Lashton One Shots

By Haydenpumpkinchan

Contains baby 5sos, cliffhangers, mystery, pirates, blackmail, fluff, lemons, tons of Lashton and very few sp... More

Lashton One Shots
#Lashton
Baby Ashton
Baby Ashton Part 2
Baby Ashton Part 3
Baby Ashton Part 4
Skinny Love
Baby Luke
Baby Luke Part 2
Baby Adventures- Luke's Birthday Crush
He Likes Boys
Cake
Storm
"I'll Catch You If You Fall."
The Hybrid Story
Different Ending
Mute
Luke's Fairy
Luke's Fairy Part 2
Luke's Fairy Part 3
Superhero
Superhero Part 2
Countdown
Sick
Stuck In A Lift
Luke's Christmas Present
Heartbreak Boy
Glass Cases and Kisses
Note Passing
Princes
The Moviestar and the Maid
Wild Love
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll Part 2
Voodoo Doll Part 3
Bad Influence
Socks
The Five Day Challenge
I Love/Hate My Neighbor
Luke's Flower Child
Luke's Flower Child Part 2
Luke's Flower Child Part 3
Niall's Flower Children Mishap
Niall's Flower Children Mishap Part 2
Luke's Flower Child Part 4.5
Everyday
Punks VS Nerds
Punks VS Nerds Part 2
Sightless Eyes
Escapist
Saving Red
Switched
Freedom- Read All About It
Freedom- Never Surrender
Freedom- Bad Day
Freedom - Gives You Hell
Ashton's Fairy
Find Love On Earth
Luke's Birthday
The Taste Of Ashton
Friends With Benefits
Mango Smoothie
Reader Asks
Character Asks
The Cutest Delivery Boy
LashtonIsAKenguin
Tonight Love Slowly Blooms More
For Larry_Lashton ♡
Blackmail
Blackmail Part 2
Blackmail Part 3
Blackmail Part 4
Blackmail Part 5
Blackmail Part 6
Ashly and Lucy
Boarding School
The Good Life
Bubble Bath
Gravity
Promises
Super Models Mean Super Crushes
Mine To Hold
Luke's Kink
Unsouled
Candy Kisses
Ashton's Birthday
The Dare
The Dare Part 2
Stutter Boy Part 2
Stutter Boy Part 3
Mini Ashton
Smalla Than A Bug
The Problem With Santa
How It Really Happened
Stockholm Syndrome
Stockholm Syndrome Part 2
The Copper Scroll
The Copper Scroll Part 2
The Copper Scroll Part 3
The Copper Scroll Part 4
The Copper Scroll Part 5
Oblivious
Opposites Can't Attract
Opposites Can't Attract Part 2
Script What You're Going To Say
Fish Out Of Water
The Hunger Games
Friday The 13th
Luke_Is_A_Penguin
Not According To Plan
Petsmart
Luke's Flower Child Part 5

Cop VS Criminal

27.9K 410 272
By Haydenpumpkinchan

Luke is the city's best cop, no criminal gets past him.

Ashton is the city's best criminal, he always gets past Luke.
 ---------------------------------------------

Luke slammed the police car door closed.

"What's going on?" He demanded, walking up to the door of a jewelry store. "Why was I called down here?"

An officer walked up to him. "It's him again sir. Your thief."

Luke sighed heavily. "Let's get this over with then."

You might be confused right now. You see, Luke has his own thief. Well kind of anyways. His name is Ashton and he took a liking to Luke, ever since Luke almost caught him the first time Ashton ever stole. The first time it was because he needed the money; the second time it was just to piss off Luke. Luke is the city's best cop, no criminal has ever gotten past him. Except for a Ashton of course, he slipped through Luke's fingers 15 times so far, thus earning the name Luke's little thief.

It drove Luke crazy, knowing that he was out there and that he was famous for getting past him. Luke was determined to bring him in, no matter the cost.

"Brief me." Luke said to the officer as he entered the store. "What happened?"

"Your little th-uh, Ashton, broke in through that window, setting off the alarm. But he smashed through the glass case before we arrived, making off with two diamond rings and a necklace valued at 8,000$." He handed Luke a note. "He also left this. It's for you."

Luke uncrumpled the note.

