Good vs. Gangster

Galing kay tumblrchilddd

Kim is a junior in college with a perfect relationship, a perfect family, and a perfect life. Sometimes perfe... Higit pa

1.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
Epilouge

2.

8.7K 318 339
Galing kay tumblrchilddd

Kim

"Class is dismissed," my professor said before everyone practically trampled over each other to get out of the classroom.

It was now summer time and we were off. I couldn't be more excited knowing that I didn't have to stay up all night trying to finish homework or proofread an essay.

I could kick up my feet and relax. Summer was the time that would make up for me missing all the frat parties that were being thrown during the semester.

As soon as my foot hit the sidewalk, my best friend, Milan, was behind me calling my name. I turned around to see her jogging towards me. Her long black ponytail bounced as her feet took turns hitting the pavement.

She stopped directly in front of me before pulling me into a hug. "Bestie!" she said, dragging out the e.

Milan and I had been best friends since middle school. She was my ride or die, my bitch, and my sister. Of course we had to attend the same college.

"Hey babe. How was class?"

She fake yawned before shaking her head. "Boring, per usual."

Milan never liked going to school, but she was smart as hell. She earned full scholarships to several different colleges but of course she picked the one I picked.

"Well at least we're off for the summer now," I chuckled before looping my arm around hers.

"My cousin is throwing a party tonight. We definitely have to go."

I huffed before rolling my eyes. I liked parties but every time Milan brought me to one, I ended up going home early.

"The parties you bring me to always take a turn for the worst. I think I'll pass," I said, pursing my lips together.

She kissed her teeth before looking at me. "There's going to be some fine ass guys there. You know you wanna come," she said, doing a quick little dance.

I laughed at her before shaking my head. "I'm in a relationship, remember? But fine, I'll go with you. As soon as I feel like the party is about to turn stupid, I'll be leaving."

"Oh I can assure you that you're gonna love it."
******
"You look tasty. Where you getting all dressed up to go to?" Lo asked, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

I smiled to myself as I continued to apply lipgloss.

"I'm going to a party with Milan. She invited me to her cousin's party."

"Awe man. I had a little dinner planned for us along with some other stuff."

We hadn't gone on a date in a while so I instantly started to feel bad. Every time we would make plans, they would get canceled due to our busy schedules.

I turned around to look at him before wrapping my arms around his neck. "I could cancel. You know I love spending time with you."

"No, don't cancel. I wouldn't want to upset Milan," he chuckled.

I studied his facial expression to make sure he was sure. "Are you sure?"

"Babe I'm positive. Go out and have fun with your friends. I know you've been stressed out from school. Take some time and have fun," he kissed my cheek before heading out of the bathroom.

Hurrying and finishing my makeup, I grabbed the curling iron and put a few waves in my hair before spraying it with hair spray. I then spritzed a little of Nicki Minaji's Pink Friday perfume before heading out of the bathroom.

"Lo?" I called out through the apartment as I tried to strap my sandals.

Since I had these long ass acrylics on, it was hard for me to strap them up. He was always there to help me.

Once I didn't receive an answer, I tied a little knot in the straps to keep it secure.

Hopping into the next room, I saw Lo sitting on the couch, engaged in a conversation. I took it upon myself to plop right on his lap.

"Ow, heavy ass," he chuckled before hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" I asked, trying to get a peek.

He placed his phone down before shrugging. "Just work. Lift up your foot."

Lo had no reason to lie. I trusted him with my life along with everything else.

Picking up my feet, I watched as he strapped my sandals. Once he was done, I planted a kiss right on his cheek. "I love you," I said before hopping up.

I grabbed my keys to my Silverado before heading out the door.
*****
"Bitch I can't get over how good you look. You must be trying to look good for somebody," Milan said, waving her finger at me as I drove to the party. (Kim below)

"Get your finger out of my face hoe. And I don't even know anyone at that party. This is just a little sum I threw together last minute."

"I believe you since I'm like, your only friend."

As soon as we stepped out the car, the smell of sweat from bodies rubbing together hit me. Milan always took me to these kinds of parties. The music was blasting and the house was full.

Her favorite parties were the hood ones, she couldn't get enough of them. And this one in particular was being hosted by her cousin Demarcus.

He was hood down to the T.

"How do I look?" Milan asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. (Milan below)

I looked her up and down before nodding my head in approval. Milan always looked good, no matter what she wore. She just had it like that.

She winked at me before taking ahold of my hand. I followed behind her as she led through the crowd of sweaty people in the front yard.

We walked up the porch and into the house to be hit with a new smell, alcohol.

"Wassup Mimi," Demarcus said, walking away from a small group of girls in a corner.

He wrapped his large arms around her before rocking with her. I smiled to myself as I watched them greet each other. Demarcus treated Milan like a little sister and they're close bond made me wish I had one like that.

