The Lost Princess ( The Compu...

By asatabardo

Joshua turn to get a closer view of, his stepmother? Can he even call her that she was younger than him! She... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 59

20.1K 881 34
By asatabardo

Joshua stopped as he reached the entrance of the balcony.  Outside, was without an lantern on the walls or the railings, his eyes sort to adjust to the darkness, only the dim moonlight that peeked from between the clouds it was trapped in, had given him the advantage of spotting the edge of the golden hem of Halley’s gown. It sparkled under the light, one that could be spotted from a distance. It wasn’t the lack of lighting that had caused him to hesitate but the sobs he heard coming from her. Was that man abusive towards Halley? His hands balled in a fist, rage burn through him like a campfire. It did not matter if she had forgotten about him and moved on, he would protect Halley. First, he needed to speak to her.

Halley sat cuddled in one of the dark corners, tears streaming down her beautiful face. She tried to muffle her sobs with her hands to keep them quiet from the guests who was just feet away inside but it was all for naught. She didn’t care anymore, everyone was dancing and enjoying each other’s company when she would always be miserable. She hugged herself trying to prevent herself from shaking rather than the bitter coldness of the night. José’s sincerity and words had shattered her and made awareness to her mistakes. She had let a decent caring gentleman walked out of her life. How many women would have been so fortunate? He was very handsome, love the children and her. A man of great value that had the king’s fondness. What more could she have asked for?Joshua?

She shook her head, Pulling the hem of her gown in her hands, it bundle at her chest and she embraced it. Joshua was gone, Halley! She need to let go of the corpse of her husband and marry another, one that was alive and have flesh. Hearing José speak so frankly what was on her own mind for a long time, caused her heart to clench even now. She was in love with a corpse. It must be a blessing and a curse not being able to visit his graveside, she fear she would have slept their day and night.

She must give the man applause for sticking with her throughout the past few weeks. She really tried to enjoy being in his company but he was not Joshua. He didn’t made her shiver with longing with just one touch. His eyes were not bright like the morning sky and made her burn with passion under his gaze. She hate comparing them both, they were different with their own likeness. The major was that, one was still breathing. Alive.

She buried her face in the bundle and sobbed. Why did she felt like she also died with him? Why didn’t she?  The thoughts of him stole her life, invaded it. He should have just take her with him and end this torture. She wanted to stop missing him…stop loving him. Needed too.

“Halley?”

“No!” Halley lifted her head. Her hands left the bundle, allowing it to pool around her once more, to cover her ears. “You are not real….just go way!”

Joshua took a step backwards, his outreached hands withdrawn from touching her. Her harsh response, though it hurt, had reminded him that he must approached with caution. His fingers race through his hair. How? He inhale a deep breath, the coldness of the air seems to calm his nerves. He was supposed to be dead. Patience, was not the answer, it would only prolong the inevitable. The worst that could happen is she probably would faint or have a heart attack. His eyes widen at that last word, Christ, he didn’t came back from the dead to kill her!

Halley scrambling to her feet, broke his reverie and he watched as the shadow went to lean against the stone railings. Her eyes staring at the ground below.  “I hate you Joshua…I hate you so much!”

She hated him. She knew he was alive all this time and here? That crushed any hopes Joshua had left of them being back together. His eyebrows crunched then what she said next caused him to reel in his anger. “You’re dead, why can’t you leave me alone?” Then she sobbed even louder. “you want me to be with you, don’t you?”

Joshua eyes shimmered with tears. She was still morning his death, it wasn’t because someone had been abusive towards her that she was here sobbing. It was because of him. His death had caused her more pain that he could imagine and though it was wrong. It made him feel happy, she still love him. The faint smile that was unconsciously pulling at the corner of his lips disappeared, fear rose within him like never before when she placed one foot over the railing. “No!”

Joshua leaped at her, wrapping his arms around her slender waist. He pulled her body of the railing and embraced her. She felt so good in his arms, so fragile. How could she want to do this? What about their child? Does this meant that their child was not alive? A sob broke from him which he did not tried to hide.

“Halley pleased don’t leave me….I have just found you…just remembered you…don’t leave me”

Halley stilled the moment strong arms hugged her body, taking her away from the dangers below. The air left her lungs as her heart rate increased. Not because a stranger was holding her intimately, that it made her want to blush by the way her body responded. It was the reality of what she had just attempted to do. “Oh my god!” She cried. She was such a terrible mother, for almost making her children orphans.