Hey cutie ;) if it helps, you were closer to catching me than last time XD not really ❤ you can try again tomorrow, i'll be at the park, stealing some kids ice cream, lets make it a date shall we? i'll be the one in the mask ;) you give me meaning, being your little thief is the best, maybe one day i'll steal your virginity ;) later lovely

Luke cursed loudly, crumpling up the note and throwing it to the ground.

"Cocky son of a bitch." He muttered, running his hands through his hair.

He went up to the store manager. "I'm gunna need to see your security tapes." The man nodded. "They're in the back, follow me."

Luke followed him to the back room. He took off his sunglasses and watched as the man played the tapes.

The manager fast forwarded it to half an hour ago.

The tape showed the store. Luke saw a figure come up to the window, leave, then return with a giant rock. The rock flew through the window, making glass fly everywhere. People inside ran, including the woman behind the counter.

Ashton strode in. He looked up at the camera and pulled off his mask. He winked and waved his fingers.

He picked up the rock and smashed the glass case, picking up two rings and a necklace. Police cars parked outside the entrance. Ashton looked at them and ran out the exit he had made. The officers ran in. Two broke off to chase him. Five minutes later Luke showed up and the man stopped the tape.

Luke slammed his hand on the table, making the man jump.

"Dammit!" He walked back to the front. "Where are those two officers who chased the thief?"

"Uh, here sir." Two cops approached him.

"Did you catch him? Did you at least see where he went?" Luke demanded.

"Uh no, he was far into the city and we lost him." The first said.

"The city? Are you sure?" Luke asked.

"He doubled back a few times, but that where we last saw him run off to." The second said.

"Secure the perimeter." Luke ordered. "He may still be on the scene."

They nodded and left.

"Hemmings!" A voice shouted and Luke groaned when he saw a reporter.

"Is it true your little thief got past you again? This would be the 16th time, am I right?" He asked, holding out a microphone.

"No comment." Luke replied, striding past. "Get off my crime scene."

"Ooh, sassy aren't we? I'm taking that as a yes." The reporter grinned.

"Mr. Davenport, escort that man off my crime scene." Luke ordered a security guard.

The guard nodded and walked off. The reporter got wide eyes and ran off with the camera man.

Luke sighed and climbed into his car, resting his arms on the wheel.

He had move to this city three years ago and became the city's best cop, and the youngest. And then this arrogant little thief came up and ruined his ego.

Luke didn't get it, why could he never catch Ashton?

How did he slip past him sixteen times in a row? Why was it just Ashton too? No one else had ever gotten past him, what made Ashton so special?

"Sir." Someone knocked on the window and Luke rolled it down.

"Yeah?"

"Perimeter secure, he's not here." The man reported. Luke sighed. "Alright. Go home Pat, there's nothing else to do here."

Pat nodded. "Okay. Sorry about him getting away again." Luke glared. "Go home Pat."

Pat backed away and Luke turned the keys in the ignition.

He drove home, tapping his fingers on the wheel to the song on the radio.

One day, tomorrow maybe, he would catch Ashton. So help him God.

-

Ashton sat on the roof of the building next to the jewelry store he had just robbed. He laughed out loud when he saw Luke pout in his car.

"Aw, sorry babe. Maybe one day I'll let you catch me." He smiled. "But having you chase me is much more fun."

He stood up and stretched. "See you tomorrow baby." He put the glittery necklace over his neck. "This is pretty, so glad I stole it." He admired the rings on his fingers before jumping onto a lower platform of the building and then to the ground, shoving his hands in his pockets and keeping his head down as he walked past the jewelry store.

He smiled.

-

Luke pulled into his driveway tiredly.

He unlocked his front door and took his shoes off, locking the door behind him again.

He collapsed onto his bed. "Tomorrow. At the park. He won't get past me again." Luke narrowed his eyes at the ceiling. "He won't."

-

Luke sat on a bench in the park the next day. He scanned the park, but no one was suspicious looking.

He sighed and looked at his watch. One more hour and then he would call it quits.

Someone sat on the bench behind him. "Hey there."

"Hi." Luke grumbled, not in the mood to talk to strangers.

"Whoa, someone's in a bad mood." The person chuckled.

Luke rolled his eyes.

The man leaned back, placing his elbows on Luke's bench. "You know what you need?"

"What?" Luke asked irritably, toying with his lip ring.

"Ice cream. Maybe," Luke gasped slightly as the person whispered in his ear, "take it from a little kid."

Luke whipped around but the person was gone.

He looked all around, but Ashton was already far away.

