Dogs, Bats & Monkeys Series:...

By CatMint5

This book is going to be a compilation of one-shots, short stories, character trivia and interviews, and what... More

A Day Just For Us (Blurb)
A Day Just for Us (One-Shot)
Character Interview with Rhys & Riley (PART II)
Alec & Riley (One-Shot)
Mini Interview with Alec
Sixteen Facts about Alec
Supernatural Glossary for the Dogs, Bats and Monkeys Series
Character Interview with Adrian Monroe
Callum's Character Profile + Something Special about Him
Ask Kennedy (A Character Interview)
Humans & Humanoid Species 101 - Vampires: Dayers vs Nighters
Humans & Humanoid Species 101 - Shifters. Intro.
Pet Interview: Luna, Luca & Bear
Pet Interview: Luna, Luca & Bear - PART TWO
Humans & Humanoid Species 101 - Shifters. Basic Laws of Shifting.
Kennedy's Story: Title, Cover, Blurb & Teaser
Answering Your Questions about Shifting and Hybrids
DB&MS Characters: What They Want for Their Birthdays
Alec's Family Tree (+ Some Info on His Relatives)
Horace's Character Profile
Horace's Mate's Profile
Multi Character Q&A: School
Kennedy's Story: Change Announcement
Character Profile and Inspiration Board: Adam
The Bullets Council Members
Quiz: Which DB&M Character is Your Perfect Valentine's Date
Keri's Family Tree
Milkshake Recipe: The One Riley Made for Alec
Dogs, Bats & Monkeys Series Trivia: How the Series Started
It's Crossword Time
DB&MS Characters GUESS WHO Game (Emoji Version)
DB&MS Characters GUESS WHO Game: Answers
Relationship Advice from the DB&MS Characters
ALEC'S CHILDHOOD: VISITING

Character Interview with Rhys & Riley

739 26 4
By CatMint5

Note: Rhys and Riley are here to answer questions by you, my readers. Since there were a lot of questions, I split the interview in two. Both parts were originally posted on my blog. Here's the first part, which I've altered slightly so it will be up to date.

WARNING: Contains some spoilers for You Are the Answer and We Are the Answer, so I suggest you read this after you've finished at least one of them.

*Rhys and Riley walk into the living room.*

Me: Hello, boys! Make yourselves comfortable.

Riley: You do realize that Rhys and I are in our house, right?

*Riley sits on the sofa and Rhys makes himself comfortable next to his mate.*

Rhys: Well, she created us. I guess she gets to boss us around.

Me: For a Beta, you take well being bossed around, Rhys.

Rhys: If I didn't, I'd be an Alpha.

Me: True, true. Anyway, our readers have a bunch of questions for you two, but how about you first introduce yourselves for those who are not reading my Dogs, Bats & Monkeys series?

*Rhys turns to Riley.*

Rhys: Would you like to go first?

Riley: Not really.

Rhys: Okay. *He clears his throat.* My name is Rhys Flemings and I am a shape shifter. Some would call me a werewolf since the animal I morph into is a wolf. I was born and raised in Woodville, in the Silver Bullets pack. The pack consists only of wolf shifters, one werewolf/human hybrid and, of late, Riley...

Riley: Wait, wait, wait... There's a hybrid in the pack?

Rhys: Yes, Galen Hardy. Haven't I told you about him?

Riley: I'm pretty sure I would've remembered if you had.

Rhys: I'm sorry! I guess it never came up.

Riley: That's okay. *Riley smiles.* Just introduce me to him later.

Rhys: Riley... You've already met.

Riley: We have? It's just such a big pack...

Rhys: I know. Don't worry about it. You've been with us for a very short while. You have all the time in the world to get to know all the Bullets. *He looks at me.* Now where was I?

Me: Something about being born in Woodville and the pack consisting of wolf shifters.

Rhys: Ah, yes. Thank you. Everyone in my family apart from one nephew...

Me: *Murmuring* Who we are going to have to mention later.

*Rhys raises and eyebrow and Riley looks first at him, then at me, confused.*

Me: *Louder* Later.

Rhys: Apart from one nephew, all of my family is wolf shifters. I have an older brother – Everett, and two younger ones – Carter and Kennedy. I'm twenty-four and I've only recently found my mate which is rather strange as we are able to recognize them once we turn sixteen. Most couples have already gone through the mating ceremony by the time they are twenty.