With strength, he didn’t thought he possessed, Joshua released Halley. She seems to have come to realise what she was just about to do and completely forgotten about him, he sighed watching as she walked away from him. Did she even heard what he said? She shone like sparkling jewels in the moonlight, then she dropped to her knees, as if standing, a simple task was too difficult to manage.

“What is wrong with me?” Halley whispered starting at her trembling hands. She knew she would have to seek help after this, this was the second time she had attempt to take her own life. Joshua was poison to her soul. The third, no one might be present to save her. It helped that she didn't remembered almost dropping off that cliff with Joshua, it was not her choice to faint when she was so close to the edge.

She pivot her head to see her saviour. Halley’s eyes widen then she blinked twice to clear the cloud of tears from them. When he took a step forward, she crawled away from him until her back pressed against the solid balustrade. This was not her husband, he was dead. This was all her imagination, she reminded herself and why was she picturing him with shorter hair? Do they had grooming supplies in the life after? She closed her eyes, shutting herself from the image before her. “Go away, Joshua, let me be..…you don’t belong here anymore!”

Joshua was getting frustrated, he knelt in front of his wife, who refused to open her eyes. Yes his wife, she was his, always will be. He didn’t care if she had married another, start a new life. His life was with her and maybe they could escaped to England for he was now certain that she still love him. Why else would she be mourning him after all these years?

“Halley” He cupped her cheeks and brushed the tear drops away from her eyes, his palms warm against her skin. He saw her lips parted to inhale air but she still had her eyes closed, refusing to acknowledge him. “Halley look at me, I am alive…I am not dead” She took a moment to open them and started at him through long wet lashes, those bold brown eyes looked more tired than shock.

“Of course you are dead” she said breathlessly, “I saw you fell off that cliff”

So that was what happened. He did not remember falling or how he got out but was certain it must have been one of his friends. They always protected him, no matter the dangers. It explains a lot from the fabricated story his father had told him.  “That’s why you kept following me? You still believe you are amongst the living? I have red-“

Joshua couldn’t resist capturing her lips in a leisurous, sweet kiss that would have brought Halley to her knees, if she was still standing. No ghost would have had this effect on her. Halley was shivering with emotions, and when he pulled away leaving her breathless. She immediately opened her eyes to stare into desire filled dark blue eyes. Joshua was alive! Halley’s head was still swirling from that kiss and this new discovery was making it worse. She reached out to caress his cheek, warm not cold. It moved beneath her touch to help form the handsome smile on his face. “Joshua..…” her hands travelled down his chest, his abdomen, his stomach.

A sob broke from her and she lifted her head to stare at him. “But how?” her tears was now on of joy, excitement. “How is this possible?”

He pulled her into his arms crushing her to his chest. “I am so sorry Halley….” Her small arms tighten around his abdomen. He wanted to bury his face in her vanilla scented hair but the heavy jewel prevented him. “I believe one of my friends saved my life. …oh god I miss you so much my love. ” He brushed his hand over the curls at the back of her head.

Halley was still sobbing when she tilted her head back to look at him. She was so beautiful even when she was crying. “Joshua it had been three year....wwhat took you so long?”

“I couldn’t remember what happened…” Joshua said tenderly. “I couldn’t remember you Halley. I felt so awful, when I realized how much years I have lost not having you beside me”

She hugged him, covering her face in his neck. “ I am so glad that you came back to me Joshua ” she whispered, she trace her fingers in his dark hair loving the feeling of the texture. She pulled away slightly to capture his lips in a deep hungry kiss, her fingers sort out the buttons of his waist coat and pop them opened. Joshua could barely breathe when one of her hands made contact with his bare chest and her thumb flickered over his nipple. His mouth left hers of nibble on the spot where her shoulder met her neck. “Halley we shouldn’t..”

“Hmm?”

“Someone might-“ A smile lingered on her lips. His mind was saying one thing when his body was saying another, as he spoke his hands were trying to unfastened the lace at the back of her gown. She opened her eyes to glimpse at the balcony door.

“There have never been a scandal at one of these ball’s maybe we should give them one…that’s only if we are caught” laughter rose from within his chest, he lifted his head to stare into mischievous brown eyes.

“You are unbelievable" he kept his eyes on her and he pulled opened her gown from behind. Her exposed back caused her to shiver slightly as the night air assaulted it, she didn’t think to wear anything under her upper body, the dress had enough cloth already and the surprise look on Joshua’s face as his hands brought warm to her flesh made her smile. She knew she had made the right decision.