"He was here, he was fucking right here." Luke angrily messed up his hair. "That cocky little bastard! Seventeen times in a God damn row!"

He sighed. His phone rang and he answered it angrily.

"Hello?"

"Luke? Uh yeah, we got a break in at the gas station near the park. It's your little thief again."

Luke hung up and glared.

"This will not happen twice in one day. It won't."

He took off running.

-

"Now what?" Luke snapped as he arrived on the scene.

"Same as the jewelry store, smashed a window and ran away before we arrived." An officer said, coming up. "You might want to watch the security tapes."

Luke followed him to the security room. "Why?"

The officer played the tape. "Just watch."

This one was in color and had sound, unlike the jewelry store.

A few customers milled around the area. Suddenly Ashton came through the glass window, shattering it and making the people scream and run.

Ashton brushed bits of glass off himself. He smiled up at the camera. "Hey Luke, nice to see you again. Lovely weather at the park huh?" Ashton talked as he walked around the store, picking up candy, pop, anything really. He smashed open the register, but only took out one dollar. He waved it around.

"Too bad I had to cut it short. But I'm actually very surprised you came." He flashed the camera a grin. "Guess that means you do like me, at least a little."

Sirens wailed nearby and Ashton looked out the not smashed window.

"Oop, gotta go, see you tomorrow Lukey!" He ran out with his stolen items.

"He's going to steal again tomorrow." Luke glared at the tape.

"Where?" Asked the officer.

"The bank." Luke said blankly. "He's going to rob a bank."

"How do you know?" The officer asked dubiously.

"He dropped the dollar before he left. If you were a robber, wouldn't you take the whole cash register?" Luke asked him. The officer nodded.

"So then why didn't he?"

"Because he's going after something much bigger."

He ran outside and pulled out his cell phone, dialing the sheriff's number.

"Hey Cal, what's the biggest bank in this area?" Luke asked when the other line picked up.

"Uh, that would be the downtown Royal Grande bank. Why?"

But Luke had already hung up.

"All units too the Royal Grande bank! We're doing a stakeout." Luke shouted. He couldn't help but grin.

Finally.

-

It was three in the morning. Ashton flipped his hood over his head and peered out. No body around.

Duh. It was three in the morning. Everyone would be asleep in bed. Ashton frowned. He wished he had a bed.

He jumped off the window of the apartment adjacent to the Royal Grande.

Not thinking about that now, he told himself. Focus.

A bank would be harder, he would have to break into a vault too. No smashing windows this time. He had to disable the security camera's first, then sneak in through the front entrance.

The control room would be in the basement. Ashton walked around the building, searching for a ground level window.

A light flashed. Ashton whipped around. A flashlight. An officer was walking around the building. He had a guard dog with him. Ashton cursed and ran back do the apartment complex. He hid behind a car and waited for the police officer and dog to pass. He waited a few moments more to make sure the coast was clear. He breathed a small sigh of relief and turned around.

Click.

Ashton could hear the smirk in Luke's voice. "Hello Ashton."

-

Luke sat in his police car a few blocks down from the bank. His radio crackled. "Chris and the dogs are doing a routine patrol search on the perimeter of the bank." Luke picked up the radio. "Copy." He said. He scanned his surroundings but he didn't see anything-a silhouette!

Caught in the flashlight sweep. The figure ran back and hid behind a car. Luke grabbed his gun and got out of the car, silently running up behind the figure.

The figure was looking behind him. Luke smirk when he recognized Ashton.

He clicked his gun. "Hello Ashton."

Ashton froze in surprise. He raised his hands half up. "Luke, good evening for a stroll dont you think?"

"More like a car ride. Turn around." Luke shoved him against the car and started searching him for weapons.

"Ooh, kinky." Ashton winked. Luke rolled his eyes and locked a pair of handcuffs on him. "Shut up."

He read the Miranda Rights off to him as he led the thief back to the police car. He shoved him in and locked the door.

"Looks like 18 is not your lucky number." Luke said. Ashton just smiled.

Luke walked back to the bank. "Chris! I got him, radio the units to head home."

Chris was surprised as they walked back to the police car. "You got him?" Luke glared. "Is that surprising?"

"No, it's just, where is he?"

"What do you mean?" Luke turned around and his world crashed when he saw the police cars door open, a pair of handcuffs resting on the seat with a note.

Luke fired his gun into the air, screaming out in anger. When he had calmed down some he torn open the note.

