28

Mr. Rodriguez and I followed the path as indicated into the makeshift map made by my father. We are down here for hours. Still we are no were close to finding the treasure or my father.

My legs are hurting from walking . We came across five traps till now. I still am not sure how many more we have to go through before we can go out and see the daylight.

"I think we can stop for few minutes here I am tired" Mr. Rodriguez announced. I nodded and sat down. It was another chamber.

But this one is full of hieroglyphics. "What is this place" I said picking up the lamp examining the text. Mr. Rodriguez too followed my lead and started to examine the text.

"So much to learn from here miss Davis" He said. "I never think you are a admirer of history" I said. "There is more to me than meets the eye Katherine" He said. "

So what does it say?" I asked. "It about the origin of human kind. Birth, different stages of life, marriage , continuation of family, death, afterlife" He said.

He sat down again. "come here miss Davis" He said. I sat beside him. Should I tell him that it may be a trap we are walking into? "What is bothering you Miss Davis?" He asked. "Nothing sir" I said. "You know it was very selfless of you to come inside the place to rescue me" he said. Not selfless but selfish. I don't want him to die.

I want him for something. I am not sure if it is for money or sense of security he provides me. "no it was not selfless sir. It is selfish because I didn't wanted to let go of you easily." I said looking at his face which is illuminated by soft glow of lamp. "Will it be too selfish if I say that my intentions with you were not pure either from the beginning?" He asked me.

"You have indicated that from beginning Mr. Rodriguez" I reminded him. "I never lose control over myself Miss Davis but with you it is so hard for me to keep my actions in check" He said inching closer to me.

"So that is why you want me to work for you sir as your protector?" I asked. "no I want you to work for me as my assistant and protector Miss Davis. Like I said before I want what is best and you are the best" He said.

"About that kiss" I said. He suddenly pulled back. His eyes harden again. "About your love life Miss Davis I do not care what you do" He said. "I didn't kissed him back" I said.

"But you didn't pushed him away too miss Davis so your point is?" He said. "My Point is your jealousy can be sensed by anyone Mr. Rodriguez" I said.

He suddenly pinned me to the ground. "My Jealousy is what you haven't seen yet Miss Davis. You are not mine. If you were no other male other than me could have came close to you ever .

I wish you never have to see my possessive side Miss Davis because I do not let go of things I fond of easily Miss Davis" He said.

"So you are not fond of me?" I asked. "You have no Idea how much I am trying not to be." He said. "When we get out and if we find my father after that..." I paused. "You will no longer be my employee.

You will just be someone I know" He said. "We may never meet again" I said. My heart sank even thinking about this. But I have no choice. I cannot be with a heartless man. "I am not that easy to get rid off and I have my eyes on you Miss Davis" He said getting up.

"Now where too?" I asked. "Straight tunnel another trap is waiting for us." He said. "Salt acid" I read. "it's all about balancing our pressure on the tile so we don't trigger anything." He said.

"And burn to death" I said. "Good now miss Davis for this I am going to pick you up because I need to balance the pressure on the floor. Your father used the stones he found here but in our case we are two" He said.