***

Sunlight stream through the white drapes that covered the spotless glass windows, it  made Halley’s skin glowed under its gaze, her dark hair hid under the covers that covered the both of them. Joshua kissed the top of her head, that was nestled on his chest, she refused to move from that position since she fell asleep last night, the slight movement would cause her to tighten her hold on him, afraid that he would not be here when she awakes.

After they made love on the balcony last night, Halley had somehow manage to sneak him upstairs to her chamber, a difficult task with all the guards around. She’d had to dismiss a couple of them before he could be able to pass. She had all but giggled when Joshua came out of behind the potted plant as soon as the guard’s back was turned. He smiled to himself, as his hand stroke her tangled hair, remembering how long they were when she took off her crown and unpin the curls allowing them to tumble down her shoulders.

It wasn’t the only thing that had changed, though she had always been slim and leaned. Halley seems to have gotten thinner, if that was possible. Her breast that was currently pressed on his abdomen had gotten bigger, proving that their child had been developed and carried. So much unanswered questions, had got Joshua restless that he had not been able to sleep. The rest of the night was spent, watching his wife sleep peacefully in his arms.

He must have waked her, her eyes fluttered opened and she lifted her head, giving him a soft smile. “I thought last night was a dream,” She reached out to trace her fingers along his cheek. It still have not taken full effect that he was here. “Oh my love, you don’t know how many times I have wished-"

“Sshh” Joshua placed two fingers on her lips. “No more tears, I am here now and I am not going anywhere. ” A frowned grew on his face and the words were out before he knew it. “Halley who was that gentleman you were dancing with last night?”

Halley grinned. “ So it was indeed you I saw in the crowd ”

He didn’t smile back.

“ Oh my gosh, Joshua ” She rolled off of him and lay flat on her back, the duvet shying far from covering one of her breast, Joshua looked away, trying very hard to concentrate on her face. “You are still as jealous as I remembered. ” She turned on her side to stare at him. “I am surprised you didn’t came over and punched José in his face ” She said, remembering back in England with Lord Barkson.  At that time he didn’t even acknowledged that he was in love with her.

“Don’t mention that man name’s when we are bed Halley ” Halley rolled her eyes, a while ago José was refer to as ‘gentlemen’ now, he was merely ‘that man. ’

“ And It did crossed my mind,” He paused then continued “You know what, I don’t care if you are married to him ” He reached up on his elbows and went to lean over her, ignoring her sudden narrowed gaze. “I know you love me Halley. I don’t doubt that and I also know if I asked you to run away with me, you would……ouch!” Joshua rock back on his knees, his hand went to rub the back of his head.

“You are such an ass Joshua ” She looked at him with displeasure, her head shaking from left to right. “You have no idea, how these past years have been for me,” She couldn’t help the sob that broke from her. “ I couldn’t get you out of my heart Joshua, marriage was the last thing on my mind…I was to in love with you to let you go even in death ”

“I am sorry Halley ” He held her by her shoulders. “When I saw you with that man, you looked so happy. I thought you had forgotten about me and moved on” tears welled in his eyes as she looked up at him. “It crushed my heart seeing you in other man’s arms, I was ready to accept defeat….but then I remembered we have a child…Halley our child’s still alive?”

Halley nodded. Her boys would be so enlighten to have their father back. “Yes,” She reached up to brushed a kiss on his lips. Suddenly eager to get out of bed to meet her children. They should be awake by now. When she pulled back Joshua had a radiant smile on his face.

“Do we have a feisty little girl like her mother ?”

She bit her lips and look away. Her husband didn’t know she had twins, what a startled surprise that would be and she would very much liked to see his expression “We have a son ”

“Yes!” A squeal of delight escaped Halley, she was gathered in her husband’s arms. They tumbled backwards on the bed and Halley laughed as he began rolling with her on the huge bed. She couldn’t understand why men grow so enlighten by having a male child, true it was the ‘heir thing ’ but a girl can be an heiress as well.

“I wonder if I would have get this excitement if I had said a girl. ” She breathed, when they stop rolling.

“I would have been out of this bed before you could have said put on some clothes ” He grinned. “I couldn’t left my little girl unprotected with all those men out there and knowing how….” he nibbled at her lower lip. “Beautiful her mother is, I’ll have to start immediately, of course. ”

“I should have told you, we have a girl then,” She smoothed her hands over his hair. “Can’t believe I miss the opportunity of seeing you running down the hall naked. ”

“You little minx"  He said, then began tickling her. Halley try to squirm away from his administration, her laughter bubbling through the room as she begged him to stop. It was such a delight hearing her laugh at his antics.