<3 see u soon babe! guess 18 isnt ur lucky number either

Luke sighed. "How am I going to explain this to everyone?"

-

Later that night, Luke climbed into bed tiredly.

"Unbelieveable." He muttered. He was about to switch off the light when he heard a crash down stairs. He was out of bed in an instant. He grabbed his gun and crept silently downstairs to investigate.

Ashton was sitting at his table, eating a bag of chips. He looked up and waved.

Luke gasped and ran forward, pushing Ashton off the chair and slamming him against the wall.

"What are you doing here? How did you get in?" Luke demanded, pressing the gun to Ashton's back.

"Nice wall color you have." Ashton said, slightly muffled against the wall.

"Why did you come here?" Luke demanded. "You know I'm going to turn you in."

Ashton smiled. "That's exactly why I'm here. I want a full pardon."

Luke choked on his words. "W-what? No! What makes you think, why would you-no!"

Ashton struggled a little against Luke's strong grip. "Let me explain before you shoot me! I promise I won't run away."

Luke glared. "I can't trust you."

Ashton sighed. "Well I can't feel my arms anymore. I don't like this game."

Luke sighed and released his grip a little. "Fine." he led the thief back up to his room. "Sit." He pointed with the gun to the bed.

Ashton followed the gun's direction. "Um, I'll sit on the floor." He slowly lowered himself on the floor and leaned against the bed, staring up at Luke, blinking innocently.

"You're not getting a pardon." Luke glared, playing with his lip ring.

Ashton watched him. "I am. And you're going to give it to me."

Luke laughed. "And how do you know that?"

"Because." Ashton smiled. "I have something you want."

"What's that?" Luke raised an eyebrow, keeping the gun pointed at the thief.

"Everything I ever stole." Ashton shrugged. "So, multiple things actually."

Luke scoffed. "Yeah right. We both know you're lying."

"I'm not!" Ashton glared. "I'm a thief, not a liar. Never a liar." He reached into his shirt and pulled off a shiny necklace. He tossed it to Luke. "There. The necklace from the jewelry store. And the rings." He pulled off two diamond rings and threw them at the cop too. He glared up at the gun. "I'm telling the truth. Today's Saturday. I have everything I ever took at a vault. The vault opens on Monday. On Monday you can go in there and return everything. In exchange I want a full pardon."

Luke picked up the stolen-now returned- jewelry. "How can I trust you? What vault, where?"

Ashton offered Luke his hand. The cop glared at it. "You'll just see on Monday, won't you?"

"And where will you stay until Monday?" Luke asked.

Ashton climbed onto Luke's bed, smiling up at him.

"No, no no no. Absolutely not!" Luke exclaimed.

Ashton sighed, pushing Luke's gun out of his face. "Where else? You trust me to leave and come back?"

Luke groaned loudly. "Oh for- alright fine, but you sleep on the couch."

Ashton smiled and crawled under Luke's covers.

"Hey! I said couch!" Luke snapped.

-

Luke handcuffed Ashton to the couch's leg, bolting the leg the floor.

"No breaking out of these." Luke glared. "You made me ruin my floor."

Ashton fiddled with the metal ring. "No one asked you to do that you know."

"But we both know I had too." Luke sighed. "I'm taking a shower, sit stay." Ashton glared. "I'm not a dog!"

Luke ignored him and went up the stairs.

"At least give me the remote!" Ashton yelled up.

He groaned when there was no answer. He reached out as far as the handcuff would allow. The remote was sitting on the far side of the coffee table.

His fingertips just barely brushed against it. He managed to knock it off the table, making it skid off and bounce under the TV.

He groaned and flopped onto the couch, trying to get comfortable in the handcuffs.

This couch was the most comfortable thing he had laid down on in years, besides Luke's bed a few minutes ago.

He had almost forgotten what that felt like.

He grabbed a pillow with his free hand, studying it closely.

He knew he couldn't sleep like this. He threw the pillow off, and all the cushions.

He could feel the springs beneath him. This was more what he was used too.

He hadn't spent a cent of anything he had stolen. Except for that very first time.

He had run away from home when he was barely a teen for reasons he'd rather not talk about. He was starving. He needed money. No time to get a job and earn a check.

There was a cop on break. He was eating on the back of his police car, he had left the front door open. Ashton could see his wallet.

He crept up slowly, snatched up the wallet and ran. The cop shouted after him but Ashton ran and ran.

