Redemption [3]

By Vampirediaries1996

Who would have thought our favorite Bass would find herself in the middle of one of the toughest love triangl... More

The Start of Something New
Back to Reality
Anonymous
Telling The Truth
The Spectator
Chuck and Dan Are Friends
A Not So Welcoming Shower
The Beginning of Love
Aftermath of the Crash
New Years Second Chances
The Dark Truth
Wedding Drama
Runaway Bride
Georgina Scheming Again
Picnic Dates and Plans
Valentine's Day Sucks
A Party or a Wake?
KiKi Fashion or Just Kinky
Lola on a Mission
Who's Your Mother?
What Happened in Portugal?
I am Not Your Father
What is Real and What is Fake?
What Have you Done Lola?
Realizations
Family Business
Old Friendship
Being a Boss
Rekindling of Lost Love
Sabrina
Moving Forward
Girl Talk
Horse Shows and Drama
Getting Real
Cotillion Scandal
Phillips for Sale
Microfilms and Fashion
What Are We Thankful For?
What Do We Do Now?
Break From It All
Bart or Bastard
Goodbyes Are Never Easy
Bart's Truth
Fate
Three Words, Eight Letters
It's Just The Beginning
New Life
Merry Life
Let's Start with Forever
Falling For You Forever
The Future is Ours

Forgive But Never Forget

3.3K 60 13
By Vampirediaries1996

Sorry for the long wait in-between chapters. Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. I love hearing from each and every one of you. Like I've mentioned before I am planing to rewrite separate books for different outcomes for Ella. So stay tuned for those books after Redemption is completed.

"So, let me get this straight after all your fighting with Alessandra and your publishers you've finally decided to write a sequel to Inside?" I'm currently lounging on Humphrey's coach as Dan ferociously types away on barely looking up at me as I talk to him.

"I'm giving the people what they want and I've finally found my inspiration for a sequel."

"Thanks by the way for kissing Blair." I state sarcastically. "It has literally been ice cold living with Serena and Blair as roommates since that disastrous party." I let out a huff of air as I lean my head back on the couch.

"Which, you never fully explained what went down that night. And how come I didn't' see you?" Dan stops writing to look at me and he can see the hurt still in my eyes.

"Honestly, Dan I have no idea what happened that night. All I know is Nate put our relationship on the backburner for some cater waitress he barely knows. And I don't have a flipping clue why."

"I still can't believe he didn't tell you about the party and..."

"The party isn't what bothers me."

"Oh, then what bothers you?" I sit up and look at Dan.

"It's the fact that I was absent from the party for hours and he never once called to see if I was coming. Dan, it was like he didn't care if I was there or not. I gave up a safe and loving relationship for Nate. I wanted to experience true love in its purest form, but in just a few months my heart has been broken more than it ever has."

"Have you talked to him since the party?"

"Nate's called a few times and left voicemails saying he's sorry and that we need to talk this out. I haven't been avoiding him, I just..."

"You don't want to end up heartbroken again." I nod and Dan comes over and brings me into a hug. "Hey, whatever happens, I'll be here for you. If I can support Blair through her horrific marriage I can help you through Nate's stupidity." I laugh like I have laughed before. Dan always knows how to cheer me up and spending the past few days in Brooklyn has really helped me clear my head.

"Thanks again for letting me crash in Jenny's old room. Your place is close to my recent shoots and it's been nice to get out of the Upper East Side."

"Hey, what are best friends for? If you can't crash on their place once and while then you need better friends. Plus, you've been monumental in helping me edit parts of my book. I always forget how amazing you are as a writer."

"Your work didn't need that much editing, just a few word changes here and there." Dan heads back to finish the last sentence of his proposal and jumps out of his seat.

"Come on we're going to get some real food and not the takeout we've been indulging in for the past few days."

"Lead the way, Humphrey."

__________________________________
Dan took us to one of the best 24-hour diners I've ever been too and I couldn't help but order the giant cinnamon roll to go. I couldn't force it down after my huge omelet, pancakes and hash browns but I can fit it in for an afternoon snack.