Me: We'll get back to that too. The mating ceremony, I mean.

*Rhys completely ignores me and takes Riley's hand in his.*

Rhys: For a very long time I thought I might never find you. Now that I've met you, I don't know how I would live without you.

Riley: You won't have to. I'm right here.

Me: Right here and ready to introduce yourself, I hope.

Riley: Erm... *He gives us a little wave.* Hi. I'm Riley. I'm human, eighteen and I... I don't really want to talk about my family.

*I put a hand on his knee.*

Me: And you don't have to. Rhys though...

Rhys: What about me?

Me: There's a question for you from @Akiraki123. It's about Riley's family.

Rhys: And the question is for me?

*I nod.*

Me: @Akiraki123 asks what do you think you'd do, if you met Riley's family? Would you yell, look disappointedly at them, or just ask how could they throw their own son out just because of his sexual orientation?

Rhys: I admit that at first I was furious with them. To throw away their sixteen year old son on the streets just because he is gay? *He pauses, balling his fists.* What kind of parent would do that to their child? What kind of human being would do such a thing to another human being? I was furious. I was definitely going to yell at them. It would've taken all of my self-control not to physically lash out on them. But Riley wants to forget about them. *He turns to his mate, looking into his eyes.* You really are a good person, Riley. After all you've been through with them and because of them, you don't want to see them hurt. That's why I won't do anything to your parents and brother. I won't search for them, I won't ask why or how could they do this to you... I'll try to forget about them, just like you are trying.

*Riley leans his head on Rhys' shoulder.*

Me: Okay, let's get to the more light-hearted questions, shall we? How about... Let's see... *I shuffle through my notes.* "Okay, how about this one by @Wonder_Ghost? She's got a lot of questions, but this one will be pretty easy for one of you... *I glance at Rhys.* ... to answer: guinea pig or a cat?

Rhys: Guinea pig, obviously. You know how I feel about cats.

Riley: Is both on option?

Rhys: Riley, you know I don't like cats.

Riley: And you won't get one even for me?

Rhys: I don't think Luna will be happy with a cat.

Me: Oh, yeah... Where is the little pup?

Riley: We left her with Kennedy. It's such a sunny day and we wanted to give her a chance to play outside. After all, we don't know how long this interview will last. By the time we are done, it might be dark outside. *He turns back to Rhys.* Luna is still little and she's a Golden Retriever; I'm sure she'll get on with whatever other pets we get. Cats included.

Rhys: Can't we just get a bunch of puppies? We both like puppies.

Riley: But I also like cats.

*Rhys sighs.*

Rhys: Fine, if it means so much to you... We'll... Get a cat.

*Riley grins and lifts himself up to peck Rhys on the lips.*

Riley: Or we can just stick to the puppies.

Rhys: I thought you wanted a cat?

Riley: I just wanted to see if you'd leave that option open. I won't go out to buy a cat, but if I see a cute, defenseless kitten left on its own, I can't promise I won't bring it home.

Me: So you both want a dog, you have nothing against a guinea pig and you don't plan to get a cat, but you might end up with one?

Riley: Yep.

Rhys: I guess so.

*I take a pen and scribble down in my notebook.*

Rhys: What are you doing?

Me: Taking notes on your answers so I can use them later.

Riley: But you already wrote our story. I mean, both versions - You Are the Answer and We Are the Answer - are finished.

Me: True, I've written your story and from two points of view at that, but you boys are part of the Dogs, Bats & Monkeys series and you'll be present in other books, although not as main characters.

Riley: In all other books?

Me: You are in Keri's Sentiments & Reason, in Alec's Sweeter than Sweets, and in Kennedy's story as well. More than Friends, Maybe is a working title.

*The boys nod.*

Me: Obviously, you'll be in there. Keri is the Silver Bullets' Alpha and your best friend, Rhys, and Kennedy is your baby brother.

Rhys: I know that.

Me: I was just clarifying for those who haven't read the books with you. By the way, I'm about to start uploading your nephew Alec's story these days.

Rhys: You can keep us out of that one.

Me: Are you sure?