Eventually he had to stop. He caught his breath and opened the wallet.

His eyes were wide with adrenaline and he actually laughed.

That feeling, it made him feel happy. Happiness was what he needed.

And from then on, he was stealing everyday.

The cop on break had blonde hair and a lip ring. He had never caught him, until today.

-

Luke stepped out of the shower and dried off quickly, pulling on his pajamas.

It had gotten dark quickly.

He crept downstairs and saw Ashton asleep on his couch, or what was left of it. The pillows and cushions were strewn around the living room.

"What the..." Luke was going to wake up the thief and yell at him for making a mess but stopped. Instead he walked back to his room, grabbed a spare blanket and brought it back down to Ashton.

He covered his enemy with the blanket and went back upstairs, wondering what had compelled him to do that.

-

The next morning, Luke called in sick to work.

"You sure you're okay?" Luke could hear the frown in his friend Michael's voice. "You always came into work sick before."

"Yeah I'm fine, just don't want you to catch it." Luke reassured. A loud scraping noise from downstairs. Luke looked out his bedroom door but he couldn't see Ashton from his room.

"What was that?" Michael asked.

"What was what? I gotta go, bye." Luke hung up and went downstairs.

"What was that?" Luke asked, glaring at the thief who was hanging upside down off the couch. "What was what?" Ashton asked.

"What did you break?" Luke narrowed his eyes. Ashton gave him doe eyes. "Nothing! Just trying to get comfortable." He grinned. "You should sleep with me so I don't get lonely."

"No thanks." Luke rolled his eyes and walked to the kitchen, making coffee.

"Oooh, what are you making? Make me some too!" Ashton called.

"No!" Luke said.

Ashton pouted, picking at the handcuff. "So you're gunna starve me? That's rude. I'm a guest!"

"You're not a guest, more like a burden." Luke retorted, but he got down two cups anyways.

"Aw thank you Lukey." Ashton took the cup happily, when Luke was done.

"Don't call me that." Luke snapped. "Where the hell's my remote?"

"Under the TV." Ashton said, taking a sip. "Ew wait, is this coffee? I don't like coffee."

"What's it doing under the TV?" Luke asked with narrowed eyes. Ashton shrugged, hiding his face with the cup.

Luke sighed and sat beside him. "Why did you take my couch cushions off?"

"Someone's at the door." Ashton said. The doorbell rang. Luke looked at him quizzically and got up to answer the door.

"Package for Mr. Hemmings." A deliveryman said. He looked at Ashton in confusion. Ashton held up his handcuffed hand and pointed to it with his free hand. "Hardcore sex." He mouthed. The deliveryman blushed and left quickly, leaving Luke in confusion.

"What's in the package?" Ashton asked eagerly, bouncing on the couch with his knees. Luke set the package on the coffee table. "Don't know, but you don't get to play with it." Ashton's face fell. "What, aww, why not?"

"It's mine." Luke left to get some scissors. Ashton pouted and crossed his arms.

Luke returned and cut the box open.

"Is it a bomb? Motorcycle? Microwave?" Ashton asked, looking over Luke's shoulder. Luke looked at him. "In a box this small?"

"So, not a motorcycle?"

Luke rolled his eyes and pulled out a new pillowcase set. "Of course this finally comes when I change the colors of my room." Luke muttered. He hit Ashton in the face with it. "Here, you can have it to sleep on."

Ashton looked at it. "Penguins?" He looked up at Luke with a half smile.

Luke huffed. "Do you want it or not?"

"Or not." Ashton said, kicking it away from him. Luke gave him a confused look. "What do you have against pillows?"

"Turn on the TV, I wanna see the weather, looks like it's going to rain." Ashton said abruptly, staring out the window.

Luke looked at him a moment longer before crawling under the TV and retrieving the remote. He turned the TV on to the local weather.

A reporter was giving the news. "-an immidiate evacuation of residents in the Orange County. With high levels of wind and rain, it is highly recommended people leave for high ground before the major storm hits tonight."

"Hey, we're in Orange County!" Ashton turned to him. Luke waved his hand dismissively. "We'll be fine." He glanced at the clock. "Want some lunch?"

"Can I have a shower?" Ashton asked excitedly.