"Seriously how do you eat all of this and still stay in model shape?" Dan asks as we enter the loft.

"Lots and lots of tears in the gym Humphrey." We enter the loft just as someone throws a jacket down on some boxes. We look up to see Rufus on a ladder.

"Dad, what are you doing here?"

"It's so cold I came to get my green down puffy jacket."

"Which is here because?"

"Lily hates it. And she'd throw it out if she got her hands on it."

"Well, you might want to listen to a woman with taste."

"Coming from the guy who still won't cut his hair." I state.

"What's wrong with my hair?" Dan reaches up to smooth down his hair.

"Dan, the question you should be asking is if there is anything right about your hair."

"You're so mean sometimes." Dan jokes.

"That reminds me, how's everything going with Blair?"

"That's a nice transition, but we haven't really spoken. I and Ella have been busy with my book proposal and she's busy with, uh, her princess stuff. So, you know."

"No, I don't. And you guys kissed."

"Which is why it's better to stay clear of her. Nothing good could come of us hanging out right now. So, if we're not gonna be more than friends, it's too hard to be just friends."

"So, not the romantic Humphrey that I know and love." I add and Rufus nods in agreement. "Nate and I stayed friends long before dating and even after he confessed his feelings to me I still maintained a relationship with him."

"How is Nate by the way?" Rufus asks me and Dan and I give him a look and he holds his hands up. "Sorry, I thought by now you two would have worked things out."

"Me too, but you're not completely wrong. I am meeting him later to talk things out and see where we want to go from here. It's not a breakup it's more of a reality check. Mostly for me, do I want to waste my time and energy loving someone who will only find himself loving or wanting someone other than me."

"I'm hoping for the best for you two. I do think you make a great couple and I hope everything works out."

"Thank you, Rufus, which uh reminds me I need to head out. I need to change and then meet Nate before my meeting with Gina about which shot they decided on for the cover." I wave goodbye to Dan and Rufus and meet Arthur outside and head back to reality.

__________________________________
I head up to my apartment to hear shouting coming from the eating area. I move towards the doors but Dorota stops me before I get closer.

"Miss. Serena and Miss. Blair is being forced to work things out."

"Aww, well good work. I'm just going to head up and change."

After changing I had to endure the torturous ride to the Empire. I haven't been over here since the party and Nate and I have only spoken briefly over the phone and mostly through tests. I've been too scared of the outcome our relationship to face him in person. I just need to take a deep breath and hope for the best. I know I love Nate and I always will I just need to know he still loves me or more importantly is still in love with me.

__________________________________
I head up the elevator not knowing what I'm going to expect but definitely, this was not it. The doors open and I'm met with Dan and Lola staring back at me. I kept my face calm and composed as I wonder why she was here. I know Dan was going to walk Monkey with Chuck, but Lola is still a mystery.

"Ella, it's so good to see you. I loved your recent spread in Vogue and the charity work you've been doing is amazing."

"It's nice to see you, Lola. How's Julliard?" I step out of the elevator to hug her and not lose my temper.

"It's going okay I've just been procrastinating and actually Dan and I are heading over to rehearse for one of my classes. We're reenacting parts of Dan's book. If you want we would love or you to stop by later."

"I'll see how long my meeting with my manager goes. Here." I hand over my phone to Lola. "Let's exchange numbers."

"Okay, awesome. Here's mine." She hands me her phone and then she and Dan leave and I'm forced to wait for Nate in the living room. He comes out of his bedroom shocked to see me.

"Ella, hey. I didn't hear you come in." He walks over and embraces me in an awkward hug mostly on my part. "Have you been waiting here long?"

"Just long enough to say hello and goodbye to Dan and Lola." Nate stiffens when I mention her name.

"I know how it looks, but we were just hanging out and..."

"Nate, do you see what the problem is?"

"I know I screwed up with Valentine's day celebration and I should have been a better boyfriend to you and I'm sorry. Please know that I had no intentions to have you waiting for me at the restaurant. I just...everything was happening so fast and I..." He sits down next to me and tries to reach for my hands, but after seeing Lola leave all the wounds from that night open up again.