He turned his attention away from her and put it on me. "Wassup Kim. It's been a while since I saw you," he smiled.

"College has been keeping me busy," I chuckled before he gave me a small hug.

"It's all good. Lemme get y'all some drinks. Just go ahead and take a seat anywhere. If somebody in a spot y'all want to sit, tell them get the fuck up," he chuckled before heading towards the back.

"That boy is so in love with you," Milan blurted out before laughing.

My eyes widened at her statement before I shook my head. "I have known Demarcus my whole life. I'm pretty sure if he liked me, he would've fessed up by now."

I always found him cute. At one point I even had a crush on him. That was until Lo swooped into my life and swept me off my feet.

"He's shy, but I know my cousin. He has a thing for you Kim."

"Well he should've hollered at me when I was single," I shrugged.

"Excuse me," a familiar voice said, trying to get past me.

I turned around to see the guy that I met at the mall's face, Paris. Once again, he was looking fine as hell. I guessed that he always dressed like that.

He wasn't even paying attention to me, and I wasn't about to make myself known to him.

"Girl look at that fine ass nigga over there," Milan said, making me turn around to look at her. I followed her eyes to see that she was talking about the guy from the mall.

I definitely agreed with her on that. "Oh yeah, he's cute."

"Come be my wing woman real quick. I'm about to go say hey." She flipped her hair behind her shoulders before grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the spot Paris was standing at.

I rolled my eyes and placed my weight to one side before waiting on Milan to make her move.

She 'mistakenly' bumped into him, causing him to turn around and look at her. "Oh I'm so sorry, I'm clumsy as hell," she chuckled.

I snickered to my self as she did that little voice she always did when talking to a guy.

"You good ma," he said before turning back around.

She was about to tap him again until I stopped her. I didn't want her looking desperate for no nigga. That is not how we do things.

"What?" she kissed her teeth, glaring at me.

"You was about to make yourself look thirsty. How about I just tell him you're interested in him, or throw him a few hints."

"Yeah, you right you right. That was better than what I was about to do. But girl gon head and put in a good word for me," she stuck out her tongue.

I took a deep breath before making my way towards Paris. He was facing in my direction so I was pretty sure he was going to see me.

Before I could even get a word out, he called my name. My eyes widened in shock before I walked over to him.

"Aye didn't I meet you at the mall? You Kim right?" he said with a small smile playing on his face.

I nodded as I tried to see his eyes through the glasses he was sporting. Shades must have been a thing for him. "Yeah, that's me."

"I had saw you earlier but I ain't want you ta think I was weird or nothin'," he said, as if he was nervous, but he sounded ultimately confident.

I blushed to myself before chuckling. "Why would I think you're weird?"

"Ion know, I just be assumin' shit. But what you doin' here lookin' all good? I ain't take you as the party type so somebody must've convinced you ta come."

I was in complete daze until he uttered that sentence. It made me remember that the only reason I came over here was to put in a good word for Milan. He had me so caught up in conversation that I forgot.

I cleared my throat before blowing a piece of hair out of my face. "Yeah, my best friend drug me out here. Look she over there," I said, pointing at her.

He glanced at her before nodding and placing his attention back on me. "Well I'm gon have ta thank her."

"For what?" I rose my brows.

He looked me up and down before licking his lips. "Obviously fa bringing you out," he said as he got closer to me.

The smell of Gucci cologne bounced of his body, almost putting me in a trance. I could feel my cheeks heat up as he stood in front of me.

"You wanna dance with me?" he asked as Birthday Sex boomed through the speakers.

I didn't even think about my answer before I slowly nodded.

He chuckled before placing his drink down and grabbing a hold of my hand. I smiled to myself as he led me in the middle of the room.

Everyone around us was bumping and grinding because Birthday Sex wasn't the type of dance you slow dance to.

The song took over my whole mood and made me just want to enjoy the moment. I didn't even have liquor in my system but I surely felt tipsy.

Paris stood behind me and placed his hands on my hips as we swayed back and forth.

As the song continued, I started to grind on him and from what I felt, he was loving it.

I looked back at him to see that he held a shocked expression on his face. I guess he wasn't expecting that from me.

He turned me around to face him before wrapping his arms around my body. He held me closely as we danced and I was enjoying every moment of it. My cheeks became hot as our faces touched.

Before I knew it, the song went off, causing me to snap out of my trance. I quickly looked around the house to see if I could spot Milan, but she was nowhere to be found.

I glanced over at Paris to see that he was biting his lip. Grinning to myself, I started to walk away before he grabbed my hand.

"Damn, you dance all up on a nigga then try ta leave me. I'm hurt," he chuckled.

I laughed with him before shrugging my shoulders. "I need to go look for my best friend," I said, getting closer to him so he could hear me over the loud music.

"Let me help you."