"Don't know..." Luke looked at him. Ashton rolled his eyes. "I'm not gunna run away naked. Just let me shower or I'll stink up your couch." Luke huffed. "Alright fine." He unlocked the handcuffs and led Ashton up to his bathroom. "Towels are under the sink. I'm locking the window." Luke showed him how to operate the shower and waited until Ashton was in it to take his clothes and bring them downstairs with him.

He prepared two sandwhiches and was just cleaning up when he heard the shower shut off upstairs.

The door squeaked open and Ashton stood at the top of the stairs. "Lukey! Did you steal my clothes?"

Luke turned around and immediately covered his eyes. "Ashton! Wh-what the hell man, cover yourself!"

"With what? You took my clothes!" Ashton pouted. Luke could sense him standing just a few feet away from him.

"With a towel!"

"But there was only one and I didn't want my hair to drip!" Ashton walked right up to Luke and grinned. "Am I making you nervous Lukey?"

"I said don't call me that." Luke said shakily.

Ashton laughed. "I am aren't I? You have little to no sex life, do you?"

"Your clothes are on the table, put them on please." Luke said, still covering his eyes.

"Alright alright." A few minutes later Ashton said, "You can look now, even though you were totally peeking."

"I was not peeking!" Luke said, moving his hands away from his face.

"Were too. You were totally checking me out." The thief walked up and whispered into Luke's ear. "I seem to have misplaced my underwear, help me find it?"

"Get off." Luke blushed and shoved him off. "Eat your sandwich."

Thunder suddenly boomed overhead, shaking the whole house. Rain slammed against the window.

"That was quick." Ashton commented, abandoning his food and running to the window. "You sure we'll be safe?"

"We?" Luke asked, coming up beside him. Ashton blushed. "I meant me. I'm the only one who knows where the vault is."

"We'll be fine." Luke closed the curtain. "Eat your food."

"You should handcuff me to you." Ashton said, taking a bite of the sandwich as Luke sat beside him with his own food.

"Why would I want to be near you more than what I already have to be?" Luke asked. Ashton put his hand over his heart. "Ouch."

Luke noticed a red line around the thief's wrist. He touched it and Ashton yanked his hand back. "Was that the handcuff?" Luke asked softly. Ashton hesitated, then nodded, rubbing the line gently. "You should have told me it was too tight!" Luke exclaimed.

Ashton shot him a look. "Why would you care? You hate me, remember?"

Luke frowned. What Ashton said actually hurt. "I don't hate you." He was surprised to find that was true. He didn't hate the thief. In fact...he actually liked having him around. He brightened up the atmosphere, made Luke blush and laugh. Drove him crazy all those years when he couldn't catch him. Made the house a little less lonely.

"I'll put that away for you if you're done." Ashton muttered. Luke looked down at his plate. "Oh, uh thanks, but I'll put it away when I finish." Ashton nodded and put his own plate away.

He started leaving and Luke stood up. "Hey, where are you going?" Ashton pointed. "Living room."

"Oh, thought you were leaving." Luke said, sitting back down. Ashton glared. "I said I wouldn't. I told you, I'm not a liar."

"Right, sorry." Luke mumbled. He looked down at the table. He actually trusted the thief to be alone in his house, after being with him for just one day.

He sighed and put his plate away, not hungry anymore. He peered around the door. Ashton was sitting on the stripped couch, playing with the penguin pillow.

"Do you know why I steal?" Ashton asked and Luke jumped guiltily, not knowing Ashton knew he was there.

"No. Tell me. I've always wondered." Luke sat beside him. Ashton looked at him. "But you never asked."

Luke shrugged. Ashton flipped the pillow a few times.

"When I was fourteen, I ran away from home. I was on the streets for a week when I realized I wasn't going to last like this. I had to get some food. But first, I needed money. There was cop who looked like he was on break. I saw his wallet on the seat. I just reacted. I grabbed it and ran. He had almost fifty bucks. I spent it all on food and the very next day, I saw on the news people were calling me the Cop Thief. I felt so horrible for ruining that cops reputation. I promised I would pay him back. But in the meantime I had to keep stealing. So I did." Ashton reached into his back pocket and pulled out a wallet.

He tossed it to Luke. "That's yours. You'll find forty eight dollars and twenty seven cents in it, the exact amount that was in it the day it was stolen."

Luke opened it and saw he was right.

He pulled out his old ID, credit cards, license.

"You were the one whole stole from me that day?" Luke asked in disbelief.

Ashton nodded. "You never caught me so I took a liking to you. I kept stealing, and we got pretty close a couple of times." Ashton smiled at the memories of Luke almost catching him.