"Did you even miss me that night?"

"What? I..."

"Nate, you were shocked when I even showed up to your party hours later. Did it not dawn on you once to call and make sure I was still coming?"

"I just. I was preoccupied with setting up the party and..."

"No, you were too preoccupied talking to Lola!" I try and stand up but he stops me.

"Please hear me out. I love you, Ella. Always have and always will."

"Then why did I feel like I was second best on a day that is meant to celebrate people's love for one another. Nate, I was looking forward to celebrating our love with everything we've been through, but you couldn't even pick up the damn phone!" Nate pulls me closer to him trying to calm me down, but nothings working.

"I know I was an ass that night. I've been kicking myself ever since. I should have treated you better than that and I know I messed up. I just need to know that you'll forgive me and we can work through this."

"Nate, I will always love you and forgive you for the stupid things you've done. But I can't forget that feeling I had when I was pushed aside for a stranger you barely know. That night made me feel like you weren't in love with me. Is our relationship becoming too safe and boring for you? Are you wanting something else? Someone else?"

"Elle, why are you asking me this. Of course, I'm in love with you. I've never loved someone like I've loved you. I..."

"Then why through a whole party to become friends with Lola? Why not talk to me about why this friendship with her is so important?"

"Because I feel like you won't understand."

"You can't make that decision without talking to me."

'You want to understand." Nate stands up and rakes his fingers through his hair. "I want a friendship with Lola so much because she reminds me of you."

"You're not making any sense Nate. I..."

"When you're away for work and I'm left in this city I realize how alone I am. I realize how much you brighten my day with just your smile and I needed something or someone to fill that void. When I met Lola again at Blair's wedding something in me just clicked with her and it wasn't until after the party that I realized why I like hanging out with her so much is because she reminds me of when we hang out. You're so honest and real with me about everything. You don't bullshit me and you don't take any of my shit. But most of all I feel free. Lola is not you and she will never be you, but it has been nice talking to someone like her. Every time I'm with her she reminds me why I'm so in love with you."

"Nate, all of that's sweet of you to say, but I'm worried about you forgetting me one day and just wanting Lola for more than just friendship." Nate pulls me up to stand in front of him.

"Ella Bass, I've waited years to tell you how much I love you. No one is going to make me change my mind. I love you and only you. I'm a stupid man who didn't take your feelings into consideration and I need to work on that. Please know that what happened on Valentine's day was never my intentions nor do I ever want to hurt you like that again. Can we get past this?"

"On one condition."

"Anything for you."

"You pick up your phone and call me yourself if plans change again." Nate brings me into a hug as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Deal." Nate and I briefly kiss and I know things won't' go exactly back to where they were, but I can't dwell on one thing for my whole life. If I can't learn to forgive how can I expect him to learn from his idiotic mistakes. All I know in this moment is I'm madly in love with Nate and nothing can change that.

Do you think she forgave Nate too soon? Will something else get in their way? Stay tuned to find out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 220 16
Charlotte Reagan, unlike any of the UES residents, is raised in Brooklyn like her classmate, Dan Humphrey. When she meets Carter, sparks fly, but obs...
66.5K 1K 63
"π™Άπš›πšŠπšŒπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš•πš˜πš˜πš” 𝚊𝚜 πš‹πšŽπšŠπšžπšπš’πšπšžπš• 𝚊𝚜 πšŽπšŸπšŽπš›." "πšˆπš˜πšžπš› πš“πšžπšœπš 𝚊 πš πš˜πš–πšŠπš—πš’πšœπš’πš—πš πš™πš’πš, πšŒπšŠπš—'𝚝 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšπš’πšŸπšŽ πšžπš™...
733K 14.7K 126
Whatever the princess wanted, the princess got. Well except, of course, from her father. King Bass never believed in his kids, even if one is one of...
30.9K 701 41
I made a mistake. It's true. But I'm working to be a better person, for myself, for my friends and for my family. But being a teenage screw up and in...