in my room from now on. Ibrahim will stand guard." He said in a dismissive voice that means it would leave no room for further discussion.

"I will bring you change of cloth" He said as he was about to leave I held his hand and said. "D...Don't go Pl...please. I...I do...don't want to be alone". He looked at me pulled me up. "Will you be comfortable in this attire?" he asked.

I nodded. "You can take the bed I will sleep there" he said pointing to the sitting area. I tried to remove the head cover but my hands were trembling so much.

"Let me" he said. He carefully removed the head cover and then the mask.

Then he removed the jewelries one after another. His hand stopped on my legs. "May I?" he asked and I nodded. He removed the belt hidden around my waist. Then he took care of the dagger around my thigh. "Why didn't you tell me it was tight look it left a mark on your skin" he said suddenly getting up.

"I...I am alright sir" I said. He suddenly pulled me into his embrace. "I was afraid inside there. When he pulled the gun on me I thought I may be not able to protect you" he said in a venerable voice.

It was the same voice I heard when he was alone with me on the deck. When he said he was like this since he can remember. When he said he cannot be how to be compassionate. I cannot get it. Still he was just as mysterious to me as he was before. He pulled back and apologized for his behavior.

I didn't know who was the real Christen Ace Rodriguez. The intimidating businessman world knows or this man who was afraid because he thought he could not save me. I cannot figure him out and as the day passes from my hand.

I don't know what I can say about this man. The covers that keep him hidden from everyone were getting thicker and almost impenetrable day by day.

I tossed and turned on bed that night. I didn't get any wink of sleep. As I close my eyes all I could see was the bloody face. Nightmares like no others dotted my vision. I woke up screaming every time I get a wink of sleep.

I looked at him. He was covered in sweat clutching the sheets tighter around his body. It was the first time I saw him like this in days.

I clutched the sheets tighter around me. I walked up to him and I sat down on my knees. Maybe he is having a nightmare. I should wake him up. I let go of my sheets and slowly moved my fingers through his hair.

Maybe it would relax him. It did the work for me whenever I panicked. Too bad it was my mother's touch and I almost forgot how it felt until... I saw piercing green eyes meeting my blue ones. He clutched my hand tightly.

His eyes were cold and devoid of any emotion. Then he let go of my hand and interlaced his fingers with me.

The sheets fell down and his naked upper body revealed. He picked let my hand go and he put one hand under my head and another under my waist and picked me up. He carefully placed me on the bed and settled down beside me.

"Why are you awake at this hour?" he asked. "Nightmares" I said. He didn't say anything but he pulled me closer.

"Sleep Love we have many things to do tomorrow" he said. I closed my eyes and saw his face again but surprisingly it started to fade and I felt myself consumed by darkness and a hand softly running through my hairs. I didn't wake up till morning surprisingly.

A/N: What you think about Christen Ace Rodriguez? Do you think he is good person?