Luke smiled too. "Well, thanks. For giving it back. I can't believe you held onto it all these years."

"A promise is a promise." Ashton looked down at the pillow in his hands.

Luke smiled and hugged him, making the thief stiffen in shock. Then he relaxed and smiled, holding Luke too.

Somehow, in that hug, Luke had forgiven Ashton for ruining his reputation. And Ashton had forgiven himself for every time he had stolen.

"I promise, after Monday, I will never steal again." Ashton mumbled against Luke's shoulder.

-

Ashton woke up. He looked around and wiped his eyes, wondering what had woken him.

He was on the couch, sleeping with the pillow Luke had given him.

And then he realized.

"Luke!" He shouted, scrambling up. The whole house was flooded. The water had picked up the couch, making it float. The bolt that held it to the floor was gone. The water was slowly but steadily rising up the stairs. The first step was underwater and the second was half gone.

"Luke!" He shouted again, tugging painfully on the handcuff. Why did he lock me again? He thought angrily. Thought he could trust me.

"What is it Ashton?" Luke asked, flicking on the lights.

"Oh nothing." Ashton glared. "We seem to have a tiny leak." Luke gasped at the scene before him.

"What-how?" Luke asked in disbelief.

"Do I look like I know? Just unlock me!" Ashton shouted. The couch had absorbed so much water, it had slammed back against the floor and water was creeping up. Ashton couldn't climb any higher on the couch because of the handcuff. He stood on the couch, forced to lean down some. The water was up to his waist and rising.

"Luke!" He shouted, fearfully now.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Luke jumped off the top of the stairs and splashed onto the floor. He waded through the frigid water to Ashton. He held the key in his hand.

"Hold still." Luke tried to concentrate.

"I'm not the one who's shaking." Ashton snapped, but honestly they both were.

Finally Luke got it off and Ashton jumped the water with him. "How do we get out?" He cried, holding into the cop.

"My room, there's a door in the ceiling that leads to the roof!" Luke shouted.

The water was devouring the fifth step and they climbed the wet stairs, slipping and sliding. 

They made it to Luke's room and slammed the door shut against the rising water. Luke got some towels from the bathroom and shoved it against the door's opening at the bottom to keep back the water a little longer. 

"Where's the door?" Ashton asked fearfully.

"My closet!" Luke opened the closet door and pointed up.

Ashton jumped. "I can't reach it!"

"Here!" Luke wrapped his arms around Ashton's waist and lifted him up.

Ashton pounded on the door until it broke open. He grabbed the sides and pulled himself up, sitting on the roof.

He reached his hand down. "Luke! Grab on and I'll pull you up!"

The water leaked through the towels and started filling the room. Luke reached up and grabbed Ashton's wrist. Ashton hissed and yanked his hand back. "Ouch, sorry." He reached his other hand down.

Luke grabbed on and with some difficulty, Ashton pulled him onto the roof too.

Luke slammed the door shut.

They sat beside each other, staring at the sunrise.

"You know, the vault is going to be ruined. It's not waterproof." Ashton said suddenly.

Luke laughed. "Doesn't matter, I could never turn you in anyways."

Ashton looked at him. "You weren't going turn me in?"

"I was at first, but you changed my mind these past two days." Luke smiled at him. "Um, when help comes, do you wanna live with me maybe?"

Ashton smiled at him. "Are you asking me to move in with you?"

Luke placed his hand over the thiefs. "Are you accepting my offer?"

"I am."

They stared at the sunrise while they waited for help to arrive, hardly able to wait to start living their new life together as boyfriends; instead of a cop and a criminal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

NO THEY DO NOT DIE I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO WRITE A RESCUE SCENE CUZ THIS ENDING WAS MORE ROMANTIC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79K 1.7K 44
One shots for: ❥Cake ❥ Muke ❥ Malum ❥Cashton ❥ Lashton ❥ Mashton ❥ No smut, I can't write OT4's [Requests Open] // not in the fandom anymore, but st...
93.2K 3.1K 199
so many blurbs so little time (and chapter space) ©michaelcliffwhore | 2016
34.5K 1.2K 22
Enjoy this small collection of stories. I've removed the copyright restrictions so please feel free to use any of my works in here as you wish. It'...
241K 2.8K 33
read my newest one shots on ao3, my username is dancingmalum these are my one shots from before I quit posting on wattpad.