I nodded before we walked through the house together. By now, almost everyone in the house was drunk except Paris and I.

The house wasn't that big so I eventually gave up on looking. Digging my phone out of my pocket, I shot Milan a quick text.

"She might be outside. It is getting kinda crazy up in here," he said before taking a hold of my hand and guiding me outside.

My phone dinged and I looked down at.

Bestie🤩:I went home, ask ole dude to bring you home since y'all so close.  1:02 am

My jaw dropped in disbelief before I threw my phone back into my purse.

"Why you lookin' like that? What ya lil friend say?" Paris asked as he studied my facial expression.

I didn't want him to know that she left because she was pissed that I was dancing with him. That would make her look insecure.

"Uh, she got sick and went home," I lied through my teeth.

I let out a frustrated sigh because I didn't want to ask a stranger for a ride home, but I was just shaking my ass on him so I guess it didn't matter.

Before I could even ask he spoke before me. "If ya need a ride, I gotcha. I ain't gon leave you out here with all these foreign ass people," he said with a serious look on his face.

"Thank you. I'm so sorry to bother you, but I don't know anybody else here. I rather you bring me home."

His eye red rose in unison before I followed him to his car. My eyes bucked once I saw that he was driving a BMW i8. I automatically wondered what he did for a living.

I tried to open the door to get in but he swatted my hand away before opening the door for me.

I gave him a small smile before hopping in.

He hopped in a zoomed towards the city. We rode in silence until he decided to start up a conversation. "So what music you tryna listen to?" he asked, glancing over at me.

"It's your car, we can listen to whatever you want," I shrugged.

He kissed his teeth before looking. "Guh be fa real," he chuckled.

"Guh? Nigga don't be calling me no guh," I waved my finger at him.

"Well shit, you gon tell me what you wanna listen ta or not?" he laughed.

I playfully rolled my eyes before grabbing the aux cord. I plugged it into my phone before turning on Boo'd Up by Ella Mai.

I turned the volume all the way up before he smacked my hand. "Oh fuck no," he grinned before turning it down.

"Nigga what you doing? That's my shit."

"Oh no baybeh, find somethin' else please."

I rolled my eyes before turning on Nice and Slow by Usher.

"Ooou, yup this my shit," he turned it up some before doing a small dance.

I laughed a little before joining in with his singing.

He handed me his phone so I could type in the directions to Milan's house since my car was over there.

He then turned the music down before looking at me. "So what's the real reason ya friend left ya stranded?" he asked.

"I already told you she got sick and left," I shrugged as I lied.

"I remember the lie ya told me. I'm askin' fa the truth na. Ain't no way she yo best friend and left without telling you cause she got sick."

I pursued my lips together as I listened to him talk. He actually had a point, but I still wasn't going to tell him the truth.

"Welp, that's what she told me."

"Mhm, I bet."
****
After a few more minutes, we finally arrived at Milan's house.

"Thank you for dropping me off. I really appreciate it," I said, reaching into my purse to give him gas money.

"You good, keep that ta go do ya nails or sum," he grinned.

"Whatever Paris," I chuckled before getting out of the car.

As I walked to the door of her house, I looked back to see that he was making sure I got in safely.

I smiled to myself before waving at him. He smiled back before driving off.

I walked into Milan's house to hear music lowly playing through the mounted speakers.

She was sitting on one of the bar stools, smoking a cigarette.

"Hey," I said, making her whip her hair around to look at me. She rolled her eyes before taking a small sip a wine.

"Oh, now you wanna acknowledge me," she mumbled.

"Really? Milan you left me at a fucking party knowing damn well my car was at your house. What was your reason in doing that?" I asked, fuming.

"I don't know why you're so mad. Your little boyfriend brought you home, but you be the first one yelling how you got a boyfriend and Shit, yet you was grinding all on the nigga after I asked you to get his number for me," she rolled her neck.

"We were just dancing."

"Girl, just get yo keys and step. I got work in the morning," she sassed," before practically throwing my keys at me.

They fell to the floor before I picked them up and walked out, slamming the door behind me.
*******

I couldn't wait until tomorrow to update again, so here ya go!

Excuse mistakes and typos.

Yours Truly,
     PrincessNesh💕💋

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

11.3K 433 22
"dad why don't you leave this politician world, i just hate this stuff".. first day of college.. she walked inside the college, where new story of ev...
250K 4.8K 19
Paris is an 18 year old senior in highschool who lives with her mother who has a drug and alcohol addiction. Paris mother is known around town for se...
405K 14.5K 30
Ariana, 17, born in Chicago IL. She get's kicked out of her mothers home and now stays with her dad, and is now on her own attending her last year of...
940K 26.4K 34
21 year old Brittany has been through a tough time in her life. From getting kicked out by her mother to having a baby. But she doesn't regret having...