A gasps sounded in the room, which was not his wife and they sober up immediately. Halley rose on her elbows her eyes widen at Penelope whose eyes where focus on Joshua. Halley followed her gaze and sighed with relief when she saw that he was not revealing anything. It’s the least she could say for herself.

Joshua ran his hand through his hair and chuckled nervously. “Umm….good morning ”

Halley hit him around his upper arm, causing him to look her way. “Don’t say anything ” He looked at her with bewilderment.

A thud echoed throughout the room and they both turned to see the three piece candle stick, they hadn’t notice until now, that lay beside Penelope’s feet.  The poor maid must have thought she was in danger, that explains the weapon and the reason why she used the adjoining door that separated Halley’s bedchamber from her miniature drawing room that, and the fact that  her door was locked.

“Penelope” She snatched her gown off the ground and wrapped it around her and walked towards the startled maid, who was still looking at Joshua. “Penelope!” Halley snapped, the maid flinched then her eyes widen at Halley.

“I am sorry Princess, “she fumbled over her words. “ I thought, I-" Halley use her index finger to turn back the girl’s face to look at her and not her husband.

“Oh dear ” The maid’s hands went to her flushed cheeks. “Please forgive me Princess… the child-”

“Come with me Penelope,” She look over her shoulder to see Joshua had already slipped into his breeches as she usher the maid in the drawing room. She didn’t know whether he speak Spanish or not and was not going to risk conversing about her sons in his presence.   

As soon as the door was shut behind her Penelope exploded. “I am so sorry princess, I thought someone was hurting you, I didn’t see any of the guards and the door was lock and remembered this entrance and oh my god he is so handsome! Forgive me for looking not that I could have help myself, oh my god I am such a terrible person. My mother would be so disappointed…or would she?”

Halley shook her with a smile, then rested her hands on the maid’s shoulder, grateful that she didn’t came storming into the room with a bunch of guards. “Calm down Penelope, you did nothing wrong. Your intentions were good and I appreciate it, now I need your help with something. ”

She slowly shook her head, skeptical about Halley’s calm person. “Anything, your highness ”

“I cannot let my father or brother see my husband before the children. ”

“You don’t have to worry Princess, I would get the boys dressed and ready to meet their father and as to sneaking him downstairs, you all but have to use the servant’s stairs, it’s located just down the hall near the portrait of the Crown Prince when he was a boy ” Halley eyebrows rose a fraction. “Yes, princess we do have one and no guards are present which is naturally common, no one seems to care about the servants protection. ” Her voice lowered to a whispered, melancholy tone  as she continued. “What does it matter if we tumble down the stairs, break our necks, crush our skull, rot and die on the spot?”

“Penelope!” Halley rolled her eyes. “Fine! I’ll place a guard there if that is what you want!”

“Thank you, your Highness ” She smiled. “I must be off then ”

“Wait, Penelope you didn't seem surprised that my husband is alive?”

“I knew the moment I saw him Princess…. That’s why I was staring, not because he was gorgeous and look good half naked. “He resembles the children and I couldn’t remember the last time I saw you this happy ”

“Thank you, Penelope ” She said, tenderly. Then turned halfway before she remembered something. Halley swung back around to catch the maid before she disappeared behind the door.  “Oh Penelope, there is one more thing, I request of you…..”

***

This is a lovely song to listen when reading this chapter or just for your enjoyment:
Leslie Odom Jr. Winter song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q_ZmjIAwRo

Sadly I don't know how to insert audio and I'm to lazy to google anything lol.

Don't forget to vote and comment
Thank you :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

865 45 43
My fingers slid down his frangible ribs, subconsciously counting each one. I stared upon his scrawny figure. My hatred had quickly turned into guilt...
141 16 12
"Do you remember when I tried to sneak a kiss from you when we were children?" "Your Highness, I don't think this is the most appropriate time to rem...
13.3K 645 18
The two of us roll down the hill of daisies, laughing as we race to the bottom. "I roll faster than you!" I laugh aloud as I get up. "Not true! I'm...
50.6K 3K 50
⚡caution : this isn't a story of happily-ever-after love & heartwarming romance. this is a story of heartbreak. ⚡ all the graphics in this book are m...