Rhys: Yes, I'm sure.

Me: But I was thinking about him being nice for once...

*Rhys snorts.*
Rhys: My nephew? Nice? He's too much like his mother. And I would never call that vampire nice. Not after what she did to Everett.

*His fists ball again, but Riley puts his hands over Rhys' and the shifter relaxes.*

Me: Well, not throughout the whole book – I mean, jerk is one of his main characteristics - but he could have a moment or two when he does something nice for someone. Well, maybe. Anyway. After Alec's book, there will be Kennedy's and you two will be in it.

Rhys: Of course we will! Kennedy and I are really close. And so are he and Riley.

Riley: Yeah, from your siblings, I like Kennedy the most. *He smiles.*

Rhys: I hope you give my little brother a good story, Dilyana.

Me: He is one of my favorite characters so I'll definitely try. Besides, he's a fan favorite so I better try... If I value my life...

*Both boys laugh.*

Me: Have you read the comments to your stories on wattpad? He has a HUGE fan base!

Riley: It's hard to resist the boy's charm.

Me: Maybe his love interest will resist him...

*Rhys slides to the end of the couch and leans towards me.*

Rhys: Love interest? You are giving Kennedy a love interest?

Me: Well, he turns sixteen in his book and you know what that means. *I grin.*

Rhys: The Age of Recognition. He'll be able to recognize his mate!

Me: Yep. But now let's get back to the questions. This interview is turning more about the series than the two of you.

Rhys: But I want to know more about my brother!

Me: Nope. Not giving you spoilers.

Riley: Come on, Dilyana... Please!

Me: Riley Rivers, you can bat your eyelashes at me all day long. I'm not Rhys; it won't work.

*Riley sighs and leans back.*

Me: Now, let's get back to the questions. Oh, here's one that involves Kennedy.

*Rhys perks up.*

Me: Rhys, @Wonder_Ghost wants to know who is a bigger perv - you or Kennedy?

*Riley giggles and covers his mouth with his hand. Rhys goes red.*

Rhys: I'm not a perv! And neither is my brother! He's just a kid!

Me: Okay, okay! Don't shout at me; I'm only passing on what the readers asked in the comments.

Rhys: Just... Just move on to another question.

Me: Okay, let's see... *I going through my notebook again.* There are a lot of questions about your wedding.

Riley: We are having a wedding?

Me: Maybe.

Rhys: But you have planned a mating ceremony, right? You promised us one.

Me: Yep.

*Rhys is visibly pleased.*

Me: This will be a good time to explain what the mating ceremony is, but...

Riley: But what?

Me: But this interview has gotten so long! And I've barely asked any questions. Maybe we should have another go at this. We'll stick to the readers' questions then. Well, except for explaining what the mating ceremony is.

Riley: Do you think anyone would be interested in reading that second interview?

Me: I don't see why not. They were interested in asking you questions, weren't they?

Rhys: She has a point. On both accounts - the length and people being interested in us.

Riley: In you mostly, I'm sure. You are the more interesting one.

*Rhys turns around in the couch so he could hug Riley.*
Rhys: Nah. I find you fascinating.

Riley: But, Rhys, it's you who...

Me: Let's just wrap this up, shall we? Before you two get all lovey-dovey.

Rhys: Sure.

*It's my turn to narrow my eyes at him.*

Me: You just want me to leave so you can take advantage of being alone and do naughty stuff, don't you?

*Both boys blush.*

Rhys: I thought we were wrapping this up.

Riley: Yeah, let's.

Me: So, any parting words for our readers?

Rhys: Just that we are flattered and grateful for all the attention and support the readers have given us and the series.

Riley: Yes, we really appreciate that and we hope to see everyone in the next interview as well. We'll try to stick to the questions so you'll get to find out what you want about us.

Me: Well, you heard the boys. Thank you for your support of the series and see you next week in the second part of the interview!

What do you think of the interview?

Too long?

Didthe boys surprise you?

Will you be reading Part II?

Please support Part I with a VOTE if you enjoyed it!

As always: if you have ideas/requests for future extras, leave them in the comments.

I hope you have a great time wattpadding!

PS: Thank you to everyone who submitted questions for the boys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 1.2K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
5.1M 45.3K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
129K 2.9K 56
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad