Umbrella [COMPLETED]

By SophiaMission

"Love is a decision, it is a judgment, it is a promise. If love were only a feeling, there would be no basis... More

Umbrella
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's note :)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 - FINALE -
Author's Note

Chapter 35

187 7 1
By SophiaMission

CHRISTINE BROOKS

-----------------------------------

One, two, three, four months has already passed. Catherine was making progress with her health. She wasn't that skinny now but she was still skinny and she eats more lately. It's a good sign. Well as for me, I haven't made any progress in school.

"Ms. Brooks, please be serious. I need you to focus. How can you survive in this prestigious school with a failing mark like this? You're in Wilson High where students excel not fail.", my teacher said.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't focus lately.", I apologized. My teacher stood up and arranged the papers scattered on her table. Probably those papers were mine.

"Well you have to or else you can't continue here at Wilson High. I'm sorry.", my teacher said.

"I will.", I replied as I turned away and exited the faculty room. I looked at my watch and it was still 12:15. I still have a bit of time to eat. I rushed to the cafeteria and ordered a burger and cola. I told the cafeteria lady to place the food in a paper bag since I didn't plan to eat there. She growled and I awkwardly smiled. Geez. Talk about being grumpy. I took my order and exited the cafeteria. As usual, Michael was at the popular table with his friends and the cheerleaders. I sighed and walked away. While I was walking, I spotted a bench below the insanely huge oak tree and I decided to eat my lunch there. I sat down as the warm breeze touched me. It made relaxed for a bit then I started to eat. I really need to focus. I'll go home right away today and study. The finals is fast approaching and I need to focus. I took a big bite and I choked. I hurriedly grabbed the can of cola and drank.

"Eat slowly.", I heard someone say. I pulled my mouth away from the lid of the can and looked at him.

"I swear you were just at the cafeteria.", I told him.

"Well I saw you hurriedly exit the cafeteria and so I followed you out of curiosity.", Mark replied.

"Oh. I thought you needed something from me.", I told him. An awkward silence followed. I continued to eat and Mark just sat there. I didn't know what to say so I continued eating until I was done.

"How was it?", he asked.

"How was what?", I asked back.

"The food?", he asked.

"Oh! The food. Right. It was good since I love burgers.", I replied.

"You like them?", he asked.

"Yeah? I do.", I replied.

"I see. I know how to make burgers.", he said. I was amazed.

"Really? You do?", I asked. I was like a stupid dog wiggling its tail.

"Of course. Anyone would know to make one.", he said.

"But I don't know how.", I replied.

"Want me to teach you how?", he asked. He'll teach me how to make burgers! But wait, I can't. I frowned and I bet he noticed.

"You don't want?", he asked.

"I would love to but I need to focus for the finals. If I fail, I won't be able to study here anymore.", I replied. I saw that c

worried look on his face and I smiled.

"It's okay. I failed in Geo and Math. I am going straight home today so I can study.", I said.

"I can help you study if you want.", he said.

"You can give me your brain though. With it, I won't need to study.", I joked and he laughed.

"There's no such thing as brain transplant.", he replied.

"Well I wish there was.", I replied. I crumpled the paper bag and threw it in the trash bin together with the can of cola.

"Let's go or you and I would be late for our classes.", I said. He stood  up and approached me.

"Sure.", he replied as we both headed back to our own classrooms.

-------

It was dismissal time and we all went out of our classrooms. I went to my locker and I saw a girl leaning against my locker.

"Excuse me, I can't open my locker.", I kindly said. She looked at me like she was pissed off.

"And you're asking me to move?", she asked and I nodded. She smirked at me together with her friends. She properly stood up and faced me with her elbow against my locker.

"Does it have your name on it? Well, no it doesn't.", she said. Geez.. I'm kind of getting pissed off already.

----------------------------------

MARK SIMPSON

----------------------------------

Michael and I were heading for football practice when we saw Christine was about to be bullied. I tried to go to her but Michael stopped me.

"Aren't we gonna go to her? After all, this is Stacy we're talking about.", I asked.

"Nah. Just watch.", he replied. Seriously, was he her friend or not? Either way, I don't care. Right now, I'm worried for Christine.

-----------------------------------

CHRISTINE BROOKS

-----------------------------------

"Look, I can lean on this locker whenever I want. It doesn't have your name on it so fuck off.", she said. I smirked and I think she got angry like I was about to be strangled to death any minute now.

"Let me ask you, does this locker have your name on it?", I asked. She shrieked. It was like she really wanted to strangle me but she couldn't since her reputation would be ruined.

"Let's just go.", one of her friends said. She shoved me on the shoulder and walked away. I lost my balance when Mark caught me.

"Close call.", he said. I stood up properly and faced them.

"Thanks.", I replied. I opened my locker nd placed my book inside.

"You were awesome out there.", Michael said. I blushed and I didn't dare to turn around.

"Really? Thanks.", I replied. Christine, calm down. Calm down. I inhaled and exhaled then closed my locker. I could feel the warmth of my cheeks subside and that was the time I turned around to face them.

"I'm gonna go home now.", I told them.

"Michael will take you home!", Mark said.

"Huh? I will?", Michael asked.

"Of course you will. You told me awhile ago, remember?", Mark said.

"But I didn't -", Michael was unable to finish talking as Mark pushed Michael beside me.

"I'll tell coach that you caught a cold. Bye!", Mark said as he hurriedly walked away. I sighed amd Michael looked at me. I was really starting to feel concious around Michael.

"So, let's go?", he asked and I nodded. Geez. Now I owe Mark a favor. But, I have to thank him fpr this. I'm really happy right now.

---------------------------------

MICHAEL COLLINS

---------------------------------

I was driving my car and Christine was just looking out the window. During the ride, she never looked at me. She looked like she was nervous or something. I had to calm her down.

"Don't worry, I'm harmless if it's you.", I told her. Then I finally got her to look at me when she faced me.

"What are you talking about?", she asked.

"You look nervous about somethin. Then I thought maybe you were nervous about me.", I told her.

"Oh. I'm not nervous!", she raised her voice. Man, she's clearly giving it a get away.

"Fine. I just wanted to let you know. So, where's your house?", I asked. Christine and I have been friends for awhile now but I never got the chance to visit her house. Well I don't realy care though. I've been too pre occupied with thinking about Catherine.

"Michael?", Christine asked.

"What?", I asked.

"I said it's in Oakridge Street.", she replied. I must have thought hard.

"Oh sorry I spaced out.", I replied.

"Don't space out just because it's a red light.", she scolded me.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm sorry.", I replied. I heard her utter, 'geez, boys these days.' . I sighed and we entered Oakridge Street. I parked in front of a nice looking house. It was warm looking and decent. Both of us went out of the car and I walked her to their front door.

"Thanks for the ride.", Christine said.

"No problem.", I replied.

"Wanna come in?", she asked.

"Nah. It'll be a bother for your parents.", I replied.

"Honey? Is that you?", a mother-like voice said and the front door was opened. I saw an adult woman wearing an apron.

"Oh, you're home.", she said. She must be the mother of Christine.

"Yes, I am. Mom, I would like you to meet my friend, Michael Collins.", Christine said.

"Michael. Is he your boyfriend?", her mom asked. Christine and I startled for we were shocked with her mom's question.

"No!", Christine yelled and rushed inside the house.

"Hey! Don't act like a child!", her mom yelled back and faced me again.

"I'm sorry about Christine. She always acts like that whenever she's flustered.", she said.

"That's okay Mrs. Brooks.", I replied. What would Christine be flustered about?

"Come in.", she said as she gestured me to really go in. I went in and both of us went to the living room and I sat on the couch.

"I'll go get something to drink.", she said as she rushed to the kitchen. I looked around the living room and I saw picture frames of Christine's family. Apparently, she was an only child. I also saw pictures of Catherine when she was a kid and there were photo albums below the table in the living room. I wanted to scan them but if I did that, I would be evading their privacy. A few minutes later, Mrs. Brooks came with a tray on her hands. She placed the tray on the table and sat beside me.

"Thank you.", I said as I took a glass.

"You're welcome.", she replied. As I was drinking, Mrs. Brooks asked.

"What is your relationship with my daughter?"

"Christine and I are friends.", I replied.

"Do you like her?", she asked.

"It's not that I don't like her Mrs. Brooks. It's just that I already have someone who I love.", I honestly replied.

"Is that so? May I ask why?", she asked. Wait, isn'r she evading my privacy? Oh well, I don't want to disrespect Christine's mom.

"The girl I love already has someone she loves. But even so, I can't help myself but love her. I don't know why but I just can't stop thinking about her. She's just so...", I stopped when Mrs. Brooks placed her hand on my shoulder.

"I was once like you.", she said as she laughed.

"You were?", I asked. So she knows how I feel right now? This is my chance to ask her what she did.

"Yes, I was. But in the end, we didn't end up together. Instead, someone was there for me. Someone who was always there when I was broken,", as she said that, Christine's face appeared on my mind.

--------------------------------

CHRISTINE BROOKS

--------------------------------

I wouldn't call it eaves dropping but it was an accident. I was about to enter the living room when I heard my mom say my name. I hid beside the entrance and I heard their conversation loud and clear. They must think I'm still in my room. Michael said what he felt and my mom said she was the same. Well, I feel what Michael feels. Unfortunately, the one I like has someone he loves. Then I heard my mom continue.

"Then later I thought, he was just right there from the start. He was there when I was broken, he always supported me on with my crush, he always made ways for me and my crush to be together or have time together, and most of all, he did all these even though he was already hurting.", my mom said. My eyes widened in surprise as Mark's face appeared in my mind. He was like what my mom described except for the hurting part though. I mean, Mark couldn't possibly like me, could he? Does he actually like me and I didn't know? Nah, I'm assuming things. That couldn't possibly be true, right?

"What did you do?", Michael asked.

"I thought, why not give it a shot? So I spent more time with that someone and eventually, I moved on from that guy I liked and eventually started to like this someone instead. In the end, we ended up together and even got married.", my mom replied. Wait, so this someone she's talking about was my dad?!

"So this someone was Mr. Brooks?", Michael asked.

"Yes. You know what? Don't love blindly. You'll never know that that someone for you was right there from the start. And because you continue to love blindly, that someone for you will disappear. My dear, you have to look out of the box. Because if you don't, it's you who would be hurt and the one who will hurt you isn't the person you love. But the one who will hurt you is the love that you feel right now.", my mom told Michael. I felt like I was hit by millions of daggers. I didn't know why but I just felt so. So does this mean I should give up on him? Give up on Michael? I didn't know what to do. I climbed up to my room with mixed emotions of confusion, sadness, and hurt.

--------------------------------------

Should Christine give up? Or not? Find out on the next chapter of UMBRELLA! :)

Hey guys! Sorry for the late upload and for only updating one chapter. :( I was super busy with my enrollment in school. But anyway, here's a long chapter for you guys! Enjoy!

Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE, AND SHARE :*

-SophiaMission

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.7K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
12.1K 168 93
Two completely opposite people; Natalia Grey the school nerd, teacher's pet. She's a big sister and role model. She believes in love at first sight...
2.2K 1.3K 55
What happens when you fall for someone you know you're not supposed to fall in love with? ''It's cool to have insecurities Jasmine, but controlling i...
49 0 14
"I just want to go someplace where no one knows my me." Just like that, my wish has been granted. My mom and I will move to a new place, I had to l...